fb

Fantasy Writers

Character Castle 2.0

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 2,830 total)
  • Author
    Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@mischievous-thwapling
    I LOVE the idea! Let’s go with this and dinosaurs! Finally someone as weird as me!!! (I’m so happy:D)

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Rusted Knight
    @rusted-knight

@mischievous-thwapling

I say go with it.

The Devil saw me with my head down and got excited. Then I said Amen

A.N. Parker
    @bigideaskc

Hey, y’all! I posted my character (Esperanza Plateaux) on the original topic, sooo… How do I join this thing, I guess? Haha, thanks so much!

Grammar Geek | Steampunk Enthusiast | Published Author | Winged Warrior | Avatar by RedPhoenix15

Rusted Knight
    @rusted-knight

@bigideaskc

I guess the easiest way to join is to get a character in need of development, attach it to a parachute and kick it out of the plane. Once it lands, let ’em run wild and figure out who they are.

A.N. Parker
    @bigideaskc

I guess the easiest way to join is to get a character in need of development, attach it to a parachute and kick it out of the plane. Once it lands, let ’em run wild and figure out who they are.

@rusted-knight
    Haha, I love that analogy! 😀 Thanks for your advice! 🙂

Grammar Geek | Steampunk Enthusiast | Published Author | Winged Warrior | Avatar by RedPhoenix15

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Welcome aboard @bigideaskc! What book(s) did you publish? what’s it about? Is there a story behind your profile pic? (Am i asking too many questions?:)

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@wingiby-iggiby
    You do archery!?! That’s is soo cool!!!

A.N. Parker
    @bigideaskc

Welcome aboard @bigideaskc!

@this-is-not-an-alien
    Thanks so much, Cathy! 😀

What book(s) did you publish? what’s it about?)

Great questions! I have two books; one is a children’s book called The Princess Chronicles (about these princesses learning kindness, friendship, forgiveness, trust, teamwork, and more important qualities 🙂 ), and the other is a sci-fi novel that actually was just republished TODAY (today is release day, LOL) – False Awakening. 😀 It’s about a man who’s in a dream within a dream, joins a Rebellion, and fights against an evil tyrant to save the dream world… and the real. 😀

I’m also working on my third book, Sabre Black (just hit 330 pages the other day, WOOT), about a race of winged people called Andorians; the good are called serahs, and the bad are called cendars. The book is about a teenage girl, Sabre Black, who is a cendar but fights for the serahs. Sooo… is she good? Is she bad? Is she both? 🙂

Hahaha, so yep!

(Am i asking too many questions?:)

ABSOLUTELY NOT. Questions are amazing and yeah, I just… really love questions. XD XD

Anyway, yep! Thanks so much for asking! ^-^

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@bigideaskc

HI!!! *ecstatically waves* So glad you can join us!

WOW!! That is amazing that you’ve written, much more published, all those! And that one you’re working on sounds really cool!

"I threw stones at the stars, but the whole sky fell."

Brooke
    @wingiby-iggiby

@this-is-not-an-alien

I wish I could say I do archery, but alas, I do not! 🙁 I used to shoot a little bit just for the fun of it, but never pursued it. I just remembered that’s one of the badges you can earn. 😀

@bigideaskc

Your books sound SO cool! YOU sound SO cool! Could you tell me how you managed to actually write those books and finish them? Because I am such a scatterbrain and do not finish a lot of things.

I light the arrow, pull the bow,
    Shoot that fire right through my soul.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@bigideaskc
    I second what @wingiby-iggiby said! I’ve been working on mine for like four years. Did you self-publish or find a publishing site? How long did you work on your first novel? What marketing strategies have you used? What was your working strategy?
    I was looking through your character’s profile and she has a rapier! Did you know a good rapier blade can bend 180 degrees in either side!?! Do you know any sword positionings or techniques? How do you do that thingy where your reply pops up with what i said earlier because i am not tech-savvy 😛
    @wingiby-iggiby
    Well it’s still super cool that you’ve tried it before!! I’m very scatterbrained too and I have the ability to forget what I’m doing. While I’m doing it:) Are you working on one particular book currently or bits of several books(/random ideas)? Tell me all about them (please)!

A.N. Parker
    @bigideaskc

WOW!! That is amazing that you’ve written, much more published, all those! And that one you’re working on sounds really cool!

@mischievous-thwapling
    Thanks so much! 😀 I actually will now add that my previously mentioned book, False Awakening, is (as of today) now officially a bestseller. AHHH!!! So excited!!! 😀

Your books sound SO cool! YOU sound SO cool!

@wingiby-iggiby
    LOL! Thanks so much! ^-^

Could you tell me how you managed to actually write those books and finish them? Because I am such a scatterbrain and do not finish a lot of things.

Hahaha! I hear ya. I like to say that I make my own motivation rather than seeking it or just waiting for it to appear in the vastness of earth, LOL, by jotting down random words to replace later if I’m stuck on the Blank Page Syndrome or simply taking a breath of fresh air outside and then coming back in; y’know, fun stuff like that. 😀

I’ve been working on mine for like four years. Did you self-publish or find a publishing site? How long did you work on your first novel? What marketing strategies have you used? What was your working strategy?

Nice! 😀

1. I originally self-published, but my book is now republished. I am super excited! 😀
    2. It took me about a year to work on False Awakening, but I later realized that wasn’t as long as most YA books are. My third book is longer, LOL.
    3. I’ve used plenty of different marketing strategies (a lot of them including the #WritingCommunity of Twitter which are super supportive), plus the marketing of my publisher and agent. 🙂
    4. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE QUESTIONSSS

I was looking through your character’s profile and she has a rapier! Did you know a good rapier blade can bend 180 degrees in either side!?! Do you know any sword positionings or techniques? How do you do that thingy where your reply pops up with what i said earlier because i am not tech-savvy 😛

1. THAT’S SO COOOOL!!! I did not know that, actually. That’s awesome! 😀
    2. A few just from studying (like fencing, because I have two fencers in my book), but I don’t really know many sword techniques or positions for practical use, haha. I want to learn, though; everything sword-related is awesome!!! <3
    3. It’s that button next to “REPLY” that says “QUOTE.” Just click that and it pops up your whole reply! I like to copy and paste to break ’em up into pieces like I did with yours, haha.

Hopefully that answered all your questions! Thanks so much! 🙂

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@bigideaskc

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT????!!!!!!!!!! The False Awakening is a best seller???!! *shakes head in wonder as respect for you multiplies by ten* That is amazing.  Congratulations!!

And I also was wondering what Wingiby Iggiby asked about how you finish stuff. Those tips sound awesome!! I will totally use them 😀

"I threw stones at the stars, but the whole sky fell."

A.N. Parker
    @bigideaskc

WHAAAAAAAAAAAT????!!!!!!!!!! The False Awakening is a best seller???!! *shakes head in wonder as respect for you multiplies by ten* That is amazing. Congratulations!!

@mischievous-thwapling
    LOL! Thank you so much! 😀

And I also was wondering what Wingiby Iggiby asked about how you finish stuff. Those tips sound awesome!! I will totally use them 😀

SWEET!!! Glad I can help. ^-^

@ mischievous-thwapling @wingiby-iggiby @rusted-knight @this-is-not-an-alien So… I just now realized that Character Castle 2.0 isn’t the same thing as the original (first) Character Castle… Am I allowed in both role plays? Am I able to join this one too? If so, can I choose a different character than Plateaux so I can, like Rusted Knight said, get a character in need of development and attach it to that parachute (whilst hoping it works and my character doesn’t fall off the face of the earth 😀 )? Thanks so much! 🙂

Phew… After answering all those questions, I think I needed to ask some of my own. 😉 LOL! Thanks, all!

Rusted Knight
    @rusted-knight

@bigideaskc

I’m pretty sure its alright. If it isn’t we are both gonna be in the same boat cause I’m juggling two different characters in both castles.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 2,830 total)
  • The forum ‘Fantasy Writers’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Craft Moving Themes Without Turning Readers Off

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the 2024 Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

Learn How to Write Christian Themes that Resonate

Enter your email to get the worksheet, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

Get Free Writing Resources

Sign up below to gain immediate access to over a dozen ebooks, story worksheets, and action step guides.

Register for the Panel Discussion

Enter your email to claim your free spot at the live event!

Pin It on Pinterest