fb

Fantasy Writers

Wingfeather Saga Fanfic, not related to Wingfeather Saga 5th Book.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • Author
    Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@this-is-not-an-alien,

HEH WHAT?!?! WHY CAN YOU DRAW SO WELL?!?! AND WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS?!!!!?

*coughs*

Anyway… erm… calming down…

Good job!! I had no clue you could draw that well!

"For love is strong as death." -God

Brian Stansell
    @obrian-of-the-surface-world

@this-is-not-an-alien

Cathy, that is hilarious! You’ve got some skills, girl!
    Now we all can have the “insider joke” if anyone refers to “raising the spoon”. 😂😁

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
    I was born in war.
    Fighting from my first breath.

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

@this-is-not-an-alien

That’s so funny! *Grins mischievously at inner critic*

"The seed of the New World smolders. Bear the Flame."~The Green Ember.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@joelle-stone
    Lol thanks XD! I actually started drawing when I was really little cos my big sister did and…all…*awkwardly scratches back of head* and for not knowing idk…I guess it just never really came up…
    *–awkwardly awkward–*
    Oh, @rose-colored-fancy is also a great artist, she’s even got a Instagram account for her art!!!

Lol, days of the wooden spoon over? I think not! 😈 (Thank you!)

@kylie-wingfeather

Aw thanks! Oh goodness, I never asked what your story was about? And what language is your quote in? And did you draw your profile pic (it’s darling!)?

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@this-is-not-an-alien,

Huh. *cocks head* My siblings have always drawn, but somehow I can never get the pencil to do what I want it to, so I end up frustrated and embarrassed at my lack of artistic skills. *smiles*

Yeah I know!!! She’s drawn all of her profile pics, which are so cool!

"For love is strong as death." -God

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

That is hilarious!! It’s one of the funniest things ever, I totally want to frame that and hang it above my computer for when I’m drafting XD It’s awesome and I love how much emotion you got into that drawing! LOL, it’s too funny XD Smack the inner critic! XD

Oh, rose-colored-fancy is also a great artist, she’s even got a Instagram account for her art!!

@joelle-stone

Yeah, I know!!! She’s drawn all of her profile pics, which are so cool!

Thank you both! I try, LOL XD

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

@this-is-not-an-alien

Hi again! The story y’all helped me with (and what this topic was created for)  is a Wingfeather Saga fanfiction (There are a lot of Featherheads here–and I thought they might enjoy something like this. And it could also get critiqued). And no, I did not draw my profile pic, my friend (and illustrator–she goes by Penny Rose here) did it for me–It’s of my MC Aisling for my main WIP. It’s probably my favorite picture Penny’s done so far. And my quote is in Scots Gaelic. It means “He was still. And he was loved. ~ The Warden and the Wolf King.” It’s from the Wingfeather Saga, my favorite book series.

~Kylie

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Huh. *cocks head* My siblings have always drawn, but somehow I can never get the pencil to do what I want it to, so I end up frustrated and embarrassed at my lack of artistic skills. *smiles* Yeah I know!!! She’s drawn all of her profile pics, which are so cool!

Oh ikr! I think I spent like the first year drawing just trying to get the basic shapes right, my mom assigned us all a really good drawing book and it’s the only one I’ve ever–structurally– studied off *goes to check the title* Drawing Textbook by Bruce McIntyre. But I mean if you could see my older drawings (which you can’t I destroyed the evidence XD), the pencil definitely won for a while. And for less extreme-cartoony styles I can spend a whole day at my computer with just the basic sketch, sometimes several days so that can be frustrating lol.

Oh yes!! In fact she’s drawn a couple of my WIP characters and it looks fantastic I think my favorite one is of Ehud. Not even to mention her pictures of Meira and Rosario…!

That is hilarious!! It’s one of the funniest things ever, I totally want to frame that and hang it above my computer for when I’m drafting XD It’s awesome and I love how much emotion you got into that drawing! LOL, it’s too funny XD Smack the inner critic! XD

LOL I think I enjoyed drawing that a little too much :D. That was probably my face while drawing lol.

@kylie-wingfeather

Oh cool! I read the first Wingfeather book and that was funny and intense! Oh you gotta tell me about Aisling! That’s so cool that you have an illustrator and thanks for translating your quote for me, it’s beautiful.

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Brian Stansell

@this-is-not-an-alien

Hi Cathy,

I do love that picture of the bucket and the “mind editor”.  Wish my printer worked and I would do exactly what @rose-colored-fancy wants to do.

I minored in art and design in college, but I have not drawn any of my WIP characters.  I did collect some concept photos for Maeven and young Miray, but they were swallowed up and lost when the “Completely Useless Character Game” feed dropped and banished them to electronic oblivion.  I wish I could find the guesses that were made there because they were inciteful. [Sighs]
    Sometime, perhaps, if I have a braver moment, I may share some of my cartoon art.  They are not connected to current writing.  Just experimenting.  I did write a home-made comic book series in high school, and most of my larger works (paintings, charcoals, colored pencil, chalks, ink & quills, etc.) are back at my parents’ home…somewhere.

My Art professor had suggested I make a slide portfolio of my work (this was before i-Phones, etc.) so I have a set of slides, but no way to project them or get them into an e-file unless I sent them out to Legacy Box or something.  (Hardly seems worth it.) I have some drawings in there of a Leviathan that was in my early Sci-Fi novel but could pass for the one that will show up in book 3 of my current series.

Still looking forward to when you get your new laptop and can put a piece out in the Audio Cinema.
    I need to do the questions for Rose’s latest entry.  I do love the interplay of characters she has there.  It is hard for me to pivot from one character to the next as she does so fluidly.

I really am learning from you guys.  I have read many books and listened to countless advice videos for writers, but there is something more powerful about witnessing the exchange of ideas and the shared working-through of plot, character, and worldbuilding issues that is more fascinating to me.
    I admire the way you all are so supporting and encouraging.  I love that you guys challenge us to be better than we started.

I was born in war.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

Oh yes!! In fact she’s drawn a couple of my WIP characters and it looks fantastic I think my favorite one is of Ehud. Not even to mention her pictures of Meira and Rosario…!

And you would not believe how much fun they were! Cathy, you’re awesome at cool character designs and they were too much fun! LOL, I’m a fan artist at heart XD I couldn’t resist drawing my baby Ehud and my awesome girls Meira and Rosy!

Sometime, perhaps, if I have a braver moment, I may share some of my cartoon art.  They are not connected to current writing.  Just experimenting.  I did write a home-made comic book series in high school, and most of my larger works (paintings, charcoals, colored pencil, chalks, ink & quills, etc.) are back at my parents’ home…somewhere.

I’d love to see it! It sounds very cool, and it’s awesome that you’ve used so many mediums! Wow!

Still looking forward to when you get your new laptop and can put a piece out in the Audio Cinema.
    I need to do the questions for Rose’s latest entry.  I do love the interplay of characters she has there.  It is hard for me to pivot from one character to the next as she does so fluidly.

Thank you! Lol, force of necessity. They wouldn’t stop interrupting each other! XD  And same! I can’t wait until I get to hear one of your pieces, Cathy!

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

*skids in late knocking over two tables ten chairs* Heheh hey!

I do love that picture of the bucket and the “mind editor”.  Wish my printer worked and I would do exactly what @rose-colored-fancy wants to do.

Thanks, I never would’ve thought to drawn it if your words hadn’t produced such an incredibly vivid image in my head so thank you for the inspiration! And I know right, devices nowadays think commands are optional! Pure anarchy!

I minored in art and design in college, but I have not drawn any of my WIP characters.  I did collect some concept photos for Maeven and young Miray, but they were swallowed up and lost when the “Completely Useless Character Game” feed dropped and banished them to electronic oblivion.  I wish I could find the guesses that were made there because they were inciteful. [Sighs]

Oh no! That’s awful that you lost your photos!

Well you know I think some wise person said ‘fortune favors the bold’ somewhere… 😉
    Do do have a braver moment and share them!! That’s so cool that you did a comic book series in high school! I’ve actually been starting one with my brother rather recently…or at least the actual progress is rather recent…and on hold until I pull that one character out of the Character Castle…
    I’ve never been able to do charcoals or paintings and my colored pencils stink! I haven’t even tried chalks, ink & quills although I might’ve done ok watercolors if I pursued it but I updated to digital art pretty quick (it has the undo button XD). It sounds like you must be real skilled at art I’d love to see some samples of your artist skills!!!

My Art professor had suggested I make a slide portfolio of my work (this was before i-Phones, etc.) so I have a set of slides, but no way to project them or get them into an e-file unless I sent them out to Legacy Box or something.  (Hardly seems worth it.) I have some drawings in there of a Leviathan that was in my early Sci-Fi novel but could pass for the one that will show up in book 3 of my current series.

Ooooh I was looking at building portfolios recently but I imagine that’s much farther along in my future for now and anyway I’d need my parents permission plus *glances at the billion projects I committed to* I might need to keep focused on my current goals…

Still looking forward to when you get your new laptop and can put a piece out in the Audio Cinema. I need to do the questions for Rose’s latest entry.  I do love the interplay of characters she has there.  It is hard for me to pivot from one character to the next as she does so fluidly.

Ahhhhhg yes!!! I’ve had to admit defeat since my laptop is hopelessly beyond my price-range 🙁 So I got permission to download Audacity on my mom’s computer…which has an only marginally functioning set of speakers and no functional mic. But it was very very generous of her especially since we’d been having a slew of pop-up scam adds for no logical reason that was only just resolved) But I’ve downloaded a video-to-audio converter cos I have a camera but no recording device other than that 😂 so now I think I can export to an MP3 or somethingmawhat but it doesn’t seem to import into Audacity smoothly…like at all…And I have the technical skills of a wet fishstick 🙁 But I also learned a lot about adapting from McGyver :D. So I’m gonna figure that confusticated thingamuwhat if it kills me!!!
    So I’ll probably be joining next week or so…unless I die 😱😊😁

I really am learning from you guys.  I have read many books and listened to countless advice videos for writers, but there is something more powerful about witnessing the exchange of ideas and the shared working-through of plot, character, and worldbuilding issues that is more fascinating to me. I admire the way you all are so supporting and encouraging.  I love that you guys challenge us to be better than we started.

I couldn’t agree more, I’ve never written so much and but so excited about my writing until I had such a great supporting, engaging and challenging community, it’s like having an extended family here at StoryEmbers. And I just love talking to you, you’re funny and authentic! And being around so many truly good people gives me a lot of hope I didn’t have before <3

And you would not believe how much fun they were! Cathy, you’re awesome at cool character designs and they were too much fun! LOL, I’m a fan artist at heart XD I couldn’t resist drawing my baby Ehud and my awesome girls Meira and Rosy!

Aw thanks! The art was terrific and held so true to their characters I just love them! Oh @obrian-of-the-surface-world you gotta see a sample here!

Brian Stansell

@this-is-not-an-alien

Welcome back, Cathy!

*Holds and steadies the wobbling table* [Grins]

Catch your breath, now!  Daylight savings time was back in Spring,…might want to rewind that watch. [winks]
    The bus is still here and we wouldn’t think of leaving without you, dearie.

My printer says it needs to update its driver.  I didn’t even know it HAD a driver. I thought it drove ITSELF with electricity. 😉 The fellow must be a real little guy, and I am not exactly sure where he sits in the thing, but I’ll have to ask him when he get’s back from his coffee break.  (*whispers, [cupping hand on the side of my mouth] “I highly suspect he’s a Liliputian, but don’t quote me on that. He eats an egg in that funny way. 😉”)

Okay, so…

Well you know I think some wise person said ‘fortune favors the bold’ somewhere…

*Wince* I knew THAT one would boomerang on me someday.  But, I am not the “Aboriginal” author… 😁 so I could not expect its loyalty.

Oh no! That’s awful that you lost your photos!

I still have the character pictures for the “Character Game”, I was just lamenting the loss of the reviews I received from posting them during the… “Bermuda Triangle” days of site surfing.

So, to your tech troubles…

I have a camera but no recording device other than that so now I think I can export to an MP3 or somethingmawhat but it doesn’t seem to import into Audacity smoothly…like at al

Audacity is a sound editing program primarily more than it is a recording platform, though it does that too, if you have a microphone.  But here’s an easier solution,… IF… you have a “smart phone”.  If not, then the easiest route is getting a simple plug-in microphone for the computer ($8 or less, can probably find one even cheaper in the gadget section of a Ross Dress-for-Less, T.J. Max or a Marshalls).  IF you have an i-Phone, the App Store has a free download App called “Voice Record Pro”.  It uses the phone’s mic and you can record, pause and stop an MP3 sound file of your reading.  Once complete, if you are on the same Wi-Fi connection in your home as your mom’s computer, you can just upload the resulting file directly from the Voice Record Pro to your mom’s One Drive (if its a PC) or the Google Drive you use to upload your current drawings to.  Then from Audacity, you just find the file you recorded (either in the One Drive, usually under a corresponding Folder called “Voice Record Pro” or a folder of the same name in the Google Drive, if you set the App up to upload there).
    Open the MP3 file in the Audacity program and you will see the audio sine waves of your voice across a single line stretching from one point to the other.  You can cut out portions of the “sound waves” where you may have coughed, or feel like you messed up a word, the dog barked, etc., or have long periods of silence than you intended.  Just highlight one part and stop it at one part, then click the scissors icon to cut it out, or you can silent that portion “highlighted” by clicking the “silence audio” button or (Ctr+L) if you prefer the keyboard short cut.  To increase the volume of a section you believe is too quiet or soft, simply highlight the section of the sound wave you want to be affected and use the “Amplify…” feature appearing on the Effect menu at the top.  If the entire audio is recorded too quietly, you can highlight the whole audio waves with (Ctrl+A) and then click that same Amplify option.  The “New Peak Amplitude (dB): setting should be “0.0”.  dB is the short-hand for the word “Decibel”.  If, at any point you want to mark and label a point in the waves, so it is easier to find, click the pointer on that point in the waves, and click (Ctrl+B) to label it with a brief tag of text).  You can also import in another length of sound by copying the wave links on a separate sound file and pasting them on a sound line channel underneath the vocal track.  Be sure to maximize the volume on the Vocal track so that the music track sounds below it do not overpower your reading voice. (They are your background singers, but you are the main solo. 😉)

Once you have your recorded audio the way you want it, use the Export  feature under the File menu to Export your edited file as an MP3.  You will want to rename the edited file something meaningful so it stands out.
    Ex. “Chapter02_Scene05_StoryTitle_Name_Date.mp3”
    Once saved in your Google Drive or whatever Cloud Drive you use, right-click the file and make it Shareable to anyone who has the link.  Since you will only post it here on Story Ember…to your exclusive fan club…😉.  Only we proud and privileged few can access it.  (Psst. You can share it with your family too. Especially since your mom is letting you use her computer. 😁)

Well, that…as they say…is that.  I have exhausted my tech neurons.  I think my Printer driver is getting off his coffee break, so I’ll go have a talk with him…ask him about those speeding tickets, I keep getting… showing up on my car insurance premiums policy.  The little lead foot….!  A Lead Footed Liliputian is what I got here. [Sigh]  I think his days are numbered, as my printer driver.  I am now going to go see if I can get an upgrade to a Leprechaun. 😂

I was born in war.

Brian Stansell

@this-is-not-an-alien

Cathy,
    [knuckles forehead for pressing submit too early.]
    That picture is awesome.  Did you do that?
    Excellent work. He looks rather melancholy. A sadness about him.
    Are you going to add him into the “Completely…Character Game”?  [Cannot bring myself to refer to it by its original title, because it has been anything but “useless”.]

I was born in war.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Welcome back, Cathy! *Holds and steadies the wobbling table* [Grins] Catch your breath, now!  Daylight savings time was back in Spring,…might want to rewind that watch. [winks] The bus is still here and we wouldn’t think of leaving without you, dearie.

Whew, that’s a relief! I’d hate to have to use my unstable teleportation device (otherwise known as a “sugar high” 😁)

My printer says it needs to update its driver.  I didn’t even know it HAD a driver. I thought it drove ITSELF with electricity. The fellow must be a real little guy, and I am not exactly sure where he sits in the thing, but I’ll have to ask him when he get’s back from his coffee break.  (*whispers, [cupping hand on the side of my mouth] “I highly suspect he’s a Liliputian, but don’t quote me on that. He eats an egg in that funny way. ”)

*snorts and falls off the just-steadied table laughing hysterically*
    (*whispers back*; “I’ll let you in on a secret my Martian great-fairy-grandparents told me; the government signed a contract with the Martians in the ‘60s and now they immigrate here via technology for their human experimentation with psychological warfare. I hate to tell you this, but your Liliputian printer is a spy and part of the latest invasion of Martians. They’re also scared of eggs with their wire-bones. It makes them scrambled XD.”)

*Wince* I knew THAT one would boomerang on me someday.  But, I am not the “Aboriginal” author… so I could not expect its loyalty.

(heehee anything you say can and will be misquoted against you 😇) That’s fair enough 😂!

I still have the character pictures for the “Character Game”, I was just lamenting the loss of the reviews I received from posting them during the… “Bermuda Triangle” days of site surfing.

Oh yeah! That dang PacMan Martian!! I’m very very very fortunate I have bad Internet so I usually save Internet pages (because otherwise I’d leave twenty tabs up and Mom says no tabs are to be left on her computer XD) to my thumbdrive to my computer (which has no Internet connection) to write replies there and copy and paste of Page Plus to StoryEmbers. Every time I hear of PacMan Martian gobbling another victim I cringe and instinctively copy my entire reply just in case before I hit the submit. Curse that serial killer page gobbler!!!

Audacity is a sound editing program primarily more than it is a recording platform, though it does that too, if you have a microphone.  But here’s an easier solution,… IF… you have a “smart phone”.  If not, then the easiest route is getting a simple plug-in microphone for the computer ($8 or less, can probably find one even cheaper in the gadget section of a Ross Dress-for-Less, T.J. Max or a Marshalls).  IF you have an i-Phone, the App Store has a free download App called “Voice Record Pro”.  It uses the phone’s mic and you can record, pause and stop an MP3 sound file of your reading.  Once complete, if you are on the same Wi-Fi connection in your home as your mom’s computer, you can just upload the resulting file directly from the Voice Record Pro to your mom’s One Drive (if its a PC) or the Google Drive you use to upload your current drawings to.  Then from Audacity, you just find the file you recorded (either in the One Drive, usually under a corresponding Folder called “Voice Record Pro” or a folder of the same name in the Google Drive, if you set the App up to upload there).

*stealthily peeks at the; unsuccessfully jimmied wireless headset mic that doesn’t plug-in (I don’t want to talk about it.), the half-hour of my kid brother laughing at me while fully invested in this project and my Internet searches and his jimmying, and the video-to-audio converter program I just downloaded to export to a MP3 to import to Audacity (honestly I can’t wait to see what happens when I get to the really intense parts because I don’t know whether I’ll get so carried away I’ll start shouting from the basement so loud my siblings wonder if I finally, finally knocked my head off practicing my cartwheels on a cement floor or if I’ll just kinda shy off from it and search for special effects instead…probably both XD…wait, I was talking about something else wasn’t I?)*
    Oh.😳
    Plug-in mics…that sounds really smart and practical…😒😓 😅

Open the MP3 file in the Audacity program and you will see the audio sine waves of your voice across a single line stretching from one point to the other.  You can cut out portions of the “sound waves” where you may have coughed, or feel like you messed up a word, the dog barked, etc., or have long periods of silence than you intended.  Just highlight one part and stop it at one part, then click the scissors icon to cut it out, or you can silent that portion “highlighted” by clicking the “silence audio” button or (Ctr+L) if you prefer the keyboard short cut.  To increase the volume of a section you believe is too quiet or soft, simply highlight the section of the sound wave you want to be affected and use the “Amplify…” feature appearing on the Effect menu at the top.  If the entire audio is recorded too quietly, you can highlight the whole audio waves with (Ctrl+A) and then click that same Amplify option.  The “New Peak Amplitude (dB): setting should be “0.0”.  dB is the short-hand for the word “Decibel”.  If, at any point you want to mark and label a point in the waves, so it is easier to find, click the pointer on that point in the waves, and click (Ctrl+B) to label it with a brief tag of text).  You can also import in another length of sound by copying the wave links on a separate sound file and pasting them on a sound line channel underneath the vocal track.  Be sure to maximize the volume on the Vocal track so that the music track sounds below it do not overpower your reading voice. (They are your background singers, but you are the main solo. ) Once you have your recorded audio the way you want it, use the Export  feature under the File menu to Export your edited file as an MP3.  You will want to rename the edited file something meaningful so it stands out. Ex. “Chapter02_Scene05_StoryTitle_Name_Date.mp3” Once saved in your Google Drive or whatever Cloud Drive you use, right-click the file and make it Shareable to anyone who has the link.  Since you will only post it here on Story Ember…to your exclusive fan club….  Only we proud and privileged few can access it.  (Psst. You can share it with your family too. Especially since your mom is letting you use her computer. )

Whew! Thanks! I thought I was gonna have to read that whole instruction manual after all (actually three pdfs I haven’t even opened yet…XD). I’ll definitely use that Amplify, my camera didn’t have very clear sound there I was worried for a second I’d have to keep it close to my face (which would interrupt me getting way too into the roles literally acting out half of the scene pretending I had no idea anybody could hear me from downstairs and that I was another dimension where nobody could hear me and I should just zonk into my project)
    And I reread parts where I fumbled the words so the cutting out is absolutely perfect!!
    Music tracks *glances manically at everything in the room that can produce a “sound effect”*
    That’s PERFECT! I think I have everything I need now! (as long as that thing imports smoothly now which I think it will…)

Cathy, [knuckles forehead for pressing submit too early.] That picture is awesome.  Did you do that? Excellent work. He looks rather melancholy. A sadness about him. Are you going to add him into the “Completely…Character Game”?  [Cannot bring myself to refer to it by its original title, because it has been anything but “useless”.]

Oh nonono! That’s @rose-colored-fancy’s work! I guess you weren’t the only one who pressed the submit too early XD! Did she do amazing!! It’s my character Ehud that she drew, I just love the colors and it’s awesome and she’s awesome and I love her art!
    He’s an ADHD kleptomaniac and has a very cheery, bubbly personality on the surface but still carries a lot of angst and sadness from his turbulent family life abandoned by his mother and leaving their drug-addicted father when he was little kid which gives him a lot of abandonment issues and generally well-hidden anxiety.
    Ooh…the Completely Not-useless Character Game does sound fun, mmm *audible schemery XD*
    Haha YES!

Kylie S. Pierce
    @kylie-wingfeather

Those people that are reading this:

I am going to be gone til next Thursday, but when I get back, I will try to post some more of Aaliyah’s story.

~Kylie

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest