@the-inkspiller
Active 3 years, 10 months ago-
Catwing replied to the topic March Word War! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
The Word War is over. Don’t forget to turn in your word counts from Monday to Sunday. No matter how small they are. 🙂
@hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @sarah-narnathron @ajaj2000 @warrenluther04 @ly…[Read more]
-
E. Grace started the topic April 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 6 months ago
Man, you guys, I can’t believe it’s already April! This year is passing way too quickly. At least school will be out (kinda) soon!
Anyway. How did your goals go last week? Anything too exciting happen? I was writing like a fury this week, yay inspiration! (I’m pretty sure we killed this word war 😉😛 )
What are your goals for this week…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic March Word War! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
Okay, since we’re going to go back to tagging people again…
@hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @sarah-narnathron @ajaj2000 @warrenluther04 @lydia-writes @seekjustice @rose-noblescroll @thetessinator…[Read more] -
Martin Detwiler replied to the topic Week 3: Writing Life; Writing with a Busy Schedule (Faith Blum) in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 6 months ago
@morreafirebird I really like your point that writing is actually predominantly thinking, because that works very well with the whole idea of maintaining the Artist’s Eye. That’s where the 75% comes in, thinking day by day, when we’re out in the world living our lives, accumulating an awareness for the beauty and truth illustrated all around us,…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo started the topic The Results: Believable Conversation Scene in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
GUUUUUUUYS!!!!!!! The results of the prompt war are back… AND WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*Explosions* *Confetti* *Running around in a circle screaming.* I seriously almost fell out of my chair with excitement.
Thank you so much to…[Read more]
-
Martin Detwiler replied to the topic New Ereki! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
Ack! I’m so sorry! Yes, absolutely. I’ll put your tag on the master list! So sorry!!!
+++
THIS IS THE MASTER LIST. If your tag is not on here, you can ride my dragon for an entire week. I’ll have to walk everywhere…
@hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewrit…[Read more]
-
Martin Detwiler replied to the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 6 months ago
I like all the owl names, both original and those that are references. 😛
+++
The past couple weeks, I’ve been thinking about what we’re trying to do with this whole weekly question thread, and I think I might want to start taking it in a new direction.
First off, no matter what direction we go (move to be more serious or remain mostly…[Read more]
-
Martin Detwiler replied to the topic New Ereki! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
Many thanks to those of you who pitched in with helpful tips and tricks for navigating the forums. *grins wide* It’s almost as if we’re operating like a family and everyone is pitching in to help. XD
*makes a mental note to give a medal of merit to the guildling who suggested intra-guild positions*
+++
Thought I would pop in with a few notes of…[Read more]
-
Martin Detwiler replied to the topic March Word War! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
@the-inkspiller @allison-grace
Only creative writing counts, and it must be OC (original content). Those are the two requirements. So blog posts are out, and if you’re editing creative writing (whether your own or someone else’s) the only words which can be considered for the word war are words which increase the total word count of the document.…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo replied to the topic Prompt War: Conversion Scene in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
Guys, the first draft got finished!!!! *Happy dance* Honestly, I didn’t think we were going to finish it on time, and was preparing to slap on a “Then he believed in Jesus and lived happily ever after.” ending on. But the SUPER AMAZING @hope-ann swooped in and saved the day! We now have a story!
But it wasn’t just Hope-Ann that helped. I was…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo replied to the topic Prompt War: Conversion Scene in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
Calling all the troops! (Except Karthmin. He isn’t invited.) @seekjustice and @kelly-lundgren need some help! The opening looks good but we don’t have that much written, and I would like the first draft to be done by Friday so we can edit over the weekend. The great thing about group projects is that when one person gets stuck, everyone else can…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo replied to the topic Prompt War: Conversion Scene in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
It’s time to get started writing! For the sake of speed, I am going to suggest we go with @kelly-lundgren idea, as she is one of the writers, so she already has a strong mental idea of what to write. But if the writers (@seekjustice and kelly-lundgren) want to wait and hash out some more brainstorming before they get started, that is fine. The…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo replied to the topic Prompt War: Conversion Scene in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
*Bursts into room, banging on pots and pan* This is the LAST DAY for brainstorming! It isn’t horrible if we need to take more time, but I would like to give the writers and editors as much times as possible. We have almost nailed down the premise, but there needs to be a bit more discussion. What say ye?
-
Filewriter replied to the topic Erekdale Worldbuilding 3.0 in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 6 months ago
Hello, Ereki! It is I, your local Worldsmith, Filewriter.
So… we didn’t get all those character profiles before the end of February, but that’s fine. For those of you haven’t written yours yet, feel free to do so now. Just read the instructions at the beginning of this thread. I hope you will.
But… with that said, it’s time for us to move on…[Read more]
-
Martin Detwiler replied to the topic Uh… March Critique? – Zauberin in the forum Critiques 7 years, 6 months ago
@the-inkspiller I will try to get to this later on in the week.
-
Princess Foo replied to the topic Prompt War: Conversion Scene in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
@the-inkspiller Thanks!
Actually, someone (I think it was @enu but I am BAD at matching up the names with their usernames. Sorry if I got that wrong.) tinkered with the chat so that karthmin can’t see it now, so you can just go to the group chat we used last month. You’ve probably gotten the notifications about it by now. 😉
-
Filewriter started the topic Erekdale Worldbuilding 3.0 in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
CALLING ALL EREKI!!! KREE, KREE, EREKI!!!
*clears throught*
Greetings, fellow Ereki! It is I, Worldsmith. (as we are being official here)
I have started a new Erekdale Worldbuilding thread (obviously) so that we can start forming our guild again! I know our other… two… similar threads didn’t really lead to any great discoveries, but, I’m…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic Overall Forum Changes in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
*raises calming hands*
Don’t worry. Nothing too drastic is going to be happening. But, there are going to be some changes, which the Guildmasters have been talking about and discussing for a few months now. We believe that these changes will help the forums (both general and guild forums) run more smoothly.
Please head on over to Daeus’ post…[Read more]
-
Sageinthemeadow replied to the topic Building Erekdale 2.0 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
Hey everyone!
As your resident Smithing, (assistant to Wordsmith, a.k.a. @filewriter ) I bring to you the latest version of our Erekdale flag! I tried to tie in all of the unique elements that make up Erekdale, and transform it into a flag worthy of being flown across our lands.
What do you think?

-
E. Grace replied to the topic January 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 7 months ago
Happy Valentine’s Day! *throws paper hearts*
How are everyone’s goals coming along?  Is anyone in need of prayer/encouragement?
@karthmin @hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @catwing @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @sarah-narnathro…[Read more]
- Load More












