Fantasy Writers

Wingfeather Saga 5th book RP

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 142 total)
  • Author
    Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@wingiby-iggiby,

We’ll miss you!

Making something beautiful in a broken world can be harrowing work. And it can’t be done alone.
      ~AP

Mischievous Thwapling
      @mischievous-thwapling

@wingiby-iggiby

*hears news, then begins to cry like a baby and slams face down on keyboard* *pools of tears ooze towards computer and cause it to malfunction, so the screen turns black with a mechanic clicky-beep sound* *pauses crying long enough to sit up, smash the top of the computer with fist until the screen flickers back on, then returns to sobbing facedown* *finally stops long enough to speak, even though hiccups invade the spaces between words*  I *hiccup* completely understand. *hiccup* I’m going to miss you so much *hiccup*, and I hope you’ll be able to return soon! *hiccup* I’m glad *hiccup* that we were able to *hiccup* do that for you!! You were one of the reasons I actually started writing.  I never dreamt of writing a book, and now I’m writing a full-fledged novel! And I actually have the chance to publish a book with a buncha people! *winks at @joelle-stone* And YESS! Someday, I will find a way to read your book! (I know you can finish it!!) *hiccups one last time* See you soon!! *burst into tears again at the thought of you leaving and imagines you departing on a giant ship, standing at the rail, while I wave a white handkerchief at you, sobbing all the while* (I know… I’m weird.  But that’s what I actually thought of…..)

@joelle-stone

*gasp* Like Wingiby Iggiby said…. PLOT TWIST!!!  Wow, you really know how to write realistically.  By that I mean you write like how people would actually act and stuff, which is something that I’m not good at 😛

Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
        ~Mark Twain

Mischievous Thwapling
        @mischievous-thwapling

I’ll try to get out a post tonight BTW… *waves one last time at @wingiby-iggby, who seems to shrink as the giant yacht plows through the ocean waves into the blazing sunset, while I’m still wailing at top of lungs* *realizes what I just said and goes to reevaluate life while cramming ice cream into mouth from gallon-sized tub..*

~Mark Twain

Mischievous Thwapling
          @mischievous-thwapling

* @wingiby-iggiby

~Mark Twain

Wingiby Iggiby
            @wingiby-iggiby

@mischievous-thwapling

*Starts wailing and crying as well, then bangs head forward onto the keyboard too, examines the dented and disfigured keys, and wonders if they made an imprint in her forehead before searching for some other device to use. Once calmed down enough to type one word without misspelling it three times, she begins to write….*

I will miss you so much too!!! And Thwap, I am so glad that I was one of the reasons you started to write!!!  It really touches my heart that I was a help. Actually, you were a help for me to, and many thanks also to all the others on the WS forum and SE. Y’all really motivated me to try the art of the pen (or keyboard, in this day and age). I am so happy that you are going to write a novel, and thank you for the encouragement! 😀 I do have to say though, *nervous chuckle* that I am not working on The Point anymore….. I realized I didn’t know what I was doing, and got a brand new idea for a brand new book. In short, The Point is on the back-burner…. the very back-est burner…..:P

And I LOVE that departing ship analogy! You are not weird, you just have a vivid imagination. *waves good-bye to the weeping, shrinking figure on the dock, tears streaming down my face as my arm starts to throb from all the waving, and then goes to see if the ship’s cook has any ice-cream to soothe my sore throat.*

@joelle-stone

I WILL MISS YOU TOO!!!!! And I wanted to thank you for starting that Share Your Stories Topic on the WS forum. It really helped motivate me! 😀

Oh, and I’ll try not to completely disappear, y’all. I think that right now, collaborative stories are just too much for me, at least for the time being. I got into too many, lol. I need to work on not jumping into so many things…. I think I’ll pop in at the forum for other stuff; so maybe we shouldn’t cry too much. We don’t want to worry our parents. 😛

I know you got mountains to climb,
              But always stay humble and kind -- Tim McGraw

Joelle Stone
              @joelle-stone

@wingiby-iggiby,

*rushes up late to the dock, hugs Thwapling, and jumps and screams so that hopefully you’ll se me despite my lateness* *ship disappears* *collapses sobbing with Thwapling* *ice cream shows up* *smiles shakily and gets a big cone* *immediately starts a long and emotional letter and a “We Miss You Already” card, and a “Send Us Postcards” card, and a “Thank You For Being a Great Blurter/Friend” card.* *cries more* *eats more ice cream*

😉

Eh, my parents won’t worry. I cry a lot on a regular basis. 😛 The joys of teenage girlhood! And are you kidding?!? That was a cool forum (your stories were awesome). Glad it motivated you!

‘Till we meet again!

Making something beautiful in a broken world can be harrowing work. And it can’t be done alone.
                ~AP

Wingiby Iggiby
                @wingiby-iggiby

@joelle-stone

*Sees another small figure rush up to the other one on the dock just before she turns away. Grabs a pair of binoculars from one of the other startled passengers and then whoops with joy to see it is Kinnen. Waves the binoculars vigorously before losing her grip on them and watching it fall into the frothing ocean. Dodges angry passenger while waving and shouting from all points on the deck before the shoreline is just a little speck and everybody thinks she’s loony. Evades mad passenger and hides in cabin, trying to write despite the rolling waves and growing seasickness. “Thank You for Being an Awesome Friend and Great Supporter and Crazyiness Tolerating Friend” card, and “This Ship is Boring How is Your Life?” card, and “I Miss You So Much I Think I’ll Go Tell the Captain to Turn Around,” card, etc.*

Ha, right?! 😛 And thank you so much! It was a cool forum.

Kylie Wingfeather
                  @kylie-wingfeather

*Runs up to the dock sobbing, and clutches Kinnan and Twapling to keep from falling and screams “BYEEEE!!!!!” at the top of my lungs. “PLEASE COME BACK SOMEDAY!!!!!! IF YOU DON’T, I WILL FIND A FANG AND/OR A CLOVEN TO DRAG YOU BACK HEREEEEE!!!!!*

*Sniffles and stares at the keyboard, trying to get my voice to be stern but failing miserably* I mean it Wingiby! You can have break for a month then you better get back here! If I have to, I will tag you mercilessly until you return! *Loses fight with tears and begins sobbing histeracly. Brownie appears and is completely ignored.*

Good-bye Wingiby Igiby. Please come back soon. This creative writing stuff won’t be as fun without you (no offense to anybody else).

~Kylie Wingfeather

"He was still. And he was loved."

~The Warden and the Wolf King, The Maker

Joelle Stone
                    @joelle-stone

@kylie-wingfeather,

I’ll help out with that threat!! 😉

And no offense taken. I completely agree. 🙂

~AP

Audra E. S.
                      @backwardslivewriter

I shall help as well. Not with my katanas(when it comes to some fandoms, there are villains you extremely dislike, Dolores Umbridge and Lila Rossi are two prime examples, that I may or may not have broken down the fourth wall numerous times to get at), as I normally do within fandoms, but with hug attacks.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”-Dumbledore

Audra E. S.
                        @backwardslivewriter

I shall help as well. Not with my katanas(when it comes to some fandoms, there are villains you extremely dislike, Dolores Umbridge and Lila Rossi are two prime examples, that I may or may not have broken down the fourth wall numerous times to get at), as I normally do within fandoms, but with hug attacks.

BYE!!!! You will be sorely missed.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”-Dumbledore

Mischievous Thwapling
                          @mischievous-thwapling

@backwardslivewriter

You’re back!! Hi! *gleefully waves*

@wingiby-iggiby

*melts into a happy puddle as I read your kind words* Aw, I’m overjoyed (I looked in a thesaurus for that word *cackles for no obvious reason*) that I was also a help!!!! And I completely get that.  (The Point being on the back-est burner, I mean)  Really, in the majority of the stories I’ve started (and there are lots) I had no idea what I was doing. Honestly, I probably don’t now, but at least I feel as if I have a slightly better grasp of understanding of certain things 😛 Is this new idea the one featuring the “good-looking sun boy?” 😛

Oohh, “vivid imagination.” That’s a nice way of putting it. *taps chin thoughtfully* I think I’ll use that next time my siblings complain about me being weird.  Thank you for that compliment!!

*watches as you wave, my eyes bleary from tears, so that the ship, the ocean, and you all seem to blur to together.* *Hugs @joelle-stone and @kylie-wingfeather back and continues waving frantically.* *apologizes to Kinnan and Kylie for soaking them with my tears *then sighs deeply into ice cream cone as ship completely disappears* *peeks over shoulder at the note Kinnan is writing and compliments her on her way with words* *accidentally slops ice cream onto Kinnan’s card, then apologizes fervently and tries to wipe it with sleeves, but ends up simply smudging it everywhere* *facepalms, then says: “it’s probably best if I excuse myself before I do more damage.”*

Yes. completely get that! (The still-being-on-but-not-really-on-collaborative-stories-thing) Collaborative stories take a lot of work to keep up with, so I understand. But I’m so happy that you’ll hopefully still be able to pop in for other things!!!

@kylie-wingfeather

What a perfect threat!! I definitely second that. (And yeah, no offense taken! It’s true!)

And Audra E. S.:

*shudders at the names, especially Dolores Umbridge* What a horrible woman Umbridge is. Amazing threat. *shudders again*

~Mark Twain

Wingiby Iggiby
                            @wingiby-iggiby

@kylie-wingfeather

Ha ha! You are so funny! 😀 Send a dragon; they can fly!!! And thank you so much for that compliment!

@joelle-stone

Good. So you can send Hulwen?!? 😛

@backwardslivewriter

Thank you!! I hope to get on here again soon so I can get to know you better! 😉 Oh, and who are Dolores Umbridge and Lila Rossi? They sound cool!

@mischievous-thwapling

Ha, right?! I’m always shoving things off. And “not knowing what I’m doing but having a grasp of certain things” describes my writing exactly. And no, this one does not have the “good-looking sun boy,” he he. 😛 It’s actually a new fantasy I contrived, and the funny thing is, each time I see a movie or read a book with a certain aspect in it, I want to add it to my fantasy. *sighs as she shakes her head and continues to type…*

And totally use that as an excuse! Who can argue with that (well, if they’re your siblings, they’ll probably find a way)? 😀

And thanks for understanding with the collaborative stories! I’ll totally try not to disappear. 😉

*She lay on the roof of the ship, staring at the stars. She wasn’t in her cabin because the lunatic-ex-binoculars-owner had asked around and discovered where she was staying. She thought back to the figures on the dock, sure she had seen a third, who screamed something about dragons and clovens who would come to get her. She hoped they would. Then she turned over and started another letter, rolled it up, and popped it into an empty bottle she had found in the ships hold (when hiding from the binocular lunatic). She crawled to the edge of the roof, saw no one, and flung the bottle into the ocean before she remembered she hadn’t corked it. She sighed, wrote another, and threw it, hoping the letter would reach the shore soon, and that wherever she was going wouldn’t take long, because the roof was hard and it was starting to drizzle. Then she fell into a restless sleep where she dreamed about dragons, ice-cream, and a pirate lunatic waving a menacing pair of binoculars.*

Ok, why do I find doing that so much fun? You guys don’t need to answer that, lol 😀 Also, only replying to this one topic is so much easier than twenty. So that is probably why I give such long good-byes 😛

Mischievous Thwapling
                              @mischievous-thwapling

@wingiby-iggiby

THAT’S ME!! Every time I read/watch something with a really cool element, I think: “Hmmm, how can I weave that into my story with my own twist on it?”  It’s funny, though, because I can actually complicate my plot by doing that (in a good way, I mean, because then it’s longer and has more stuff in it).  Writer’s curse, I suppose *shakes head as well*

Lol, yup. Siblings always find a way… Like life. (*cough cough, Jurassic Park reference if you’ve ever seen it, cough cough*)

YAY!! I’m so glad! But yeah, collaborative stories can get pretty complicated, with keeping up with what’s happening, contributing, writing your own posts…

*She sits on the edge of the dock, swinging her legs over the moon-kissed water, staring at the lapping, salty waves.  With a hunched posture, she wonders why things have to change and why people must leave.  Abruptly, a dull thump sounds at the base of a dock pillar (I’m pretty sure that’s not what they’re called, but I can’t remember and I’m too lazy to look it up XD), startling her out of her reverie.  Excitedly, she realizes it’s a bottle containing a message and reaches down to grab it.  But, because she’s an absolute klutz, she loses her balance and flips head-first into the water with a loud splash.  Sputtering, she clumsily treads water while screaming, “Shark!”  She thinks a something smooth brushes against her legs and shrieks, even though she’s mistaking a dock pillar for a killer shark.  She crazily snatches the bottle, tucks it under her arm, and hauls herself out of the water.  Immediately, she examines her leg for a shark bite, realizes how stupid she’s being, then hastily yanks the cork out of the bottle.  She scans the message gleefully, then pulls a piece of paper out of her back pocket and scribbles a response on it.  Then she looks around the dock and spies an innocent seagull, which wildly squawks and tries to fly away as she grabs it.  She wrestles with it for a minute before finally tying the note around is leg.  Then she chucks it into the air.  The seagull simply plops into the frothy waves and sits there, preening.  Frustrated, she yells at it, waving her arms, and when that doesn’t work, she throws the now-empty bottle at the seagull, which irritably takes off in the direction that the ship disappeared into. 

Wow, that was really weird and really stupid XD You don’t have to respond to that either, lol.

And yes!! Whenever I’m on, it can be hard responding the the fifty things I’m involved in, haha.

~Mark Twain

Joelle Stone
                                @joelle-stone

@wingiby-iggiby,

Aha! Another one! Yeah, I do that to. All. The. Time. 🙂

~AP

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 142 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Sign up below to learn how to ace story structure.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Discover What Readers Secretly Want

We asked 300+ readers what elements rivet them to a story and which turn them off.

Enter your email to get the scoop!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Authentic Characters Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

You can download the entire Evoking Reader Empathy series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to craft characters readers can actually relate to.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Pin It on Pinterest