@hgm_barnes18
Active 5 years, 8 months ago-
Samantha Farrar replied to the topic Grab Your Knapsacks and to Arms! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
Hey, everyone, shall we take a tally and begin writing?? I can’t wait to see what we come up with!!!
I thought another aspect that might help us narrow down the story would be to think about the character we want to write about and who they are.
Do you all have any new ideas or…[Read more]
-
Samantha Farrar replied to the topic Grab Your Knapsacks and to Arms! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
What if the story was third person somehow and the town is destroyed but somehow the would be hero has a reason to think he has begun to get through to the villain and in the end the town burns down and its really sad but it is about somehow the way they changed the villain or maybe the vilian does have a major change of heart and nobody knows…[Read more]
-
Maddie Morrow started the topic World building: weather in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 7 months ago
hi guys! It’s time for our next round of world building. Weather.
weather is actually a very important part of world building. Weather can almost be like its own character. Think about it. No story of London ever made it to press without talk of the constant fog and drizzle. The Boston Jane series is constantly referring to the rain in S…[Read more]
-
Maddie Morrow started the topic Grab Your Knapsacks and to Arms! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
Hello Knaplingers!
As of today, we are at war.
And by that I mean, today is our first change to participate in the guild wars. What’s a guildwar? It’s when a prompt is given, and each guild writes a story that is then judged, and one is declared the winner!
Heres how this works.
There is a two week time limit. And then the finished piece wil…[Read more]
-
Maddie Morrow started the topic Greetings! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
@bekah @SamBerg0 @Naomi-Sowell @MissPenguin and @mckinley
Welcome! I’ve just been informed you’ve been added to the guild. I hope you enjoy Knaphollow. We’re a quaint little village hidden away in the enchanted hills, where unusual and whimsy are bound to happen, and everyone carries a knapsack in case adventure strikes.
Introduce yours…[Read more]
-
I, David replied to the topic A (Short) Story Of Mine in the forum Knaphollow Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
The prologue, because I’m stupid and forgot to post it at the beginning…
“Dedicated to the person this is based upon, who kindly let me write a story about them.
You know who you are, and hopefully you know what you need to do.”
…and the finale. The drive home… which I feel may leave many people unsatisfied. I guess we’ll…[Read more]
-
Maddie Morrow replied to the topic I AM Alive in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
definitely understand having busy seasons. No worries!
Oh wow! That sounds fantastic! Good luck with it.
-
Maddie Morrow started the topic Character Chats in the forum Knaphollow Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@samantha-pen @hgm_barnes18 @heather-drabant @kb-writer @inspirewrite @duskflower @kjames0813 @ireneadler @kari-karast
@i-david @donna-darling @kr-lalonde @the-golden-light @jennythefaun
Hi guys! So I was chatting with the other guild masters the other day and Brandon shared with us something they do in his guild, and gave the rest of us…[Read more]
-
Samantha Farrar replied to the topic World Building: Language in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
Sorry I haven’t been part of this conversation before. I missed the part about real-world stuff and didn’t really know how to contribute as I don’t really have experience in Fantasy
As I may have mentioned before I basically write his-fic and that has sorts of language differences involved. And then there’s also the different cultures within…[Read more]
-
Maddie Morrow replied to the topic Update and support in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 8 months ago
thats awesome! Congratulations and good luck! What is your website so we can subscribe?
@samantha-pen @hgm_barnes18 @heather-drabant @kb-writer @inspirewrite @duskflower @kjames0813 @ireneadler
@kari-karast @i-david
@donna-darling @kr-lalonde
@the-golden-light @jennythefaun -
Maddie Morrow replied to the topic Quirks and You (and Your Stories) in the forum Knaphollow Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
I LOVE when the first and last lines match and bring everything full circle. Best feeling ever.
-
Maddie Morrow started the topic World Building: Language in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
Hi guys!
Here I am, fashionably late.
Today on our world building escapade I want to talk about language. Language is one thing that brings a setting to life. Wether it’s the entire languages Tolkien created, the magic language in The Inheritance Cycle (help me out @i-david, I cant remember what it’s called) that controls magical powers, or eve…[Read more]
-
Maddie Morrow started the topic Excitement! in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 8 months ago
Since this is the achievements section, I wanted scream to the world that I finished the first round of edits on the fantasy story I’ve been working on all last year. I definitely have hope for it and I’m teally excited to see what feedback I get from beta readers.
Im so happy!!!….and also empty inside. Like…what do I do now?? Anyone else eve…[Read more]
-
Samantha Farrar replied to the topic 2019 in the forum Knaphollow Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@hgm_barnes18 @kari-karast @i-david @maddiejay
Hey, guys sorry I’ve not really been active this year my college classes just started up and I’ve been trying to spend a little less time online besides my school. I might be a little less active during this spring semester but I think I’ll be able to pop on here once or twice a week and still pr…[Read more]
-
I, David started the topic Quirks and You (and Your Stories) in the forum Knaphollow Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Goodmornight, y’everyone. ‘Tis I, David.
We are unique. And (hopefully) our stories are too. There are so many different things, big and little, that come from us and go into our precious books. Believe it or not, those various quirks and tidbits can also be endlessly fascinating.
So that’s what I want to talk about. What are some unique…[Read more]
-
I, David replied to the topic Knaphollow Poets? in the forum Knaphollow Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
I do some unorthodox poetry every now and then. I’ll tag my big poet friend as well: @hgm_barnes18
-
Maddie Morrow started the topic World Building. A History in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
Hi guys! So I guess I forgot to post this week, but here I am to continue our world building discussion.
Today I want to get into the history of your world.
In my opinion the history is one of the first things we should try to figure out, because without knowing where the world came from, it’s hard to say what it is now.
For instance, Panem w…[Read more]
-
I, David started the topic A (Short) Story Of Mine in the forum Knaphollow Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
So I recently finished a 4 part, (very) short story. I invested a fair amount of time and emotion into it, and I think it turned out alright. I’ll post the first part here. Read it if you want, and if you do, please let me know what you think and how it made you feel. All comments and critiques are appreciated, good and bad alike.
So yeah. Wit…[Read more]
-
Donna Darling replied to the topic Welcome! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
Thanks!! I’m really excited for it, it’s my baby! <3
Oooh, what was yours about? Where can I read it? I love the genre so much! lol
Thank you, glad to be here~
Knaphello @i-david~
We are swarm, we are legion, and the forum shall know our name and thus know terror! 🙂
Than you, thank you~
-
Maddie Morrow started the topic World Building 1 in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
Hi guys!
Since there were two votes for world building when I asked, and when I looked at the answers filled out in the guild application forms there was also several requests for it, I thought we’d start out our year talking about world building.
World building is important whether your story takes place in the real world, or a made up one, and…[Read more]
- Load More












