fb

Fantasy Writers

Character Castle

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 1,171 total)
  • Author
    Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

@denali-christianson

In the Fantasy Writers forum, there’s two threads for this stuff.  The Character Castle thread we are currently writing on, where we discuss characters and future ideas and also just chat generally, and the actual Fantasy Character Castle Chronicles no.1 where we write the story about the characters.

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

Thanks my friends I’m not confused anymore (that was a lie) XD

So I’m going to go post on the other thread and then hope I don’t mess up too bad…

"The darkness is seldom complete, and even when it is, the pinprick of light is not long in coming."

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

CATHY THAT WAS A BRILLIANT SUMMARY!!

Oh thank you!! 😂❤️At the end of it I was kinda like “dang all our characters actually did all that here, huh…”

Y’know, reading that Alessio likes Bren so much, I think I’ll just swap Jericho out with someone else rather than both Bren and Jericho.  And I’ve thought of another option for who to swap in: Jango Bastion, an Eya Greycloak (of the Falmarin tribe) that serves under Bren’s uncle Joffrey.  As one of the Greycloaks he’s an extremely skilled (and powerful) archer, since the main purpose of the Greycloaks is to hunt wyverns.  He’s also a proficient dancer and uses the grace and speed he’s developed from dancing to his advantage in combat.  Also, because he’s of the Falmarin tribe, he has Force-sensory abilities.  @joelle-stone Malvat would be able to read his mind; he’s nowhere near as powerful as Jericho, and he can’t do similar feats of healing or telekinesis.

Oh that’ll be fun!! (*assuming Alessio ever works up the nerve to actually say more than two words to Bren…*) Bren’s been a really interesting character to read about!!!
    Oooh bring him in!!!!!

I’m gonna give y’all a short summary of my characters:

Ahhh see all our characters need counseling lol XDD I can’t wait!!
    OH I FORGET TO DESCRIBE WHAT ALL THE CHARACTERS LOOK LIKE!!!
    Ok, so Malvat is mostly black with ivory nostrils and a kinda evilly elegant dragon-physic and his human form has long black hair and white eyes (I think…@joelle-stone?), Brendin has a kinda rugged appearance and dark hair and brown eyes that turn gold when his power is activated and Jericho dresses kinda like a female Obi-Wan and has brown hair and dark eyes, and Lupa has brown hair and dark eyes and Mayra has flaming red hair that kinda covers half her face and pretty mismatched eyes and scars on of her face and along her shoulder and a curly figure with lean muscles and Alessio has dark curly hair, brown-gold eyes and olive skin with Asian-Latin features and a scar across his forehead to his left brow.

There was the food, back on the other side of the cages.

The food was actually a strange conglomeration of people.

LOL I actually snorted reading that!

To be a light to the world you must shine in the darkness.

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

You did great Denali!!

Oh, and now I have to remember what Malvat looks like. Whelp, in dragon form he’s HUGE (like Smaug size), with ebony scales, silver horns like a crown on his head, and silver eyes. His wings are both black, but his talons are silver. In human form, he kinda looks like Thranduil from the hobbit with his same dragon horns, big black dragon wings, black hair, and silver eyes. Does that make sense? XD

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

@this-is-not-an-alien

Brendin has a kinda rugged appearance and dark hair and brown eyes that turn gold when his power is activated and Jericho dresses kinda like a female Obi-Wan and has brown hair and dark eyes,

Where are you getting all the dark hair and dark eyes from!?  Brendin has very pale strawberry-blonde/red hair and pale grey-blue eyes that turn orange on occasion, and Jericho also has blue eyes (though her hair actually is brown).

"Remember, you go nowhere by accident. Wherever you go, God is sending you." - Rev. Peter R. Hale

Skylarynn
    @skylarynn

Exhibit A of Bren’s light hair and eyes:

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@skylarynn

Ack! My bad *facepalms on desk which is conveniently in front of my face enough I can tell it’s a desk 😂😂*

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@joelle-stone

*salutes*

He is back indeed.

Jominkreesa

'Forth now! And fear no darkness!'

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@denali-christianson

You did great!

Jominkreesa

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

@kimlikesart

Except for the leather strap around his neck, that had been real.

Ohhhhh he kept it!!!! That’s a beautiful touch. <3

In all the tales he’d told… The children loved Alessio.

ahhhhhh that so sweet!!!😭😭😭

Kimmi
    @kimlikesart

@this-is-not-an-alien

Thank you! I’m glad you liked it. 🥰

*almost babbles, but will let Nithel and Alessio get re-acquainted instead*

Jominkreesa

Denali Christianson
    @denali-christianson

Hiii guys I’m still alive…

Is it alright if I switch Dominic out for another character of mine who needs development? I know he’s only been in there for a grand total of five minutes, but this other character needs assistance.

Also, quick update, but during my writing I have discovered that Evie is, in fact, not a telepath. However, she’s still remarkably good at guarding her thoughts. She actually doesn’t have powers at all anymore, as my plot decided to mention to me that Evie is actually not an elf.

We absolutely love it when our plots do that. Yes, precious.

Wow I apologize I’m in a weird mood right now!

"The darkness is seldom complete, and even when it is, the pinprick of light is not long in coming."

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Hey guys! I know I haven’t been very active lately, and that’s ’cause life is getting busier and busier. I don’t really have time for very many RPs anymore, since I’m trying to focus on school and my own personal writing. I’m also spending WAAY too much time on my computer and am bowing out of some commitments to make time to spend doing other things.

So… yeah. I’m gonna leave this RP. Y’all can kill Malvat if you want. 😛 It’s been a pleasure, and a great way to develop charries! Good luck with the continuation!! 😀

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Hiii guys I’m still alive… Is it alright if I switch Dominic out for another character of mine who needs development? I know he’s only been in there for a grand total of five minutes, but this other character needs assistance. Also, quick update, but during my writing I have discovered that Evie is, in fact, not a telepath. However, she’s still remarkably good at guarding her thoughts. She actually doesn’t have powers at all anymore, as my plot decided to mention to me that Evie is actually not an elf. We absolutely love it when our plots do that. Yes, precious. Wow I apologize I’m in a weird mood right now!

Ok and ok by me! And lol I totally get the “my character just demanded something new and changed the entire plot from what you thought it was”, such a mood XD

Hey guys! I know I haven’t been very active lately, and that’s ’cause life is getting busier and busier. I don’t really have time for very many RPs anymore, since I’m trying to focus on school and my own personal writing. I’m also spending WAAY too much time on my computer and am bowing out of some commitments to make time to spend doing other things. So… yeah. I’m gonna leave this RP. Y’all can kill Malvat if you want. 😛 It’s been a pleasure, and a great way to develop charries! Good luck with the continuation!! 😀

Oh no!! Just when Malvat was getting spectacularly evil XD. It’s fine, I totally get it, and good luck with your writing!!! (Also I demand you tell me when you finish a book so I can beta read it!!! Pretty please *insert huge puppy eyes*)

Joelle Stone
    @joelle-stone

Aw, thanks Cathy!! (*laughs* Will do!! I’m planning on having one polished up by next Christmas, so if I haven’t tagged you by then come yell at me. XD)

Viewing 15 posts - 946 through 960 (of 1,171 total)
  • The forum ‘Fantasy Writers’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Craft Moving Themes Without Turning Readers Off

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the 2024 Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

Learn How to Write Christian Themes that Resonate

Enter your email to get the worksheet, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

Get Free Writing Resources

Sign up below to gain immediate access to over a dozen ebooks, story worksheets, and action step guides.

Register for the Panel Discussion

Enter your email to claim your free spot at the live event!

Pin It on Pinterest