@the-inkspiller
Active 3 years, 10 months ago-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Research of less-than-desirable topics (wounds, wound complications, etc.) in the forum Fantasy Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
*nods* Alrighty. Gwen probably has a high enough tolerance for pain to be able to do it, and definitely knowledge and creativity enough, so I’ll say that’s taken care of…
Yeah, relatively human hand, but of a creature strong enough that breaking the bone isn’t a problem. But I’ll change that to the ulna. Not that it really…[Read more]
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Research of less-than-desirable topics (wounds, wound complications, etc.) in the forum Fantasy Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
@the-inkspiller Also, the break was caused by strong pressure (so think someone grabbing your forearm tight enough to break it. Not twisting it or anything, just squeezing), if that matters any as far as symptoms, treatment, recovery, etc.
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Research of less-than-desirable topics (wounds, wound complications, etc.) in the forum Fantasy Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
@the-inkspiller (I’m gonna assume that you and Jonathan are the same person 😛 )
I went and read back over all your comments and, like I said on the doc, found them all very helpful!
So… is it realistic for a person to be able to set her own arm? (The break is about halfway up the radius [just fyi for perspective purposes]) Also, I assume that…[Read more]
-
PenSword replied to the topic Greetings Other Humans (I think) in the forum Horror writers 6 years, 7 months ago
I actually haven’t read much horror either, besides classic horror. Frankenstein and Dracula are both good, and there’s a super short second vampire novel called Carmilla that was interesting. I think the only modern horror I’ve read was a book called Prodigal Son which is part of a Frankenstein retelling series sort of thing by a guy…[Read more]
-
Urwen Starial replied to the topic Research of less-than-desirable topics (wounds, wound complications, etc.) in the forum Fantasy Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
Okay, just finished reading it through once. I’m planning to go back through and look for things now. Idk how intense it’ll be, because it’s really good!
I really enjoyed it. Medieval isn’t necessarily my favorite kind of thing to read, but that was seriously so amazing!
Also, I’m wondering about the church Myrrha is in, is it…[Read more]
-
Naiya Dyani replied to the topic Writing Rampage! (2/29/20) in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years, 7 months ago
@phoenix @hope-mcclellan @urwen-starial @the-inkspiller @kari-karast
*coughs carefully into her elbow* Whelp, here I am, coming down with something, not feeling super inspired, and insane! I predict that by the end of the day I shall be full of sushi, chocolate, and cough drops. And hopefully with a smaller percentage of my story left.
*pops a…[Read more]
-
Elisha Starquill replied to the topic Research of less-than-desirable topics (wounds, wound complications, etc.) in the forum Fantasy Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
@the-inkspiller – WOW. That information on infections was so helpful. I’m one of those people who don’t really get grossed out about those things (not sure if that’s good or bad xD) and found it really cool and fascinating. Thank you! I’m taking A&P right now, so whenever we discuss things about injuries and whatnot, I get so excited (the same can…[Read more]
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Research of less-than-desirable topics (wounds, wound complications, etc.) in the forum Fantasy Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
I do the same! On the character memes page, I’ll copy what I’m typing about every other paragraph, just in case.
XD
@the-inkspiller And yo, I’ll trade you some fresh eggs (duck or chicken, possibly turkey [if Butters laid enough]) for your encyclopedia-ness! We have an over-abundance of eggs right now XD I wish I could just send…[Read more]
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Research of less-than-desirable topics (wounds, wound complications, etc.) in the forum Fantasy Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
@the-inkspiller Yay! I just pasted them in this doc here… https://docs.google.com/document/d/1wHvu-Pego35e3sgiH1yG2qky2co0qOHCgNtuIqfel10/edit?usp=sharing
And I’d love to read yours! I may not can get around to it very quickly, cause I have another one with a deadline that I’m supposed to beta-read, but I’ll definitely try to read it soon (…[Read more]
-
Urwen Starial replied to the topic Research of less-than-desirable topics (wounds, wound complications, etc.) in the forum Fantasy Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
I’m always willing to read stuff!
If you want me to, I’ll do it gladly, I’m not very busy this weekend. 🙂
-
Urwen Starial replied to the topic Research of less-than-desirable topics (wounds, wound complications, etc.) in the forum Fantasy Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
Thanks, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks again.
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Research of less-than-desirable topics (wounds, wound complications, etc.) in the forum Fantasy Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
*reads all that twice, grinning* Marvelous! Thank you!!
And hm… *reads your answer to the fourth from the top* Dadgummit! Gotta rewrite a scene… XD
*realizes I knew next to nothing about the amount of pain that one would be in under those circumstances* Heh. *goes off to rethink two to four chapters of my book*
Ok so…[Read more]
-
Urwen Starial replied to the topic Research of less-than-desirable topics (wounds, wound complications, etc.) in the forum Fantasy Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
Is it weird that I’m enjoying this topic?
Gotta question for you. . .
One of my characters gets attacked and severely hurt by a Moonwolf (basically a werewolf) and the other character can’t do anything to help him.
How are some ways the wounds could get infected within twenty-four hours?
And how could it be…[Read more]
-
Naiya Dyani replied to the topic Writing Rampage! (2/29/20) in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years, 7 months ago
@phoenix @hope-mcclellan *pumps fist* Thanks! I’ll see you then! 😉
@the-inkspiller O.o Writing 9,000 words all in one day??? Are you insane? *coughs* Well, I’d better get my game on, then. I’m currently at 14k for my second draft as a whole.
@anne_the_noob14 *snaps* Oh, well. Good luck with your tournament! 😀
@urwen-starial *screams and…[Read more]
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Research of less-than-desirable topics (wounds, wound complications, etc.) in the forum Fantasy Writers 6 years, 7 months ago
@the-inkspiller YOU ARE AMAZING AND ARE MY FAVORITE PERSON RIGHT NOW THANK YOU SO MUCH and I have deleted long posts before on accident and it’s awful I’m so sorry XD
Ok so I’m not even kidding when I say that what I just read was a heck ton more useful and extensive than what Google gave me thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!! No, that was not too…[Read more]
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Writing Rampage! (2/29/20) in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years, 7 months ago
AND YOU’RE HOLDING HIM CORRECTLY TOO. Aww!! 😀 That’s adorable XD
Ah! *nods*
You’re welcome! 🙂
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Writing Rampage! (2/29/20) in the forum General Writing Discussions 6 years, 7 months ago
@naiya-dyani Aww man! I have a tournament (table tennis) Saturday. I’ll be gone all day 🙁 But I wish you the best of luck!!
@the-inkspiller T U R T L E !!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀
(I like turtles 😀 )
(Is your signature Latin?)
-
E. Grace replied to the topic February 2020 Accountability in the forum Events & Guild Maintenance 6 years, 7 months ago
@devastate-lasting I’m sorry I forgot about checking in last week! Did everything go okay?
—
Ah, a new week already. Well, do y’all have any goals planned for this week?
For me:
— Finish organizing everything before I leave (Speaking of which, guys, I’ll be out of the country these next two weeks so I won’t be on here at all. You guys can…[Read more]
-
E. Grace replied to the topic February 2020 Accountability in the forum Events & Guild Maintenance 6 years, 7 months ago
@kelly-lundgren Awesome!
@seekjustice Ooh yay for rain! You guys sure need it right now. Hopefully your far away from the cyclones though. 😬 Glad things went well this week. 🙂
@sageinthemeadow That’s great!
My goals went pretty well. I didn’t write as much as I wanted, but I think I’ll be able to make up for it this week. I did get to read…[Read more]
-
E. Grace started the topic February 2020 Accountability in the forum Events & Guild Maintenance 6 years, 8 months ago
@filewriter I can relate. 😉
I’m glad your goals are going well! (And am excited to read what’s next in your story. 😉 )
My goals went pretty well, thanks for asking! I was a bit nervous for my concert just because some things came up to make things complicated (such as one of the violinists breaking her wrist). But it went really well! I’m…[Read more]
- Load More












