-
Hobbitchild replied to the topic What Age Are Your Main Characters? (Plus Free Book Giveaway!) in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
That’s cool, how many books are you writing right now? I have one I’m currently writing and four more in my head (I wrote down a little), and one I’m taking a break from.
Thank you so much for your interest in my book! I have a goal of at least 25 copies downloaded a day, and I’m failing today’s goal. I have eighteen.
-
Arindown replied to the topic What Age Are Your Main Characters? (Plus Free Book Giveaway!) in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
Ever since I was little, my characters have always been a few years older than me, or late teens. Right now (I think I’m improving😄) my main character is in his 60’s…but he’s a wizard, so he seems younger. In my other books, my MC’s are 17, and 9.
I’ll try to check out your book.
-
Zee replied to the topic What Age Are Your Main Characters? (Plus Free Book Giveaway!) in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
I like the idea of having a young child for a main character, and I’ve written short stories with children, but so far all my novels star adults…and a couple of older teenagers. Re-writing my characters as younger would really mess with the stories’ plots (because they are romances) but with a different genre, this would be an interesting…[Read more]
-
Hobbitchild started the topic What Age Are Your Main Characters? (Plus Free Book Giveaway!) in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
Hi!
Question: what age group do you usually have for your main characters? I always make my main character a kid and surround him or her with other kids. Have you ever tried re-writing your character’s age? If so, how much did it change the story?
Also, in case you haven’t heard, I published a book yesterday that is completely free on Amazon for…[Read more]
-
Hobbitchild replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
My book is called, “Memory Lane Was Moved”. It is for ages 9-12, but any age can read it. It is FREE for five days starting today! I would love it if you would tell your friends about it (especially the ones with kids)! Here is the link.
Fun fact, the Jason Bourne movies inspired this book!
-
Hobbitchild joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Where do I go from here? in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
Ooooooo yikes… I’ve got chills…. 😀 I love it!!
-
Hobbitchild replied to the topic My Publishing Journey in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
@zee Thank you so much! In all, I have gotten 15 downloads.
-
Zee replied to the topic My Publishing Journey in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
Hey, @hobbitchild, I just picked up my copy of your book! Looking forward to reading it. Please do keep us posted on how things go. I’m pretty new at this game myself (having published my first book only a few months ago) but I’d love to help you out or share ideas if there’s any way I can.
-
Sarahfi replied to the topic My Publishing Journey in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
Thanks for the tag, @hobbitchild! This is cool to watch. Feel free to tag me if you post anything more about this.
-
Sarahfi started the topic Instagram/Bookstagram Help! in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
I just moved into the dorms at college. Everyone has Instagram and uses it to connect. Also, I’m in a new city with a new church. The student group also uses Instagram. I don’t really have any social media, but it looks like I’m going to get Instagram.
I’ve heard a lot about Bookstagram as a book marketing tool, and I’ve considered doing it…[Read more]
-
Hi, @sarahfi ! I gott say, I LOVE bookstagram and the community there. The Christian bookish community is so encouraging and supportive and I’ve connected with so many great authors there! But I also gotta say that sometimes it is hard to figure out new content to post all the time, but once you figure out a manageable schedule things get a lot…[Read more]
-
Thank you, Jenna! That does help.
-
-
-
Sarahfi joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Hobbitchild started the topic My Publishing Journey in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
@zee @selah-chelyah @abigail-rebekah @beth20 @sarahfi @nancy-drew @writergirl101 @anne_the_noob14 @katthewriter @pensword
Hi, everyone! I tagged a bunch of people I thought might be interested in this post.
So, tomorrow I am releasing an ebook on Amazon called “Memory Lane Was Moved”. I encourage you to visit the webpage it is listed on here. It…[Read more]
-
Hobbitchild joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Claire_Tucker joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Laurel joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Gracie replied to the topic For Critique: Novel in Progress, Chapter One in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
Yes, I’d love to help!
The more eyes, the better!
Indeed mam.
I will do the same for you.
“you could give as much or as little critique as you felt in the mood for”
Thank you for offering to read my book.
-
Zee replied to the topic For Critique: Novel in Progress, Chapter One in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
Gracie, I totally understand if you’ll be busy, but if you’re willing to help, I don’t mind if it takes a while. I could send you the story chapter by chapter, and I wouldn’t send a new one until you were through with the one that came before, so you wouldn’t feel backlogged. And you could give as much or as little critique as you felt in the mood…[Read more]
-
Zee replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
I’m new, so I hope you all don’t mind me jumping in to comment. Just wanted to say thanks to you, Rebekah, for being so willing to share your struggles and questions, and for having the humility to take even the painful advice in the spirit it’s meant. And to the rest of you, thanks for sharing your wisdom! I’ve also recently self-published…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic For Critique: Novel in Progress, Chapter One in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
character development
I’ll tag you to a character building game on here.
It’s helped me with learning about and rounding some of my characters.
Would you be interested in giving me a more in-depth critique of the whole thing as I go along?
Interested, yes, very. (But I’m not sure you want me to do it.)
Disclaimer: I’m not sure if I’d be a very…[Read more]
- Load More












