fb

Writing Rampage! (2/29/20)

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Writing Rampage! (2/29/20)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

Guys, I have a novel I have to finish and have critiqued and printed out by the end of the school year.

That’s insanity.

So. I’m taking a page out of @katthewriter ‘s book. I’m gonna do a writing marathon and invite other SE-er’s to join. Except I’m planning this one to be all day.

Yup. I’m anticipating writing essentially all day on Saturday. Starting between 9 and 10 in the morning. I’ll keep going until I can’t write anymore or until I’ve hit a goal or something. What do you think? Can I hit 5k in a day? More??? Am I losing my mind???

The only correct answer, by the way, is yes, Naiya, you are.

REGARDLESS! Is anyone with me???? Not asking you to take the whole day. That would be crazy. But if you want to pop in, do some word wars, etc. during the day, I’ll be here in all likelihood, stirring up trouble for my characters!

I’ll tag some peeps, but literally anyone is invited to join! (Kat I won’t bother you by tagging you a second time. . . that might result in double notifications lolol)

*takes a deep, thoroughly crazed breath* CHAAAAARGE!!!!

@hope-mcclellan
    @anne_the_noob14 @dylan-yarbrough @phoenix @kari-karast @tashah-claymore @bama-rose @anybody-at-all-that-wants-to-join-those-are-just-the-ones-from-word-wars-and-the-previous-marathon

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Anonymous

If nothing crazy happens to me between then and now then yeah i’m for it

Hope McClellan
    @hope-mcclellan

@naiya-dyani

Hey, all the best people are crazy, right? 😉

This sounds fun! I’ll definitely pop in at some point!

Best of luck to you!♥️

"Write the vision, and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it."
    Habakkuk 2:2

Urwen Starial
    @urwen-starial

@naiya-dyani

Big, crazy goals are my kinda thing! I’ll try if I’m not too busy Saturday. 🙂

Btw, your characters are intriguing me, what’s your story about?

“Tears sparkle like fallen stars, the world at our fingertips, We didn’t know, It wasn't happiness.

The Inkspiller
    @the-inkspiller

@naiya-dyani

I have an exam to study for, but we’ll see! As for hitting 5k in a day – yesterday I hit 9k. It was definitely unusual, but if you take the whole day and you have an outline and a plan that’s been stewing on your mind, you can surely hit 5k.

Non nobis Domine, sed nomini, Tuo da gloriam.

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@naiya-dyani Aww man! I have a tournament (table tennis) Saturday. I’ll be gone all day 🙁 But I wish you the best of luck!! You can totally get 5k in a day!!

@the-inkspiller
    T U R T L E !!!!! 😀 😀 😀 😀 😀

(I like turtles 😀 )

(Is your signature Latin?)

(Good luck on your exam!)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Livi Ryddle.

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

The Inkspiller
    @the-inkspiller

@anne_the_noob14,

Why yes, it is – it’s a box turtle I found out on a walk. Don’t worry, I left him where I found him. I love turtles and tortoises too – we have two Leopard Tortoises who have developed a passion for cactus pads.

And yes, my signature is the Latin translation of Psalm 115:1 –

Not to us, O Lord, not to us, but to Your name give glory.”

And many thanks for the well-wished luck!

Non nobis Domine, sed nomini, Tuo da gloriam.

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

@the-inkspiller

AND YOU’RE HOLDING HIM CORRECTLY TOO. Aww!! 😀 That’s adorable XD

Ah! *nods*

You’re welcome! 🙂

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@phoenix @hope-mcclellan *pumps fist* Thanks! I’ll see you then! 😉

@the-inkspiller
    O.o Writing 9,000 words all in one day??? Are you insane? *coughs* Well, I’d better get my game on, then. I’m currently at 14k for my second draft as a whole.

@anne_the_noob14
    *snaps* Oh, well. Good luck with your tournament! 😀

@urwen-starial
    *screams and hides among notes at the thought of explaining the story*

Tai: *grabs my arm and pulls me out kicking and screaming* You deserve it for what you did to us!

Me: *shuts up* *glares at him and yanks her arm away, then stands up regaining composure* Ahem. *glances at crumpled notes* In a sentence, it’s about a group of teenagers in the mountains who face danger and mystery surrounding one of their friends.

Tai: And we could do with a little less of the danger! Thank you for attending. *bows*

Me: *glares* You didn’t even do anything!

Tai: Neither did you until I made you. So there.

Me: the second draft isn’t finished. I can make things worse for you.

Tai: HOW

Me: *ponders* *is stumped* *brightens* I could take Livi’s route and have to have your arm amputated!

Tai: *goes pale but doesn’t lose the glare* I know you wouldn’t. It has no purpose in our story. Thus, it would simply be melodramatic.

Me: ***why do you have to know my weaknesses***

Tai: ***because I live in your brain, thus I know everything else that lives there***

Me: ***QUIT COPYING MY FORMATTING***

Tai: ***NO***

Me: You insufferable–ANYWAY, Urwen, if you want to know more, feel free to ask, but I don’t want to subject you to an unwarranted essay. 😉

Hearts are like matter--they can be beaten down, torn, and burned, but they cannot be destroyed.

Veraza Winterknight
    @kari-karast

Ohhhhh I neeeeed this I’ll definitely pop in at some point, thanks for inviting me, @naiya-dyani !!

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@phoenix @hope-mcclellan @urwen-starial @the-inkspiller @kari-karast

*coughs carefully into her elbow* Whelp, here I am, coming down with something, not feeling super inspired, and insane! I predict that by the end of the day I shall be full of sushi, chocolate, and cough drops. And hopefully with a smaller percentage of my story left.

*pops a cough drop in mouth* Here goes nothing!

Hope McClellan
    @hope-mcclellan

@naiya-dyani

Uh oh. 🙁 Being sick is no fun! I hope you feel better soon!

That being said, you go girl! Have a blast with your marathon today! And good for you for sticking with it! I am trying to design an escape room for this next scene in my story, but after that I should be good to go for word wars!

"Write the vision, and make it plain on tablets, that he may run who reads it."
    Habakkuk 2:2

Anonymous

@naiya-dyani I’m here !

Naiya Dyani
    @naiya-dyani

@hope-mcclellan @phoenix Haha, I’m actually getting started two hours later than I planned on. . . I should have known better than to think I’d actually stick to the plans I’d set. XD

Anonymous

@naiya-dyani I see… well let me know when you’re ready, im here all day

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • The forum ‘General Writing Discussions’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Pin It on Pinterest