fb

Fantasy Writers

Wingfeather Saga 5th book RP

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

What happened? I posted here, like three days ago! Oh well, technology is…well, technical. Load of Garbage. XD

Janner saw Kalmar’s cheeks flush as he had sniffed the air. Fortunately no one else had noticed. As he left the table, Janner heard shouts coming from the Physical Training field, where the other Durgan apprentices were playing a game of ball. Janner decided to leave Kalmar alone for a while, and stood and joined the others. He jogged the hundred yards to the field, and was about to call out to his friends if he could play, when his name was called, by his sister’s voice.

“Janner! Cousins! We’re going to have cousins!”

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Sylvie screamed as she skittered away from the spider. She absolutely hated spiders, especially after Spidifer. The girl in front of her extended a hand and with a worried expression on her face said, “Oh dear… I’m sorry if I startled you. My name’s Sara.

Sylvie, after a moment’s hesitation, grabbed the girl’s hand and allowed her to pull her to her feet.
    “It’s all right. I’m Sylvie Bronin.”

The girl—no, Sara smiled at her.
    “Pleasure to meet you. You aren’t hurt? That was quite a height…”

Sylvie sighed.
    “I’m fine, it was just that… spider.” She said, shuddering.

The two girls stood there for a moment, until Sylvie felt a plop on her neck.
    “Was that…” she said looking up at the sky, just in time to see the flood drop.
    “RAIN!!!!!”

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

So, what do y’all think? Audra, did I get what Sara said right? I couldn’t go back and look because it would erase what I already had written down.🙁

"Bha e fhathast. Agus bha e air a ghràdh." -Am Maor agus an Rìgh Wolf

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

Ok…

Where is everybody?

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@kylie-wingfeather,

Still here! Just trying to figure out where I can stick Arundelle and Artham. 🙂 Your post was really good; I liked it!

@crazywriter

Yay, you’re back! Nice post; you are the perfect person to write for Janner. 🙂

"Lacho calad! Drego morn!"

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@kylie-wingfeather

Yup! Still here!! Awesome post!!

@crazywriter

Joelle’s right: You’re perfect for writing Janner! And it’s okay, lol. Technology hates me, too

If your dreams turn to dust... vacuum.
    ~Author Unknown

Audra E. S.
    @backwardslivewriter

I’m still here, just really busy with the holidays, since my fam celebrates both Christmas and the Feast of Dedication(Hannukah/Chanukah/The Festival of Lights, whatever you call it) My post(s) will be a bit late, since I have other things I’m busy with.

Could one steal past those watchful dragons? I thought I could.
    -C.S. Lewis

Audra E. S.
    @backwardslivewriter

@kylie-wingfeather you did great!

-C.S. Lewis

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

Janner almost jumped out of his pants when he heard his name being shreiked across Ban Rona. He turned and sure enough Leeli came bounding over a green hill, Kalmar in tow. She must be excited, running that fast. (I cant remember if Leeli was healed but oh well) As they ran up, Kalmar catching his breath, Leeli went on.

“Cousins! Aunt Arundelle’s having a baby!”

Janner smiled mildly, nodding.

Leeli was put out. “You don’t seem excited!” She exclaimed.

“No, i am. I just remember when you and Kal were young, not necessarily babies, but still young, and it was…sporty.” He explained, unable to keep a grin off his face.

Leeli’s jaw dropped, and she stomped off. Kal and Janner watched, and then, with a shrug, Janner asked, “Wanna play?”

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

@everybody

Merry Christmas!!!! We decorated the tree last night, so we’re all getting in the Christmas spirit. It’s Gunner’s (Our new puppy; there is a picture of him on the talk room) first Christmas, so I’m really excited! He’s actually laying next to me right now. Earlier we had the washing machine going, and he kept growling and barking at it :).

@crazywriter

That was hilarious!!! And I think Leeli was healed. I mean, it would make sense, given the fact that the Well is supposed to heal things that are wrong, like Artham’s guilt, and Leeli’s leg was definitely wrong, though I still can’t imagine her without a crutch. And technology hates me too. Luckily my dad is a tech whiz, and is usually able to fix whatever goes wrong, like putting an SSD drive in my laptop to make it faster (It was so slow!).

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

Sylvie yelled as she and Sara pelted for the pavilion. The rain soaked them and the ground was fast turning from solid earth to a muddy soup. The people on the Pummelry Training field yelped and scurried for the buildings. Usually Hollowsfolk didn’t mind the rain, but this was not just a little drizzle; it was a torrent of rain, something nobody would want to be in if they could help it. As she ran, Sylvie caught sight of her brother. Larnik was racing towards the covering with all the speed he  had gotten from durgan training. When she reached the pavilion, Sylvie’s mother handed her and Sara a cloth to dry off with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I’m going to stop there because I really don’t know how to proceed; any ideas?

~Kylie

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@kylie-wingfeather

*shrugs* None here, really. If I get one I’ll tell you guys.

If your dreams turn to dust... vacuum.
    ~Author Unknown

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Arundelle laughed as she and Artham sprinted for the cover of a pavilion set up for the ceremony. It was harder to run than she remembered; the baby must be getting heavier.

Two minutes after they reached the shelter and stood, wet and laughing, beneath the pavilion’s welcoming roof, ten or fifteen Hollish children skidded to a stop inside. They were muddy and flung water over everyone when they shook themselves like dogs.

“Janner,” Artham called, spotting their nephew over by Kal. Janner glanced up, confusion twinkling in his eyes, then headed over.

Bending over, Artham looked Janner in the eye. “I take it your siblings have told you the good news.” His strong, rich voice was low.

Janner nodded, then said, “Yes, sir.”

“Keep it a secret from your mother, alright?” Artham asked. When Janner nodded again, he straightened and winked. “Good lad.”

Arundelle smiled at Janner and turned to gaze out across the Hollows. What beautiful country. The rain was abating somewhat, and a rainbow was appearing over the distant peaks of the Killridge Mountains. Something wasn’t quite right, she could feel it. Bile rose in her throat.

The baby! her mind screamed. Something’s wrong with the baby!

With a start of pain, Arundelle felt her knees give way as she fell to the pavilion floor. Blackness hedged the edges of her vision. Danger, danger, danger, her heart thumped. A tear leaked out of one of her eyes as she let out a soft moan and curled herself together, arms wrapped around her stomach. Then her strength gave out, and she knew no more.

——————————————-

*reads over post* Um… okay… I guess we’re going to go with that little bit of possibly unrealistic drama. As I know pretty much nothing about pregnancy and pregnancy problems, I have no idea if having something go wrong with the baby would make someone pass out. Maybe it was just her head hitting the floor. After all, when I was in my mom’s womb, apparently I would headbutt her or something and make her knees buckle. 😛 So… someone can take it from there!

@crazywriter
    @kylie-wingfeather @mischievous-thwapling @wingiby-iggiby (are you still with us or still busy? 🙂 )

"Lacho calad! Drego morn!"

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

Yay!!! We’re posting again!

@joelle-stone

Hmmm… I really don’t know what really to do next… Maybe @wingiby-iggiby could write a post from Artham’s POV- except she’s not here! *tugs a random piece of hair* AHHH!!! Help!

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

@joelle-stone

@wingiby-iggiby

@arindown

@mischievous-thwapling

@crazywriter

@backwardslivewriter

Anyone here?

Audra E. S.
    @backwardslivewriter

@kylie-wingfeather I’m here! just busy with life. Don’t worry, Sara will respond to Sylvie soon.

-C.S. Lewis

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 237 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest