fb

Fantasy Writers

Stories and Fantasies

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 263 total)
  • Author
    Arindown (Gracie)
    @arindown

@crazywriter

Hey Peter. Nice to meet you. Do you have any projects you’re working on at the moment?

You can call me Arindown, but I’m a teenaged girl that also loves writing fantasy, and lives to glorify God also.

@mischievous-thwapling

Hello! I love your name (I actually have a character named Natalie in my current WIP😄). I’m also part-way through my first novel.

What sort of things do you like to draw? I love drawing horses, and people (especially characters).

Not all those who wander are lost.

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

Hey Arindown! I’m writing a novel right now, and will post some soon.

And Thwap, or should i say, Natalie, i like to draw, but i cannot draw to save my life unless i have a tutorial, and even then…lets just leave it at that.

Good to meet you guys

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

Maybe someday, when we’re all old and grey, we’ll all start an in person writing club like C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien did.

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

BTW, they called it, The Rabbit room if i’m not mistaken. I dont know for sure, but i think so

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Yess!!! I’m here! It’s Kinnan from the Flabbit Room, BTW. 🙂 Hey @crazywriter and @mischievous-twapling! I met up with @wingiby-igiby too. So yay!!

"For love is strong as death." -God

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Nuts. I’ll try tagging the other two again: @mischievous-thwapling (hello!), and @wingiby-iggiby (come!) 😛

imwritehere1920
    @imwritehere1920

@crazywriter

Heads up!  I just ran into a couple people from the Wingfeather Forum (in the Introduce Yourself group) and sent them in this direction!

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master. — Ernest Hemingway

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

Nice! Good to finally know some of y’alls names! It kinda helps me visualize. Lets get as many flabbits over here as we can

Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

@joelle-stone

YES!! You’re here! I’m so glad. I was worried for awhile that you wouldn’t know about the Wingfeather Saga forums closing and  think we just disappeared!!

@arindown

Thanks!

It kinda depends.  A little while ago I was only drawing animals, but recently I’ve been drawing a TON of Wingfeather fan art. So I guess I go through phases.

@crazywriter

You can call me Natalie or Thwap, i don’t care. 😀  But I totally get what you mean about drawing! One day I’ll draw something and I think, “Alright, I like that.” But then the next day I’ll look at it again and wonder if a 2 year old drew it!  But I love that writing club idea!

"I threw stones at the stars, but the whole sky fell."

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@Thwapling,

Yay! That makes four of us. Yeah, I can’t get on the forums at all anymore. I couldn’t post before I left for a youth group camp on Sunday (that’s why Kaleia and I weren’t posting), and then when we returned on Wednesday everything was shut down!! But luckily, I already had a Story Embers account, so yay! My only regret is that I think half of us went to NaNoWriMo, and half of us came here. 🙁

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

Ok nice Natalie! Yeah i can relate to the drawing part. You can just call me Peter!

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Yes, writing club once I have my driver’s license. 😛 Or when I’m old and gray. Or old and white. Or old and bald. Ooh. That’d be bad. 😛

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

Hey Joelle, i believe most of those who are on NaNoWriMo are on here. Just a quick question. Were you and Kylie related?

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

@crazywriter,

Yay! That’s good.

I don’t think Kylie and I were related. In fact, I’m almost positive. 😛 But it’s really funny, because I do have a person in my immediate family named Kylee. 🙂

Crazywriter
    @crazywriter

Ok. Just wondering cause you mentioned someone named Kaleia. I just thought maybe….But anyways, yeah.

Yeah, maybe when we get drivers licenses. Maybe we can make a group facebook or instagram page for it.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 263 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest