-
Jane Maree replied to the topic The Legends and Lore of Meraki in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
@mairin-atha Yesss, I’m getting Narnia vibes now.
(It’s such an underrated series but so good!)
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic The Legends and Lore of Meraki in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
@mairin-atha yesss that’s what I was thinking! The sci fi building is all sci fi and high tech inside. The steampunk building is all steampunk-y inside. (and oh my gosh yes I love that series)
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {2018 – Week 18} PROSE RECAP + Intro to our next topic! in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
@mairin-atha Me too!!
That’s so great to hear, I’m glad you’ve been learning and strengthening your skills!
Aww my gosh, Mairin, you’re the best. *hugs back* Thank you for being so encouraging.
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic WORD WAR – write, write, write! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
THE ANNOUNCEMENT HAS COME THROUGH. We didn’t win…BUT WE PUT OUR BEST EFFORT INTO IT. *throws a lot of confetti*
Rillumen: 39,179
Meraki: 36,485 (and 1/2 xD)
Erekdale: 36,232
Avensbeck: 23,549
New Wessex: 20,961
Parimi Alca: 17,406Again, great work everyone!! Thank you for being enthusiastic…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Mona Lisa Comedy! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
The word war has only just finished (though the winners haven’t been worked out yet because we’re still collecting word counts) but THE NEXT PROMPT WAR HAS ALREADY BEGUN.
And guys
I’m excited for this.
The prompt: write a comedy based on the Mona Lisa
The dates: Monday 1st – Monday 15th
I’m not the judge this time, so I’ll be here to…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic The Legends and Lore of Meraki in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
I’m going to be honest with you: I put off doing this topic for a long time for no good reason at all, but NOW I’M FINALLY DOING IT.
Basically…we’re going to develop a fictional world for our guild.
I personally thought “wow, this won’t help us write more words.” and while that is completely true, it still isn’t totally useless. I think we…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic {2018 – Week 18} PROSE RECAP + Intro to our next topic! in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
It’s been 18 weeks since the first time I wrote up a guild lesson/discussion post all the way back in June.
And now I have officially exhausted my internal list of things to cover under the guise of prose, so we’re going to move on to a NEW topic! Before that, I’m going to quickly recap everything we’ve done to do with prose so far. I have full…[Read more]
-
Katthewriter replied to the topic have a set date for the surgery.. 🙁 in the forum Prayer Requests 8 years ago
@Mairin-atha it went okay i guess.. though the hospital experience was awful. It still hurts, and i did end up getting my wisdom teeth out . I get my stitches out tomorrow .
-
Jane Maree started the topic {2018 – Week 17} Writing from the POV of the Opposite Gender in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
Writing from the POV (point of view) of someone of the opposite gender can be challenging to do realistically, but that doesn’t mean it’s impossible. If you’re a girl, writing from a girl’s perspective will naturally come easier simply because girls know how girls think. And vice versa for dudes. However, sometimes you don’t want to write fro…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic WORD WAR – write, write, write! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Introduce your CHARACTERS! in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 8 years ago
@mairin-atha I’m pretty sure I just did five hundred and one different google searches. xD
Yess, do it! That sounds great.
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Original and Unique Prose! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
PIZZA ALL AROUND
Anyway, Daeus still hasn’t made an official announcement, and I’m impatient so HERE’S THE DOC WITH THE JUDGE COMMENTS AND ALL THE OTHER SUBMISSIONS TOO.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y0wO4a23Ft-Gh6R87FmvVV19MgCj4ldlv4kMEYRsjH4/edit?usp=sharing
Thank you guys SO MUCH for all the work you put into this. Awesome job…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Original and Unique Prose! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
EEEEEEK GUYS I TOLD YOU YOU HAD THIS! *hi-fives all around* YOU DID A STELLAR JOB AND AHHHH, YASSSSSSSS! *claps crazily*
YOU WOOOOON! *flails* Thanks for being an awesome guild for me to help out! You did awesomely, and I’m so proud of you! (Plus, you stopped me from being killed by Jane, so, woot!)
But beware…next war, there will be no…[Read more]
-
ScarletImmortalized replied to the topic Immortals: Chapter One in the forum Critiques 8 years ago
Thanks for the help! I’ve been learning a few things about First Person pov so thanks!
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Original and Unique Prose! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@faith_blum
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@ryker-dawson
@warrioroftherealmGUYS GUYS GUYYYYYSS
YOU WON THE WAR
YOU DID IT
I’M SO PROUD
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {2018 – Week 16} Your Turn! in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
@mairin-atha Yay, I’m so glad! Thank you! 😀
Ooh nice. By ‘story theory’ do you mean the making and planning and deep intention behind a novel, or something else?
I’ll definitely have to see if I can organise one then… *thumbs up*
Thank you so much, girl!! 😊
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Original and Unique Prose! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
@mairin-atha Welks, and thanks for all of your writing!!
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Original and Unique Prose! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
Hey guys! I’ve submitted the entry, and hopefully we’ll hear back soon about how stellar you were! *hi-fives everyone* Loved getting to hang out with you guys. You’re all geniuses. The lot of…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic {2018 – Week 16} Your Turn! in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 8 years ago
Okay, I’m not going to lie, I had a bit of a mental scream when I realised it was almost 6 pm (in my timezone) and I hadn’t written the week’s topic yet. I brainstormed ideas and came up with a whole lot of nothing much.
And so here I am. And this week I’m
being lazyasking you guys for some feedback!– Am I doing okay with our weekly topics?
-…[Read more] -
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Original and Unique Prose! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
ATTENTION ALL MEERKATS!
See what you can add to the doc in the next day and a bit to make this story amazing! You have some brilliant ideas, we just need to work on getting it all there. I’ll be going over it again to tweak things at the end, but I want this to be as much of your own independent work as possible.
So go for it guys! Make Jane…[Read more]
- Load More












