-
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – 2nd person story in the forum Announcements 7 years, 4 months ago
@esther-sears That’s okay! ❤
Okay guyyys, I’ve written the story. It’s really short (and kind of darker than I thought it would be, whoops) so if you’ve got a moment to look over it (LINK HERE) it’s in need of some editing eyes!…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – 2nd person story in the forum Announcements 7 years, 4 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashira
@moonlighting-novelistWe’ve got…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – 2nd person story in the forum Announcements 7 years, 4 months ago
@mairin-atha I don’t think there’s a minimum. We’d probably want at least 500 words though.
Also–I double checked, and we are allowed to reference an ‘I’ in there too (e.g. They say you are a menace. I think, rather, you are the hero no one else can be.) but not too often.
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {The Writing Life – Week 9, The Fearless Meerkat Leader} Getting a Professional Edit in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 4 months ago
@mairin-atha Haha, yep. They’re veeery expensive.
Editors definitely do short stories! Everyone has slightly different procedures when coming to a short story. For example, if the story is below 15k, I’ll switch to charging by my hourly rate, instead of by words. Some editors will treat them exactly the same. Others might not accept them at all…[Read more]
-
theinconceivable1 replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 4 months ago
@mairin-atha: XD ok, well, my terms are pretty clear in the debate… if you cair to read it you can and, while I would love to talk about it, I’ve got some other stuff I need to do ; D Thanks though!
-
theinconceivable1 replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 4 months ago
@mairin-atha: ah but your are in the “no types better, just different’ camp ; D Also, ya, I don’t really have time for a debate at them moment (though I guess I kinda asked for it) but I’ve already proved my point (mostly) on the old debate thread for this topic! Go check it out and tell me what you think then ; D
-
theinconceivable1 replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
@ashira: hey, your the one that jumped in on this conversation *holds up his hands defensively*ย still thanks for doing that!ย (I’m intrigued to here what you think ; D)
@mairin-atha: I hope your not on the ‘no body’s better, just different’ team because thats just not true XD I started a whole debate proving my point before life kicked in and I…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {The Writing Life – Week 9, The Fearless Meerkat Leader} Getting a Professional Edit in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
@mairin-atha You should totally do it when you can afford it!
Most long-time hardcore editors will be around $1,500 for a full edit on a 50,000 word novel, if I remember correctly. (Around $0.025 per word.)
Over the last year, I’ve noticed a lot of writers open up freelance editing businesses, and they’re a lot cheaper, but they’re less of a…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – 2nd person story in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
@mairin-atha I (personally) think the best way to use it is in a mostly regular story, but really simply. Kind of like this:
They say you live in the shadows because you are of the shadows. But a breath of wind in the lantern-lit streets on the moonless nights. The silhouette which flickers past, never fully there, but always watching.
I’m…[Read more]
-
Selah replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
Haha, nope, I am not offended at all. I’m grateful to know you as well, even if I often do not understand you at all. ๐ What you said makes sense.
Lol! IKR?
-
Jane Maree started the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – 2nd person story in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
BEHOLD another prompt war has begun!!
The prompt:ย write a story in 2nd person
The dates: Monday 6th โ Monday 20th
- We brainstorm on this topic. We decide on the story concept, choose characters, etc.
- Someone volunteers and writes a rough first draft in this google docย HERE. You can each add your ideas into the story and help once the…
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic WORD WAR #maybe 5 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashira
@moonlighting-novelist -
Jane Maree started the topic {The Writing Life – Week 9, The Fearless Meerkat Leader} Getting a Professional Edit in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
Behold! I’m finally writing a topic! ๐
This might not be 100% relevent all the time, but if you’re hoping to be published one day, I hope it’ll be helpful soon. Maybe not today. But one day. ๐
If youโre pursuing publishing, whether traditional or self published, a professional editor is a must.
Iโm not talking about the edi…[Read more]
-
Moonlighting Novelist replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
Lovely to meet you!! (May I say that you have beautiful hair?) ๐
@nicoleg is a wonderful person and has been a dear friend through this writing journey. ๐
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic WORD WAR #maybe 5 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1YzIOveoE_kmaMRkHnKCYVPlUQSBUdQ2YZUMwBzPozRcHDg/viewform
Above is the link where you can submit your word counts! Don’t forget to say that you’re from the Meraki guild.…[Read more]
-
Ellen Blanc replied to the topic [ROLE PLAY] The Prince Thief in the forum Character Development Corner 7 years, 5 months ago
@selah-chelyah, @dakota, @jessi-rae,ย @scarletimmortalized, @mairin-atha, @e-b-raulands (Sorry if I missed anyone. I’m just too lazy to actually double check and make sure that that is everyone XD)
Ignis leaned against a wall, surveying the unfolding scene. This was the first time she’d ever received a cross dimension invitation-actually this…[Read more]
-
ScarletImmortalized replied to the topic [ROLE PLAY] The Prince Thief in the forum Character Development Corner 7 years, 5 months ago
@selah-chelyah, @dakota, @jessi-rae, @ellen-blanc, @scarletimmortalized, @mairin-atha, @e-b-raulands @anyone-I-missed
Wow he was super under-dressed for this event. Ben clasped his hand together behind his neck, looking around. Fancy fou fou dresses and stiff penguin suits. He was dressed perfectly. Shaking his hair out of his eyes he glanced…[Read more]
-
E.B. Raulands replied to the topic [ROLE PLAY] The Prince Thief in the forum Character Development Corner 7 years, 5 months ago
@selah-chelyah, @dakota, @jessi-rae, @ellen-blanc, @scarletimmortalized, @mairin-atha, @anyone-I-missed
Amber: *looks around the room* Oh look, people!
Me: Really? Was that the best first line you could give?
Amber: I thought you wanted people to know I’m an extrovert.
Me: Yes, but…oh, nevermind. Just go and meet the people.
Amber: *waving her…[Read more] -
Jane Maree started the topic WORD WAR #maybe 5 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
Yep, it’s finally that time again. The guildmasters have been a little slack/confused/busy recently but LET’S HAVE A WORD WAR, GUYS!
The deets:
Monday 22nd – Monday 29th
Write as many words as you can, and then by the end of the set time…I think we might have a form to fill out with how many words you did, but Daeus hasn’t…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic {The Writing Life – Week 6, Brandon} How and What to Read as Writers in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
First of all: sorry for being so absent lately? I don’t have any good reason, really. I’m just a little busy and keep forgetting that guildmastering is a thing. ๐
Onto the actual topic: today’s is from Brandon Miller, master of Rillumen. And he’s talking about reading, so let’s read right on!
Okay so, weโre all writers, right? We w…
- Load More












