-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Time Zones for Sprints in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 11 months ago
@scarletimmortalized Great idea!
I’m in Australian Eastern Daylight Time (+11)
@mairin-atha had a great idea of making a google hangouts chat. If anyone is interested in joining that, just email me (I think you have to have a gmail address for it to work) and I can make a group!…[Read more]
-
Parker Hankins replied to the topic WORD WAR – November NaNo Special!!! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@mairin-atha, wow!! You’re doing good!! Keep going!!
@theinconceivable1, Wow!!! You’re really writing now!! Keep up the good work!! That’s awesome!
@selah-chelyah, Yay!! That’s a big amount!! You’ve got this! Keep on going!!
I’ve hit 15k!!
-
Selah Chelyah replied to the topic Time Zones for Sprints in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 11 months ago
@scarletimmortalized Superb idea! I am Pacific Time in North Idaho. I will tag the Merakians, to begin…[Read more]
-
Selah Chelyah replied to the topic WORD WAR – November NaNo Special!!! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@mairin-atha 🙂 Agreed!
@theinconceivable1 Awesome job! I am nearly at 10,000 and hoping to step up the pace for the remainder of the month… :_
-
Selah Chelyah replied to the topic WORD WAR – November NaNo Special!!! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@mairin-atha *hands it back* I do not drink coffee, so you will have to drink the extra cup for me…. I`ll drink an extra cup of tea to make up for it! :_
-
Selah Chelyah replied to the topic WORD WAR – November NaNo Special!!! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@mairin-atha WOW! *salutes* Yes, ma`am, I will! 🙂
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {Story Theory – Week 5} Plotter vs Pantster (and why I think they don't exist) in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
@thewirelessblade No, that’s great! There’s absolutely nothing wrong with having the idea in your head and then just writing the story from that. Some people actually write better with that method. And sometimes just writing is the best way to discover the natural flow of your story. 😀
@mairin-atha wow, that sounds like a crazy time. 😂 Trying…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Flash Fiction in the forum Critiques 7 years, 11 months ago
I snagged a few minutes to look through these both, and I loved them! I left some comments on the doc. 😊
Tagging some others who might want to read.
@esther-sears
@parker
@mairin-atha
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@theinconceivable1 -
Jane Maree started the topic {Story Theory – Week 5} Plotter vs Pantster (and why I think they don't exist) in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
Welcome to our first topic about story theory that isn’t talking solely about theme!!! *throws confetti* Okay, celebration over, let’s get back to business. 😛
Today we’re going to look at the mythical two types of writers: the plotter, and the pantster. It’s going to be a very theoretical lesson, unfortunately, but it will apply more solidly in…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic WORD WAR – November NaNo Special!!! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Yes yes, I know we only just finished a word war, but we’re changing up the schedule a bit.
Most of you probably know that November is National Novel Writing Month. A lot of you are participating in NaNoWriMo too (go Meerkats!!) so we decided that we’d scrap the prompt war and instead…do a month-long word war.
Starting: November 1
Ending:…[Read more] -
Jane Maree replied to the topic Meraki, get writing in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
GUYS, THIS IS THE MOST INSANE AND AMAZING WORD WAR WE HAVE EVER HAD.
We came second!!!!
Avensbeck – 26,627
Erekdale – 47,230
Rillumen – 48,371
New Wessex – 51,082
Meraki- 53,253
Parimi Alca – 72,127I’m SO PROUD of how much you guys wrote, and also so so excited that Parimi Alca won because THEY DESERVE IT!!! Just look at that word count!…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Meraki, get writing in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING. <3
Anyone who hasn’t shared their word count yet, please do that, so I can add them all together and see what we’ve…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {Story Theory – Week 2} Focusing Your Theme in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
@mairin-atha Hey, I love this!
I actually think your focusing question is pretty good already. It addresses a specific aspect of finding peace not just the more broad ‘what is peace’ and I think that will be a good thing for the strength and focus of the theme.
-
ProfessorSJB replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 11 months ago
Thank you so much! I have added you as my buddy 🙂
Are you doing NaNoWriMo this year?
Can I be buddies with you too? I’m not entirely sure how it all works out…
-
ProfessorSJB started the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 11 months ago
So hi all!
I know that it’s kind of last minute, but I am
thinkingof going to do NaNoWriMo this year… I was wondering if there were any veterans among you who could enlighten me or grace me with your wisdom. Since this is my first year, and also since I have next to zero time, I know it will be a great challenge, but I still want to try. I…[Read more] -
Jane Maree started the topic {Story Theory – Week 4} From Theme to Character Arc! in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
Unique and realistic characters are something we all strive to write. No one wants to hear that the readers can’t connect or care for the characters we worked so hard on and spent so much time with. So we try to make them unique. We give them quirks and personality and struggles and fears and dreams and—
Hold on, Jane, what on earth does this hav…[Read more]
-
Selah Chelyah replied to the topic Which Guild is the Best? in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@ashira You are right on! Everyone, (all you Parimi Alca-ers, ) see how someone who is not in the guild knows it is the best already?
We write in the real world, too… not just fantastical. All genres welcomed, all creative ideas included. Jane Maree heads us, and she is a greatest guildmaster of all. EVER!!! She is amazing, supportive, t…[Read more]
-
Parker Hankins replied to the topic What. in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years, 11 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@nicoleg
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@jane-maree (The best and most amazing Meraki trainer…[Read more] -
Jane Maree started the topic Guild Pages! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
So, a lot of you have probably already seen this, but oh well, let me announce it anyway. 😂
We’ve now got the guild pages up and running! *confetti*
Another little detail: you may notice that the list of Meraki guild members (aka you) is slightly different than what you put in the document. This is simply because I couldn’t have peoples’…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic We Are Mo-ving *singsongy voice* in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@mairin-atha Woohoo, that’s great! I hope everything continues to go smoothly!
- Load More












