Fantasy Writers

Wingfeather Saga 5th book RP

Viewing 11 posts - 181 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Kylie Wingfeather
    @kylie-wingfeather

… … … … … …

Ummmm…

… … … … … …

"TOOOOTHY COW!"- Podo Helmer, North! Or Be Eaten.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Yup.

Making something beautiful in a broken world can be harrowing work. And it can’t be done alone.
    ~AP

Wingiby Iggiby
    @wingiby-iggiby

Hello! I am back, dear friends! Let us commence! 😀

ARTHAM WINGFEATHER

There is something fun about letting the kids in on the secret, I chuckle, but keeping Nia in the dark. It is certainly something Esben would have done. I glance over at Arundelle. She is staring off into the distance, toward the misty Killridge Mountains, and I follow her gaze. I wonder what she is thinking about. The terrible experience she had in the Deeps of Throg? The lonely years she spent rooted outside its entrance? Her time as the Queen of the Cloven? I wish I could rid her off all those memories, just as I would like to rid myself and all these other people of their haunts. But perhaps we need them, so that we will fully know what we have and work harder than ever to keep it.

Just at that moment, however, Arundelle gives a little cry of pain, and I turn around just in time to see her collapse to the floor. “Arundelle!”

Immediately I am at her side and hoisting her up so that she leans against one of the pavilion’s pillars. I frantically check her pulse and listen to her heart, then search for the nearest Hollish child (Sylvie??): “go get a doctor, or somebody; just go get help!”

I am clutching Arundelle’s hand tightly in my talons, so much so that I am probably cutting off her circulation. But I can’t let go until I know she will be safe from harm. I just can’t loose anybody else, not yet.

Why, when I am at my happiest, does everything take a turn for the worse?

****************************************************************************************************

And there we go! Sort of a sad note to stop on, though 🙁

"Whatever man loves dominates them. I loved wrong, for I loved myself. You don't know how sorry I am."

Kylie Wingfeather
    @kylie-wingfeather

SYLVIE BRONIN

Sylvie ran as fast as she could when the bird-man said to go get help. She didn’t know what was going on, and she didn’t care. Right now, she had to find a healer, or a guildmaster to help. ‘Where’s Guildmadam Elinia?’ Sylvie wondered as she dashed around a table. Guildmadam Elinia was the instructor of the Healery, a guild Sylvie planned to take when she was old enough, and was most likely here, as she and Olumphia were good friends. ‘Come on, come on. Where are you?’

Flashes of faces flew past. ‘Mr. Bunge, Articus Fletcher, Guildmadam Elinia… Wait! Guildmadam Elinia!’

Sylvie spun on her heel and hurried back, chasing after the short, matronly woman with brown hair.

“Guildmadam Elinia!” She called. The woman spun and smiled at the young girl.

“Why, hello Sylvie! Are you still planning to join– Goodness gracious, what’s going on?!”

Sylvie spoke between breaths. “Lady–collapsed–husband–told me–get–help.” She pointed back in the direction she had come. “That way.”

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Rain broke through the stillness. Arundelle’s whole body trembled with weakness. Her head lolled to one side.

Someone was holding her hand tightly. Artham.

Forcing her eyes open – it seemed like such a heavy thing to do – Arundelle smiled at her husband. “Artham.” Her voice sounded far away, so far away.

“Arundelle,” Artham replied. His rich voice was calm, but fear engulfed his blue eyes. She loved his eyes. “What happened? Are you okay?”

With effort, Arundelle nodded. Her long chestnut hair felt like it was dragging her to the earth. “I just…” Memory flooded back in. “Artham!” Arundelle cried, panic entering her voice. “The baby!”

Terror appeared all throughout Artham’s handsome face. His wings curled forward around them, making a temporary room of privacy.

Another stab of pain shot through Arundelle’s abdomen. She quivered, and tears fell down her face. Artham gripped her hand. “The pain,” Arundelle moaned, and blackness took her again.

—————————–

Once again, probably unrealistic, but since this is just for fun, who cares? XD @kylie-wingfeather @wingiby-iggiby @crazywriter @backwardslivewriter @arindown @mischievous-thwapling

Making something beautiful in a broken world can be harrowing work. And it can’t be done alone.
    ~AP

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

Kalmar froze. He didn’t know what to do. He didn’t know anything about this. How could he help his Aunt? Maybe I can’t… But maybe Mama can! Jumping to his feet, he pushed aside murmuring bystanders and raced for the pavilion he thought Nia had taken shelter under. Kalmar skidded to a stop under it. His eyes frantically searched the crowd, but he didn’t see his mother. Running his hands through his hair, he took off for the next, didn’t see her there either, and sprinted for the other. He squirmed through the crowd, eyes flitting to and fro. There! There she was!

“Mama!” he shouted. “Mama, Aunt Arundelle needs help!” He stopped beside, hands on his knees as he caught his breath.

Nia firmly took his hands. “It was Arundelle who screamed?” she demanded.

Breathless, Kalmar nodded.

Her forehead creasing with worry, she said, “Take me to her, Kalmar.”

He led her by hand to the pavilion Arundelle had collapsed under. Nia hastily brushed through the people to her side.

Artham glanced up as Nia knelt by them, but a wave of relief washed over his face when he recognized her. “What’s wrong with her?” he asked. “What should I do to help her?”

Nia’s lips pursed into hard lines of anxiety. “Please get some water,” she said, “and a washcloth.”

Artham whisked away and was back before Kalmar thought was humanly possible. The young king felt a head rest on his shoulder. He looked down to see Leeli leaning on him. Her hand slipped into his as she whispered, “Will she be alright?” She raised her large eyes–pools of innocence–to meet his.

Kalmar squeezed her hand. “Mama will help her,” he whispered back. “She’ll be okay.”

Nia mopped Arundelle’s face with the wet rag, dribbling some into her mouth as well.

She’ll be okay, Kalmar echoed in his head. He couldn’t figure out if he really believed it.

Um yeah, that was DEFINITELY TERRIBLE. But oh well. Also, as Kinnan’s been saying, I have no idea how Nia would help either, sooo….  @kylie-wingfeather @wingiby-iggiby @crazywriter @backwardslivewriter @arindown

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
    ~Corrie Ten Boom

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@wingiby-iggiby @crazywriter @backwardslivewriter @arindown @joelle-stone

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.
    ~Corrie Ten Boom

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Still here! I can’t really write much, though, ’cause my character is unconscious… *glares at Arundelle*

~AP

Kylie Wingfeather
    @kylie-wingfeather

*Tiptoes in and looks around the empty room*

Okayyyy…

Maker please give me or someone on this forum an idea so we can start writing again!

*Waits for a second, sighs, and tiptoes back out*

Audra E. S.
    @backwardslivewriter

*blinks* My apologies for my absence. My family has been busy, to say the least. Hmmm… I have an idea…. I’ll tell you in a minute!

"Sail by the stars, not the flotsam."-Andrew Peterson, "Adorning the Dark"

Kylie Wingfeather
    @kylie-wingfeather

@backwardslivewriter

Ooh, what is this idea?

@everyone

I know everyone on this forum has read the last book, so if you want to share thoughts on the ending you can go to: Click Here. We had a forum like this on the Wingfeather Website, so I thought it would be interesting to see some others opinions on whether Janner lives or not. (I know, I know, I am way to obsessed with the WFS books, but bear with me!)

Viewing 11 posts - 181 through 191 (of 191 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest