Fantasy Writers

Is anyone interested in collaborating on a story?

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 400 total)
  • Author
    Mischievous Thwapling
    @mischievous-thwapling

Oops, @joelle-stone

"May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks." ~Gandalf

Mel
      @melodyjoy

@mischievous-thwapling

But do the people know that they get sold as slaves if they lose? And when does Andor free them?  And would this even work? Are our characters suppose to win and not go to the slave thing?

No, they don’t know. Andor frees them after they get sold, and taken to the other planet, and are slaves for a few days? Weeks? (Not more than 2 weeks). Yes, it will work. Some of our characters are winning (you are supposed to decide that as well as what branch they win.) Since there can only be 16 winners (2 for each branch) (or was it 8 and I just randomly changed it, even though it was originally one per branch? Anybody know?

@winter_rose
        @wingiby-iggiby @joelle-stone

Bye, MELODY

Life is short, smile while you still have teeth!

winter_rose
        @winter_rose

@melodyjoy @mischievous-thwapling

I thought that we had only eight winners, but if everyone wants to we can bump it up to sixteen.

@joelle-stone
          @wingiby-iggiby

So, everyone, how many players should we have? Because if we’re developing the extras we need to know how many we need. With two to three per country, we would only need to know how many countries there are, and if they are sending two or three. Maybe we should have around forty?? That would mean about fourteen or more countries in the universal council.

Summary: how many countries and how many players?

Mel
          @melodyjoy

@winter_rose

It’s totally up to everyone else.  I have 2 winners. There are 5 of us. I don’t think that we all have 2, I think some people only have one.

@wingiby-iggiby
            @joelle-stone @mischievous-thwapling @arindown

How many WINNER CHARACTERS do each of you have?

We can bump it up if the need arises.

4o sounds like a good number. We will not be extensively developing each of them, though, cause that’s really hard LOL. Already, we have 12 main characters that each of us have posted. Those will be the main ones. Then, if we stick with the number 40, we will need to develop 28 extra (all losers). For those characters, we can just have them come 2 or 3 from a country. We can develop (40 divided by 2 or 3 LOL) a bunch more countries, and winter rose can add them to her map. Some of the countries can be from the same planet. Right now, the planets that we have with the countries are:

Planet Tiras has the countries Scotchlind and Norstis; Planet Rithuagua has the countries Rushka and Sinoraus; Planet Ethrior with country of Adyura.

I know @wingiby-iggiby is developing a country (for Kix) and @winter_rose was developing an Egyptian-based country.

So, basically, more developing of planets, countries, and characters, but more basic than what we have already completed.

MEL

Mischievous Thwapling
            @mischievous-thwapling

@melodyjoy

I believe I have only one winner character.  And all that makes sense!  More developing, here we go!

"May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks." ~Gandalf

winter_rose
              @winter_rose

@melodyjoy

I have one winner character.

P.S. I have already developed a few extra planets/countries/players. I will gather them and see exactly how many I have, and then we can figure out how many more we need.

Joelle Stone
                @joelle-stone

@melodyjoy,

I have one winning character, but we’re obviously going to need more, so I’d be willing to use Mista or Mar, one of the Norsti from Tiras. I was originally going to just have them be extras, but I think either one would be interesting to get into. Let me know! I could also just have Aleck win and not be in on the whole slavery gig.

@everyone

I think we’re going to have to create another forum for the actual RP, ’cause this one is gettin’ pretty long… 🙂

"A writer's life consists of either writing their book or thinking about writing their book." ~?

Mischievous Thwapling
                  @mischievous-thwapling

@joelle-stone

Ooohh, that is a very good (and wise) idea!  Speaking of which, I wonder when we’ll be able to start writing it?  I guess once we get through this mountain of developing 😛

Joelle Stone
                    @joelle-stone

@mischievous-thwapling

I guess so. Somehow, whenever we think we’re done, another thing pops up. 😛 But with this complex of a thing, it’s going to be a lot of fun!

@everyone,

Were we planning on making this into an actual book, or just having a RP that we can go back and look over? ‘Cause if we were gonna make it into a book, I think we need less main characters. Maybe one that wins and one that loses. I’ve tried to turn a RP into a book before, and it’s messy. Just a thought. 🙂

"A writer's life consists of either writing their book or thinking about writing their book." ~?

Mel
                      @melodyjoy

@mischievous-thwapling @winter_rose @joelle-stone

So with the three of yours’ and the 2 of mine, that makes 5, so we’ll probably stick with 8. Aleck can be whatever you want, up to you. I developed a separate character, cause I wanted him to be in the slavery “gig” 😛

Winter Rose, that’s super good!

What is the meaning of RP?

I think we should start a new thread too! Maybe when we reach 28 or something LOL

We should plan out exactly how we are going to start the story out. We have a lot of fluff for the middle and end, but what about the first chapter? How are we starting off all this cool planning?

Well, yeah, good point about having so many main characters. I’m not sure how to work that out.

Wingiby Iggiby
                        @wingiby-iggiby

AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS SO COMPLICATED!!!!! Ahem. It won’t be once I sit down and think, lol I actually need to sit down and think.

So…. about Andor and the slaves…. I was thinking he didn’t want to hurt them, but realized the only way his plan would work would be to get rid of them because they knew stuff that others couldn’t get wind of. So, listening to bad advice and his own bad council, he sent them to slavery thinking he could free them later (which he does).

@winter_rose

Thanks for the feedback, I think I have the map figured out now…

Your welcome! 😉

I do have the kid planned out. He may need a bit more development but I think I have all I need for now.

Awesome! Thanks! 😀

@melodyjoy

The slave pattern sounds great! And yeah, they shouldn’t be slaves for very long. But will they get seperated? I think 2 weeks sounds good! 😉 But wait. If Andor frees them when he’s good, then won’t 2 weeks be too short of a time for him to turn over a new leaf? How fast is everything going to move….

@mischevious-thwapling

I totally get it. When you’re tired, everything seems bigger and harder, XD but Wren losing sounds great (I mean that you decided that; it won’t be great for her 😛 )! And yeah, folks often come to “The Blurter Club” when they are tired and just in need of a break, lol That’s why we have lots of sugar involved: candy, ice-cream, smores, etc…

@everyone

And now the character issue. *duh-duh-done!* I have two, and I think they are both winning. AND FORTY CHARACTERS?!?! Whoa. Yeah, we are going to have to make very basic outlines. Maybe we could each just “blurt out” a couple countries and characters each, made up on the spur of the moment from interesting cultures? Just name, country, age, appearance, and a bit of personality along with preferred weapons. And could we keep the winners to just eight? It would limit the amount of detailing, and we can get to know them better and they will forge closer comradeships if there are fewer of them — and it’ll be a lot easier. 😉

And yeah, SO MANY CHARACTERS!!! And we WILL have to start another page…. I sure hope we can start soon…. *sigh*…..

We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain -- Get Along

Mel
                          @melodyjoy

@wingiby-iggiby

So…. about Andor and the slaves…. I was thinking he didn’t want to hurt them, but realized the only way his plan would work would be to get rid of them because they knew stuff that others couldn’t get wind of. So, listening to bad advice and his own bad council, he sent them to slavery thinking he could free them later (which he does)

Good idea!

The slave pattern sounds great! And yeah, they shouldn’t be slaves for very long. But will they get seperated? I think 2 weeks sounds good! But wait. If Andor frees them when he’s good, then won’t 2 weeks be too short of a time for him to turn over a new leaf? How fast is everything going to move….

Very good point. It can be much longer than 2 weeks if needed. I was thinking that all the loser slave people could be formulating plans for escape, some of them could be despairing and beyond hope too.

And yeah, folks often come to “The Blurter Club” when they are tired and just in need of a break, lol That’s why we have lots of sugar involved: candy, ice-cream, smores, etc…

I think our personalities are VERY similar. Oh my goodness. I LOVE FOOD! SUGAR! CANDY! SLEEP! MY BED!

Good idea about all of us developing a few basic planets/countries/characters with personalities, names, weapons, etc.

MEL

Mel
                            @melodyjoy

I just added some random information to our Details posting page (which now is just a culmination and sum up of the last 26 pages of randomness here LOL). So. ya know!

@wingibby-iggiby

My friend (whom I call Banana, no joke, don’t ask why. I call people random things. I call somebody Tomato (not to their face though… LOL– yeah, that one was interesting…– and I call somebody Bear, or sometimes Chair. ) Anyway, my friend uses this expression for her love of food and sugar.

” I love carbs”

I actually hadn’t heard it put that way before, but life goes on!

LOL, MELODY

winter_rose
                              @winter_rose

@everyone

I counted them out, and if we include the several place-holder characters I made, we already have a little over forty… some of them are just names right now, so we still need some appearance and country (which I also have place-holders for) details.

Blurters are welcome to fill the gaps at this time! We only need basic info for the extra countries and characters, so feel free to Blurt anything that comes to mind!

=====

Ooo… it would be fun to make it a book, but it does seem have too many perspectives… We may have to stick to a RP (roleplay) for now.

The first chapters I believe are all about the characters getting into the games, and maybe how some feel the government is unfair or something…

Joelle Stone
                                @joelle-stone

Aha! The Blurter Club has been called upon! Let’s put that sugar to good use.

@winter_rose

I can come up with names and/or appearances for the characters, if you’d like. I hate worldbuilding, so someone else might take that on. 🙂

And sticking to a RP might make things more fun. If we do decide to make a book out of this, then we can choose 2 main characters and edit the RP for those or something. 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 400 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Sign up below to learn how to ace story structure.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Discover What Readers Secretly Want

We asked 300+ readers what elements rivet them to a story and which turn them off.

Enter your email to get the scoop!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You've Got Cliches in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a four-step process for ripping cliches out of your novels.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Authentic Characters Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

You can download the entire Evoking Reader Empathy series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to craft characters readers can actually relate to.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Pin It on Pinterest