-
storyjoy replied to the topic Watch our SE representative on live stream! in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 10 months ago
@daeus-lamb Whoa, wasn’t expecting a bajillion new notifications from Story Embers. XD Thanks!!! Means a lot 😀
@christianna-hellwig Ahhh!! I met Tobias! I was wondering if you and he were sibs. ;D
@everyone, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I am seriously in shock and it’s so amazing. :DD And yes, by God’s grace I qualified for Finals!!! =DD
Thanks again,…[Read more]
-
Daeus Lamb started the topic Watch our SE representative on live stream! in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 10 months ago
Hey everyone,
I’m writing from San Antonio at the National Bible Bee. I figured she would be too busy to announce it herself, but last night, @storyjoy qualified as a semi-finalist.
This is a HUGE accomplishment. Basically, it means she learned the book of Philippians inside out and mastered something like 900 verses word perfect — over only a…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Topic #26: Inciting and Key events and First Plot Point in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 10 months ago
Inciting and Key Events
The Inciting Event sets the story in motion. For example, Bingley’s and Darcy’s arrival at Netherfield in Pride and Prejudice.
The Key Event is what the story is about. For example, when Lizzy meets, and is rejected by, Darcy.
These are two events that the first fourth of the story hinges around. Sometimes they will…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Weekly Goals #28 in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 10 months ago
How did your goals go last week? What goals do you have for this week?
I finished NaNo! This week, I need to do my first edit of my novella.
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium…[Read more]
-
Serenity replied to the topic Word War #3 winner (and word war #4)! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
OH MY WORD!!!! WAY TO GO!! @christianna-hellwig!
that is SO awesome! I also did the challenge, but didn’t make 50,000 words… only about 20,000 so far. But I wasn’t really aiming for 50,000 anyway, because I didn’t want to stretch my story out that far. but WAY TO GO!!!
-
storyjoy replied to the topic Word War #3 winner (and word war #4)! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
@christianna-hellwig NIIIICE!!! Way to go!!! =D =D =D
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Word War #3 winner (and word war #4)! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
All right, everyone! November is over and that means the sprint is done. What are your final word count? Please tag me (@faith_blum) when you report so I make sure I don’t miss any.
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katheri…[Read more]
-
Serenity replied to the topic Word War #3 winner (and word war #4)! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
hey all!
@faith_blum @fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @katherineh @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker @h-jones @storyjoy @bookcrazygirl @child-of-god
how are all your numbers coming? We still…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Topic #25: Procrastination in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 10 months ago
We are going to take a short break from our theme and talk about a topic that has probably hit us all. Procrastination. It’s a nasty little dragon that often grows ginormous at the most inconvenient times. For instance, the last week of NaNoWriMo. It will bring in other things such as a new shelf that needs a place in the living room which…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Weekly Goals #27 in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 10 months ago
How did your goals go last week? What do you have for goals this week?
I personally did terrible. I don’t even really want to know how many words I wrote last week, because I basically wrote 0 from Thursday on. Including today. Instead, I organized my whole living room today which is why these posts are so late. So yeah, you have a…[Read more]
-
Kay replied to the topic another set of eyes…please? in the forum Critiques 7 years, 10 months ago
I’m glad y’all enjoyed it, I have not written a lot of stuff on this personal level for me, so this is a new experience for me. I really appreciate all of your guys’ feedback! <3
@brookewolf I am so happy that you loved it! Thank you for reading it!
@christianna-hellwig Thank you! That is totally fine! I will definitely go through and try to…[Read more]
-
Kay replied to the topic another set of eyes…please? in the forum Critiques 7 years, 10 months ago
Okay I realized that some of you guys may only see this if y’all get tagged so… XD
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @storyseeker @h-jones @st…[Read more]
-
Serenity replied to the topic Word War #3 winner (and word war #4)! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
YAAAAYYYY!!!!
I am SO excited to hear that it made you feel good! That makes ME feel good!
*does a happy dance*
im glad that this is a useful thing.
How do y’all feel about inviting people from other guilds for the next one? Or should we keep it smaller? I could create another forum(or whatever you call it) for sprint chat only if we thought…[Read more]
-
Serenity replied to the topic Word War #3 winner (and word war #4)! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
so sorry to hear that, @christianna-hellwig! I hate it when that happens.
Usually writing through it is the best thing for me, though, so way to go!
-
Serenity replied to the topic Word War #3 winner (and word war #4)! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
@dekreel, @christianna-hellwig
how do you feel now that you’ve completed your word sprint? *extends a microphone*
-
Serenity replied to the topic Word War #3 winner (and word war #4)! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
@christianna-hellwig? are you with us? or still in your world? (=
-
Serenity replied to the topic Word War #3 winner (and word war #4)! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
@faith_blum @fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @katherineh @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker @h-jones @storyjoy @bookcrazygirl @child-of-god
SIX MINUTES!!!!!!
anybody joining?
-
Serenity replied to the topic Word War #3 winner (and word war #4)! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
to all those who arent going to make it – that’s alright, I wouldn’t mind doing another one before the end of the month, @jenwriter17, @millennium-m, @fawxofthecomics. Thanks for checking in, anyway!
for those of you who might do it – IT STARTS IN 30 MINUTES!!! BE READY!! @dekreel, @faith_blum
for those who plan on it – sharpen your pencils, get…[Read more] -
Serenity replied to the topic Word War #3 winner (and word war #4)! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
well, I was only in my first one today, but the way I understand it is that this is 30 minutes of dedicated time to writing at the same time as other people committed to the same thing. The idea is to use positive peer pressure to get everybody writing more than they otherwise would! I find it helpful, anyway. (=
-
Serenity replied to the topic Word War #3 winner (and word war #4)! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
sorry, I didn’t see that before I posted again. slow internet.
2 pm pst is 5 pm est.
- Load More












