@the-inkspiller
Active 3 years, 10 months ago-
Devastate Lasting started the topic October Critique Piece- Two Faced in the forum Critiques 7 years, 12 months ago
Hi everyone, since we’re in the second week of October already I thought that I might as well post this, though I don’t know if anyone has the time.
So this is the piece that I entered into the short story competition. This is like my fifth draft, because the first draft my mom said it was too gory and dark, the second was too confusing, the…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic October 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 12 months ago
@warrenluther04 yes, that’s fine 🙂
@devastate-lasting you’re one step ahead of me again 😉
@Sarah-Inkdragon @Sageinthemeadow @The-Inkspiller @Karthmin @Filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @Allison-Grace @ENU @Sarah-Narnathron @ajaj2000 @lydia-writes @seekjustice @rose-noblescroll
What are your goals for this week?
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Prompt War: a funny story about the mona lisa… in the forum Announcements 7 years, 12 months ago
@catwing @devastate-lasting @kelly-lundgren @sageinthemeadow @princess-foo @filewriter
Great ideas going there! It’s going to be hilarious 😉
Do we know who’s going to write it? If we have a solid plot decided on, we could all contribute parts to it. The important thing is just to get it done.
Tagging everyone else who might be able to…[Read more]
-
EmGC started the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 12 months ago
Hey guys!
I was wondering if anyone’s planning on doing NaNoWriMo this year?
I’ve actually never done it myself… I kept telling myself, “I’ll do it next year, I’ll do it next year.” And now finally this year I think I’ve worked up the courage to give it a try!
Has anyone ever done it before?
If you have, I’d love to hear more about it! I’d…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic October 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 12 months ago
@Sarah-Inkdragon @Devastate-Lasting @Sageinthemeadow @ENU @The-Inkspiller @Karthmin @Filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @Allison-Grace @ENU @Sarah-Narnathron @ajaj2000 @WarrenLuther04 @lydia-writes @seekjustice @rose-noblescroll
How are your weekly goals going, or how did they go? (even if you didn’t post them in here 🙂 )
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Word War! To arms — erm, keyboards! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
I HAVE RESULTS.
.
.
.
Rillumen won with 39,175 words.
They practically hit the nanowrimo goal XD BUT we were only 3k behind them. The guildmasters realized that all the words written throughout the guilds last week nearly equaled the word count of the Count of Monte Cristo. *pumps fist* 😉
GREAT JOB to everyone who was able to write this…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic 2018 Week 22: A recap on conflict and our new topic! in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
Good evening, Ereki!
This will be our last topic on conflict. I just wanted to take a minute to summarize what we went over and highlight some important points:
– Conflict is the lifeblood of stories. If there’s no conflict, there’s no story.
– The strongest conflict is internal conflict. It’s what makes external conflict and everything else…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic New Ereki in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Good afternoon, Ereki! More exciting news today: we have two new Ereki joining us. Please welcome @seekjustice and @rose-noblescroll ! 😀
If you guys have any questions, feel free to tag me. In the meantime, jump into any thread you’d like. The main things going on right now are:
– End of the year Critique Challenge
– Worldbuilding in…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic The Building of Erekdale in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
AWAKEN, WORLDBUILDING THREAD!
*clears throat* Anyway…I have some very exciting news:
WE’RE GETTING A HOMEPAGE FOR OUR GUILD.
I don’t have an exact date yet, but it will be happening SOON. *throws confetti*
So we need some information to put on that page. We already have our document going with some things we’ve decided on, but we can add…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic Prompt War: a funny story about the mona lisa… in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Good evening, Ereki!
The winning guild for the word war will be announced soon, but in the meantime, we have another prompt war beginning.
The prompt is:
Write a comedy based on the mona lisa
Considering how hilarious our last prompt war entry was, I think this is right up our alley 😉
Rules are the same as last time. HERE is a document for…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic October 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years ago
Ah, the wonderful month of October is here! And it’s wonderfully convenient that the first day of the month is on a Monday 😉
What are your goals for this week?
@sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @karthmin @filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @enu @sarah-narnathron @ajaj200…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic Word War! To arms — erm, keyboards! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
@emgc @sarah-inkdragon @ajaj2000 great job! 😀
@devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @karthmin @filewriter @princess-foo @catwing @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @enu @sarah-narnathron @warrenluther04 @lydia-writes
What are your word counts? Mine’s 11,654.
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic September 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years ago
@sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @karthmin @filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @enu @sarah-narnathron @ajaj2000 @lydia-writes @warrenluther04
How did your goals go for this week? And just as a reminder, the word war ends tomorrow night (Sunday at 11:59) 🙂
-
WarrenLuther04 replied to the topic Prayer Requests #1 in the forum Prayer Requests 8 years ago
Hi guys,
I have a prayer request. Yesterday, one of my friends at school was at pageantry practice and, long story short, she hit her head really hard with one of the props. Today when I was talking to her, she was having fairly severe memory lapses and ended up having to go to the emergency room because the doctors were afraid she had a minor…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic 2018 Week 21: Scene Conflict in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
Good evening, Ereki!
I have two quick announcements:
1) I’m moving our annual theme discussion to Tuesdays. I feel like I tag you all a lot on Mondays anyway, and it’s become a pretty crazy day for me 😛
2) We’re wrapping up our annual theme discussion! I’m planning on having us spend this week and next week completing our discussion. If there…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic September 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years ago
@the-inkspiller I’m sorry all that is happening 🙁
The most I can offer is prayer, which I will definitely do. If it’s possible, I would suggest trying to find at least an hour of quiet time to let yourself be still and just listen to God, and see what comes from that, or talk with a trusted mentor. Really, the only solution can come from Him.…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic September 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years ago
@warrenluther04 Nice goals! you’re one step ahead of me today 😉
@Sarah-Inkdragon @Devastate-Lasting @Sageinthemeadow @ENU @The-Inkspiller @Karthmin @Filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @Allison-Grace @ENU @Sarah-Narnathron @ajaj2000 @lydia-writes
What are your goals for this week?
Also, I just want to mention that while the…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin started the topic Word War! To arms — erm, keyboards! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Good afternoon, Ereki!
We’re at war again (though I think we’re getting used to this so it’s nothing to get worked up about 😉 ). This week’s guild war lasts for only a week, and it’s a word war.
WORD WAR RULES
– the war lasts one week, starting today at 12am and ending next Sunday (30th) at 11:59pm. I posted this a bit late today, so any f…[Read more]
-
Audrey Caylin replied to the topic September 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years ago
@Sarah-Inkdragon @Devastate-Lasting @Sageinthemeadow @ENU @The-Inkspiller @Karthmin @Filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @Allison-Grace @ENU @Sarah-Narnathron @ajaj2000 @WarrenLuther04 @lydia-writes
How are your goals going? Need any encouragement…or motivational pizza? (idea borrowed from Jane Maree 😉 )
P.S. I’ll get to…[Read more]
-
lydia-writes replied to the topic The Ereki Notebook in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 8 years ago
Hi!
Here’s a snippet from a scene I wrote today –
My breath clouds the air in front of me. It’s cold outside but I made a promise.
Never miss a sunset.
I disperse the clouds, exchange them for new ones with another breath.
The sun is burning everything it touches a gold that cannot be replicated no matter how many photos I take. It is n…[Read more]
- Load More












