-
R.M. Archer replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 11 months ago
I just want to pop in to echo @zee. This has been a really informative thread thus far. 🙂
And @rebekah-elizabeth, you’re doing a great job of gracefully taking feedback and building a stronger plan! I wish you all the best as you continue to work toward an end result (both with your project and the trajectory of your writing journey in general)…[Read more]
-
R.M. Archer started the topic Sci-Fi Theme Idea in the forum Sci-fi Writers 5 years, 11 months ago
Something I’ve come across a lot of in media recently is AI and the question of whether or not human-like AI counts as “human” or “a person.” It’s something that’s been really thought-provoking for me as I consider it through a biblical worldview, and I’d love to see books or other media written by Christians that explores that theme.
There’s…[Read more]
-
The timing of this is kinda funny because just last night I got a story idea that involved a highly advanced AI that acted like a human. This debate also intrigues me, and I’m thinking about weaving that into my new story idea (when/if I ever get around to a new idea XD ).
-
Ooh! Well, allow me to encourage you to go for it. ;D
-
-
-
Birdman0926 replied to the topic Whats the title of your book and explain it in 3 sentances @Everyone in the forum Sci-fi Writers 5 years, 11 months ago
Hi everyone,
I just joined recently but thought I’d jump right in and introduce myself and my book I’m currently working on. I’m 18 and I enjoy writing (of course), composing music- especially ‘book soundtracks’. I love coming up with new, out of the box plots and ideas for stories as well. I play tennis and enjoy gardening. Right then- my book.…[Read more]
-
Sarahfi replied to the topic Whats the title of your book and explain it in 3 sentances @Everyone in the forum Sci-fi Writers 5 years, 11 months ago
@sam-m Thanks!
-
Sam M replied to the topic Whats the title of your book and explain it in 3 sentances @Everyone in the forum Sci-fi Writers 5 years, 11 months ago
Your story idea is awesome! I would love to read something like that!
Superpowers and time travel are two of my favorite things! Good luck with your story, it sounds super cool!
-
Sam M replied to the topic Whats the title of your book and explain it in 3 sentances @Everyone in the forum Sci-fi Writers 5 years, 11 months ago
Your story idea is awesome! I would love to read something like that!
Superpowers and time travel are two of my favorite things! Good luck with your story, it sounds super cool!
-
Birdman0926 joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 12 months ago
-
Birdman0926 joined the group Sci-fi Writers 5 years, 12 months ago
-
Zee replied to the topic Shouting into the Void in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years ago
Oh. It couldn’t have been that bad, could it? Better luck next time, I hope.
-
Daeus Lamb replied to the topic Shouting into the Void in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years ago
@zee No, no. 😄I took it down.
-
Zee replied to the topic Shouting into the Void in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years ago
Yes, thanks for sharing, @daeus-lamb. Every little bit helps. What’s the name of your novel? Is it still available?
-
Sarahfi replied to the topic Shouting into the Void in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years ago
@zee I feel similar. I’m not published, but marketing feels so nebulous and impossible- shouting into the void. Exactly.
@daeus-lamb Thanks for the resources!
-
Daeus Lamb replied to the topic Shouting into the Void in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years ago
@zee A novel I self-published several years ago was kinda like that. 😄I’ll just name drop my favorite resources on marketing and self-publishing.
. Absolutely anything by David Gaughran.
. Kindleprenuer.com
. It’s been a long time, but I remember Tim Grahl’s book’s standing out.
. The Novel Marketing Podcast!!!
And this is something going on…[Read more]
-
Zee started the topic Shouting into the Void in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years ago
As a recently (self) published author, I’m still trying to get my head around the concept of promoting/marketing my books.
Yes, I’ve sold a few books, but I don’t have a clear plan for how to go about getting them into the hands (or rather, onto the screens) of more readers. So far, all that I have done feels a bit like shouting into the…[Read more]
-
Crazywriter joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years ago
-
Rose Sheffler joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years ago
-
Zee replied to the topic Good Beta Readers Needed (Badly) in the forum Sci-fi Writers 6 years ago
@e-k-seaver, I thought you had in mind more of a “big picture” read…at least that’s what comes to my mind when I hear the term “beta reader.” Unfortunately, I don’t have the time for a line-by-line editing project right now. Sorry to disappoint!
-
Sarahfi replied to the topic Good Beta Readers Needed (Badly) in the forum Sci-fi Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
No professional experience, but I do enjoy that kind of thing. I filled out the form.
-
E. K. Seaver replied to the topic Good Beta Readers Needed (Badly) in the forum Sci-fi Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Sarahfi replied to the topic Good Beta Readers Needed (Badly) in the forum Sci-fi Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
@e-k-seaver I have beta-read once before- I’m not sure if that counts as experience or not. I have written a lot and had several people beta for me. Again, not certain if that counts.
If it does, your story sounds interesting and I’d be happy to read it. I am drowning in college assignments and fifteen million other books that I’m also reading,…[Read more]
- Load More












