Myers Briggs Debate!!!

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Myers Briggs Debate!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    theinconceivable1
    @theinconceivable1

Alright, this is a side thread from the ‘Do Teen Guys Cry’ thread *a shiver goes down his spine* sorry, the C__ word does that to me XD Anyway, this is the place where the debate of the century shall ensue and we have a lot of fun! @ericawordsmith will be kicking us off!

INTJ- trying to grow into real wisdom; James 3:17

Sink
    @sarah-inkdragon

*pops in*

I heard Myers-Briggs, so I came. What’s up?

*vader vibes*

EricaWordsmith
    @ericawordsmith

Okiday, for reference, let’s put @theinconceivable1 ‘s post that inspired this long-winded response.

@ericawordsmith Aw well thats lame… get her on here (I want to meet her now XD)

“The INTJ is not convinced we need the other MBTI cognitive functions…” pehaps we need other functions but certainly some are superior to others. Now, I speak of general superiority not sespifc superiority: every funtion (even Se ; D) is suppeior at some particular things, YET certain functions are FAR more useful with in the entirety of life ; D To give an alalagy for what I’m trying to say, imagine on person was good at running and another good at swiming. Now, in particular instances, one is superior to the other YET the person whos good at running is generally superior as you run alot more in life then you swim. Thats the kind of superiority I belive some cognitive functions possess. ; D Tell me if you disagree!

Yo cool, I’m 18 too! nice hobbys! not what I would do but eh *shrugs* to each his own…

@wordsmith: “okay, first off: HOW DARE YOU! Dude… I dishonor the NTJ name? I believe you are taking the MB personality stereotypes waaaaayyy too far. And secondly, I know more than one female INTJs. I doubt they’re as uncommon as you’re supposing.” *cracks his nuckles* alright word smith, your on (I’ve been lookign forward to this! XD) In regards to your seccond claim, your wrong. Femail INTJ make up 1% or less of the population, look it up, and that DEFITANLY qualifies as “extremely rare” In regards to your first point, in what way do I take the INTJ stereo type too far? What exactly are you claiming makes me ‘dishoner the NTJ name.” ?

So, that was his original post that inspired this thread…

Tek an ohta! Tek an cala!

EricaWordsmith
      @ericawordsmith

*Stares at @theinconceivable1 for a long moment while I process*

I believe you somehow enjoy pushing buttons trying to get people to debate. Well, for the record, I enjoy this, XNTJs are not the only people who like to debate.

Well, great job repelling her! Seriously, if she has her own perfectly good reasons for not joining at this time, it is not for another INTJ to question her motives (especially after questioning her INTJ status [especially because she is the most awesome INTJ I know]). So, I am quite content to defend her honor and tell you to quit acting most unlike a gentleman before I find a wet noodle to slap you with.

Maybe you should take lessons in how to be a gentleman from @wordsmith?

Oh boy. *Puts face into hands and takes a deep breath* That is a topic that I am more than willing to talk about. And will have to restrain myself on as I could go on for hours about it.

O.K. Yes, I disagree.

I don’t think cognitive functions are superior. I think they are all suited best to where they are needed, but not superior. They are two different types of power.

If you were to follow through with this theory, you would end up with ISTJ as the most “superior” type of mind. Why? Because if they are doing everything they should be doing, they would be the most useful to society sort of people. The world would be incredibly efficient (I should know, my dad is an ISTJ and gave me lessons on how to load the dishwasher)

Think about what you just said: Running vs. swimming (swimming is way more awesome than running in my opinion). Well, that would be the case until you have somebody drowning and in need of a strong swimmer. I would not call it superiority, I would call it different purposes, or different intelligences.

Which cognitive functions do you believe are dominant, and why are they dominant? I am an ENFP, yet I do not believe that people should run around with their brains a puddle of mush. I don’t even believe that everybody’s feelings should be unquestioned. When girls run around crying and eating ice cream I want to roll my eyes and tell them to get over it. Logic is important to me, I can’t stand it when people can’t see truth.

At the same time, I am very slow to confront people, even if they are hurting me because I don’t want to hurt the relationship that is going south. I am very much a feeler. If I see somebody crying I want to do anything within my power to help them. I care deeply about people and even though I don’t let them see it very often, when they hurt me, it stings deep. So, to an extent, I understand both sides of the coin. One, we cannot have people running around acting upon their feelings all the time, but we also need feelers. We need people who are more on the compassionate side for so many reasons. For instance, one thing I’ve picked up from most people with the TJ personality side is that they really do not like seeing people cry. They are not the best empathizers. Their first inclination is to offer a solution and try to get the crying to stop. This turns me off big time and will only upset me more. If I’m crying because I’m upset about something, if you try to offer me a solution, I will only want to get away from you. This will sound rude, but when I am crying, I am not looking for a solution. I am not an idiot, and I will either come to a conclusion and solution in my own good time, or I will ask you later for advice. If I am crying all I want is a shoulder to cry on. I need for somebody to be stronger than me for a minute and just be there. This is how feelers are. We need people who are more sensitive and shoulders for people to cry on because sometimes life breaks us down. Even people with the TJ functions.

So, why would I claim that thinkers who would appear to be mentally stronger than feelers are not superior in their cognitive function? Because there is a place for feeling, and without it, this world is a boring place. Life isn’t all feeling, and it isn’t all thinking. There is a time and place for both, but neither are superior. They are a balance, and often times, it takes two people to balance these functions out. Take my parents for example. I know that if I want a solution and need help with something, I go to my dad. If I want empathy and a shoulder to cry on I go to my mom. If they were both the same way, both feelers, I’d probably pull my hair out, and if they were both thinkers I’d probably lock myself up in a shell and never come out again. They balance each other out beautifully and together they give us kids what we need. This world needs both.

If you took that concept of that which is logical and safely in a box, life is a puzzle to be solved, then why do writers write fiction? Because it is awesome and we know that sometimes a story charged with emotion, one way or another, can delve so much deeper into a person’s heart than non-fiction that will present us with all that we need to know in a cleanly packaged way. Yet we need both.

If the world was all logical and no feel, then why did God create flowers? Yes, in some ways the logical side is stronger, but it isn’t superior. The feeling function is powerful in its own way and really, isn’t it sometimes the feeling function that is even more powerful? Who cares about running when you are drowning and need somebody to rescue you?

In the end, it was Bilbo’s pity that resulted in Gollum taking the Ring from Frodo and falling into Mount Doom.

It was God’s love toward us when logically he should have destroyed us that gave us redemption.

Maybe logic is stronger when we need to program something or get a job done, but feeling is the deeper current that is what keeps us from being cloned robots. My personal idea is that if God thought we should all be the same and run like clockwork, we would all be ISTJs and the world would run like a machine. Instead we have different cognitive functions that are unique and make this life a brilliant blaze of color and activity and song.

Cool! Are you yet another graduate this year?? And what do you like to do then if all of what I mentioned is not what you would do? I agree then, to each his own, whatever you like to do if you don’t like paddle boarding (forgot to mention that one), 4-wheelers, and writing (as I did mention that).

Lastly, please stop digging this hole deeper and deeper for yourself about female INTJs. They do exist, they are rare, and maybe you just have never found any, but they are definitely out there and the one I know is absolutely amazing and crazy, crazy talented. And she’s taken an instant dislike to you.

She had some choice words when I texted her about you questioning that she was an INTJ. XD

theinconceivable1
        @theinconceivable1

@ericawordsmith: well that was… interesting XD Let me break this down (and thanks for debating with me BTW!)

1. “I believe you somehow enjoy pushing buttons trying to get people to debate.” *blinks twice* uh-not intentionally. I wasn’t trying to make you mad or anything… here I just looked back though my past posts and just would like to point out what I said: “While I may not approve of your ‘balence’ philosophy I’m content to leave it at that… You ENFP’s are cool people ; D” See, I thought you where wrong BUT I opted not to debate BECAUSE I know how you guys work ; D Please believe me I didn’t intentional ‘push buttons’. Granted, I wasn’t particularly emotional conscious; I mean, im just bad at that in general XD But know I didn’t try to make you angry or upset ; D

2.  “Well, great job repelling her! Seriously, if she has her own perfectly good reasons for not joining at this time, it is not for another INTJ to question her motives (especially after questioning her INTJ status [especially because she is the most awesome INTJ I know])” why on earth would that repel her! Sorry, but I’m 100% missing how this is offensive. Also, shes an INTJ, if anything she should be compelled to defend herself, not run away XD

3. ” I am quite content to defend her honor and tell you to quit acting most unlike a gentleman before I find a wet noodle to slap you with. Maybe you should take lessons in how to be a gentleman from @wordsmith?” Ok, I’m still totally missing what I did wrong! XD I mean, I said I disagree with you and stated my opinion but how is that not gentlemanly!  However, if ‘gentleman’ just means ‘kind’ then I’m not sure I aspire to be a gentleman… *shrugs* (also, note ‘kind’ is dirrent then loving ; D)

4. “If you were to follow through with this theory, you would end up with ISTJ as the most “superior” type of mind.” I never claimed an INTJ possessed these ‘superior functions’ ; D In fact I agree, ISTJ’s ARE generally suppirior to INTJ’s as their FAR more practical and realistic ; D Moreover, I think Te is inferior to Ti EXCEPT, for the fact that Te individuals influence the world more ; D However I recognize that Ti individuals think far mroe throughly then I do; my thinking is often rash and hasty to jump to conclusions. : D

5. “Think about what you just said: Running vs. swimming (swimming is way more awesome than running in my opinion). Well, that would be the case until you have somebody drowning and in need of a strong swimmer. I would not call it superiority, I would call it different purposes, or different intelligences.” uh, how much attention did you pay to my post? I mean I even said: “Now, I speak of general superiority not sespifc superiority: every funtion (even Se ; D) is suppeior at some particular things, YET certain functions are FAR more useful with in the entirety of life ; D “

6. “Which cognitive functions do you believe are dominant, and why are they dominant?” I’m actully not going to awnser that question cuz I’m not sure… I have some hunchs but I havent established a ‘cast system’ so to speek ; D

7. ” but we also need feelers.” eh… as far as I can tell feeling cognitive funtions are only an advantage in inter-personal realtionships… BUT, we do live in a world of people so ya, I guess I kinda agree… However, I still think that, if the world was devoid of emotion, they wouldnt be of much use. So, ya, I agree, we do need them due to the state of realtiy in which we live ; D

8. ” For instance, one thing I’ve picked up from most people with the TJ personality side is that they really do not like seeing people cry. They are not the best empathizers. ” Well you got that right! XD If your crying I’ll just uh, back away slowly XD

9. “We need people who are more sensitive and shoulders for people to cry on because sometimes life breaks us down. Even people with the TJ functions.” uh, no. The fact is, yes, TJ’s do occatioanly have emotional trama but we dont NEED anyone to help us through it. I find a quiet room and God more then sufficent. I don’t belive people, at least TJ’s need emotional support or whatever, its just helpful for certian kinda of people.

10. “There is a time and place for both, but neither are superior. ” Well it depends how you define ‘superior’ but I would disagree with you there ; D I think thinking is generally supperior to feeling; it better sets up an individual for what life has to through at them ; D

11. “If the world was all logical and no feel, then why did God create flowers?” Ok I’m sorry but this just seems silly XD

12. “but feeling is the deeper current that is what keeps us from being cloned robots.” hey, robots doesnt sound too bad if you ask me XD

13. oh no I do like writing and a few other thing you like but just not most of it (I’ trash at art XD)

Alright, I’ve run out of time so talk to you soon!

EricaWordsmith
        @ericawordsmith

@theinconceivable1

Will respond in a min, but I PROMISE I am not mad!!! I am actually very calm, you just managed to push the button that makes me argue. I actually very much enjoyed processing how I think in my response and it was downright fun, so I promise I am not mad.

(Very few people have actually seen me genuinely mad, and I think I am the only witness of my deep anger, so you’re fine!)

Will start responding as soon as I can, just wanted to clear that up.

Sink
          @sarah-inkdragon

*reads debate*

Okay, I’m interested by now, so if y’all don’t mind, I’m going to add my thoughts to it, as a person that’s pretttttty darn sure they’re an INTJ and just because…. well, yeah, I like adding my opinion. (Sorry if it’s not wanted, but psychology is something that’s always deeply interested me and the more I think about it and write about the more interesting it becomes. XD)

So we’re pretty much talking feelings vs. logic, yes? And the supposed value of either side in dominance over the other?

First off, I’m going to address the logic side, since that’s the one I mostly identify with as an INTJ and just as person who thinks in a pretty logical process(in my opinion, anyhow). Logic has been viewed as “above” emotions and feelings for centuries by most of the world, save maybe the poets and dreamers. Even today, it’s still generally considered better to be smart than it is to be an emotional person–but vice versa, emotions and their positive affects have been lifted up for many years, especially in the media. Things like bravery, courage, hope–these are things that logically sometimes do not make sense(For example, why would someone risk his own life for a country when there are plenty of others who will? Yet they still do.), yet they’re still very important both on a social and human level. People who are these things are respected and revered because they are generally good people. (Not that they all are.) As humans, we all have that want in us, that hope, to do something great for the world to remember us by.

Not that logic is wrong either. Logic(aka smarts, intelligence, sensibility) is something that is sorely lacking in our world today in many terms. Not necessarily because there are to many feelers, or too little thinkers, but because we use it wrong or ignore it. Today’s world is incredibly narcissistic and selfish, and because feelings can usually be explained to be “reasonable” easier than an obviously stupid decision can, people use them to their advantage. Take the sudden outbreak of people with mental illnesses in the past few years. Not that there aren’t people who actually have mental illnesses, but such things as depression, anxiety, etc. have been popularized and romanticized until people literally think it’s “normal” or “cool” to have one. These illnesses are something that are usually based on feelings, because like paranoia, there are some things logic cannot explain. People manipulate others with supposed illnesses to make themselves look more victimized and sympathetic and to get the attention they crave because it’s easier to do than to actually be a person worth looking up to–a brave, honest, courageous person who has feelings but does not let every whim dictate their actions.

So can logic or feelings ever take precedent over the other? Logically, no. Emotionally, no. A true mature person has a mixture of logic and feeling that let them be a compassionate, but sensible person. It’s not that people are one or the other–I know thinkers that are also very emotional and feelers that can think extremely analytically. Sure, maybe some people grow up or form their personality to be more focused on one side–but some of the greatest missionaries were the most emotional and compassionate ones. Yet did you ever see them making an illogical decision? No.

As for the rarity of the female INTJ–Personally, I’ve seen a lot of them in the writing community and I think it’s because many of them love the mental challenge of creating interesting, unique, and lovable characters. Just like I do. There’s nothing I love more than analyzing a story or culture or language, or trying to guess the plot twist before it’s revealed. (Or if I don’t, re-reading it and looking for the clues.) So I think it’s rather reasonable that there are so many of them in the writing community. Sure, not all of them are technically true, but for the majority of people it’s probably not far off.

One last thing before I go–just because someone is a thinker or a feeler doesn’t mean they can’t use logic or emotion if it’s their opposite type. I’m for sure an INTJ or INTP(Most likely an INTJ however, as the majority of tests and research I’ve done points towards that.), but I am also a person who will cry their eyes out during a sad movie or get so incredibly angry that I have to go be away from everyone for a while or I might do something I regret. Sure, I’m generally a pretty blunt and straightforward person(I can’t stand guessing games or surprises, so I try to get rid of them quickly.), but that doesn’t mean I can’t be sad or so down that I need someone to help me. Even my father, who adamantly believes that most emotions are pretty useless and selfish for the majority of people(which isn’t false….), is an emotional person. But he’s still a logical person. (He’s also an INTX, but most likely an INTJ)

So in short–I don’t think you can put one half above the other, because they’re not halves. They’re components–in my opinion, and personality type only measures how much more of one you base yourself off, not the actual absence of either. It’s not possible for a person to be completely logical or completely emotional, no matter what they say or act like, because most of the time the way someone acts like and views them self as are only surface deep, and the actual personality is buried under a want to appear “normal” or “abnormal”, depending on the person.

Hope I’m not making anyone angry… but like I said, this is something I’ve thought about a lot and I couldn’t help but say something, as an INTJ and as a person who just really likes psychology. 😉

*vader vibes*

EricaWordsmith
          @ericawordsmith

1. Oops… lack of clarification. I’m not upset in the least, I actually really enjoyed getting to type out my thoughts. Sorry, I guess I was the one who ended up being too blunt this time. XD No, I 100% enjoyed it and for the record, I am an ENFP who enjoys thinking far more critically than the stereotypes allow big time. So, I had a ton of fun, so sorry it came across mad. Like I said before, making me mad in a group setting is respectfully hard, so that was just me forgetting to clarify that I’m not mad or emotional about it.

2.  Well, imagine if I accused you of being a different MBTI type. You might be slightly aghast. 😉

Also, shes an INTJ, if anything she should be compelled to defend herself, not run away XD

O.K. So that there, it was more your demanding wording that would keep her away. And yes, she already has 100% good reasons to not join right now, so there ya go.

3. ” No, no, no… I am half teasing you half making a jab at your bluntness/disregard of the necessity of being kind. You haven’t done anything genuinely offensive, I am just responding in a sarcastic teasing way for the sake of being a little blunt back. I am really bad about teasing…

One thing to know about me is that if I sound extremely upset, sarcastic or anything, I am probably sniggering the whole time on my end.

4. Welp… I’ll have to give you that one, since we both agree on it more or less.

5. I did read that. I agree that they are better suited, not superior. That’s like saying what is more important, food or water? You need both. Without water you would probably die faster, but in the end, you would die without food. Not a perfect example seeing as I probably drink more water than I eat in a day, but you get the idea.

6. Did I say dominant? Oops, meant superior. O.K. That’s fine, but if you can’t define what you mean, how is it superior?

7. ” O.K. Here is where I found the problem in your idea. Do you really think a world without emotion would be a good place? I do not. It would be flat. Devoid. Lifeless.

8. ” That is the response of every TJ person I’ve ever talked to about that. XD

9. O.K. To clarify, feelers are more of the people who need shoulders to cry on. I agree with you that INTJ in particular hates showing their crying weak spot. Yet think about when you actually hit a moment where you are really, really in need of help. Do you genuinely think that you wouldn’t want another person’s help? Maybe that’s just the way INTJs or all TJ, I’m not sure, are. I am not certain, but I also know that feelers can help thinkers to tone their bluntness down and thinkers can help toughen feelers up. I know that has been that way for me especially over the past several months. Things that would have upset me have lost some of their potency due to learning to toughen up a little. Thinkers can also learn to be more gracious with people by learning from feelers.

10. Sorry, but I have to agree to disagree. 🙂 That would only work in a world without emotion. Thinking is the skeleton. Feeling is what makes the skeleton more than dry bones.

11. There’s my ENFP side. I don’t think it’s silly, but to explain why I would have to start an entirely different conversation that would sound like utter nonsense. XD

12. Sigh… I cannot disagree more. *Shudders* Life would be so boring if everybody was the same.

13. Ha ha!! Don’t worry, I have such a broad range of interests and hobbies that only another jack of all trades could really understand. I am interested in way too many things. XD

O.K. Thanks for responding back, and I’m sorry my response came across heated or upset. I promise it was not, I enjoyed the whole thing immensely and MBTI is something I absolutely LOVE talking about, so you are totally fine, thanks for giving me a topic to flush out an idea with. 🙂

EricaWordsmith
            @ericawordsmith

@sarah-inkdragon

I loved your response!!

If the world was just logic, it would be so, so boring. We would be robots and machinery. How could we have appreciation for anything? How could we love anything? How could we in a sense live if we did not feel? Why would we write stories? Why would we need stories? I’m not saying that animals don’t feel, but we would sort of be on the same intelligence as insects if we didn’t feel. Yes, we can talk, understand and make choices, but I personally believe that the ability to make choices is the ability to feel.

We could not love if we could not feel.

Yet we MUST think. If all we ever did was follow our feelings… Well, we’re seeing what that looks like nowadays actually. XD

I would say no matter what your MBTI is, you should have a healthy amount of both.

I find it interesting that I am a feeler, but a very deep thinker and very critical of things. I am sometimes very adamant and am not the wishy washy person that ENFPs are sometimes made out to be. I am highly in tune with people’s feelings however. I do not shy away from emotion, in me or in another person.

Yet one thing I find interesting, is that while I am the feeler, it’s sometimes the thinkers that cry more in books and movies. I almost never cry in books or movies. And if I do, usually it’s me crying without tears. I watched Unplanned a couple days ago, and that was the first movie in nearly a year to make me cry. Even so, I didn’t really start genuinely crying until I walked out of the theatre. That’s when I burst into tears. My dad will cry in children’s films that I am annoyed by and he’s an ISTJ.

When my dad and I watched Gladiator I sat there dry-eyed while my dad just cried and cried. He couldn’t even watch the music video without crying.

I so agree that phycology is so interesting!!! I am finding it so interesting to analyze how people’s minds are different and why their brains work the way they do. It is so cool!!!

Thank you for speaking what I was trying to get at in coherent language. XD

Sink
              @sarah-inkdragon

@ericawordsmith

My pleasure! I like debating things just as much as @theinconceivable1 at times, especially matters of psychology. I do slightly agree with him that some types are sometimes more useful in society, especially in the political field, etc, where critical and analytical thinking is…. rare to find, but good XD. But not that one type/side is above the other generally. I guess you could say I believe it’s more specific than general value.

On the matter of love–I actually have a thought to share. So. It’s my personal opinion that as believers, we have more… how should I put it…. capacity? Ability? to love than non-believers. Not that they can’t love, but I don’t think they can fully and truly understand what real, pure love is as a non-believer. The Bible states several times that God is love, and if He is love, how can a non-believer love anything to the fullest and purest extent possible when they do not have God? There is a bond between parent and child that I think is probably the strongest of a non-believer’s loves, but as a believer that bond only strengthens more because we realize that our lives have value because we are made in the image of God, not because we do something, which in turn makes us realize exactly how wrong things like abortion are. You cannot say that you are not killing a human being because it’s unborn when we are considered human for simply being.

Anyhow, chew on that and tell me what you think, because it’s something I’ve been thinking on for a while and I’d like more perspectives on it, you guys. (Both of your perspectives lol)

And on the note of crying for books and movies–HTTYD 3 made me cry a little, so that shows you exactly how sentimental I am even as an INTJ. (Also, Gladiator is an AMAZING movie and I love it. I first watched it when I was… maybe, 10? And have loved it ever since.) The only movie that has ever made me cry a lot was A Dog’s Purpose, even though I personally don’t really like dogs… I think it was because of the music. I totally blame the music. XD

• This reply was modified 1 year, 1 month ago by Sink.

*vader vibes*

I, David
              @i-david

Consider me subscribed to this topic.

Four
              INFP
              songwriter

theinconceivable1
              @theinconceivable1

@ericawordsmith:

@sarah-inkdragon:

Oh man guys and I thought I wrote long posts XD

Ok well, *takes a deep breath* lets do this: (I’m starting with erica ; D)

1. Ok cool, and don’t feel like you need to tone yourself down ; D Good to know your not upset and thinking clearly : D

2. “Well, imagine if I accused you of being a different MBTI type” uh, so? The fact is I belive people, especially those who dont know me, have a RIGHT to question my MBTI type. I don’t think shes justified but eh, seeing as I’ll never meet her, I guess it doesnt matter XD

3. Ok cool! Don’t worry, I wasnt offended ; D

5 “I agree that they are better suited, not superior. That’s like saying what is more important, food or water? You need both. Without water you would probably die faster, but in the end, you would die without food. ” Ok, your analogy is close but it needs to be modified a bit: we are not the nessisitys itself but rather BEARERS of nessisitys. so the correct analogy would be “That’s like saying who is more important, someone who has food or someone who has water?” and the awnser is the person who brings water is generally suppeiror. You need water far more often then you need food. I’m not saying ceritan funtions are useless or even unnessisary ( I may argue that in the future but I’m not right now ; D) but they are generaly inferior…

6. I can ‘define what I mean’ I just recognize I dont have a compleat enough knolage to make a compleatly accurate judgement call. Moreover, to do so whould lead to a whole new brach of this debate that would require defininf ‘better’ which I think we would find quite difficult to do ; D So I would rather jsut support my pressent statment: certain funtions are generally superior to others.

7. You might be right *shrugs* again, a side topic I don’t want to dive into ; D Once I get a better grasp of emotion I may argue this with you ; D

9. No, I do not NEED a feeler. Perhaps, in that hypoteical situation I might want one but i do not need on ; D

10. *raises an eye brow* I disagree, and think your analogy is flawed. As we discussed these funtiosn arent the things themsels they are BEARERS of the things. Once that is recognised your analogy falls apart. Besides, I’m not claiming (at the moment) thinkers don’t need feelers jsut that they are generaly superior as they are ‘usefull’ more often in life ; D

11. Ok cool XD thanks for keeping on track!

12. *shrugs*

Ok, now for Sarah:

1. “So can logic or feelings ever take precedent over the other? Logically, no. Emotionally, no.” You simply argured for sepific superiority. You said “emotions are bad in this circumstance and good in this circumstance and vise versa for logic” yet I’m not claiming sepifi superiority I’m claiming general supperiority. Ceritan funtions are far more useful and needed in the overall scope of life then others; thats clear.

2. “just because someone is a thinker or a feeler doesn’t mean they can’t use logic or emotion if it’s their opposite type.” I dont dissagree ; D

3. “Hope I’m not making anyone angry… but like I said, this is something I’ve thought about a lot and I couldn’t help but say something, as an INTJ and as a person who just really likes psychology. ” Thanks for jumping it! : D Glad to hear from you ; D

Ok, theres more you guys said but I didn’t comment on all of it ; D If theres something sespific you would like me to adress just tell me!

I, David
              @i-david

@theinconceivable1

6. If you can’t actually define what you mean, perhaps you should reevaluate it. You can’t really defend a point that you don’t even understand. *Shrug* Just a thought.

Four
              INFP
              songwriter

Selah CJW
              @selah-chelyah

@theinconceivable1

*deep sigh of relief*  Someone else is debating you, not just me!  *throws confetti and dances in circles*  “Oh, happy day!”

(Sorry for that show of emotion, but this is an amazing feeling.)

Assistant Guildmaster of the Awesome Meraki
              ~ Created to create ~

theinconceivable1
              @theinconceivable1

@i-david: I can define what I mean. my claim is this: Some cognitive funtions are generaly supirior to others. and my definition is this: superior funtions are those that are more useful, valuable and profitable in life. What I can’t do is tell you if Fe is superior to Fi, I haven’t developed a strict cast system for every funtion. I do suppect some funtions are generaly supperior to other funtions (for example Te, to Se) but there are so meny factors in what makes things ‘valuable’ I havent developed a strict criteria. Make sence?

@selah-chelyah: XD ya, I can see why you feel that way…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Pin It on Pinterest