Game of Characters

Forums Fiction General Writing Discussions Game of Characters

This topic contains 658 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Veraza Winterknight 2 days, 7 hours ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 659 total)
  • Author

Andrew Schmidt
    @andrew

What are some of the characters that you’re writing about? Well, I have now decided I want to play a little game. *cracks knuckles*

Choose a couple of your characters, and bring them on over here – regardless of what they want. The place that all the character’s that are to be summoned to is a slave market, under the authority of a cruel Roman warrior known as Lord Deathrock.

Info for description: The place takes place is in a castle, gray and cold, with only its chilling, lanterns hanging from above. There are hundreds of slaves on this hill-infested land. Lord Deathrock is muscular, wears golden armor, crimson cloak, has tanned skin, black eyes, black hair, narrow face, and carries a red-bladed sword with a black handle, great and mighty! The temperature of the place is generally hot, but is still a really green place. Lord Deathrock contains a box of rubies in his treasure room, and has a really bad temper.

So, basically, your characters are going to wander about this foul place trying to free the slaves, seeking to steal, or whatever you wish your characters to do if you are going to bring them. It’s up to you. You can do anything you want your character to do – after all, it’s your character, not mine – and then we can have some fun!

I hope you enjoy. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. It’s sort of a game where we have our characters interact with each, that sort of a thing.

@jenwriter17 @wordsmith @nuetrobolt @evelyn @the-fledgling-artist @scribbles @dakota @e-b-raulands @kate @everyone

I can’t wait to get started!

ISFP. Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. My favorite animal in Indiana: Red Fox.

Thomas (CrØss_Bl₳de)
      @thewirelessblade

Paul: 17 years old, dirty blond hair. ENFP (like me)

Patricia: Not sure about age. Jet black hair. Green eyes. ISTP 

*Forum Signature here*

ScarletImmortalized
      @scarletimmortalized

@andrew

May I join this epic quest?

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Elizabeth
      @elizabeth

Evyn Quin (she is tall and skinny, with white-blonde hair and bright blue eyes) enters the castle. 

INTP. Writer of fantasy and sci-fi. Wannabe artist. Anime geek. Merakian.

Jenna Terese
      @jenwriter17

@andrew

I’ll drag in Rin Adachi, she’s 18 year old with a short blonde balayage and fierce independence. 😉

And also Nym Lister, he’s also 18, black hair and ice blue eyes. pretty chill, a loyal friend.

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
      www.jennaterese.com

Andrew Schmidt
      @andrew

@scarletimmortalized, yes, you may join. Anyone is allowed who wishes to come. 🙂

@elizabeth, @thewirelessblade jenwriter17 : thank you for coming!

Okay, Lord Deathrock is only the villain.

My character which I wish to bring is Delton Gray, a character which I have planned but not actually yet wrote. But I’ll take his hand and drag him over, because he’s the best one’s that’s coming to my mind right now.

Delton Gray: he suffers from Alsunzer syndrome (something I made up) which is, basically, the more tired and exhausted his mind gets, the worse the hallucinations get. But unlike other hallucinations, these ones are almost like people who visit him everyday – and when he goes to sleep, he like totally enters another world, the one where all his hallucinations live. But anyway, he is not that tall nor that short, black hair, green eyes, sharp features, and usually wears a burgundy leather jacket over a black t-shirt and has blue genes.

Well, there’s that. Now…

*pauses* Hey, wasn’t there another thread similar to this one? *shrugs* I guess mine’s a little different, so I hope they don’t think I’m stealing their idea…

But anyway, let’s have some fun!

ISFP. Artistic, redheaded, nature-loving, crazy writer. My favorite animal in Indiana: Red Fox.

Andrew Schmidt
        @andrew

My apologies, @jenwriter17, I forget to add something to the tag to make it work. Sorry.

The Fledgling Artist
          @the-fledgling-artist

@andrew Hey, this looks super fun! I think I’d better hold off on joining right now though. Maybe if it’s still going later I can join in late. Hope you guys have fun though! (And thanks for tagging me 🙂 )

"Though I'm not yet who I will be, I'm no longer who I was."

Andrew Schmidt
          @andrew

@the-fledgling-artist, oh, that’s okay. You can join now, later or whatever time you wish… it doesn’t matter much when you join. Perhaps you have school work and that junk, yes, I do too.

But that’s okay.

Choice of time is optional.

Dakota
            @dakota

@andrew Pardon me, but did you say that Delton Gray has blue GENES or BLUE JEANS?

Let me go get my favorite two characters . . .

Psalm 119:11
            Your word I have hidden in my heart,
            That I might not sin against You.

I, David
            @i-david

@andrew This thread is almost exactly like Role Play for Learning in concept… and I like it. I think I’ll join in as well… but whom to choose? Belial? Oran? Etc? I am conflicted.

"Lately, I've been- I've been thinking... I want you to be Happier... I want you to be Happier."

ScarletImmortalized
            @scarletimmortalized

@andrew Thanks! This sounds really cool and I need to put my character in a stressful situation because he is always happy and I need to know how he reacts under pressure lol!

Meet Scarlet (as he likes to be called) his real name is Wilhelm Scarlatti. He has dyed bright red hair that is spiked, bright blue eyes, and brown steampunk like googles. He wears a white shirt, black pants, combat boots, and black loose tie, a white lab coat over all of this.

He isn’t exactly considered human in his world. He’s a descendant of people who survived a nuclear fallout in their country. The survivors mutated outwardly and are called the 1st generation. The second mutated inwardly as well gaining supernatural strength. Scarlet belongs to the 3rd generation who look entirely human, having no outward mutations, and have supernatural powers connected with elements. These people are called Dregs, and are hated by humanity viewed as monsters because of their supposed lack of a moral compass. Because he looks totally human he hides his identity as a Dreg. His eyes glow blue when he comes off his radiation blocking medication. His Dreg ‘curse’ is ice.

He has a very carefree happy personality, almost roguish. Erm, not sure what else to add….he likes really spicy foods and hates cold weather. That’s all! Excited to be a part of this story!

“Scarlet, What are you eating?” ~ “Ghost peppers...” ~ Robin sighed.

Dakota
            @dakota

Okay, I got them * clears throat* Let me introduce y’all to . . .

Jim Allen Smith and Megyn Primrose Harris.

Jim is tall, muscular and handsome with a rugged overall appearance. Black hair and deep brown eyes, so dark they’re almost black. A cowboy on the outside but a knight at heart.

Megyn has nut brown hair of medium length and large hazel eyes. She a little quick tempered. She plays cello beautifully, but also enjoys playing hammer dulcimer, guitar and banjo. She’s a poet and love to sing. She LOVES horses.

Hope they’re not cliche and no, they’re not in the same story.

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by  Dakota.

Psalm 119:11
            Your word I have hidden in my heart,
            That I might not sin against You.

Jenna Terese
            @jenwriter17

@andrew ack, I think I’m gonna have to back out of this game for now. When I joined, I wasn’t paying attention to all the busyness planned for the next month or so. Like The Fledgling Artist said, if it’s still going on later I’ll try to join then. Thanks so much for tagging me though! It’s a cool idea 😉

"If you want to change the world, pick up your pen and write." -Martin Luther
            www.jennaterese.com

Andrew Schmidt
            @andrew

@dakota, oh, sorry! I did mean jeans, not genes. *laughs*

Oh, and nice characters! Perhaps there will be some nice music to go along with this game.

@i-david, yeah, I agree. 🙂

@scarletimmortalized, oh, that character sounds exciting – and colorful!

@jenwriter17, yeah, that’s okay. You don’t have to be in it if you don’t want to.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Learn What Readers Want

We compiled and analyzed how 300+ readers answered 18 questions about what they want to see in fiction. Get the free e-book and we'll also regularly send you resources to help you grow as a writer.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest