-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Where do I go from here? in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Beth replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
Wow, both of those sound very intriguing!
-
Beth replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
@chalice and @wolverinerm
Awesome thank you! I posted the first chapter in fantasy writers group so if you ever want to read it…
-
Linyang Zhang replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
I feel like I’m kinda late…this isn’t my WIP, but will be after I finish my current fantasy project. I guess a quick synopsis that I made up a few days ago would be:
Micah Radcliffe is the leader of one of the gangs in Heather Flights’s underworld. However, after he refuses a deal from a mysterious drug dealer, the world which he has so…[Read more]
-
Eden Anderson replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
@chalice Thank youuu, friend! You’re so kind! ❤️
Your story sounds absolutely hilarious and delightful! It actually sounds similar to one I started writing a couple years ago about a girl who had to babysit her four little brothers for a week and ended up going on all sorts of absurd adventures. It was pure nonsense but quite fun to write and I…[Read more]
-
WolverineRM replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Chalice replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
@eden-anderson, Okay, so, my contemporary story is still very much in the early stages. (Like, really early stages.) But it’s kind of a coming of age story about a teen-aged only child who babysits his neighbor’s kids while they’re off on a romantic get-away. 😆
It’s kind of my goofy/fun/lighthearted outlet since the other story I’m working on is…[Read more]
-
Chalice replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
@eden-anderson, Your story sounds so sad and sweet! 😥❤ My dad plays guitar, so stories about guitarist are always a little nostalgic for me. I’m sure yours will turn out beautifully!
@arindown, Ahh! Your story sounds like something I would love to read. 😄 Country town, large cast of characters… 👌 Oh, yeah.
@beth20, Ooh, your premise sounds…[Read more]
-
Beth replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
@arindown Thank you! š
@eden-anderson Thanks! š
-
Eden Anderson replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
@beth20 Ooh, your story sounds cool too! It seems like a very fun/adventurous premise. 😀
-
Arindown replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
Your story sounds really good! Love how you’re using normal kids, and then throwing them into a fantasy world.
Thanks. I feel like my stories are kinda a sit-by-the-fire sort. They’ve already provided my sisters and I hours of laughter. If I everĀ reallyĀ get around to writing them, I hope they’ll do the same for other people.😊
-
Beth replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
Alright here is the rest of my post!
So the premise is, Jered (a 14-year-old boy) brother goes missing and he discovers that Tim (his brother) was transported into another world. So he has to go rescue him.Ā He meets other kids in the world and learns that they all have to work together in order to save Ninjanara (the world.) !!
I don’t have…[Read more]
-
Really cool!
-
Thanks!
-
-
@beth20
Hi, I donāt really know what Iām supposed to be doing? Where do you suggest I start on here? Iāve been talking to a lot of really cool people, but, where do I go to read othersā writing, and post it myself? Sorry if itās obvious. (:
The movie Last Samurai? The violence isnāt a problem (usually), but the swearing likely will. I have the fa…[Read more]-
Hey,
So there are groups on here and you can join whichever group you write in. There you can talk to other (whatever genre group you joined) writers and post your content by clicking ‘create new topic’. Hope that made sense, tell me if it didn’t!
Yeah, the language isn’t too bad, there are 11 ‘bad’ words total (don’t ask me why I counted, long…[Read more] -
Cool, thanks! I’ll try the castle now…So, basically, I have one of my characters appear in the castle, and explore a room?
-
Wow! My mom said ‘The Last Samurai’ is her favorite movie, sooo, the things you learn…
-
-
Yes, and if you want, they can interact with Jaylin (my character) or anyone else! Though everyone is together. Really??! That’s hilarious! XD
-
-
Beth replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
Wow all your stories sound so good!!!!
@arindown It sounds like a rainy day sitting by the fire with hot coffee book!! My mom would love it! š
@eden-anderson Your story sounds really sad! But it sounds like it could be really good and well written!
@wolverinerm OMGosh!!! Your story sounds so sad but also really really good! I’d so read it next…[Read more]
-
Beth replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
My current WIP has both medieval times (kinda) and also contemporary characters.
It’s called, Ninjanaria and has multiple MCs! Plus tons of side characters!
My main main character is Jered. Then Marrill. Then the other characters who I write from their POV are, Tim, Silas, Jaylin, Hougen, Aclabar (the bad guy), and who else?? I think that’s it…[Read more]
-
Eden Anderson replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
@arindown Well, I’m glad you decided to join this group! We need more people. 😀
Aw, why thank you!
I’ve heard of the Mitford series…but I’ve never read them and I’m not very familiar but your story sounds wonderful. Very cozy and sweet and comforting! 😊 I’d love to hear more about it! Is it like a full series of novels set in Mapleton? Or a…[Read more]
-
Sam M replied to the topic Where do I go from here? in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
@vic This was really cool! I enjoyed your vivid writing style. I also thought it was cool how sheās an assassin and a violinist.
Hereās a thought I had for a direction that you <i>could</i> take this: maybe Liz is a an assassin whose boss gives her assignments and she kills people without really knowing them. Then she ends up killing someone she…[Read more]
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Where do I go from here? in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
You’re welcome! š
-
Vic replied to the topic Where do I go from here? in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
@claire-h Great suggestions! Thank you! I’m also a violinist, so that’s where that comes from…. 😉
@anne_the_noob14 I hadn’t thought about Judy as being pivotal, but I like that idea. Thanks so much!
-
Kimmi joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
WolverineRM replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
@arindown Thanksy, I will… ☺️
Iām a city girl myself, but Iām currently living in a small town… quite the adjustment, but I think itād be a really setting. And yeah, āMayberryā is one big reference, although Iām obviously more familiar with the song than the show. 😉
Well, if you get something to post tag me, Iād love to see it. …
- Load More












