@the-inkspiller
Active 3 years, 10 months ago-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic August 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 1 month ago
@thetessinator no worries! It’s great you’re back 🙂 And nice goals for the week!
I’m a tad late posting this because I was gone all day tomorrow, but here are my goals for the week:
– rework my plot
– write a post
– make final edits for my short story
What about you guys?
*
@Bekks2017 @Sarah-Inkdragon @Allison-Grace @TheInviZibleMan @lydia-…[Read more]
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller I didn’t mean it like that, honestly. I think having a thread like this can be very good. Especially when one person brings up a topic that others think about but either aren’t sure how to go about posting. My point was only that, just because a forum is all ‘happy’ doesn’t mean the people there don’t have similar struggles.…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic 2018 Week 15: Creating internal conflict (an article) in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 1 month ago
Good morning, Ereki!
Today I have an excellent article on conflict for you all. Well, actually, it’s Brandon Miller’s article, but since he wrote it when Kingdom Pen was still active, I don’t think I’m betraying our guild 😉
When you’re done, share one point or idea that really stood out to you and how you’re going to use it to…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic August 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 1 month ago
And here we are at another Monday (one of these days I’ll come up with something more original to say 😉 )
My new goals are:
– get a tangible plot for an idea I’m playing around with
– write an article
– create a Pinterest board for the plot bunny that attacked me yesterday
What about you all?
*
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
First off, I agree writing forums are predominately female, and I’m guessing a reason for that is partially because a lot of Christian young ladies do not opt for careers in the world over waiting for a husband and a family, so they turn to writing as something they can do without going out into the working world.
Nextly…
I am…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic The Hobbit in the forum Story Analysis 8 years, 1 month ago
Anyone up for discussing and analyzing this little book called The Hobbit? 😉
*
@Bekks2017 @Sarah-Inkdragon @Allison-Grace @TheInviZibleMan @lydia-writes @Devastate-Lasting @WarrenLuther04 @ajaj2000 @Sageinthemeadow @cowlick @ENU @Kara-Lynn @Sarah-Narnathron @TheTessinator @cinderella_28_ @Jose-Cuellar-Ramirez @The-Inkspiller @Karthmin @Filewriter
-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Did someone say cynical? I’d never do that. Like ever. *coughs* I mingle sarcasm and cynicism to the extent I can’t keep them separate. Being an optimistic cynic would describe me pretty well, with expecting good in life and yet not actually expecting anything to ever go right. Don’t ask me how those go together. I don’t…[Read more]
-
Northerner replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@the-inkspiller, I understand something of where you’re at — I’m rather melancholic, and being around happy people for too long has a way of making me pessimistic just to provide some balance or something. And I know what it’s like to be cynical about politics, looking for someone to take advantage of their place where they can Do Something and…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic 2018 Week 14: Showing internal conflict through external conflict in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 1 month ago
Morning, Ereki!
This week’s annual theme discussion is about how to show internal conflict through external conflict. Since internal conflict is so…internal, it often needs to to be reflected in a physical battle for readers to better grasp it. That’s exactly what today’s discussion is about: finding examples in books, movies, or your own…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic August 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 1 month ago
Good morning, Ereki! August has come ’round, so here’s our new accountability thread 😉
My goals for the week are:
– finish character arcs for my outline
– write a blog post
*
@Bekks2017 @Sarah-Inkdragon @Allison-Grace @TheInviZibleMan @lydia-writes @Devastate-Lasting @WarrenLuther04 @ajaj2000 @Sageinthemeadow @cowlick @ENU @Kara-Lynn @Sarah-N…[Read more]
-
Sarah Inkdragon replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Yes, I do have a slight fascination with fire. My current novel’s MC actually controls fire. A bit of a cliche, but I’m trying to make it original as I can. And dragons are epic.
As for political views…. I can’t say I really bother to keep up with the times, but I can say I’m against abortion, pro guns, etc… so I’m sort of a…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@the-inkspiller hmm…I understand that pretty well. Is there a way to make the writing for your book contract not so much self-serving? Not that you quit doing it, but do it with a different attitude/intention might help. Beyond that, I’m don’t quite have any other thoughts, considering that I often feel everything I’m doing isn’t what God wants…[Read more]
-
Sarah Inkdragon replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
First off, I want to say that I’m a 15-going-on-16-year-old girl that’s been home-schooled her entire life and has no practical skills other than horse riding, math, and CPR. And if that doesn’t make you think twice about my advice, well, then you’re no ordinary human. But we cynics rarely are.
I relate. Or at least, in a way.…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@the-inkspiller I think work is definitely important, but what I always have to ask myself is if I’m being busy for the sake of being busy or if my work is being fruitful. Then I have to ask what the fruits of my work are. Is what I’m working on actually necessary? Is it something God actually wants me to do? More often than not, I find that I’m…[Read more]
-
Filewriter replied to the topic New Ereki in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
Woah, woah, woah! So, I leave for just a little while, and when I come back Erekdale has gained FIVE new citizens. Hmm… Anyways, welcome. And I am so sorry I couldn’t greet you sooner. I have been gone for a while. Feel free to tell me about yourselves if you want to, even though I was late. XD
@thetessinator, @karthmin, @cinderella_28_, @jose-c…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic A Guild Survey in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey Ereki! (last notification for the day — I promise 😉 ).
The Guildmasters have been discussing how to improve the guilds, and to help with that, we’ve created a survey for you all to fill out. It should only take about a minute to complete, and we’d super appreciate your feedback. Thanks!…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic July 2018 Accountability Thread in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 2 months ago
Time to set some new goals 😉
Mine are:
– finish my short story and get it critiqued
– work on my outline
– finish a blog post and write a newsletter
*
@Bekks2017 @Sarah-Inkdragon @Allison-Grace @TheInviZibleMan @lydia-writes @Devastate-Lasting @WarrenLuther04 @ajaj2000 @Sageinthemeadow @cowlick @ENU @Kara-Lynn @Sarah-Narnathron @TheTessinato…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic 2018 Week 13: The best external conflict ever in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
Good morning, Ereki!
I’m shifting our annual theme discussions a bit by focusing on external conflict, so for today, I have a question I’d like us to answer and discuss:
What is the best external conflict you’ve ever read/watched, and what made it so fantastic?
As with most discussions, there isn’t one right answer, so feel free to share your…[Read more]
-
Daeus Lamb replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
Hey, I really appreciate your post. I do think there are a lot of people who feel like you.
I’m pretty happy and lighthearted at the moment, but I actually just came out of a long bout of depression. It was really weird. Like, I was sinking lower and lower and feeling desperate then one day I woke up and I was totally…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Cranky Old Man Syndrome in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@the-inkspiller I can start off by saying that I resonate with this a lot, considering that a lot of the time I feel too cynical and sarcastic for most people to understand 😛 It feels out of place in most of the online community, especially because I’m unsure if I’m offending people or not by showing that side of my personality, so I tend to lean…[Read more]
- Load More












