@e_elaine_soup5
Active 5 years, 11 months ago-
Brandon Miller started the topic Professional Edits: How To in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
Hey y’all!
Time for our next weekly guild discussion. This week we’ve got Jane Maree from Meraki with tips to help us prepare for a professional edit. (If you’re not sure if you need a professional edit, check out Josiah’s great article on the topic.)
If youâre pursuing publishing, whether traditional or self published, a pr…[Read more]
-
Andrew Schmidt replied to the topic Game of Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
@e_Elaine_soup5: So basically she just turned the serpent into bone, but can still bring it back to life with her magic? That correct? đ
-
Andrew Schmidt replied to the topic Game of Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
@e_elaine_soup5: Wait, did you just kill the serpent? Or did you wound it? I’m just trying to make sure…
-
Emma Starr replied to the topic Fresh Poems! in the forum Poetry Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
@e_elaine_soup5 Â I love the…flavor of the words (if that means anything!) and the tactile feel that you get from the words like âshivering,â âwither,â âleaks,â and âclinking.â
-
Princess Foo replied to the topic Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (Here Be Spoilers) in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
@e_elaine_soup5 Yeah, but in between killing Nebula and the Snap, she should be dead. She doesn’t disappear after killing her past self, from what I remember.
-
Princess Foo replied to the topic Avengers: Endgame Discussion Thread (Here Be Spoilers) in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
@e_elaine_soup5 So, this is my understanding of the time travel stuff. Ever time a change is made in the past, it becomes an alternate timeline. This timeline is now an alternate universe, and does not affect the original timeline. Cap being affiliated with Hydra, Thanos dying ten years early, and Loki escaping are all in a separate universe. The…[Read more]
-
Evelyn replied to the topic My for-fun poetry in the forum Poetry Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
@e_elaine_soup5 Wow, I love that poem.
-
Evelyn replied to the topic Fresh Poems! in the forum Poetry Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
@e_elaine_soup5 I really like it! May I ask what the inspiration behind it was?
-
Emma Starr replied to the topic My for-fun poetry in the forum Poetry Discussions 7 years, 5 months ago
@e_elaine_soup5 Wow! What a cool poem! I loved your imagery. đ
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Word War! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 5 months ago
Y’all know what to do.
Let’s get some words.Start: This morning
End: Sunday night.
Submit to: *link here now*
Write: An awful lot.
Let’s go,…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Reading for Writers in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 5 months ago
Hey guys, this week our weekly discussion is from Brandon Miller.
(oh. me.)
How and What to Read as Writers:
Okay so, weâre all writers, right? We weave words and spin tales and generally have a good go at reality. For most of us though, our love for stories started on the other side of the experience — as readers. Now that weâre writing, itâ…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Finding Writing Time in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 6 months ago
Hey guys!
Have you ever struggled with trying to find time to write? Yeah, me too. Thankfully, Faith Blum has some pointers to help us get the most out of every second of our day (without killing ourselves doing it).
24 hours. 1,440 minutes. 86,400 seconds. Thatâs how much time we have each day. And yet, it seems like we never have enough h…[Read more]
-
Veraza Winterknight replied to the topic Game of Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 6 months ago
@scarletimmortalized @e_elaine_soup5
Are you two still participating in this or no?
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Being a Beta Reader in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 6 months ago
Hey Everybody!
Time for our next discussion in the Writer’s Life series! This week: Being a (good) Beta Reader.
I don’t think I have any new announcements, so lets get right into it!
Beta reading is a great way to make friends, help others, and even polish your skills.
Today, I want to give you some tips so that, when you beta read, the friend…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic Welcome to Rillumen! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
ah, well wallflower or not, welcome, @e_elaine_soup5
And we don’t forget about people, @therealameliahoch. We just forget about paperwork. đ
Glad to see you both here!
-
ScarletImmortalized replied to the topic RPfL: Another one! in the forum Characters 7 years, 6 months ago
@countryboy77 @e_elaine_soup5 Just so you guys are aware…David is with your characters…just hanging out…eyes solid black…about to attack them…just an fyi
~~
Marnin limped over to Finley and Gwyneth. “Are you alright?” he asked, bending down worriedly. “Is the EMP wearing off any?”
This was so strange and hard to believe. But they…[Read more]
-
Cassidy replied to the topic The Writing Life in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 6 months ago
Welcome to the guild @therealameliahoch and @e_elaine_soup5! Â đ
@brandon-miller Thank you for that insightful beta reader post! I was lucky enough to find a good handful of beta readers who have done a wonderful job helping me polish up and further develop my novel! I still find myself drafting my work over and over again and I feel kind of…[Read more]
-
Violet replied to the topic The Writing Life in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 6 months ago
@therealameliahoch and @e_elaine_soup5 We haven’t met yet. So hi!
@brandon-miller I’ve never thought about having beta readers before.(mainly because I’m not really at that point yet.) I have posted a (super) short story or Flickr and asked for critique, but they mostly gave polite assurance that it was “good”.ÂŻ_(ă)_/ÂŻ
Also, I can’t imagi…[Read more]
-
ScarletImmortalized replied to the topic A Oneshot in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 6 months ago
@kari-karast Thank you for your feedback! The ghost part is well…ambiguous…aka I don’t know what I’m doing.
@i-david Thanks!
@e_elaine_soup5 Alright! Thanks!
@taylorclogston Thanks for all your comments and answers! Mom always said I was a drama queen, I’ll look into that video! The subtlety and character development answers were helpful as…[Read more]
-
Veraza Winterknight replied to the topic Game of Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 6 months ago
Kieron nodded. “I’d say yes. You said you don’t have a weapon, right? Well take my sword, I can’t exactly do anything with it like this anyway.” He nodded down at the boy in his arms with a rueful smile.
- Load More












