-
Eitan replied to the topic Another Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 3 months ago
Beautiful! I can’t add anything beyond what have been already said 🙂
-
Sam M replied to the topic Another Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 3 months ago
Great poem, Livi! I feel like it can be easy to ignore the challenges and integrity in other people’s lives and I think it’s really cool when people use a form of art (like poetry) to highlight the heroism in others.
-
Sam M joined the group Poets 6 years, 3 months ago
-
Candide replied to the topic Another Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 3 months ago
What a incredible mother you have!
I enjoyed the descriptions. I could feel being tired too.
-
Livi Ryddle started the topic Another Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 3 months ago
Here’s a poem I wrote just now 🙂
_____
How does Mama do it?
She goes about her day,
Fixing meals and wiping spills,
Very busy she does stay.
Washing dishes, folding clothes,
Never ever shirks,
Even when she’s done with wash,
And finds one more dirty shirt.
My brother and I were at the house
For two days on our own;
I did the dishes, w…[Read more]
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
@rebekah-elizabeth I agree with a lot of @taylorclogston‘s feedback. Not sure if you’re looking at traditional publishing or re-trying self-publishing right now, but if the latter, I’d definitely invest in a professional cover (as it sounds like you’re already considering) and also work on building your personal platform so you’re able to reach a…[Read more]
-
Daeus Lamb replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
@rebekah-elizabeth Taylor’s already given good advice, but I just want to say I’ve been in the same boat and it’s all for the best in the long run. The most important thing to focus on is your product. Building a platform, paying for ads, and all that are secondary and really just drain your energy until you’ve got the foundation laid. The good…[Read more]
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
@rebekah-elizabeth Thank you for taking it well =P You do seem serious about writing, for whatever it’s worth.
I just want you to know I did the exact same over impulsive publishing thing. I published mine after a bunch of years of casual writing, without learning anything about doing it properly, let alone marketing. I put out a too-short book…[Read more]
-
Rebekah.Elizabeth replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
Before I get into some of the explaining parts, I’d like to thank you for taking the time to help me out. You are literally the first person who has given me constructive criticism on my writing, adressing problems and such, and I was getting tired of people giving me the fluffy-bunny thoughts of my book. And you don’t come across…[Read more]
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
@rebekah-elizabeth No worries regarding sounding like you’re in it for money. If you create a product, it’s not wrong to want money for it. It just means you value your time and effort.
Okay, there’s a lot to unpack here XD
- Middle grade is an infamously difficult genre to publish in, especially for self pubbers. Middle grade books get read…
-
Rebekah.Elizabeth replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
I am not opposed to the idea of spending money on advertising, the problem arises that I have a job that, because for COVID, is hardly paying the car/phone bills each month, so I don’t have a lot of extra money on hand.
-
Rebekah.Elizabeth replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
Thank you!
You can follow this link to Katana Khan.
My book is 50-55k words, 162 pages long, and released on July 29, 2019.
I have the paperback version listed at $9.99, and the ebook at $2.99. (It has 1373 KB)
After double checking, I recieve 60% royalties ($3.20) on the paperback, and 70% on the ebook ($2.06)
I’m not…[Read more]
-
Taylor Clogston replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
@rebekah-elizabeth Hey, congrats on putting your work out there.
First and foremost, Amazon does advertise for you. As people buy your book it appears in the “other people also purchased” section of similar books. So long as you are serving a sub-genre faithfully, this is pretty good advertising. You are absolutely right that KDP ads are not a…[Read more]
-
Taylor Clogston joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
-
Linyang Zhang replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
@rebekah-elizabeth I believe that the way traditional publishing works is that first you find an agent, who will then contact a publisher for you. There’s probably other people in this forum who know more than me, though.
-
Rebekah.Elizabeth started the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
Hello SE!
My name is Rebekah, and a year ago (next month) I self-published my book on Amazon through KDP.
Initially I was really proud of myself, but now I wonder if I’ve made a mistake.
You see, the book is $9.99, and I receive less than $3 in royalties. I don’t care too much about that, other than the fact that they do not advertise for me.…[Read more]
-
Rebekah.Elizabeth joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
-
Gracie started the topic Chena’s Story Chpt. 3 in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 3 months ago
a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up
III
Eight years later…
Caesar Augustas declared a census that stated everyone had to return to the land of their ancestors to be counted with 12 Roman months to do so. Bethlehem was never particularly bustling with people traveling for the c…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Chean’s Story Chpt. 2 in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 3 months ago
No, you’re good!
I’m so sorry about the POV! I tried to put a break whenever it switched, and got rid of a lot of thoughts several people had… Do you think I should just leave out Rachel’s part or something?
Hebrew words,.. I changed all Eloha to G-d.
I like the idea of the nick-name. I will have to think of one. I am embarrassed, (to…[Read more]
-
AshleaAdams posted an update in the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 3 months ago
Hi, everyone! I hope y’all are having a great day!
- Load More












