-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {The Writing Life – Week 13, ME, Daeus, + Faith} Self Publishing vs Traditional Publishing in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 3 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashira
@moonlighting-novelist -
ProfessorSJB replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – A Beautiful Ordinary in the forum Announcements 7 years, 3 months ago
Hi all! I still have a deadline to meet by the next week so I might pop up and disappear again, but I like the idea so far! I mean, pencils. I’m an artist, so I practically die for such things.
How about when we use pencils, we include other things like the kind of paper you’d use and maybe the setting around it like…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Guildmaster Deadline in the forum Announcements 7 years, 3 months ago
I HAVE RETURNED!! *throws confetti*
I met my deadline, I survived it, and I’m hopefully back. That said, I won’t be checking in on your guild war progress because I’m pretty sure I’m judging this time!…[Read more]
-
Ellen Blanc replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – A Beautiful Ordinary in the forum Announcements 7 years, 3 months ago
@mairin-atha I completely agree that we should let the everyday-object-symbol-thingy come naturally as part of the story.
And I think our temporary guild master has a great idea. We should totally tailor this story to Jane Maree. What do you guys think? (But um, if we do decide to tailor it to her I’m going to need some help/not be much help…[Read more]
-
Selah replied to the topic {The Writing Life – Week 12, Martin} Typing vs Writing by Hand in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 3 months ago
Great article, and thanks for doing double duty for a bit. 🙂 I absolutely agree with Martin. I write all my first drafts in notebooks, and then edit + type out on the computer. Works so well!
I’m with you there. So true!
-
ProfessorSJB replied to the topic {The Writing Life – Week 12, Martin} Typing vs Writing by Hand in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 3 months ago
Sorry I have gone MIA again. It’s the end of the years and I still have a summer full of studies and intensive viola playing ahead of me, so I’m not sure if I can show up consistently…
I totally agree with you on the COOLNESS of notebooks. Like @e-b-raulands, I used to only write on notebooks because I didn’t have a…[Read more]
-
Dakota replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – A Beautiful Ordinary in the forum Announcements 7 years, 3 months ago
@j-a-penrose This will so much fun!! @mairin-atha Ideas . . . sunshine? a clover flower? an ant? a maple leaf? *keeps thinking while posting this . . . *
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – A Beautiful Ordinary in the forum Announcements 7 years, 3 months ago
@mairin-atha YES. You guys’s have a flare for the dramatic. I can still clearly remember the last war I was minding you for, and man that was filled with drama.
Main thing is to make sure we don’t lose the beautiful object. It needs to stand out in the midst of it all.
And by all means, tailor this to suit Jane. We all know her pretty well, and…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – A Beautiful Ordinary in the forum Announcements 7 years, 3 months ago
A while back we had a post from Martin about The Artist’s Eye, and to seek the beautiful in the ordinary everyday.
For the next two weeks, that’s exactly what we’re doing.
The Prompt: Write a story where you bring out the beauty of something ordinary in a very dramatic setting.
The Dates: Monday 17th – Monday 1st
The Judge: Jane Maree (a…[Read more]
-
Dakota replied to the topic SE SHORT STORY CONTEST in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 3 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@nicoleg
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashira
@moonlighting-novelistIf any of my…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic {The Writing Life – Week 12, Martin} Typing vs Writing by Hand in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 3 months ago
Hello all!
This week’s lesson is from Martin, and is looking at the pros and cons of typing, and writing by hand. (Also, when I say, ‘this week,’ I mean last week. I’ll message Jane later and see if I’m meant to be double posting later this week to officially catch you guys up. xD) (To be fair, Parimi Alca is pretty far behind in these too. *dies…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Guildmaster Deadline in the forum Announcements 7 years, 3 months ago
Hello, stellar Meerkats!
I promise I’m not taking over your guild. I’m just here to look out for you guys for a week or so. 😉 Jane has a crazy deadline that she’s having to work insanely hard to meet.
So just for the next little while, tag me if you have any questions on anything, and continue being an awesome guild!
(Sorry if some of the tags…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic WORD WAR #6 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 3 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashira
@moonlighting-novelistWord War…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Word War #4 in the forum Word Wars 7 years, 3 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashira
@moonlighting-novelistThe word war…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic WORD WAR #6 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 4 months ago
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd1YzIOveoE_kmaMRkHnKCYVPlUQSBUdQ2YZUMwBzPozRcHDg/viewform
Once the time is up in your timezone, please submit your word count on this…[Read more]
-
Selah replied to the topic WORD WAR #6 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 4 months ago
@mairin-atha @dakota @ellen-blanc
Nice job, guys!!
-
Jane Maree started the topic WORD WAR #6 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 4 months ago
Time! for! another! War! (wow that actually rhymed, I’m so proud)
This is short and sweet and simple, my friends. 😉
Monday 27 – Monday 3 : write all the words! In a few days I’ll give you the form to submit your count into, but for now…WRITE…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {The Writing Life – Week 10, Brandon} Advantages of finding local writers to hang out with in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 4 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashira
@moonlighting-novelist -
Jane Maree replied to the topic [ROLE PLAY] The Prince Thief in the forum Character Development Corner 7 years, 4 months ago
“I’m from everywhere, really. Travel around the place a lot.” Blaze bows slightly. “People call me Blaze.” She balances the tray on one hand and offers her other hand forward to shake Myrantul’s.
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic [ROLE PLAY] The Prince Thief in the forum Character Development Corner 7 years, 4 months ago
Blaze weaves her way through the crowded hall, carrying a tray like one of the serving maids. She’s comfortable in the babble of noise and movement, used to crowds and colour. She spots a girl sitting in the corner, looking anything but comfortable, and makes her way over to her.
“Champagne?” Blaze offers, cocking her eyebrow and smiling…[Read more]
- Load More












