@the-inkspiller
Active 3 years, 10 months ago-
Hope Ann replied to the topic Prompt War: dream sequence in the forum Announcements 7 years, 9 months ago
Hey, Ereki!
I finished my assignment of writing a dream sequence and have pasted it into the docu above. Now we get to work on it together and make it a masterpiece to carry us to victory. Not quite sure how it goes from here except that we all pitch in. But yeah, go read it. Make comments. Do the thing. XD And above all, remember to laugh and…[Read more]
-
EricaWordsmith replied to the topic Do Teen Guys Cry? (help me out please) in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
Oh help, you didn’t read my book did you?? Yes, that is my MC all the way. He’s 18, and already done far more in his young life to make him an adult than the average 30-year-olds I have ever heard of. He can be a little stoic at times, and yes, he has been through the grinder before the story begins. In the introduction, he is tor…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic CD Week 9: morals/belief system (discussion) in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 9 months ago
For work, health, and social reasons, I was constrained from being active in the guild last week, so I’m going to declare this thread The Place of Continued Discussion for Week 10.
In other words, I’d love to see more of my peeps participating in this discussion about belief’s, because it ties into theme on a very fundamental level and will make…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 9 months ago
*laughs*
Oh, dear me! I love everyone’s take on that last question. XD
Here’s this week’s query:
If you could become any animal for a week, what would it be (and why)?
Me? I would be a cheetah. They are really awesome. Basically, I could sleep most of the time, and if I wasn’t sleeping, I could run REALLY REALLY fast, and that would just be…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic December 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 9 months ago
HALT!
Before proceeding any further into the week, please take a moment to let us into your life. What are you hoping to do this week? How can we pray for and encourage you to live a life well-filled with productivity?
+++
My goals:
Write 30 minutes every day.
Brainstorm my cosmos for at least half an hour every day (actively writing things…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic NaNoWriMo Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 9 months ago
THE FINAL RESULTS ARE IN!
EREKDALE PLACED SECOND IN THE NOVEMBER WORD WAR!!!!
The scores per guild were as follows:
Meraki: 444,991
Erekdale: 355,725
Parimi Alca: 341,235
New Wessex: 253, 287
Avensbeck: 236,146
Rillumen: 234,332
+++
*grins*
I know we’re not supposed to encourage inter-guild blood feuds or anything, but I do find the i…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Prompt War: dream sequence in the forum Announcements 7 years, 9 months ago
Thank you, thank you, thank you, to everyone who has added and submitted to the document. I had a regrettably full, busy, and tiring week/weekend that left no time for any online work. I do apologize greatly for being so remiss as a Guildmaster. It really won’t do for me to go on like this.
But. Here I am. *sigh* So I suppose that’s what truly…[Read more]
-
Catwing replied to the topic NaNoWriMo WORDCOUNTS ONLY in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
@karthmin Okay. You’re welcome.
@sarah-inkdragon @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @allison-grace @ajaj2000 @warrenluther04 @lydia-writes @taaka-merespinner @thetessinator @jose-cuellar-ramirez @bekks2017 @cowlick @ariednelle @lady-frosttongue @mlbolangerauthor Hello Ereki! *waves* We are at the end of a month long war. So if y’all could please…[Read more] -
Karthmin started the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 10 months ago
Herein, I’ll ask a weekly question (weird, wild, or wonderful). Just to keep things fun.
Credit for the idea behind this thread goes to @hope-ann. 😛
Btw, I will be accepting regular submissions for questions that I should ask y’all under this thread. Just go to my profile and message me directly if you’ve got ideas. Or alternatively, email me…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic CD Week 9: morals/belief system (discussion) in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 10 months ago
Ereki,
Because I want to get this up before tooooooo late this evening, I will skimp on my initial comment and just introduce the topic, which is the belief system which your character operates on/approaches life with.
A characters moral beliefs will inform their voice (which we looked at earlier), is usually developed early in life (which…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic December 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 10 months ago
Ereki,
It is the beginning of a new week, and we are once again given the gift and blessing of seven days not yet lived, which we can fill with usefulness and diligence! Let’s do so!
As a small way to help with that, post your goals for this week! If you wish, you can update us about last week’s goals, too. 🙂
+++
My goals this week:
Write 30…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic Prompt War: dream sequence in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
Ereki!
*krees loudly*
Come, my faithful warriors! We are once again summoned to battle! But this time, we fight that giant foe, slumber. Yes, that’s right! We have been tasked with writing a dream sequence – which is to say, quite simply, a scene/short story-ish thing where the character is in a dream.
*rubs hands together* Okay. So. This k…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic New Ereki in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
*adjusts massive Guildmaster fur coat*
Good evening one and all!
Three seekers of truth have wandered into the valley of Erekdale and have been favored by Frank the thunderphoenix! He has brought them to the meeting-place, so that they can find their feet a little bit before venturing into the story-threads of Erekdale and building their own…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic NaNoWriMo WORDCOUNTS ONLY in the forum Announcements 7 years, 10 months ago
Ereki!
The end of the month approaches. The battle has been long and weary, and yet still we fight on. Kree, Kree, Ereki!
+++
When you turn in the number of your slain enemies at the end of the month, please do it here!
+++
@sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic CD Week 8: backstory (discussion part 2) in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 10 months ago
Hey Ereki!
So, last week, we focused on how the backstories for our characters should tie into and effect our character voices. And I think it was a very beneficial discussion, all things considered. We had a lot more involvement than in some of the past weeks, so that made me really excited. I love to see everyone’s thoughts, and if possible,…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic November 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 10 months ago
It’s the last week of November! In fact, by the end of this week, we will have dipped into December, the last month of the year!
And then cometh 2019. O.o
You know what, though? I’m excited about 2019. I’ve experienced a lot of growth over the course of this year. A lot of hardship and some of the most intense troubles of my life so far, and yet…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic CD Week 7: backstory (discussion) in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 10 months ago
Hello Ereki!
I am, once again, famously belated.
*drapes coat over chair back and sits down quickly*
So. A little backstory about why I’m so late tonight…
*coughs*
First, I was at a surprise birthday party for a friend last night after the evening church service, and that’s normally when I prepare my posts for the beginning of the…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic November 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 10 months ago
Hello everyone!
Welcome back to another edition of “Oh No! The Guildmaster is Late!” Subtitled: I Had a Very Busy Weekend.
Post last week’s results and this weeks goals! Don’t be shy!
My results from last week:
Well, first off, I created a Cosmere so I think that just takes the cake. *smiles hugely*
I didn’t do any of the other things on my l…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic CD Week 6: character voice {writing} in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 10 months ago
So… Character Voice.
First, let’s define character voice briefly. This is important because we need to be aware of and distinguish between three different voices here: authorial voice, narrative voice, and character voice.
First, authorial voice is your voice: your humor, your natural patterns of words, your instinctual word choices, and e…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic November 2018 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 10 months ago
New week, new resolve. We’re getting closer and closer to the end of the year, guys. Let’s keep up our motivation to press on, fight well, write better, and keep each other moving.
+++
Last week, I did not get any work done in my WIP (tho I did write some poetry), but I did fulfill my second goal, and I got some more beta-reading done. Pretty…[Read more]
- Load More












