Fantasy Writers

Wingfeather Saga 5th book RP

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)
  • Author
    Kylie Wingfeather
    @kylie-wingfeather

@kylie-wingfeather

"He was still. And he was loved."

~The Warden and the Wolf King, The Maker

Mischievous Thwapling
      @mischievous-thwapling

@mischievous-thwapling

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader ~RF

Joelle Stone
        @joelle-stone

@joelle-stone

"I found not being able to use a pen or pencil as defeating as the loss of her beak would be to a hen."

Wingiby Iggiby
          @wingiby-iggiby

@wingiby-iggiby

I know you got mountains to climb,
            But always stay humble and kind -- Tim McGraw

Wingiby Iggiby
            @wingiby-iggiby

I’m here! Sorry, I’ve been busier than normal. I’ll try to keep up, but if I don’t, y’all can just play Artham until I do. Y’all know as much about him as I, anyway 😛

Wingiby Iggiby
              @wingiby-iggiby

*And Maraly.

Mischievous Thwapling
                @mischievous-thwapling

@wingiby-iggiby

Ha ha, you’re good.  I completely get it 😛

And.. anybody else still here??

BTW @joelle-stone love that new quote. (Have I told you that already?? Ignore me if I have :P)

No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader ~RF

LydiaJoy
                  @lydiajoy

Hey, new Story Embers joiner here. I just wanted to say that I’ve enjoyed reading you guys’ stories. The ending of the fourth Wingfeather Saga book was definitely unsatisfactory. (Also the first book I cried over, and I don’t cry over books)

Joelle Stone
                    @joelle-stone

@lydiajoy,

Would you like to join our RP (role-play)? We need as many people here as we can get.

And welcome to Story Embers!! 🙂

@mischievous-thwapling

Thanks! I actually couldn’t get it to work until recently, so no, that’s a first. 😉

@kylie-wingfeather

AWESOME profile pic!!! 😛

@wingiby-iggiby

A new quote I see. *peers at it with magnifying glass* Extraordinary. 🙂

"I found not being able to use a pen or pencil as defeating as the loss of her beak would be to a hen."

Wingiby Iggiby
                      @wingiby-iggiby

@lydiajoy

Welcome, and thank you! Like Joelle said, you can join if you’d like!

@joelle-stone

Ha ha, thank you! I just have so many favorite quotes that I can’t stick to only one. I know it’s supposed to be a “signature,” and the point of a signature is that it doesn’t change, but I just don’t work that way. 😛

LydiaJoy
                        @lydiajoy

Thanks for the welcome!

I’d be happy to join, but no promises I could write consistently or often because I’m a college freshman with classes and work and stuff. Maybe I could have a really small character/part???

This looks like a really fun group. Do some of you know each other in real life?

Also, can I get a brief explanation of what you’re doing?

Joelle Stone
                          @joelle-stone

@lydiajoy,

College, huh? Cool!

Yeah, certainly! And I get the consistency thing; I’m a freshman in high school and have my own job along with school and other responsibilities.

I don’t think any of us know one another. As far as I know, we all live in different states (although Mischievous Thwapling and I are in neighboring states).

This was Kylie’s idea (although I have participated in something like this before), and here’s what she said about it:

So, those of you who have read all of The Wingfeather Saga know that the story ends on a giant cliffhanger. And since Mr. Andrew Peterson *Throws a very, very, annoyed look in his direction* is not going to tell us if Janner Igiby Wingfeather lives or not (I believe he does.), I was thinking we should collaborate on our own version of the non-existent 5th book, starting with Janner waking up at the Living Well, and ending it with, well, whatever we want to. You can use one of the original characters, or make up a new one.

We used that as a springboard, and that’s what we’ve been doing. I play Gammon/Florid Sword & Arundelle Wingfeather (she and Artham are already married). Wingiby Iggiby plays Artham  & Maraly. Kylie plays a made-up character named Sylvie. Mischievous Thwapling plays Kalmar. Audra E. S. plays Sara.

Have you ever done a RP before?

LydiaJoy
                            @lydiajoy

Yeah, college is really fun but busy. One of the coolest things is that I get to work at the library on campus.

I have never done a role play before, but I’m happy to learn. Any rules, tips, or advice?

As for other writing, I’m currently 57 chapters into the draft of a fantasy novel (I’m excited because I’ve never gotten more than like 3 chapters into drafting any other book, so 57 is awesome!). Sadly, college has pushed my novel to the back burner hopefully only temporarily. I really need to make time to work on it.

I’m from Michigan, but I attend college in Iowa. Idk if that’s anywhere near you all.

Are you all high school freshman? And homeschool or public school or Christian school?

Also, this was a great idea, @kylie-wingfeather! I was really disappointed that the Warden and the Wolf King ended the way it did.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by LydiaJoy.
                              Joelle Stone
                              @joelle-stone

@lydiajoy,

Each RP has it’s own rules (at least in my experience). For this one, we haven’t set anything. A good thing to remember is not to control other people’s characters too much (having them say “yes” or something isn’t a big deal unless it’s a major decision). Other than that, nope!

57 chapters?!?!?!? My word, that’s amazing! Mine has 23 or so. 🙂 What’s your novel about?

IDK about the others. I think I may be the oldest here (minus you). Iowa is kind of close to me (I’m in Colorado), but not super close. 🙂 And I’m homeschooled. 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 week, 6 days ago by Joelle Stone.

LydiaJoy
                                @lydiajoy

My book is a young adult fantasy novel with an epic medieval feel. It has two main characters: a princess named Arlynn and a run-away farm orphan named Jaegar. Basically the goal is to find the missing prince Darak of the country of Agri before the elections are held for a new ruler because the person likely to win this election is the wicked prince Tzadok of Saxum. If Tzadok were to win, he would eventually rule about 75% of the land of Insula Nova…making it relatively easy to conquer the other countries, including Arlynn’s homeland of Silva. In order to find Prince Darak, Jaegar and Arlynn have to find 5 key pieces to unlock a clue to his whereabouts. There’s a lot more to the storyline, but this is the simplified version. Sadly, I think I will need to cut at least the first 10 chapters and completely rewrite them in order for the story to make sense. 🙂 First, I need to finish this draft. Then, it needs revising and revising and revising. I would absolutely love to publish it someday!

I would love to hear what your book is about, @joelle-stone (Also, was I seeing that you go by Ella?). Anyone else writing a book right now?

I’m probably not the oldest by much because I’m just barely 18. 🙂 I was also homeschooled all the way from K-12th grade. Homeschooling is awesome!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 116 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Sign up below to learn how to ace story structure.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Discover What Readers Secretly Want

We asked 300+ readers what elements rivet them to a story and which turn them off.

Enter your email to get the scoop!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You've Got Cliches in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a four-step process for ripping cliches out of your novels.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Authentic Characters Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

You can download the entire Evoking Reader Empathy series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to craft characters readers can actually relate to.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Pin It on Pinterest