-
Faith Blum started the topic Writing Life: Topic 2 in the forum Weekly Theme Discussion 7 years, 6 months ago
Our topic this week is on being a beta-reader. This one was also written by Daeus Lamb. Have you ever beta-read for anyone?
Beta reading is a great way to make friends, help others, and even polish your skills.
Today, I want to give you some tips so that, when you beta read, the friend you’re working for will be thrilled they asked for your h…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Weekly Goals – March in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 6 months ago
How did your week go? Did you finish your goals? I did!
This week, my goals are to survive and also to write 8,000 words.
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic New Members! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
Welcome to our new members! Welcome Amie Anne, ToriJean23, esummercat, and MyClipboardIsMyViolin! Let’s introduce ourselves. Share the name you’d like to be called, the genre you usually write in, what your current work in progress is, and something fun about yourself. Feel free to share more than that. 🙂
Also, if you’d like to jump right in,…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Writing Prompt War: March 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
Okay, we need to make a decision soon on this. We have just over a week to perfect this 2,500 word scene!
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @ka…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Writing Life: Topic 1 in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 6 months ago
Note: The guildmasters decided on the topic of writing life. So each week, you will get a discussion on something to do with Writing Life. Today’s topic is written by Daeus Lamb.
We know that critique is vital for our growth as writers, yet we rarely stop to think how to optimize the critique we get.
Critique is a limited resource, so I think it…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Writing Prompt War: March 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 6 months ago
We have another writing prompt war! This time I get to help us work on it, so hopefully we can get some work done with it.
The writing prompt this time is: write a believable conversion scene.
Deadline: March 24th
So let’s start brainstorming and get something written!
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christiann…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Weekly Goals – March in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 6 months ago
Instead of doing a new post every week, I’m going to do one each month. You can subscribe to the post and I’ll only tag you in the first post each month.
So what goals do you have for this week? My goal is to get at least 6,000 words written in my rewrite of my WWI novel.
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christ…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Weekly Goals #36 in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 7 months ago
How did your goals go last week? What are they for this week? I finished my goals last week. This week I want to go through and edit some of my next novella, but I would also like to get some sort of fiction writing done as well.
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @je…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Word War February 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
Make sure you get your word counts in today! The link is in the first post on this thread.
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker…[Read more]
-
bookcrazygirl started the topic Book Club! in the forum Story Analysis 7 years, 7 months ago
Hallo! So I noticed that we used to have a book club, but fo some reason we’re not doing it anymore. 🙁 Sooo, I thought we should start it up again! Any ideas for books?
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh [Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Word War February 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
It’s time to get those words written! We’ve got a word war on our hands! Starting today and going through Sunday, Mary 3rd, keep track of all the creative writing words you write. You can find all the rules here and you will also report your final word count there.
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-he…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Writing Prompt War: February 2019 Winner! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
We have a winner for the Writing Prompt War! Read all the entries here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_7fcU9bi72PoRIK6c3Iv-lpu8Ph1kjFsHJfTv2LLEJs/edit?usp=sharing
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Weekly Goals #35 in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 7 months ago
How did your goals go last week and what are your goals for this week?
My goals last week were a fail with the exception of finding a formatter. This week I want to go through my proofreader comments and finish writing three book reviews.
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gab…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Forum and guild improvements in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker @h-jones @storyjoy @bookcrazygirl
Check out the info here, please. Also, there’s a lovely…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Topic #30: The Climax and Resolution in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 7 months ago
And now we get to the best and hardest part of the story. It’s where everything finalizes which means we have to say goodbye to our characters, but it’s also the best part because our characters finally get it and learn from all the problems you’ve put them through.
The Climax
The key to a good climax is a satisfying ending, but also something…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Weekly Goals #34 in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 7 months ago
How did your goals go last week? I got about half of mine done which isn’t too bad since I had very little energy all week.
Do you have any goals for this week?
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brook…[Read more]
-
storyjoy replied to the topic Writing Prompt War: February 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
I really like what @kay and @christianna-hellwig said. Sorry, I probably won’t be on here much because I’ve been pretty busy, but once you all get up a first draft I’ll try to at least read through. 🙂 I’m totally fine with whatever ideas you come up with and decide on though
-
J.A.Penrose replied to the topic Writing Prompt War: February 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
Hey guys! I’m stepping in for Faith at the moment (apparently no one else has??) and your ideas are sounding stellar!
Word Count is 2500 words, and also, bitter-sweet endings do not count. (Daeus informed us recently)
Tag me if you have any questions, and I’ll probably give random bits of feedback. Basically, I will try being Faith for the time…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Writing Prompt War: February 2019 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
Good morning again, Avensers!
We have another writing prompt war! This time the prompt is: write a story with a non-cliché happy ending.
Our deadline is February 17th at midnight to finish at which time it will be submitted by a guildmaster. I will be judging, so I can’t help you out at all (so please don’t tag me in here). One of the other…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Weekly Goals #33 in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 8 months ago
How did your goals go last week? What do you have for goals this week?
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker @h-jones @storyjo…[Read more]
- Load More












