Fantasy Writers

Is anyone interested in collaborating on a story?

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Author
    Ella
    @writergirl101

@arindown

No worries.  I’ll just send a bunch of ideas when you’re ready. 😋

When something goes wrong in your life, just yell, "Plot twist!" and keep going. 😎🍰

Arindown
      @arindown

@writergirl101

Send ideas whenever you’d like, I’m just slow on really starting my stuff.😁

Live doing what you love. Die doing what you love. Do what you love for the Master.

winter_rose
        @winter_rose

So, I’ve been a little inactive, but I’ll try to give some input on the most recent planning:

Maybe only one person is allowed to win per planet (within the branch they’re trying to join, so there’s a separate competition and players for each position), but all of the countries send someone to compete in the games, no matter how many countries are in the planet. Oh, are countries separate from planets?? Or are they basically the same? If so it could be one winner per star system.

Also, how old is this Council/ the Council Games?

I think we should have a legitimate single person villain, maybe in addition to his/her organization. The organization could try to sabotage the games, or corrupt the council members, or bring a revolt to the Council… how well liked is the Council in the galaxy? Is it mostly appreciated by the people and only hated by some high-society lords/ illegal people, or do a lot of people dislike it but don’t want to fight something that big?

Btw, don’t feel pressured at all to answer all my questions, some of them are just suggestions phrased as questions…

Ella
          @writergirl101

@winter_rose, @arindown

Maybe only one person is allowed to win per planet (within the branch they’re trying to join, so there’s a separate competition and players for each position), but all of the countries send someone to compete in the games, no matter how many countries are in the planet.

Yep, that sounds good.  One group that they can sign up for is called The Operative Unit (TOU, and the spies there are nicknamed “twos”) and I was thinking maybe two or three people per country for that one specifically (sorry for the change of mind…).  Sound good?

Oh, are countries separate from planets?? Or are they basically the same? If so it could be one winner per star system.

Yes.  One winner per competition, so the planet the winner of that competition is from gets to send representatives.

Also, how old is this Council/ the Council Games?

As old as the governing system.  It was part of the law system when everything was established.  I was thinking that the time period could be really far ahead in time (hence the similar cultures), like in the 3 or 4000s.  ???

I think we should have a legitimate single person villain, maybe in addition to his/her organization. The organization could try to sabotage the games, or corrupt the council members, or bring a revolt to the Council…

Yeah.  My character’s mom (Athena doesn’t know that she’s related) is the empress of Romanos, so I was thinking she could control parts of the competitions through Athena.  Idk, that’s just an idea.

how well liked is the Council in the galaxy?

Well, I was thinking that the people could name the leader depending on how much he’s respected in that country.  (e.g. Romanos=The Eminence, Afrikhan=The Repressor)  👍 or 👎??

And, @winter_rose, how far are you in developing your MC?  Or is she not really a thing yet.  JW.

Great ideas!

When something goes wrong in your life, just yell, "Plot twist!" and keep going. 😎🍰

Ella
            @writergirl101

@arindown, @winter_rose

Oh, and I was thinking the competition could be called The Culling.  It’s got that sinister tone to it that will help with the mood of the story.

Like it?  If not, I have more ideas.  Many more. 😉

winter_rose
              @winter_rose

@writergirl101

Everything you mentioned seems good, and the Culling sounds so dark and ominous… it’s awesome.

I haven quite nailed down a specific personality type yet, but since her culture is Native American based I’m kind of thinking like a slightly darker version of Pocahontas… I have a few other facts about her, such as he family relationship and her deepest desires and such, but I’m hoping on getting to know her better when I write.

Ella
                @writergirl101

@winter_rose

Ooo, darker Pocahontas…  You’ll have to do a twist on The Colors of the Rainbow to go with her. 😜

Yeah, you’ll definitely figure out a bunch of stuff when you write.

Glad you like it. 😊

Arindown
                  @arindown

@winter_rose @writergirl101

Both your ideas sound great.

The Culling…*shivers* Around my house, that term is used on bad cows. Let’s do it though, it kinda fits.😄

Live doing what you love. Die doing what you love. Do what you love for the Master.

Livi Ryddle
                    @anne_the_noob14

@arindown @writergirl101 @winter_rose

Y’ALL. This sounds AWESOME!! 😀

…unfortunately, I’m trying not to get involved in anything right now XD Cause I’ve got more stuff to do at the moment than you can shake a stick at 😛 But I’ll be stalking this and possibly giving suggestions and input, if that’s ok XD

"Reck not."
                    ~Sir Nicholas Beauvallet

Ella
                    @writergirl101

@anne_the_noob14

Yeah, definitely!  Suggestions are great! 👍

I don’t think any of us are gonna be super involved, because me and Gracie are doing Camp NaNo for the month of July and @winter_rose is pretty busy, too.

But feel free to post anything that comes to mind!

Mel
                      @melodyjoy

Hey, haven’t been on story embers for a while. Could I still jump in to this AWESOME topic?

Please, if I can join, catch me up on the status of the story so far. Thanks!

MELODY

P.S. It’ll still be another week and a half before I can really start thinking about this in depth. I am out of town. Thanks!

@writergirl101
                        @winter_rose (love your picture by the way) 🙂

@arindown

• This reply was modified 1 week, 3 days ago by Mel.

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

Ella
                        @writergirl101

@melodyjoy

Hi Mel!  The more the merrier!

Yeah, um, let’s see where we’re at…

Ok, so basically what you need to do to catch up is to create and develop one or two characters (boy or girl, doesn’t matter) and the countries inside their planet.

For example, my character lives in Athenas on the planet Satirna.  (We’re playing off real names.)  She’s part-Romanos/part-Afrikhan, but it is illegal to have mixed races on Satirna, so she has to disguise herself to survive.

Something like that.  Get as creative as you want.

These are some of the broader cultures that haven’t been used:

-Russia

-France, England, Ireland, Scotland

-Mexico

-Canada

-Asia (China might be used)

-Middle East

-South America

-Central America

I’ll just answer your NaNaWriMo question here. 🙂

NaNaWriMo is a writing challenge you take in either November, April, or July.  You give yourself a word challenge (mine is 50k), that you have to finish by the end of that month.  So, I have 31 days to finish a full-length novel! 😅  You can do the challenge this November, if you want.

(love your picture by the way) 🙂

Thanks! 😊

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                        Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Discover What Readers Secretly Want

We asked 300+ readers what elements rivet them to a story and which turn them off.

Enter your email to get the scoop!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You've Got Cliches in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a four-step process for ripping cliches out of your novels.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Authentic Characters Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

You can download the entire Evoking Reader Empathy series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to craft characters readers can actually relate to.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Pin It on Pinterest