@e_elaine_soup5
Active 5 years, 11 months ago-
ScarletImmortalized started the topic A Oneshot in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 6 months ago
I have a fantasy one shot and was wondering if you guys would *gulps* like to beat it up.
Naw I’m kidding, but I am interested in what people think about it. Do slip on your grammar gloves and throw a few punches because I get so focused writing I forget about the rules *tries whistles innocently*.
Anyways, a few things I want to know:
1. Did I…[Read more]
-
Selah replied to the topic For All The Historical Fictioners in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 6 months ago
Hey, welcome to the his-fic thread! 🙂
Hey, she’s here! 😀
*double high-fives*
Great question! I love stuff that makes you think… 😛
I believe that you should portray the typical beliefs of people in the given era correctly…so they should have the historically correct…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller started the topic The Writing Life in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 6 months ago
Deep in the corner, a figure shuffles through the settled blackness. Dust kicks up under his feet and he starts *cough* to *hack* cough. Oh hey, said “dark figure” is me and said dark room is this little place where we come to learn.
I apologize.
BUT, I also have good news, the Guildmasters have been working together and have decided to share…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic For All The Historical Fictioners in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 6 months ago
Here’s our discussion question for the week. It’s a bit more serious than the last few and I’m really interested to hear your opinions.
How do you, personally, strike a balance between historical accuracy and ideas and beliefs that are now considered outdated or offensive (for example, views on slavery, colonialism, women, etc)?
-
ScarletImmortalized replied to the topic RPfL: Another one! in the forum Characters 7 years, 6 months ago
I love it @kari-karast do bring them in!!
Oh @e_elaine_soup5 I think we should have these meet with another group before I send them off to wherever they are going 🙂
~~
“It’s alright to have a bad day,” Marnin smiled. He shifted, using his cane to steady his bad leg.
Gwyneth hopped up beside her, taking her hand. “I’m glad we met you, this…[Read more]
-
ScarletImmortalized replied to the topic RPfL: Another one! in the forum Characters 7 years, 6 months ago
“Let’s sit you up,” Marnin said softly. Pulling back her hair he used a spare hair tie of his daughter’s to keep it out of Finley’s face. “Here have a drink,” he offered her his waterbottle.
Gwyneth rushed over leaving the villainous granola bar behind. “Poor Finley, are you sick?” She asked, her eyes wide.
“She doesn’t feel sick,” Marnin pl…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic For All The Historical Fictioners in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 6 months ago
I stand with @ashira and @selah-chelyah, as I’m sure you were suspecting. 😉 Historical accuracy is important. However, I come close to “alternate history” when I read old sci-fi books. If, say, there’s a sci-fi or dystopian novel written in the 40s about the then future 80s, well, that’s technically alternate history, since it ne…[Read more]
-
Eden Anderson replied to the topic For All The Historical Fictioners in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 6 months ago
I read about a love triangle and I’m like “okay, I would prefer to go rip my hair out over reading this garbage.” (ehh, maybe that was a little too harsh.)
Do you mean like the books by Shannon Messenger? (Sorry, I’m really bad at acronyms.🤦)
-
Eden Anderson replied to the topic For All The Historical Fictioners in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 6 months ago
Yeah, definitely agree! (Also, save us from those wretched curses called Love Triangles. *shivers*)
-
Eden Anderson replied to the topic For All The Historical Fictioners in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
I like how you phrased that…and yes, I’m starting to see that and agree with you. 😄 (I promise that I’m trying to start branching out and reading other genres and not be so stick in the mud. 😛 Although I do love my dear old classics. *hugs classics*)
Hey, *cough* I wasn’t going to say anything because I was in…[Read more]
-
ScarletImmortalized replied to the topic RPfL: Another one! in the forum Characters 7 years, 7 months ago
Thanks!
My Villain actually originates from a fan fiction I’m writing with a friend, but I’m loving him so much I’ve decided to groom him for his own story.
Just a thought on things, his power is the ability to transport you to a Dream world. So he could transport all the characters and then they would have to figure out how to get out.…[Read more]
-
Michelle Rose replied to the topic For All The Historical Fictioners in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@e_elaine_soup5 Hi Elaine, may I ask why? 🙂
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic For All The Historical Fictioners in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Welcome to the historical fictioners thread!
I mentioned Leviathan to a few other people who posted here! Its really good 🙂
I haven’t read those other ones, but Flame in the Mist is good! (I haven’t read the sequel yet).
-
Veraza Winterknight replied to the topic Game of Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Don’t worry! You’re fine. It’s been really slow on here latelys anyways.
____________
Kieron followed Crystal down the passage, carrying the boy. He glanced at the lit torches on the walls curiously. Someone must have lit them recently, they were no where close to being burned out. Which meant… “Um, we might not be alone in…[Read more]
-
Introverted Elf replied to the topic Any Anime/Manga Peeps Out There? in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
@basically-everyone
K, so, finished watching all the episodes of Anohana. And *sniffles* it was SO beautiful towards the ending! I was crying. It’s really great and, if you can get past the few little not-so-great parts, it’s amazing and beautifully sad! :’)
And whoever has watched Your Name, I got through it too. That one was kinda sad too; I…[Read more]
-
Introverted Elf replied to the topic Game of Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
(Yeesh! I have not been on in EONS! Sorry about that, hee, hee. @kari-karast @e_elaine_soup5 )
Anna nodded to Crystal. “Right behind you guys,” she said, keeping her guard on the ready just in case anything were to happen.
-
ScarletImmortalized replied to the topic RPforL- The Chronicle of Characters Continues in the forum Characters 7 years, 7 months ago
I’m probably missing it, but I posted on page 81 and I can’t find your reply *facepalm* could you point out a page number?>
-
ScarletImmortalized replied to the topic RPforL- The Chronicle of Characters Continues in the forum Characters 7 years, 7 months ago
oh did you reply to my last one?
-
bookcrazygirl replied to the topic RPforL- The Chronicle of Characters Continues in the forum Characters 7 years, 7 months ago
@e_elaine_soup5 AHA! I figured out who u are!
-
Veraza Winterknight replied to the topic Game of Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
“Just as long as we don’t run into any traps we should be fine. I think. Who knows what Deathrock has in this place.” Kieron sighed. This was why he didn’t like accepting his station in life. Because he wanted to help people without all the crazy clueless adventuring. Although if things back home continued the way they’d been going so far he’d…[Read more]
- Load More












