fb

Fantasy Writers

Fantasy Character Castle Chronicles n.1

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 413 total)
  • Author
    Neasa
    @irishcelticredflowercrown

When Nithel nodded and said with devout seriousness “He is”, she felt something cave inside her chest. She sat back on her knees, stunned.

A part of her had aways known that answer. She knew that at some point in her life she would have to atone for everything that she did. That was why she spent her days cleaning up that abandoned cathedral in the middle of the city. Though it was futile. She had so much blood on her hands.

A part of her had hoped. <i>Hoped</i>. That there was nothing. No good or evil. No specific morals they had to follow. No consequences in the afterlife.

The dragon spoke up too and everyone turned towards him. He spoke with a clarity and a wisdom that was almost frightening to her. All of this was just-

She closed her eyes, her hands trembling. “I see. Then – I suppose he will send me – somewhere bad. When I die.”

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Neasa.
    Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

At the dragon’s words, Nithel looked to him. Nithel’s face was serious, almost set in stone. Now he pitied the dragon, warmth and sadness in his heart. “I am sorry.” Softly, he looked at Malvat’s gray eyes, his forehead wrinkled. More pain in his chest, then he looked back to the girl.

The sadness in her face apparent, as she whispered. “I see. Then – I suppose He will send me – somewhere bad. When I die.”

Nithel cleared his throat, silent. Staring at her. *thoughts* But he’s curious now. Nithel sits back, looking at the dragon and then at the girl, but back to the dragon. “What has He done to you?” Softly again, knowing Malvat could understand, and to where the girl could hear.

———————–

@this-is-not-an-alien
    @irishcelticredflowercrown @joelle-stone @skylarynn @crazywriter @millennium

Jominkreesa

Passion = A Willingness To Suffer

Rainy Emily
    @millennium

A smile cured at Lupa’s lips.

“A change that will rattle Saorsa to its core. We’ve been usurped and now a murderous tyrant terrorizes us. But we are rebels, so we rebel and we make a mess.” A flicker sparking in her eye as she spoke. “We guard a successor as told in the stars. It is our job–the Nyx–to secure his safety. And after we crush Rohana into little smithereens,” she used her hands to replicate a crushing gesture. “He will take the throne and all will be right with the world.” She smiled as if that explained everything.

Lupa was, in actuality, very bad explaining. She hated to admit it, even after Ryuu had very bluntly, and sarcastically, pointed it out multiple times before.

Gosh, is he annoying.

@this-is-not-an-alien

When everything you touch turns to gold...
    gold...
    gold...
    gold...

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

“What has He done to you?” Nithel asked quietly, glancing first from Malvat to the girl – the Blood Mink (this is the right character, right? I keep getting Lupa and your character mixed up, @irishredcelticflowercrown XDD).

Malvat growled and lowered his head back to the turf, not letting his gaze wander away from Nithel’s sincere face. “Nothing that means anything to you, human,” he said, forcing his tone to be blank – neither menacing nor weary. “The better question is, what has he done for you? How can you prove he cares about you, or me, or the girl?”

————————————————

@kimlikesart
    @millennium @crazywriter @this-is-not-an-alien

"For love is strong as death." -God

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

The dragon growled, gaze fixed on Nithel’s. Nithel held it, not looking away and strong.

“Nothing that means anything to you, human,” the dragon’s tone was without emotion, trying to end the subject. But could easily have been bitter. With a bit of imagination.

Nithel’s eyes softened, though still guarded, chest hurting. But it does mean something to me. He doesn’t say it, not really noticing it was a thought, but meaning it in every fiber of his being.

It meant a great deal to him.

Malvat turned a question back. “The better question is, what has He done for you?” The different throes of debate Nithel had been shown over the past year come to him, the fire, and deflections, satire, and seriousness hidden behind jests. Malvat went on, “How can you prove He cares about you, or me, or the girl?”

Nithel straightened some, the normal shock of cold touching him, as it usually did at such a direct question about his past was asked. He guarded his face, eyes going far away, though they didn’t lower.

*thoughts, in a mix of normal tongue and his other one, to where it was all jumbled and swirling* His chest ached; he knew that the Star Breather loved him. But what showed that? *many thoughts, and doubts about it* He hesitates. “The greatest blessings can be seen as the greatest curses.” He whispers softly, mostly to himself, more thinking. His eyes lower, looking at the grass, though his chin stays lifted.

All a sudden, his shoulders straighten, and his warm eyes lift to Malvat. His heart thudding. There is pain in his eyes, fire, from memories, but a direction now. *emotions/pain/but a firm resoluteness* His voice is firm, measured, but not hard. Passion. “The Lord has given me pain. Much of it. I was created for it. He saw my pain as worth it, for the good it would work in others.

He didn’t force me to obey what He wished. My brother did not.

I chose to, for I wanted to give myself, and the Lord never abandoned me. He was with me when I stumbled and wiped my tears. He was there to embrace me when I wished to die, but could not. He has been the best part of my life;” Nithel’s chest burned. Then he added, reflectively, face softening. “He has been my life…”

His eyes had lowered again, though without his chin. A smile almost teasing his lips. Hope. As for how I know he cares about you? He would never have created me. Not if He did not see you, and believed you were worth blood. But Nithel couldn’t very well say that. Or… had Malvat heard it already?
    Nithel shut his eyes, hoping not. Then he opened them just a bit. *running of thoughts in the other language*

Nithel realized his silence to the other question was getting a bit long, so he changed his sitting position, crossing his legs. Nithel’s shoulders straightened, and he looked from the down-turned face of the girl, then looked to the dragon. “He loves you.” Warmly, softly. Then he breathes and goes on, “He has given you life.” … “And though it can seem like a curse, and with it we may curse others, it is still a gift we were given.
    I’ve seen gifts. But here? I have seen gifts of fire, and healing, and light. Things that while He created you, He smiled and said- I delight in you! My child! My creation! My beloved! With this you will do mighty things.” *so much more to say* But, beautiful one

Nithel looked to the girl. “Beautiful one,” Softly, warmth and seriousness in his eyes. “The Holy One has told me He loves you.” Could he explain it?  Yes. But he would rather not with so many. Not with the dragon there, to speak against all he said. But he does. Nithel looked at the girl’s eyes, hope and honesty in them. Love.

—————-

@this-is-not-an-alien

Jominkreesa

Neasa

@joelle-stone

Haha that’s okay XD its actually the Bloody Mink, its her street name.

———–

The dragon made total sense to Mayra. She recognised the darkness in his tone, his words. She understood him.

Then Nithel spoke up softly. “He loves you. He has given you life.” … “And though it can seem like a curse, and with it we may curse others, it is still a gift we were given. I’ve seen gifts. But here? I have seen gifts of fire, and healing, and light. Things that while He created you, He smiled and said- I delight in you! My child! My creation! My beloved! With this you will do mighty things. But, beautiful one–

Nithel looked at her with love in his eyes. “Beautiful one. The Holy One has told me He loves you.”

Mayra couldn’t help but laugh. It was a long, harsh cackle, filled with bitterness. A pain was growing in her chest, the feeling that her heart was being ripped open. Because there was no way he was telling the truth. There was no hope for her. No chance of any kind of redemption. “You are – born yesterday.” She glared at him through dead eyes. “You – don’t know – what I’ve done. You don’t – want to know.”

——-

@this-is-not-an-alien
      @joelle-stone @skylarynn @crazywriter @millennium @kimlikesart

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

As she laughed, Nithel didn’t smile at all. His eyes so serious.

Born yesterday. A common thing said to him. He looked at her face, his brows crunching, feeling old again. For just a moment thinking. *thoughts* *is still waiting for the dragon to jump in and silence this*

His gaze didn’t waver, pain in his chest, but resolve and love in his eyes. “No matter what you’ve done, I will care about your life.” He said, wishing the dragon couldn’t hear. His tone was firm, only to the girl. He imagines things, “I may be shocked, or appalled, but I would not see your life as worth less. Watch me, and though I fail awfully, the reason I love when I do is because of the love I’ve seen. Just… consider there could be hope.” He added softly. Nithel put the piece of fabric on the ground before her, then pushed to his feet, the food bag in his hand.

—————————-

@this-is-not-an-alien

Jominkreesa

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Guys.
    I’m on the Internet twice a day and I come back to this!?!
    I love you guys

The ripping sound caught Alessio’s attention and his eyes darted to the noise. Nithel was…oh ok…Actually he was way too used to that sound, never enough bandages and…
    “A change that will rattle Saorsa to its core.” Lupa said with a curling smile. Alessio consciously breathed and returned to his focus to her. Still keeping taps on the conversation between Nithel and the strange girl (survival had taught him to listen to several conversations at once with hardly a thought)
    (“Dewos – the – you know – Creator? Is he real – or no?” Of course God is real, no one could doubt it. But that’s not the question really, it was grasping. Just some time ago he’d asked Nithel almost the exact same question…Alessio was still hungry for any hope or knowledge of the sort of Creator Nithel had described.)
    “We’ve been usurped and now a murderous tyrant terrorizes us.” Sounds like something he’s heard in almost every street. With the war people are anxious to blame any ruler, rightly, wrongly and everything in between. He wanted to hear every word Nithel replied to the girl, as if his life depended on it.
    (“He is.”)
    “But we are rebels, so we rebel and we make a mess.” Alessio thought that sentence was funny for some reason, although it barely showed on his face. She was an interesting person and spoke with very simple logic, it made something of a sharp contrast with her–probably unconsciously–tough mien.
    “We guard a successor as told in the stars. It is our job–the Nyx–to secure his safety. And after we crush Rohana into little smithereens,” He did suppress a smile at her enthusiasm there and he was trying very very hard to listen seriously. “He will take the throne and all will be right with the world.”
    Well he can’t rightly weigh her cause with her words but he can weigh her character and he liked her. She was very forthright, and more of a doer than a questioner. It was a dream, whether rational or not, and she held firmly to it. She also seemed used to showing confidence to get things done, judging from her smile that expressed she explained everything even though she didn’t even believe that.
    He was about to ask how you guard a successor told in the stars but Malvat rumbled behind them and a dragon rumbling is rather hard to ignore especially when you have zero trust for said dragon.
    “Aye, he’s real,” he said in a bitterly disdainful tone. “But he doesn’t care about us, humans. Neither you, who think yourselves so superior, nor I, who am but a beast. He doesn’t care.”
    Alessio froze like a sword had cut through his entire soul. (And why would He care?) All his life had been a series of prayers that seemed unanswered, dreams shattered inside and ideals crumbled or twisted beyond recognition.
    Nithel said something softly in reply to both the dragon and the girl, but it caused Malvat to growl. The noise made a surge of protectiveness blaze through him before he even had time to think, he’d die before either of them got hurt (and yes his hair’s on fire XD).
    “Nothing that means anything to you, human,” Malvat said carefully blank. He wasn’t going to attack, that was just Alessio…overreacting…again…At least, he managed to brush the sparks off his hands rather quickly, he glanced sheepishly up at Lupa. “The better question is, what has He done for you? How can you prove He cares about you, or me, or the girl?”
    Alessio was clinging to every word, sure Nithel would respond with something grand, something that was hope.. Then he remembered he was in the middle of a conversation with Lupa (and he has no clue how to politely extricate himself from a conversation he didn’t even realize that was a possibility) and he tried to return his attention to that. (It was much easier to listen to two conversations that talk and listen at the same time…but he was fairly good at both.)
    (“The greatest blessings can be seen as the greatest curses.” Nithel whispered and Alessio’s chest tightened)
    “You said almost the only weapons you had consisted of knives,” he said “is your enemy the same?”
    Simultaneously he listened for her reply and Nithel’s. Created for pain, to work good in others. Alessio didn’t mean to, but instinct produced the image of an arbitrary mesh of decisions of who becomes a sacrifice for the happiness of the rest. It was…
    “He didn’t force me to obey what He wished. My brother did not.
    I chose to,” Alessio hadn’t had that choice?
    He followed every word of the conversation and every word of it was a knife, and a…more than a hope, he didn’t have the words…
    “He has given you life.” … “And though it can seem like a curse, and with it we may curse others, it is still a gift we were given.” Alessio’s throat was dry, he consciously didn’t touch the scars on his wrist. “I’ve seen gifts. But here? I have seen gifts of fire, and healing, and light. Things that while He created you, He smiled and said- I delight in you! My child! My creation! My beloved! With this you will do mighty things.”
    Alessio didn’t breathe. He’d been looking at Lupa during the entire two conversations, but his eyes flicked to Nithel the moment he mentioned gifts. No one had ever called his fire…“He called them gifts,”

@millennium
    , @kimlikesart, @irishcelticredflowercrown @joelle-stone @skylarynn @crazywriter

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Nithel’s eyes were closed, but when he opened them, the burned with a passion older than the stars. “The Lord has given me pain,” he whispered. “Much of it. I was created for it. He saw my pain as worth it, for the good it would work in others.

He didn’t force me to obey what He wished. My brother did not.

I chose to, for I wanted to give myself, and the Lord never abandoned me. He was with me when I stumbled and wiped my tears. He was there to embrace me when I wished to die, but could not. He has been the best part of my life; He has been my life…”

What a fool. Malvat almost felt pity for the poor misguided man.

As for how I know he cares about you? The thought flitted through Nithel’s mind in the language Malvat knew. He would never have created me. Not if He did not see you, and believed you were worth blood.

I am not worth blood.

Nithel’s thoughts suddenly switched to another language as he realized Malvat may have read the other ones. Malvat kept his face blank, waiting for Nithel to speak.

“He loves you.”

Malvat shuddered with anger. What was up with these people who believed in a creator who loved them? Love is useless.

“He has given you life.”

Oh, did he? My mother gave me life, you miserable mankind.

“And though it can seem like a curse, and with it we may curse others, it is still a gift we were given.
    I’ve seen gifts. But here? I have seen gifts of fire, and healing, and light. Things that while He created you, He smiled and said- I delight in you! My child! My creation! My beloved! With this you will do mighty things.”

Malvat sighed and closed his eyes, giving up. There was no point in talking to people like this.

“Beautiful one.”

Malvat opened his eyes, watching Nithel watch the girl with a look of peace and joy on his face.

“The Holy One has told me He loves you.”

Words burned on Malvat’s tongue, longing to be unleashed. It’s a lie – don’t believe him – all his kind are liars. But a harsh cackle beat him to it.

The Bloody Mink. She was laughing. “You – don’t know – what I’ve done,” she said in her halting way. “You don’t – want to know.”

“Child,” Malvat purred. “All of us have done things. It’s what your end goal is that matters. Have you never heard that the ends justify the means? It is true. I know it, for I live it.” Fire burned in his stomach.

Rusak! Life’s tinkling voice was stern. Lie no more!

He rolled his eyes. If it is a lie, it is one that I love.

———————————————-

@kimlikesart
    @this-is-not-an-alien @crazywriter @irishcelticredflowercrown @millennium

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

Sorry for the delay everyone, I’ve been preparing for my brother’s wedding and battling tonsillitis the past week or so.

Jericho and Brendin merely listened to the various other conversations taking place around them.  Brendin winced at some of Nithel’s words; noticing, Jericho placed a hand on her friend’s shoulder.  She tensed when Malvat’s anger towards the Creator made itself felt.  A look of indignation crossed her features, mixed with annoyance, pity, and sorrow and pain.

The woman came to her feet, her robes flurried about her limbs, and strode over between Malvat and the girl.  Brendin hesitantly followed and stood a little ways behind her.

I see you.  The words were only within her mind as she stared into the reptile’s eyes.  I know the bitterness you taste, the hate you cling to.  She held no disdain, or derision.  Her tone was kind and gentle, far more sorrowful than one might expect when she was addressing someone she barely knew.  I know where it leads.  The wounds won’t heal if you hold on to your resentment.  

Images flashed through her mind, images she didn’t hide.  A young man, embittered and angry beyond reason.  The deep loneliness and self-loathing he carried, the regret that weighed him down.

Your vengeance will kill you in the end.  Is that what you want?

@joelle-stone
    Jericho doesn’t really take well to the kinds of negative emotions that lead to the Dark Side…she’s seen it too many times…

@kimlikesart
    @irishcelticredflowercrown @millennium @this-is-not-an-alien @crazywriter.

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Sorry for the delay everyone, I’ve been preparing for my brother’s wedding and battling tonsillitis the past week or so.

Man that sounds really hectic and busy. I’m sorry about tonsillitis *must hug you, hugs you tightly!* But it’s great about your brother’s wedding!!! <3

“Child,” Malvat purred. “All of us have done things. It’s what your end goal is that matters.”
    That..the wizard had said almost the exact same words. The words snap like a bullet through his head. No, nono calm down. Thus says the Lord who crea–
    “Have you never heard that the ends justify the means? It is true. I know it, for I live it.” he lied. Alessio’s eyes flashed to the dragon, suddenly dead and broken.
    “The end never justifies the means,” His voice was barely under a shout, on the edge of snapping. “You think your cause is worth it and everyone else’s choice is irrelevant. Maybe it started that if you control or manipulate someone for their own good it’s fine. It’s fine if you can save the day, if you can be the hero!
    And then, then you decide if no one gets hurt, you can use people. It’s for your own good and no one gets hurt so it’s fine? But that’s never where it ends, you think as long as no one you love, no one who’s important gets hurt it doesn’t matter if it’s a good cause.”
    Everything was shaky. Everything. He had promised Alessio. He promised.. Alessio’s hands shook staring at the dragon.
    He lied
    And lied
    And lied
    Said anything to taste control
    He laughed, quietly, but it was a raspy dry sound. And he held Malvat’s gaze with a bitter smile.
    “And you judge God for your own crimes…”

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

Alessio shouted, and Nithel felt the tension rising like a flame. Rising beneath the surface, compressing, compressing. He straightened a bit more, mind racing. A simple conversation. It had gotten heated as a town square. Child, I am. 

Alessio.

Nithel’s chest burns but he makes himself stay calm. He doesn’t want to be standing behind Jericho, it meant he blessed her; that he believed and agreed with everything she said. But he didn’t want to move away, to walk away would be to be saying he thought the girl too much work- Not worth staying, and striving for.

And Alessio. He Nithel would stand behind. But again, leaving the girl.

All out war was trying to break out. The castle needn’t do a thing. If the dragon got angry enough. If others chose to attack him.

“I am here for you.” Nithel whispered, unable to read the girl’s eyes, before he pivoted and hurried to stand beside, and slightly behind Alessio. Casting the wolf-thing a wary glance, but not quite afraid.

——————————————

@this-is-not-an-alien

Jominkreesa

Neasa

The dragon spoke to Mayra, his voice devoid of empathy. “Have you never heard that the ends justify the means? It is true. I know it, for I live it.”

It would have been hilarious if Mayra had not been so full of loathing in that moment. Then the boy with the sad eyes spoke up. “The end never justifies the means. You think your cause is worth it and everyone else’s choice is irrelevant. Maybe it started that if you control or manipulate someone for their own good it’s fine. It’s fine if you can save the day, if you can be the hero! And then, then you decide if no one gets hurt, you can use people. It’s for your own good and no one gets hurt so it’s fine? But that’s never where it ends, you think as long as no one you love, no one who’s important gets hurt it doesn’t matter if it’s a good cause.”

She stared at him silently, watching as Nithel moved away after whispering comforting words to her. It did nothing to take away her inner darkness.

Her fists clenched, bunching them up so tight she felt her chipped nails cut into her hands.  “The only one –  I need to look after – is me. No one else – matters.” She met the sad boy’s gaze, hissing. “That – how <i>I</i> survive. Understand? That is – life.”

——-

@this-is-not-an-alien
      @joelle-stone @skylarynn@crazywriter @millennium@kimlikesart

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

Nithel has thoughts, but keeps his mouth shut now, still standing a bit behind Alessio, believing his friend’s answer will be far better for the girl.

Jominkreesa

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

“The end never justifies the means.”

Malvat swiveled his head in the direction of Alessio, who was speaking. Fire danced with his hair.

“You think your cause is worth it and everyone else’s choice is irrelevant. Maybe it started that if you control or manipulate someone for their own good it’s fine. It’s fine if you can save the day, if you can be the hero! And then, then you decide if no one gets hurt, you can use people. It’s for your own good and no one gets hurt so it’s fine? But that’s never where it ends, you think as long as no one you love, no one who’s important gets hurt it doesn’t matter if it’s a good cause.”

Malvat kept his mouth shut, not in the mood for a debate with a foolish mankind who had a life span as short as that of a fly. He was older. He had the wisdom and knowledge. Aka: he was right.

A bitter gaze passed through Alessio’s dark (?) eyes as he finished his speech. “And you judge God for your own crimes…”

The truth of the words hit Malvat hard, but he kept his face expressionless. It was a lot easier when he had a dragon’s snout instead of a mankind’s face. Mankind didn’t read it as well – at all.

The Bloody Mink – her name was Mayra, if he read her thoughts correctly – curled her hands into fists, staring hard at Alessio as she hissed, “The only one –  I need to look after – is me. No one else – matters. That – how I survive. Understand? That is – life.”

“True again,” Malvat broke in, then yawned, making sure his teeth showed. They were half as tall as the shorter mankind. “But I’m weary of this debate. We’re all stubborn enough that none of us will convince the others of our opinion. Besides, wouldn’t it be best for us to work together rather than become divided?”

——————————————————

@kimlikesart
    @this-is-not-an-alien @crazywriter @irishcelticredflowercrown @millennium

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 413 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest