fb

Fantasy Writers

Fantasy Character Castle Chronicles n.1

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 238 total)
  • Author
    Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Nithel smiled at him, which was something Alessio didn’t know how to respond to any more than sudden warmth through him. He hadn’t really realized how much he craved approval or affection or anything. He glanced between Nithel and Isaac, chagrinned with the feeling that he’d interrupted something. All the same he was still excited with his new discovery and he wanted to learn more about whatever this sweet was. Even though it probably wasn’t relevant. And they still had to survive. And he’d already caused enough scenes, why couldn’t he just–Alessio consciously halted himself, taking a second to ground himself in the present. Intellectually, he decided to trust no one here was going to suddenly attack him, and that was more trust than he gave most people.
    Alessio still rather limply held the box of chocolates, wanting desperately to share them but not sure what to do. So he just stood there, awkwardly.

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Rusted Knight
    @rusted-knight

“What kind of thing is this? Does it exist in your world?” yelped Alessio.

Isaac saw the box. Taking a small piece of the contents, he ate it. It was chocolate. Such sweet flavor. He had had very little since his childhood. He could take more. It couldn’t hurt. No one would blame him.

Eyeing the box, Isaac slowly closed it. It wasn’t worth it. Small failure had habits of turning into big ones.

“Take any you can find. Chocolate has a great energy boost.”

Turning, Isaac saw Nithel standing. He didn’t know what to do.

“Look for water, bread, jerky or fruit. Anything we can eat without cooking. We don’t know if any of the castle’s forces can smell or not.”

Vulferym was standing too. He would be the one to slack off. Finding two sacks of potatoes, Isaac dumped them on the floor. Taking one bag, he threw the other to Vulferym.

“Get working, or would you rather feed the dragon.”

Leaving the man for now, Isaac began to search. A line of jerky was the first in the sack. He almost added a vine of grapes but passed. They were too easily burst. Oranges took their place.

“Don’t take too long. That dragon might be hungry.”

The Devil saw me with my head down and got excited. Then I said Amen

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Isaac ate a small piece of the odd food before slowly closing it as if he wanted to take more.
    “Take any you can find. Chocolate has a great energy boost.” he said simply. But how’s it made, how rare is it in your world, what is it? Isaac turned to Nithel while Alessio bit off his quickly multiplying questions, staring after their leader more curious than ever.
    “Look for water, bread, jerky or fruit. Anything we can eat without cooking. We don’t know if any of the castle’s forces can smell or not.” That was an interesting question. And now Alessio really wanted to know the answer. Does a metal dragon have a sense of smell? That really wasn’t relevant. Alessio stared down at the box of ‘chocolate’ before setting them on a counter to find a bag or someth–With a loud clatter lumps of oval brown…things rolled across the floor. Isaac tossed the bag that had held them to Vulferym.
    “Get working, or would you rather feed the dragon.” Alessio stifled a smirk. The man had probably never done a menial task in his life, Alessio hadn’t until he left, even though had practically begged the servants and nearly every person in the village to allow him to help. Finding a store of bread, Alessio knelt to place it Vulferym’s sack, which he hadn’t picked up. His heart ka-thunked hard enough to make his chest hurt, but he thought he’d be able to handle it, for a few minutes at least. Vulferym was far too like the wizard to not push him near the edge, but that was his perpetual state so he looked pretty calm.
    “Don’t take too long. That dragon might be hungry.”
    Without looking him in the eye, Alessio held out the sack to Vulferym. Both his father and the wizard had crystal blue eyes, and Alessio couldn’t deal with that right now with Vulferym.

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

*tries to decide what to do with Virtus*

————–

The lad was eating something. Virtus paused a moment in his exploration and watched as the lad’s eyes slowly began to twinkle with delight. What was that? Poison?

Isaac took a bit, savored thoughtfully, then slowly put the lid back on the box. “Take any you can find. Chocolate has a great energy boost.”

Chocolate? Virtus thought. What’s chocolate? (Ha, I have Smeagol’s voice in my head right now saying “Taters? What’s taters, precious?” :P)

Potatoes rolled on the floor as Isaac emptied two sacks of them and tossed one to Vulferym. “Look for water, bread, jerky or fruit. Anything we can eat without cooking. We don’t know if any of the castle’s forces can smell or not,” he said. ““Get working, or would you rather feed the dragon?”

Nice thought there.

Virtus turned to the shelves of jars and bags. Food. How much? Enough to feed an army? There had been many a night when he’d gone with next to nothing for supper serving Lord Delernious.

Okay… he thought, scanning the containers. Isaac said water, bread, jerky, and fruit. I have no clue what jerky is, but I can look for water. How are we going to carry it if I do find it?

After a bit of expert snooping, Virtus discovered that the two large barrels in the corner held water, tepid as it was. He wondered if it was poisoned or something, but the sudden intense longing for a drink made him decide it was worth it.

“Isaac, sir!” Virtus called, momentarily snapping into a more soldierly manner. He saluted without thinking, then sheepishly dropped his hand and relaxed. “I found water,” he said, casually jerking a thumb over his shoulder at the barrels. “There’s a few waterskins, but nothing else. No bread that I’ve found. But what is this? Is it useful?” He held up a small stick that he had found by the barrels. The outside of it was a colorful, sky blues and cheery greens. (Granola bar). He had bitten it, but it hadn’t done much good and tasted about as bland as anything could be.

—————–

@rusted-knight

"Lacho calad! Drego morn!"

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

He had hoped helping Vulferym might be something of a friendly gesture, but then he hadn’t really expected anything to come of it. Why did he care how the man responded? He shouldn’t, but Vulferym was something reminiscent of normalcy, reflective of how Alessio expected people to treat him.
    After no response from the man, Alessio slowly set the bag down in front of him, suddenly feeling guilty for nothing he could think of. Had he done something wrong? No…it just…Maybe some part of him still ached for his father’s approval, even after…
    “Isaac, sir!” Alessio jumped and whirled at the voice. Virtus snapped his hand to his forehead before sheepishly dropping his hand, a curious motion. “I found water,”
    Alessio swallowed the hypersensitive startle-reflexes that knocked him into flight-fight-freeze. He just hadn’t expected the noise, everything was fine, it’s fine, it’ll be fine. With a shaky breath he tried to dismiss his anxiety, instinctively glancing around for Nithel. Everything was going to be fine, it’s ok, it’s fine.
    “There’s a few waterskins, but nothing else. No breath that I’ve found. But what is this? Is it useful?” Virtus asked holding up something with a crinkly, brilliantly reflective and colorful covering. What, in the Twelve Kingdoms of Casumbra, was that? If it tasted half as good as the ‘chocolate’ he’d happily drag it through the Kajhar Desert if he had to.
    Still hovering within clear view of Nithel, Alessio risked getting closer, trying to figure out the strange item. For the first time Alessio got a good enough look at Virtus to notice he was missing a hand. Thieves lost their right hand if they were caught, there were ‘beggar guilds’ that racketeered gains pretending to be cripple and robbing people but they usually got away. The thieves that got caught were usually desperate amateurs stealing to feed a family or survive.
    “What’s this signify?” Alessio asked softly, imitating Virtus’ salute, still distracted by the odd bright stick.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Lord Castle was getting bored. Those minuscule humans were not interacting very much and hadn’t even bothered over the dragon once it was out of sight. This was a hard crowd, a very hard crowd. But enough was enough. Another door appeared in the food-filled room the door behind melting from it. A box of sweets was on either side of the door now. The ones on the left said ‘Eat me’ while the ones of the right said ‘Don’t eat me’.
    Depending on the occupants choices the door would either open to a wide fantastic landscape or a skeletal inferno. Now, which would open to which, that it’d leave to the writers 😛

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

Vulferym looked down his nose at the bag he was handed. He scoffed, and took it, then immediately dropped it back to the floor, and ignored it. He looked around. Another door had appeared, with a box on each side of it. He walked over and opened the door. There was nothing on the other side but a wall, not two inches from the doorframe. Vulferym scoffed again, and turned to inspect the boxes. One said “eat me”, the other said “don’t eat me”. He opened the “eat me” box, and saw an array of sweets inside. The “don’t eat me” box had the same.

“Looks like a puzzle.” A voice from behind him spoke up. The one called Virtus.

Vulferym frowned. This castle made no sense. Metal dragons and doors that led to nowhere, boxes of sweets that were supposed to be puzzles…

But, lucky for them all, I’ve seen this kind of thing before, thought Vulferym. It’s just like what Father used to do with Favian and me. Puzzles that we’d have to solve using logic and reasoning.

“Of course it is,” said Vulferym. “My uncle loves puzzles. The sweets in each of the boxes are going to make something different appear on the other side of the door. What appears depends on which box is eaten. Either something good, or something quite undesirable. We just have to figure out which box is which.”

Vulferym looked around. They were all watching him, and a couple were even nodding reluctantly, as if they didn’t want to admit that what he was saying made perfect sense. Good, good. He went on,

“But this is the same puzzle as one my uncle gave me as a child many years ago. He must have known I’d remember.”

He spoke slower now, as he presented his logic. “The bad sweets are obviously not in the box that says “don’t eat me”, because that would be much too obvious. But he would know we would think that way, so he would actually put them in the “don’t eat me” box. But he would also have to assume we would reason that part out, so he wouldn’t put them in that box after all. Which means they’re actually in the “eat me” box.”

He took a breath, and continued. “But, he has to assume that, if we thought it through this far, we would reason this one out as well. There’s no reason for us to stop here. He knows that. So he wouldn’t put the bad sweets in the “eat me” box, because he would know we would think this far.”

Virtus spoke again. “So, the bad ones are in the “don’t eat me” box?”

Vulferym smiled. “No. They’re in the “eat me” box.”

“But you just said-”

“I know. But think about it. We’ve reasoned out that they’re actually in the “don’t eat me” box. We’re confident of that. But wouldn’t he know that? So he doubles back on himself now, and actually does put them in the “eat me” box. So we need to eat the sweets in the “don’t eat me” box. Another way I know this to be the case is this: Suppose we didn’t reason it this far. Suppose we only got past the “it’s too obvious for the bad ones to be in the “don’t eat me” box, so obviously they’re in the “eat me” box”. We would eat the sweets in the “eat me” box, because we think we out-reasoned him. But we didn’t. The bad ones were in the “eat me” box all along.”

He looked around, and smiled. This time, it was a real smile. He realized that with a jolt of surprise. He actually was happy.

“We need to eat the sweets in the “don’t eat me” box. Make sense?” he asked.

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Livi Ryddle
    @anne_the_noob14

(I was thinking that he could be wrong, and the bad sweets are actually the ones in the “don’t eat me” box, so they get the inferno 😀 Because what fun would it be to actually let them into a nice meadow?? 😛 )

Also I hope Virtus wasn’t too OOC…

“Enough! Be quiet! I can’t hear myself think! I can’t hear my teeth chatter!"

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

Makes sense? No

“We need to eat the ‘sweets’ in neither box.” Nithel speaks firmly, close to the back of the group. His eyes are steady, and his heart pounds with embarrassment that he’d actually opened his mouth.

______

@rusted-knight
    @this-is-not-an-alien @joelle-stone @anne_the_noob14 @skylarynn @sylvain-alistair

• This reply was modified 1 month ago by Kimmi.

Jominkreesa

God told you to go; He did not say you would return.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

“Looks like a puzzle.”
    Alessio tilted his head curiously over the boxes, not wanted to get nearer, instead flicking a quick glance back at Nithel to reassure himself. He wasn’t entirely sure what the boxes were filled with, but it seemed like a good idea to avoid it.
    “Of course it is,” Vulferym said, and Alessio prepared himself for an unnecessarily long lecture. He wasn’t disappointed. “My uncle loves puzzles. The sweets in each of the boxes are going to make something different appear on the other side of the door. What appears depends on which box is eaten. Either something good, or something quite undesirable. We just have to figure out which box is which.”
    It makes sense, in its own twisted, convoluted way. If those were sweets did they taste as good as the ‘chocolate’? Alessio decided he didn’t want to find out this time. Dilemmas, Alessio backed away a little. So many dilemmas and puzzles and games in his childhood, none of them fun, most of them involving real lives. And it was his fault, guessing wrong, making the wrong decision. The wizard loved dilemmas, the kind that dangle a fragment of hope just enough to snatch it away and hurt someone else in the process whatever choice you make.
    “But this is the same puzzle as one my uncle gave me as a child many years ago. He must have known I’d remember.” Do you ever stop lying? At least this one sounded based of something marginally factual. “The bad sweets are obviously no in the box that says “don’t eat me”, because that would be much too obvious. But he would know we would think that way, so he would actually put them in the “don’t eat me” box. But he would also have to assume we would reason that part out, so he wouldn’t put them in that box after all. Which means they’re actually in the “eat me” box.”
    Is he serious? Alessio rolled an ironic look in Nithel’s direction, as if sharing an inside joke.
    “But, he has to assume that, if we thought it through this far, we would reason this one out as well. There’s no reason for us to stop here. He knows that. So he wouldn’t put the bad sweets in the “eat me” box, because he would know we would think this far.”
    Instinctively, Alessio ducked his head a little to hide a smirk, half rubbing his jaw as if he expected a resounding smack for that.
    “So, the bad ones are in the “don’t eat me” box?”

“No. They’re in the “eat me” box.” Alessio coughed, ducking his head even further.
    “But you just said–” How dare you assume you could be right in the presence of our esteemed genius here?
    “I know. But think about it. We’ve reasoned out that they’re actually in the “don’t eat me” box. We’re confident of that. But wouldn’t he know that? So he doubles back on himself now, and actually does put them in the “eat me” box. So we need to eat the sweets in the “don’t eat me” box. Another way I know this to be the case is this; Suppose we didn’t reason it this far. Suppose we only got past the “it’s too obvious for the bad ones to be in the “don’t eat me” box, so obviously they’re in the “eat me” box. We would eat the sweets in the “eat me” box, because we think we out-reasoned him. But we didn’t. The bad ones were in the “eat me” box all along.”
    I’m impressed. By your stupidity.
    “We need to eat the sweets in the “don’t eat me” box. Make sense?” Uh-huh. Absolutely.
    “We need to eat the ‘sweets’ in neither box.” Nithel said firmly, although Alessio could hear–not so much from his voice but from as much as he’d observed of Nithel–that speaking up must have mortified his friend.
    “That would be the best course of action,” Alessio added for Nithel, looked back at Vulferym. “By your postulation, sir, ‘your uncle’ could banter from our logic to his as infinitely as pi and would do much better to either choose the box blindfolded or make both of them traps.”
    He swallowed another comment and slowly folded his arms around himself, trying very hard not to say it. Nithel is going to hate me for this. He finally couldn’t help it.
    “And I managed to get that out in just two sentences, sir.”

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

Brendin mostly ignored the others as he sifted through the various food items within the room, collecting a large sack of canned vegetable and fruit preserves that seemed to be in an edible constitution.  He did listen to the conversations but he did not participate or acknowledge them. That is, until he heard Alessio.

Brendin nearly choked and ended up coughing, trying to disguise his strangled laughter as an irritation in his throat.

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Virtus surveyed the mess with his arms crossed. Vulferym’s logic made sense – that’s how Virtus’ brain worked. The lad’s also did. What option did they have?

I really hope I’m not messing something up really bad, he thought as he stalked over to the boxes, opened the lid to the “eat me” box, and popped one of the sweets into his mouth. “Done,” he mumbled, and blinked.

Gasps surrounded him.

“The Outer Realms?” Asor muttered. “Chances are the entire place is a forsaken desert now.”

“We have t-t-to stop him,” Valent agreed.

“Wait, what?” Shaking his head, Virtus slowly turned in a circle. Why was he so disoriented?

Marina arched an eyebrow in his direction. “What’s wrong with you now?”

Virtus forced a grin onto his face. “Oh, so you do care?”

“Nope,” Marina responded easily. “I’m just trying to figure out how much longer we have to put up with you before whatever you’re sick with claims you.”

“Glad to hear it,” Virtus answered, and with a deep breath turned to Rebere. “What’s the plan?”

—————-

So Virtus is gone!! I’m hoping to bring Malvat in tomorrow, assuming I have the time. 😀

"Lacho calad! Drego morn!"

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Brendin had a coughing fit suspiciously similar to the one’s his brother used to have every time he opened his mouth in a formal setting, usually accompanied with a kick under the table or something similar. Alessio mentally cringed and looked up at Nithel. I’m sorry, I should not have said anything, I’m sorry.
    A thick-thunk of footsteps makes Alessio dart a glance at Virtus who–WHY WOULD YOU EAT THAT????????
    “Done.” Ok. So…we just reached a new spectrum of stupid. Is Virtus going to be ok?? So he just. Did that. With no regard for his own life! (It suddenly occurred to Alessio that this was very ironic coming from him.) Virtus blinked,–
    “Are you ok–?” –and disappeared.

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

“That would be the best course of action,”

Alessio’s words of confirmation stun Nithel, and he’s shocked his own words were considered.

“By your postulation, sir,” Alessio continued, “‘your uncle’ could banter from our logic to his as infinitely as pi and would do much better to either choose the box blindfolded or make both of them traps.”

Alessio crossed his arms and made a provocative stance. Nithel lifted his chin, eyes on the back of his friend’s head. What are you going to do?

Nithel’s eyes widened a small bit, lips not changing expression. Did you rea- Yes, you did. Nithel shuts his eyes, and looks down a moment, missing the look Alessio sent him.

Then someone coughs, and Nithel looks back up, eyes catching on Virtus. His hand is in one of the boxes, and then popping a ‘sweet’ into his mouth.

“Egad.” Nithel grunts in a tone that could have been mistaken for a curse, his lips staying parted. Then he turns in a quick circle, face toward the ceiling, shutting his eyes again. He grunts more mentally, Noy noy noy noy noy

When he looked again, Virtus was gone. What? Nithel’s shoulders rolled back, and he stared at where the man had been a moment before. His eyes dart toward Isaac, their leader, and then to Alessio. What? Noy. How?

@rusted-knight
    @this-is-not-an-alien @joelle-stone @anne_the_noob14 @skylarynn @sylvain-alistair

Jominkreesa

God told you to go; He did not say you would return.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

“Egad.” Nithel exclaimed sharply enough Alessio nearly jumped. He shot his friend a startled look in time to see him whirl around a second. Without thinking Alessio touched his arm to stop him from turning in another circle and stared up at Nithel bewildered concern bordering panic. Almost as quickly he released his friend’s arm and almost started to apologize before glancing back up at Nithel. Are you ok? That seemed like a pretty dumb question considering the circumstances.
    Untouched, the door slowly folds open, or perhaps fades into a reddish hazily dim precipice. Alessio couldn’t see an end, it looked like a bottomless abyss. He shuddered. A wall turned out or disappeared opening into the void and searing air filled the room as the walls quietly decimated into nothingness slipping away like subconscious thoughts. It’s painfully, eerily silent.
    “So…this was a great idea.” Alessio mumbled, as the floor was the only thing left between them and a dizzying, nauseating empty expansion. Not entirely empty, but empty enough to feel…to feel impossible to escape, utterly hopeless like–Alessio looked up at Nithel. As far as Alessio was concerned he was used to this, but his friend was pure and innocent and kind, he’d done nothing to deserve any pain.
    A sudden fury crept in his eyes. It was all fun and games when he was hurt but if anyone harmed Nithel, if this castle or something or someone behind this castle–I will die before anyone here gets hurt. He didn’t want to care, but he did. A crisp sliver of fire curled through his hand. Nothing will harm you, it will have to kill me first.
    He tenses a little with a couple sparks snapping through his hair. Uh-oh. Wait stop! A wispy flame coils up his arm, ignoring his mental pleas, Alessio flung his hand over it as if trying to wipe it off but it takes several seconds for the flickering tongues to puff out. Even with that several ribbon-y threads of fire fluttered out under his feet before vanishing. Ok so…no one could’ve not seen that. Alessio blanched, and glanced at everyone desperately hoping they were too distracted by the new scenery to notice. As if.
    A skeletal rattling noise skates from somewhere along the abyss and somewhere through the blood-colored gauze a silvery sheen of a flying pad hovered right underneath them like giant steps, barely within the distance of a leap. Each getting lower and lower and lower, a deeper scarlet with every step.
    “That looks…welcoming. Very homey.” Alessio said, backing farther away from the edge a closer to Nithel, giving him what he hoped was a reassuring look but it probably screamed more I’m-scared-to-death-and-I-don’t-want-to-leave-you. “So…what’s the plan, sir?”

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 238 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest