-
JasonKarpf joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 2 months ago
-
Kristianne joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 2 months ago
-
Eitan replied to the topic Another translated poem (: in the forum Poets 6 years, 2 months ago
-
Gracie replied to the topic Another translated poem (: in the forum Poets 6 years, 2 months ago
It is very good. Though in the desert, and feeling alone, you choose to have faith that God is near. That there will be an end to the struggle. That God has you, and will not let the dry times be wasted.
Thank you for sharing!!!
-
Sam M replied to the topic Another translated poem (: in the forum Poets 6 years, 2 months ago
Hi, Eitan. I really liked your poem. It’s very relatable. Thanks for posting it. 🙂
-
Eitan started the topic Another translated poem (: in the forum Poets 6 years, 2 months ago
A poem I’d written today while an uneasy time I had… Do you also pray through poetry sometimes?
Anyway – The translation doesn’t contain much of the artistic beauty of the original (rhyme, meter, and – suddenly, when needed, English decided to not have enough words), but I think I should share it anyway. I hope it’ll help someone(s) there…[Read more]
-
Eitan replied to the topic Chena’s Story Chpt. 4 in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 2 months ago
I’ll read it and give a critique this week 🙂
-
Gracie started the topic Chena’s Story Chpt. 4 in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 2 months ago
@eitan
<p style=”text-align: center;”>~a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance~</p>
<p style=”text-align: center;”>IV</p>
An hour before the sun the next morning Chena got up with Itta and they started making breakfast.To break several minutes of tired silence Itta asked, “Do you actually care about R…[Read more]
-
Zee joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 2 months ago
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 2 months ago
Hey Rebekah!
Great questions. My personal opinion for some time has been that I think a number of writers feel a need to publish a lot sooner than they need to–or than it’s necessarily wise to do so. Truth be told, there’s no rush to get published and if the additional time allows you to better hone your craft and put together a smashing first…[Read more]
-
Rebekah.Elizabeth replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 2 months ago
@josiah @taylorclogston and @daeus-lamb
I’m so sorry for the late reply. I wrote a response that didn’t post, then have had an incredibly busy few weeks, and didn’t think to check to make sure it posted. ): But I do very much so appreciate that you have taken the time to help me out and give me advice.
To keep you updated, since I last posted,…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Chena’s Story Chpt. 3 in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 3 months ago
Good job! You excellently ”prepare a way” for the surprising arrival of the actual Messiah
You portray characters very well.
Thanks!
It’s way more likely that the teacher will be an older, charismatic man, who enraptures young, hot blooded people like Ruben.
I have an idea of how I can fix that. Thanks! (:
Don’t use brackets in a story…<…
-
Selah CJW replied to the topic To self-publish or not to self-publish? in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
Okay, that was super helpful. Thanks for the thoughts! I’ll check all that out…and if anyone else has thoughts, pitch in as well. 🙂
-
Daeus Lamb replied to the topic To self-publish or not to self-publish? in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
(The Mindset Course is under our Resources tab)
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Another Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 3 months ago
*nods* A good thing to think about, and a good thing to do. I’ve known two women in particular who I wouldn’t hesitate to call godly. My mother, and my granny who passed away recently. If everyone in the world patterned their lives after mama’s and granny’s, the world would be a much better place.
Tag me if you end up writing and…[Read more]
-
Candide replied to the topic Another Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 3 months ago
You know, @anne_the_noob14, yesterday I listened a sermon on Proverbs 31. The pastor said that trought that poem God himself was praising godly women. So we his children could/should imitate him on doing that. I think it’s something you did here (and, I belive, I may try too).
-
Eitan replied to the topic Chena’s Story Chpt. 3 in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 3 months ago
Good job! You excellently ”prepare a way” for the surprising arrival of the actual Messiah 🙂
You portray characters very well.
Hmm… A 16 years old boy teaching the crowds? It’s way more likely that the teacher will be an older, charismatic man, who enraptures young, hot blooded people like Ruben.
Don’t use brackets in a…[Read more]
-
Selah CJW replied to the topic To self-publish or not to self-publish? in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
Okay, also I have had several younger writers beta reading my book. Whether that’s good or not, there it is. XD I find it helpful on a small scale, personally, even if I don’t always like their ideas.
I also realize that my own opinion (that my book is awesome and I’m pretty good at editing it) may be highly biased, so be brutal if necessary. I…[Read more]
-
Selah CJW started the topic To self-publish or not to self-publish? in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 3 months ago
That is the question. Okay, that and a couple of other questions, maybe. XD
So I’ve been planning to self-publish the book that I’ve been writing like crazy within the next couple of months, but I’m starting to have second thoughts just a little bit and wondered a few things. Those of you who have published (esp if you’ve done well :P), I’d…[Read more]
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Another Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 3 months ago
- Load More












