fb

Fantasy Writers

Fantasy Character Castle Chronicles n.1

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 287 total)
  • Author
    Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

Alessio touched Nithel’s arm and stared up at Nithel, face concerned, confused.

Nithel pressed his lips together, meeting his friend’s gaze. Nithel’s eyes are pained more than anything else, and disapointed. He just… Nithel looks down, biting his lips, and chest aching for the man. Was he dead? Had he… Nithel cleared his throat and glanced up again.

Are you okay? The question in his friend’s eyes almost made him smile, almost.

No. I’m not. Nithel’s met Alessio’s eyes, showing what was in him, open with his friend.

Nithel’s eyes then jerk toward the door. It opened on its own, disappearing into a red haze. Egad, what have we done?

Nithel takes a step back, face tightening with concern. Chills go up and down his arms as the walls evaporate into nothingness, and leave a void. Nothing but orange-red mist, a hot vapor that made it hard to breathe.

The corners of Nithel’s eyes wrinkle, and he feels a physical pain in his chest. He looks over to Alessio, confusion, and fear.

“So…this was a great idea.” Alessio stared at the void around them for a time, then looked up to meet Nithel’s eyes.

A fear and strength, then anger as he looked away.

“Alessio…” Nithel more mouthed than said it. Everything was not alright. Anger might be warranted. But

Fire appeared again, lacing along Alessio’s fingers. Nithel’s chest tightened, his face and eyes even more serious.

It was in the youth’s hair, going up his arm.

Nithel felt some fear, and he straightened, eyes stuck. Then the concern was on for Alessio. His friend was tense, panicking almost. He doesn’t want it. Nithel’s didn’t know what to do. Alessio tried to wipe the flames off his skin. It didn’t work.

Then, as suddenly as it had appeared, all the fire vanished. Alessio froze.

Nithel stands stunned a moment as well, not moving. Then he takes a step nearer, almost with his chest against Allesio’s side. Nithel glanced at those around them, and if people are staring, he meets their eyes with a serious stare, but saying nothing but loyalty with the look.

Nithel then jumped, eyes bounding toward the edge of the floor. Plates of floor, the color of fresh blood, descended into the orange mist. The farther down they went, the darker the red… the dryer the blood. It would take legs like a gazelle to reach each of them safely.

“That looks…welcoming. Very homey.” Alessio spoke.

A jest. The youth was jesting again. Nithel’s chest trembled, and tightened. He stared at the path, his face becoming serious as death. Alessio almost bumped into him, taking a step back, away from the new apparition.

Dark eyes flashed back to Nithel, afraid. His stomach swirled. Nithel wanted to offer encouragement, but all would feel like a lie.

“So…what’s the plan, sir?”

Nithel didn’t know if Alessio was speaking to him or Isaac. But he was not the leader, and none had ever called him sir, so it was Isaac. Nithel’s pale brown eyes looked toward the man, front teeth pressing against each other, waiting.

@rusted-knight
    @this-is-not-an-alien @joelle-stone @anne_the_noob14 @skylarynn @sylvain-alistair

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Nithel didn’t back away? If anything he was closer, close enough Alessio could almost feel the inch between them. No one–not a single person–had stayed. And his abilities seemed to ward off anyone who might be tempted to. The only person who had…Alessio’s eyes misted over but he didn’t look away from Nithel.
    ‘There’s nothing wrong with you,’ The wizard had said ‘just because you’re different. It’s not a curse, it’s a gift.
    ‘People are afraid of things they don’t understand. And fear leads to hate, and jealousy.’ Alessio was ten. He promised to protect him, he promised. He said he’d teach him how to use his powers without hurting anyone. There was no where else Alessio could go, his brother had been sent to join the battle, and his parents, they were fighting more than ever. He promised, he said that he lov…
    Alessio never had a friend before.
    A silent flicker of fire murmured between his fingers as if reaching. Trying to grasp this thing called friendship that Nithel seemed determined to convince him was real. He blinked, locking a tear back before it escaped. The tiny flame wished back a little before nearly dashing into Nithel and evaporating. His gaze dropped to his…friend’s hand. Something about hands seem to hold so much more than words, seem to hold reassurance of, if not safety, reassurance against solitude.
    He could see Nithel’s jaw working his front teeth slightly and he almost smiled, something of an apology in his eyes for letting Nithel see his emotions. Not sure what to do or how to respond, he wanted so much to trust him, but how do you even start?

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Something had to be done, they couldn’t stay here and wait to die. But that ledge…Alessio sighed.
    “Well,” He mumbled, wiping his eyes in as casual a motion as he could manage. “we can stay here and die or we can try to reach that and die. I say we die, I’ve never done that before.”
    Probably wasn’t the most helpful thing to say. He peered over the distance from their position to the first pad. It wasn’t bad…ok it looked awful, but you know not as bad as climbing out a window in a windy endless precipice. With a quick, something like encouraging, glance at Nithel he slipped to Isaac.
    “Permission to scout ahead, sir?” Alessio said, then stammered ahead. “I can make the jump, sir, there might be something ahead that can help everyone else get there. It might give us an idea of what’s ahead, sir.”
    He didn’t mention that while he was more than confident he could reach the next pad, getting back might be impossible. It’s one thing to jump from a higher ledge to a lower but reverse that and…it probably wouldn’t make a difference, they couldn’t stay here.

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Rusted Knight
    @rusted-knight

Isaac looked at the sweets. He disliked such conundrums. As a spy, failing meant death, of himself or others. He choose based on rumor and fact. He studied and observed. Rarely were the options too close to properly judge. Vulferym and Alessio debating the puzzle didn’t help.

“Done.” said Virtus.

He had eaten one of the sweets.

From behind, Isaac heard the tweeting of a whistle. A soldier had seen him. Drawing fast, Isaac shot him. Something had happened. He couldn’t recall it. His head hurt. History was changed again. He had to move to make sure it was a good history. Turning, Isaac dove into a dark alley, vanishing into the bricked ravine.

The Devil saw me with my head down and got excited. Then I said Amen

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

As Virtus and Isaac vanished only Nithel, Alessio, Vulferym and Brendin.  And now an abyssal void was swallowing up part of the room.  Brendin began looking amongst the shelves of the wall opposite the void and after a few minutes he found a shelf that gave way, revealing a narrow torch-lit passage.  Brendin called to the others; “There’s a way out.”

@this-is-not-an-alien
    @kimlikesart

@anne_the_noob14

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Skylarynn.

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Malvat was brooding.

His tail swished across the cold marble floor as his silver eyes roamed the vast chamber, seeing nothing. His thoughts overpowered his mind. As was his habit, he rubbed his hands around his horns as he pondered the situation.

Delernious was gone. The man’s health had finally snapped, leaving him dead on the street as his enemies triumphed about him. He had left behind an ailing wife and beautiful daughter who was too scared to do anything to aid Malvat.

Once upon a time Malvat had thought that he and Delernious could have possibly been friends, despite the fact that Delernious was a mankind and Malvat most certainly was not. No, Malvat was one of the High Races of the Amandril-folk, part mythical creature and therefore entitled to all manner of honors. Yet those honors had failed him.

He knew his mistake now. He realized that he was bringing his own doom upon him. So, he thought, if he could only accomplish the one task that he desired most in the world, perhaps the emptying of sand in his hourglass would be meaningful.

One task. One longing. One purpose for life.

Revenge.

Malvat smiled, the word tasting sweet on his tongue. Mankind would fall beneath his stroke for what they had done to him, to the Amandril-folk, to the world. They would become history, as Malvat would. But they would be infamous. Malvat would be a hero.

Closing his eyes, Malvat let himself relax, shifting into his dragon form. He barely felt his skin stretch and harden into ebony scales as he took up more than half of the cavernous hall. Despite the fact that he would lose his life in this endeavor, despite the fact that there were those who defied him, despite the fact that he was on a deadline, he would prevail. Mankind would fall.

Why is there air beneath my wings? And why is it scalding?

Malvat’s silver eyes popped open and he looked beneath him in amazement. A fiery inferno blazed beneath him as he flew towards a lone platform upon which a few shapes huddled. What–

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Joelle Stone.

"Lacho calad! Drego morn!"

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

While Alessio asked permission to jump onto the first step, Isaac vanished before their eyes.

Nithel’s lips parted in silent shock, his caramel eyes wide as he glanced to Alessio. Then his shoulders straightened, and his gaze hardened on a form behind the youth. Dark in the haze of orange and red.

Zounds. He stared harder, brows lowering. Either the mist was solid or the thing was… flying. Like a bird. Like a giant lizard with… Nithel swallowed hard. Inside him something said to run. To hide. To tell everyone to get down. Something feared that the shape would grab them. That it wished their demise.

But it was too late. The being was almost upon them. And where could they have gone?

Nithel had a piece of stone in his sling within seconds, though inside, he doubted it would do any good. Alessio. Defend Alessio. But how? You are nothing but a man now.

Brendin had said something, but Nithel didn’t hear.

@this-is-not-an-alien
    @joelle-stone @anne_the_noob14 @skylarynn

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by Kimmi.

Jominkreesa

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Isaac just. Faded.
    That…oh that means they have no leader now. What a terrific time to–?
    “There’s a way out.” Brendin said.
    “Oh that’s a relie–” The moment Alessio turned there was a dragon right in front of him, massive ebony and ivory snout close enough he could feel its hot breath. Without thinking he pivoted to the ground, skidding behind the beast as a red-feathered arrow notches to his bow almost on its own.
    What?” He gasped “What did I do that the world hates me this much?!”
    This was the first time Alessio raised his voice above a whisper since…a while. He leveled the arrow at its ghost-white slitted eye, guessing that’d be his best bet when it attacked. But it hadn’t attacked yet, it fanned its silver-streaked shadow wings in almost a warily bewildered manner. Alessio darted to his feet eyes never leaving his aim, his breath uneven and sharp.
    “May I suggest,” Alessio whispered “we all slowly and calmly leave…very calmly”

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

The dragon landed. Nithel’s lips parted in complete shock and fear, eyes stunned. He took a step backward. And thank goodness he wasn’t closer to the edge. Iek. What an end…

Alessio was already on the ground. Nithel crouched as well, going to the side, farther away from the beast, and scooting closer to the edge, but not too close.

“What?” Allessio had a feathered stick out, and propped on a strange strip of wood. The stick aimed at the winged lizard. “What did I do that the world hates me this much?!”

At Alessio’s shout Nithel presses his lips together, fear shutting off though it was still so real. A million thoughts ran through his mind, and his eyes darted from the thing to Alessio, to Brendin.

“May I suggest,” Alessio whispered “we all slowly and calmly leave…very calmly”

Nithel bit the inside of his lip, and nodded mentally. Alright… Just tell me where. I’ll follow. He swallowed, watching the big black thing with careful eyes…

The winged lizard ran its silver eyes over them. As if it was deciding if they would be worth the trouble or not.

What are you?

@this-is-not-an-alien
    @joelle-stone @skylarynn

Jominkreesa

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

One of the mankind whirled around Malvat as he landed. The dragon kept his wings spread to make himself look as big as possible. The mankind couldn’t be much older than a boy, certainly not as old as Malvat himself. He held a red-fletched arrow to the string of his bow. The tip was pointed at Malvat’s eye.

Ha, Malvat thought. I could burn him to a crisp, or send him flying over the edge, or simply crush him. Or use Death.

At the mention of his power, cold seeped between his scales and he shivered. Malvat was courageous, even among his kind who were considered courageous as a whole. But death still held its sting for him.

Yet he also had Life. The warmth of her being warred with the cold of Death almost constantly inside his body, tearing him to pieces. He was terrified to lose her, terrified to keep her, terrified of her. But she was his power, and at the moment, power was what he needed.

What?” the mankind boy said loudly. “What did I do that the world hates me this much?!”

The world hates many things, Malvat thought. Myself included.

“May I suggest,” he continued in a whisper. “We all slowly and calmly leave…very calmly”

Alright… just tell me where. I’ll follow. The mental voice was steady and calm, and Malvat swiveled to meet the mankind’s strange eyes. Pools of emotion they were, telling his thoughts as much as his mind did. He was loyal, and kind, and a friend to the boy mankind who was attempting to shoot an arrow into Malvat’s eye. Twitching his lips into the smallest of dragon smiles, Malvat made a mental note to keep an eye on him. What are you?

“A dragon,” Malvat rumbled, answering the man’s thoughts. This was most unnerving for most of his enemies. Quickly Malvat decided to keep his actual species a secret for now. Best keep the weapons you have hidden for as long as possible. “And you…” he did his best not to curl his lip. “You are all mankind.”

The man’s eyes radiated surprise.

“Yes,” Malvat continued, meeting his gaze. He didn’t look at the boy… Alessio, if he judged the other man’s thoughts correctly. “I can read your thoughts. Do not shoot at me, Alessio. It would not bode well.”

———————————-

@kimlikesart
    @this-is-not-an-alien @skylarynn

Whoops, I should have put in Malvat’s powers in his bio. Sorry! He has several (for various reasons, sry if this makes him super powerful), but I put a limit on twelve. So far I know for sure that he has four: Mind-reading, Armor, Death, and Life. I’m considering a few others, but my purpose for this castle is mainly to figure out what they are. And I should have told you, but I didn’t want the characters to react differently because of it, but Malvat is the main villain in my story. Heh heh. Yeah. He’s evil. Okay…

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

“I can read your thoughts. Do not shoot at me, Alessio. It would not bode well.”

Brendin stepped away from the exit a moment.  The reptile was four-legged, clearly defining it as a true dragon and not a wyvern, which was a relief.  Brendin had no desire to ever encounter another wyvern in his lifetime, even if his previous illness meant he was immune to the disease they carried.  And this dragon could both speak and read minds.  Perhaps all dragons could do that.  Brendin didn’t know; as far as he was aware dragons were extinct.  The closest he’d ever experienced was seeing Darkwing, the tarragon that lived in the caverns below Ironstorm.  And that was only once, at night and during a storm.

Brendin laid a hand on Alessio’s shoulder.  “Lower your bow,” he whispered to the boy.  “If he wanted we’d already be dead.”

The camp was small, barely much of a camp in fact.  A simple fire and a blanket laid on the sands for her to sleep on.  Beside the blanket on her outspread cloak lay the talwar, sheathed, its white gem at the hilt twinkling in the fading sunlight.  She wished she’d thrown it away, or had Ramseur melt it perhaps.

Jericho glanced at the sky.  She wasn’t far from his den in the northern caves.  She could ask him to destroy the blade.  But the woman decided against it and instead transferred it to the blanket as she put her cloak back on and kicked sand into the fire to smother it.  The smoke would attract mandkors at night.  Then Jericho wrapped herself in her cloak and laid on the blanket, one hand on the hilt of her talwar, as she let her consciousness drift into the space surrounding her.

When she opened her eyes again she was no longer lying on a blanket in the middle of the Natradan Desert, but instead in a small chamber with many narrow torchlit corridors leading elsewhere and away.  Shakti was different here; she could feel it flow faster, more chaotically, whirling and eddying around her.

Carefully sliding her talwar into her belt, Jericho picked the corridor that she could faintly sense other presences from, and began to wander down.

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

What are you?

“A dragon,” the creature spoke.

Nithel’s brows lowered, and his face lost the fear and became serious. It speaks. The word ‘dragon’ had as much meaning to Nithel as the word ‘mirror’ had. But…

He bit his lip, Dragon. That is what we were running from. Could it-… Nithel cleared his throat, mind steady even as his chest trembled.

“And you…” he did his best not to curl his lip. “You are all mankind.”

Nithel’s nose twitched a small bit, out of fear. That… that I am now.

And it is a blessing, he reminded himself.

But onward. His eyes cast toward his friend. Alessio, we need to get out. Now. But the youth wasn’t looking at him. Noy. And unlike the dragon, the youth couldn’t hear-

“Yes,” The winged lizard spoke, and Nithel’s eyes went back to it. He met the thing’s gaze as he would any other, his heart beat quickened, but he didn’t shrink from the gaze. He was open. “I can read your thoughts.” I have nothing to hide from you. I am afraid. Nithel’s eyes said the same.

The dragon looked back to Alessio. “Do not shoot at me, Alessio. It would not bode well.”

Nithel’s chest thundered with fire then, and he bit his lip. His back straightened a bit, and he made himself breathe.

He stared at Alessio and the dragon, eyes going back and forth. Love and protectiveness burned inside him. He would die for the youth if and when the time came.

Nithel’s eyes ended up back on the dragon, not his eyes though, looking at the thing. Sad and steadfast.

Brendin stepped away from the corner and came close to Alessio, touching his shoulder.  “Lower your bow,” At Brendin’s whisper Nithel looked back toward Alessio,  “If he wanted we’d already be dead.”

Nithel’s nose twitched a few times, just a bit. <i>That is as much of a lie as saying the mother bear won’t eat you while you sit in her den. Anything could happen.</i> He bites the inside of his lip and looks to the ground, thinking. Then he pulls in a slow breath, and his eyes scan back up to the dragon’s face. “What do you call yourself?”

___

@this-is-not-an-alien
    @joelle-stone @skylarynn

Jominkreesa

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Malvat looked back to the mankind as the sudden protective urge swept over him like an eruption. Were they brothers? No… friends. New friends. Odd that they’d developed such a bond.

I have nothing to hide from you. I am afraid. That’s what he had said. Was he lying? While Malvat considered lies extremely useful at times, most of the time they revolted him. He had been trained to hate them from his birth.

One of the adult (?) mankind stepped away from a hole in the far wall – a tunnel opening – and came close to Alessio. His fingers brushed the mankind boy’s shoulder.  “Lower your bow,” he whispered.  “If he wanted we’d already be dead.”

Very true. Malvat studied the man, his eyes narrowing as he realized something was different about this one. He had the air of an empowered one. Malvat should know – after all, he had been the Bestower once upon a time. He’d learned to sense it. But this one… he had something fiery about it.

Could it be?

A Keeper, Malvat thought, scrutinizing the mankind more closely. I know who bears Burning Fire, and it is not he. Yet there are two others. The Centaur was said to have had Natural Fire, and a young girl Physical Fire. He glanced out of the corner of his eye at Alessio. He has it too. Physical and Natural Bearers within my reach? Have the Centaur and girl died, and their powers bestowed upon others? Luck is with me. Now to discover which is the weaker.

That is as much of a lie as saying the mother bear won’t eat you while you sit in her den, the mankind with the expressive eyes thought. Anything could happen.

Malvat turned his silver gaze on him and smiled, nodding. Yes, anything could.

“What do you call yourself?” the mankind asked, looking Malvat in the face.

Letting his tail drape over the edge of the platform into the scalding air beneath, Malvat settled down with his feet tucked beneath him. His talons dug into the stone, ready to spring if the need arose, but for now he was fairly confident. He furled his wings and yawned, pointedly displaying his sharp white teeth. Lowering his head to the ground, he looked the mankind in his eyes. “I call myself many things. Most know me as Malvat.”

Rusak, a feminine voice whispered, the most achingly beautiful sound in all VaSerBo, top and bottom.

Stop, Life. I am Malvat, Malvat thought back, barely keeping the growl from rising in his throat. “I could glean your names from your thoughts, I suppose” -he glanced at the fiery mankind who was still by Alessio- “but I prefer receiving introductions in the normal fashion. It’s less intimidating.” His eyes swept the small group. “Who are you?”

—————

@kimlikesart
    @this-is-not-an-alien @skylarynn

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

His eyes swept the small group. “Who are you?”

Brendin met the reptile’s gaze but did not speak. I cannot answer you. His thoughts drifted to memories of his time as a Maere and faint screams echoed in his mind, images of bright, blazing fires as villages burned to the ground. I was made into a warrior, a murderer. But I was someone else before. And now I do not know who I am.  

_________

As Jericho came to the end of the passage the presences she’d sensed became more apparent.  Three men, one young and one…torn.  And a dragon.  The reptile was crouched upon the ground like a massive, scaled feline.  He did not seem to notice her yet, but she was sure he would soon.  It was hard to disguise a spirit so old and strong as hers.  So Jericho crouched against the wall within the threshold, one hand on the bejeweled pommel of her talwar.

@joelle-stone
    @this-is-not-an-alien @kimlikesart

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Skylarynn.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

I cannot answer you.

The thought came from the older Bearer. Odd.

Memories sashayed through the mankind’s mind, ones of villages burning, of people screaming – Malvat was taken aback. Had someone else used this Bearer for ill?

I was made into a warrior, a murderer. But I was someone else before. And now I do not know who I am.  

“Interesting,” Malvat purred. He cannot remember who he was. That is useful. He will not remember his friends and will be easier to take.

Then something drifted through his mind. A whisper of a thought, barely heard. Someone else was here. And she was tense.

“Come in, mankind woman,” Malvat called, lifting his head and staring down the dark passageway. He could see her pressed against the wall in the shadows, a hand on the hilt of her sword. Her eyes met his. “I am a dragon, but I do not eat maidens.”

————————–

@skylarynn
    (is Jericho’s mind penetrable? It’s totally fine if she can block Malvat’s power of reading minds. I can edit/change. :)) @kimlikesart @this-is-not-an-alien

Also, I think I found another power for Malvat! Five down, about five to go. XD

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 287 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Story Embers

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest