fb

Any Anime/Manga Peeps Out There?

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Any Anime/Manga Peeps Out There?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

*tip toes in* Hi guys, this is really awkward for me because in real life its always awkward for me saying anything about anime/manga to people who may or may not watch/read anime/manga.

I know I’ve run into a few people who’ve watched animes…

But I’m curious about others…

*clears throat*

Alright *unfolds list* I’ve watched Attack on Titan, Death Note, just started Durarara, Fairy Tail, Full Metal Alchemist, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, a bit of HunterxHunter, the first season of K Project because the characters were attractive but I soon found out the plot was bleh, My Hero Academia, a season of Naruto, Noragami, four episodes of Ouran High School Host Club (mainly because FMA and FMAB voice actors), Psycho Pass, RWBY (not technically an anime but I’m gonna call it one), Sword Art Online (minus some scenes), The Promised Neverland, Tokyo Ghoul (except for the latest season), Yona of the Dawn, and Your Lie in April.

Currently reading Attack on Titan, My Hero Academia, Noragami, The Promised Neverland, and Yona of the Dawn.

Yeah so, that’s my list….anyone want to fangirl/fanboy with me? Feel free to suggest something I’m always open to new ones. Must say I’m not entirely into romantic ones…Fairy Tail, Ouran High School Host Club, and Yona of the Dawn being my exceptions I think.

Also does anyone else cosplay anime?

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@scarletimmortalized

*stumbles in*

I heard anime and came.

Hiya! Sooooo I’m a giant anime nerd… I’m currently working my way through/have watched BNHA, AoT, Drrr!, FMA: Brotherhood, Naruto, Noragami, Akatsuki no Yona, Akagami no Shirayukihime, some of Fairy Tail, a little SAO, Mob Psycho 100, Your Lie in April, Your Name, A Silent Voice/Koe no Katachi, Zankyou no Terro, Hyouka, Code Geass, ATLA(don’t even try to tell me this isn’t anime lol), Angel Beats, Toradora(yes, I’m a sucker for cute romances), Charlotte, DTB….

Anyhow. How’s Psycho Pass? Heard it’s decent, but never really got into it myself… also, if you feel like sobbing your guts out someday come to me for recs because I know sooo many sad anime. I love the feelz. XD

Haha, tell me about it…. I think anime is one of those things you either love, or don’t like at all. Either way, it’s still very awkward trying to find people irl who like it. XD

So, what new seasons/movies are you really looking forward to seeing right now? For me it’s MP100 season 2, and the new Geass movie coming out eventually. And the finale of FT, because even though I’ve kind of grown to hate the plot, I still love the characters and I need to know how it all ends. 😉 Oh, the rest of BNHA, of course. I really ought to start reading the manga for BNHA, I just haven’t had time.

If you have messenger, I’d be happy to chat on there as well. XD

"A hard heart is no infallible protection against a soft head."

- C. S. Lewis

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

AAAH all of those are great!!!

Oooh sobbing sounds great….any recommendations??

Psycho-Pass is pretty great in my mind…however it leans towards AoT in gore and brutality….plot is rather interesting!

Ooh so you too have a problem with Fairy Tail’s plot…*coughs* circle? I too am watching to see how it all plays out in the very end…

BNHA!! Can’t wait for the next season….it will be so good…just judging from the manga!

I do have a messenger.

J. Dekreel
    @dekreel

@scarletimmortalized  *heart quickens when I spot the name of the topic*

I don’t watch very much popular anime stuff, but I want to watch My Hero Academia and Food Wars some time. I’ve heard they’re both good. I’ve seen small stuff like Usagi Drop, Galaxy Express 999, Tari Tari and Panda Express. As well as Studio Ghibli, which easily trumps them all. XD

But I LOVE the art style!! I’m working on becoming a better manga-esque artist myself. 😉

ENFP-T. Cartoonist, "half-writer", wolfish.
    Blog

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@dekreel

Ooh I’ve watched some Food Wars….I love the food…I’m gonna try to make some of those recipes someday…..

I’ve heard about Studio Ghibli, but I’ve never seen any of their work.

Yes! The art form is amazing!!! I’m not an artist at all but I’d love to make my own manga someday *dreamy stare into the distant future*

@dekreel
    and @sarah-inkdragon

Since we all seem to know BNHA/MHA what are your favorite characters?

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

I used to watch and read a lot more than I do now (haven’t watched the new season of JoJo despite that being one of my faves), but I still love talking about it :-} Here’s my MAL.

I tried to get back into it a couple seasons ago with the new Tokyo Ghoul and Steins;Gate seasons, but the loli characters introduced made me pretty much completely fed up with anime again and I haven’t watched anything since. I do really want to watch Mob Psycho season two and JoJo: Vento Aureo, though, and I got a little into Psycho Pass and would love to finish it.

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@scarletimmortalized

Haha, well….. Koe no Katachi/A Silent Voice has a lot of feels(and I 100% recommend this movie to any anime lover–it’s Kyoto Ani’s greatest achievement both in visual storytelling, animation, and writing in my opinion so far. plus, it’s one of my all time favorites), so does Zankyou no Terro(not kidding, I watched the ending of this on youtube before seeing the whole series and cried my eyes out), Anohana is VERY sad, so is Angel Beats(I should have mentioned this first, because it’s like the king of heart-wrenching anime. the plot has a few holes in it, but if you want to get attached to some awesome characters then sob like a baby Angel Beats is your best shot).

Mm, as for my favorite BNHA character…. I must say, I’m a huge fan of the Dabi-is-a-Todoroki theory, so I have to say he’s one of my faves(as is Todoroki XD). And Yaoyorozu… Bakugou has always been one of my favorite characters, even from the beginning…. but I’d have to say my very favorite is Shinsou Hitoshi. My purple haired child needs some hugs. XD (Also, have you seen the manga shot of him introducing himself to 1-A? I can’t wait to see that in the anime. Along with the Endeavor vs. Dabi fight.)

Hmm, I’ll have to check out Pycho Pass then… I’ve never really been bothered by gore as long as the plot or characters are worth investing in. 😉

So funny thing, Zeref is actually my favorite character from FT. Gray and Erza are close runner ups though…. but yeah… the plot has been driving me crazy. Gintama has a more solid plotline at this point. 😐 Still, I love the characters so much I need to see how it all goes down.

Well, if you ever want to chat on Messenger, let me know and I’ll PM you and we can chat…. 😉 It’s nice to talk in a live chat sometimes lol

I really want to watch Food Wars, but I need to stock up on Japanese food first so I don’t drool too much. XD

@taylorclogston

Ugh aren’t loli characters irritating? I really ought to start Steins;Gate… just haven’t gotten around to it. Been busy with MP100 and BNHA XD

- C. S. Lewis

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

@sarah-inkdragon My old roommate kept making me read and watch teen drama stuff (I still have John Green flashbacks) and the only bit of it I legitimately loved was Koe no Katachi. I highly second your recommendation.

Right??? I wish I could go back to not caring about or noticing the creepy aspects of otaku culture. I hear great things about Made in Abyss and I love the art style, but I’ve also heard some very sketchy things about the various states of undress of a few characters that make me not want to watch it.

"...the one with whom he so sought to talk has already interceded for him." -The Master and Margarita

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@taylorclogston

Haha, Koe no Katachi is possibly the only teen drama across any medium(other than maybe…. Your Lie in April and…Toradora? but that’s more a romance if anything) that I’ve actually enjoyed… It’s such an amazing film. I really need to read the manga… it’s like my dream to get all the volumes of Koe no Katachi in print someday. XD

What can I say, it’s a great film. That, and Your Name, 5 Centimeters Per Second, and pretty much any Ghibli film(plus a few that are very similar to Ghibli, like The Children Who Chase Lost Voices) will always be some of my favorite movies of all time, no matter when American TV manages to produce(though the Into the Spiderverse movie had me in awe of that gorgeous animation…. if you’re an anime fan who has a thing for pretty or odd animation like me, that’s one film you’ve got to check out.)

Hmm, I’ve never heard of Made in the Abyss… unless it’s an anime like BNHA or Naruto that literally everyone knows, I usually stick to looking it up on a few Christian anime review sites or looking up the ratings for the US. That usually works pretty well for me.

(On a side note, I saw you watched some Gintama. I love that show… it’s so crazy and dumb sometimes but then you get those moments in there that are just… awesome.)

- C. S. Lewis

Taylor Clogston
    @taylorclogston

@sarah-inkdragon I loooved Into the Spiderverse! I wish the Penni had been more like the comic version of her where everything was an Evangelion reference (and even in Spiderverse, her mech dies in a blatant reference to End of Evangelion) but I guess she would have been a little overpowered in the grand scheme of everyone they were fighting.

Gintama is great! I tried to get my brother to watch it but he isn’t as terribly interested in looking up all the random references to stuff as I am =P

Have you seen RE:Zero? I went into it hating the main character and the terrible CGI in the first three or so episodes, but as it went on I was really impressed by the weird, cold tone of it and by several of the side characters. It’s one of the only isekai anime (or anime in general) I actually recommend to people, and it’s surprisingly clean of nudity IIRC. A few great episodes and some not so great ones, but I think worth watching.

Sarah Inkdragon
    @sarah-inkdragon

@taylorclogston

Well, I’ve never actually watched all of Evangelion(though I really, really need to… just haven’t had the time), so I didn’t get most of the references on that. But that would have been awesome… truth be told I haven’t read to many comics or manga because I literally just don’t have the time. Busy life XD

Ha, Gintama is awesome. It’ll always be one of my favorites.

Hmm, I have heard of Re:Zero, but never tried it. I really ought to, though…. I have a grudge against any show that uses a lot of CGI, so I saw some clips of that and was a bit turned off… but I’ll have to try it again. 😉 I’m always on the lookout for a good show.

*cough*

Speaking of anime free of fan service, have you ever watched Hyouka? It’s a mystery/slice of life that’s really good, and it’s done by the same company that made the adaptation of Koe no Katachi so the animation and storytelling is great.

Also, if anyone else has seen Zankyou no Terro/Terror in Resonance, please tell me so we can cry together.

- C. S. Lewis

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

I FOUND MY PEOPLE!!!!!
    I literally have watched segments of all of these, or watched them multiple times (Yona of the dawn [3x], Noragami [2x], Ouran High School Host Club [3x], princess tutu [3x])

I finished the Sailor Moon manga series, and the library wars series (DO NOT WATCH THE ANIME) and I finished the first season available of Fruits Basket, I finished Trigun with my brother about a year back, and I started watching SAO a long time ago, but I hate the art style and cannot deal. Assassination Classroom was finished, I watched it with my friend, but they didn’t finish with me

i could've gone outside to take a walk, but i know that i wouldn't've come back

Ella Grace
    @ella-grace

I HAZ FOUND MY PEEPS!! I love anime so much! I have only watched a little of Fairy Tail, and does Voltron:Legendary Defender count? I watched ALL of that. But I mainly just draw anime. Also I have a question: so some anime/manga can be… questionable… is it strange to be Christian and be obsessed with anime/manga?

Knowledgeful Butterfly
    @e_elaine_soup5

Nope, not at all 🙂

i could've gone outside to take a walk, but i know that i wouldn't've come back

ScarletImmortalized
    @scarletimmortalized

@sarah-inkdragon

Ooh, I love sobbing my eyeballs out…One question though are any of those romance centered? I have a hard time getting invested when romance is handed to me instead of just shipping things myself lol!

Ugh I love that Dabi is a Todoroki theory……..seriously, so much pointing to that fact! Ooh love Shinsou too…if you read the manga he’s got some more screen time!!

Pyscho Pass is really good…I’m coming off  Death Note plot high but I’m rewatching and it’s great!!

Lol! Gray is my favorite but Zeref falls a close second. Seriously, why are the villains so attractive. Character arc and physical appearance 😀

I’d love too!!

I tried Food Wars….it has a lot of fanservice….but the food is nice.

@e_elaine_soup5

Ooh who’s your favorite Yona of the Dawn Guy? Ugh Noragami is so good….unfortunately the manga updates like AOT/SNK (once a month) and isn’t nearly as packed with juicy information…

I tried Assassination Classroom, but couldn’t take it seriously. Same with One Punch Man. I’ve heard both of these are great so I’m gonna try again. Eh SAO is generally disliked by peeps I know. I like it, except for like a scene each season. The season airing now is fantastic….I love the animation. Kirito is fighting and a sword grazes past his head and you can see individual hairs cut from his head and flying off. Plus the colors are amazing. Maybe skip to season three lol!

@ella-grace

I think it counts. Technically cartoon just like RWBY and the now GenLock (gonna check that out) but its so similar in style I count it anyways. Ooh! Its really cool you draw anime style! I’ve found its so much easier to make human beings anime style than realistic.

Also, I don’t think it’s weird being a Christain and watching anime/reading manga. Anime is just another genre and like with every person in the world, people have their own guidelines. Like I won’t watch racy movies and I don’t like watching racy scenes or extreme fan service on anime. True its different than real life (remembers AOT) but it isn’t wrong. As long as you are following what the Lord leads you to on protecting your mind/eyes/heart you are good!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Pin It on Pinterest