-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Introduce your STORY! in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@mairin-atha Cool! My stories are all implicitly Christian because every time I try make it explicit, it just feels weird. 😛
@faith_blum I’m in! I’d love to read and review it. 😀
-
Jane Maree started the topic {2018 – Week 13} When Stress Cramps Creativity in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 1 month ago
Bear with me for a moment as I tell you a little story about my day today.
I spent a long time this morning sorting through emails, replying to guild things, organising a lesson I’m teaching at a local school tomorrow, and doing everything else on my do-list other than writing this.
Why?
Because I had no clue what I was doing for this week’s…[Read more]
-
ProfessorSJB replied to the topic Introduce your STORY! in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Hi! Just
resurrected from the deadfinished my first draft of my very first novel… In case you guys were wondering, I was off in a very intensive string boot camp. I’m alive, thank you.@ lightening-spider, your premise for Thor sounds super cool! I love all things mythological, so you have to definitely let me know when you finish it.
-
E.B. Raulands replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
*girl emerges from nowhere mumbling*
…I wonder why it’s taking so lon… *stops*
Wait. *looks around* Am I in a guild? *looks around again*
I’M IN A GUILD!!!! *runs around joyfully for a few minutes before accidently falling off the other side of nowhere*Hello everyone! I’m Bree, and I’m so excited to be part of the Meraki guild! 😀
Well, to…[Read more] -
Brooka replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
Thank yall for the warm welcome!! <3
@scarletimmortalized YAS!! I love Lord of the Rings! How bout you?
@jane-maree Oh cool! Yeah I am on the forum! My username’s brooka 😉
@mairin-atha It’s a curriculum that helps you write a novel in one school year! I just started it so @jane-maree can prob tell you more about it than me haha. Oh I tried to…[Read more]
-
ScarletImmortalized replied to the topic Introduce your STORY! in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@mairin-atha Myrantul sounds very intriguing! You introduced her, yet still wrapped her in a cloud of mystery at the same time! Starsingers sound incredible! Who make up the Unaccepted sector?
Actually in both stories there are powers. In my first, Nemesis can create and manipulate darkness. Jamie’s family have powers like: being able to h…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Introduce your STORY! in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
Ahhh my gosh that’s amazing!! I am seriously IN AWE of the amazing stories you guys are writing. 😯 THOSE ARE ALL SUCH AWESOME IDEAS.
I love the hints of Christianity in there too!
@All are your books explicitly Christian, or do they just have Christian themes?
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Introduce your STORY! in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@mairin-atha Edits can be pretty fun, definitely, though I don’t like editing quite as much as I like first drafting. First drafts just have that freedom of exploring the new and it’s so much fun.
I love the name/title ‘Starsinger’! It’s so cool and mystical. What does a Starsinger do/what is their magic/power?
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Introduce your STORY! in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 8 years, 1 month ago
@inspirewrite
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@h-jones
@selah-chelyah
@writerpiper
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@faith_blum
@professorsjb
@spottedlivvie
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@_simplybee
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@ryker-dawson
@dakota
@warrioroftherealm
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized -
Jane Maree started the topic What Makes a Good Guild Good? {IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT} in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
Before we begin:Â this is an important announcement, so please take the time to read it all.
First of all, thank you to everyone who filled in the survey. It was very helpful and I hope that we’ll be able to use your feedback to make the guilds even more awesome than ever!
Our vision for the guilds is to form a tight-knit group of creators…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {2018 – Week 12} Longer or Shorter? in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 1 month ago
@mairin-atha most fantasy has long chapters, yess. Though it does depend on the type of fantasy. Traditionally they’re long though, yep. And I’d agree about the sentence lengths. 😉
You’re welcome!
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Introductions! Pizza! Best Buddies! in the forum Announcements 8 years, 1 month ago
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@ryker-dawson
@dakota
@warrioroftherealm
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalizedWelcome to the most epic guild ever, guys! It’s a pleasure to have you. 😀
Everyone else: We’ve got some MORE guild members, but don’t worry, we’re not going to be bursting at the seams yet. There’s a couple other developments coming up once I get…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic {2018 – Week 12} Longer or Shorter? in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 1 month ago
It’s a question I see people asking quite a lot around the place. “Should my paragraphs be long or short?” Closely followed by “How long should my chapters be?”
I also see people around the place saying “Your chapters should be at least 5 thousand words long” or “don’t write short paragraphs.” Or sometimes people will go the other way and say…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic Word Sprints/Am Writing in the forum Accountability & Achievements 8 years, 1 month ago
Word sprints are life savers. And there’s no better accountability than to sprint out some words with friends.
This topic is for that. If you’re writing, come here and say so! Maybe someone else will also be online and you can do some sprinting together. Or maybe just saying “I’m writing” will be a good bit of encouragement even if no one sees…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic {2018 – Week 11} Subtext in Dialogue in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 1 month ago
When we write our novels, I think we spend a lot of time thinking about the actions scenes, the plot, the character development, and the setting descriptions, but one thing that we overlook, is how important the dialogue is.
The conversations that our characters have, are just as important as everything else. To use K.M. Weiland’s words, all…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic {2018 – Week 10} Break Week + Sharing Resources in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
Since the summer months have been a little slower around the guilds, I’m thinking we’ll have a bit of a break this week. Because breaks are good.
Instead of having a new activity, you can check out some of the previous ones that you might’ve missed!
Another fun thing to do—we could share some writing resources! When you have a question…[Read more]
-
Selah Chelyah replied to the topic Calling ALL Merakians!! in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 8 years, 2 months ago
@inspirewrite
@valtmy
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@h-jones
@selah-chelyah
@writerpiper
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@faith_blum
@professorsjb
@spottedlivvie
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@_simplybee
@mairin-atha
@a_small_mousepadGreat story, everybody! Let`s keep going, if you want to. Jump in! 🙂 Past…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic GUILD SURVEY in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
Calling all Meerkats–
The guildmasters have been considering the success of the guilds, so that we can try make these even better and more useful for you guys. So this is where you get to give your input!
Below is the link to a forum that you can fill out, with a couple of questions about the guilds, etc. It would be great if everyone…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic {2018 – Week 9} How Prose Affects Emotion in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years, 2 months ago
It feels like I only just posted the last week’s activity and now we’re already on to the next one. Goodness me.
I think next year we’re going to have to take a slight break over the summer months because everyone’s really busy. (Thoughts on that, guys?)
This week, I’m going to take a look at what the small details and wording in our…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic GUILD WAR – Smol Children and Character Voice in the forum Announcements 8 years, 2 months ago
Results are in! Avensbeck won…AGAIN. Goodness, those guys are good. 😯
- Load More












