@pursuewisdom
Active 2 years, 11 months ago-
Steward of the Pen replied to the topic Guild War : A Happy Ending…Minus the Cliché in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
All right, the first draft is in the doc! Edit away, Parimis!
@j-a-penrose @cassie-hartfinh @julia @anne_the_noob14 @ariella-newheart @pursuewisdom @evelyn @trufflehunter @silverclaw-bonnetfolly
-
eden anderson posted a new activity comment 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom
Really?! That’s so cool! Persuasion is one of Austen’s works I have not read yet, but I love the movie! ❤Yeah, I so agree!! I’ve heard of the John Adams movie, but I haven’t seen it. 🙂
-
Michaela replied to the topic Calling all SCI-FI WRITERS! Idea propositions! in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years, 8 months ago
Maybe “aspiring sci-fi writer” wasn’t the best way to word that.
I dabble. I’m a dabbler. That’s a better way to word it.
I have a lot of ideas for sci-fi/fantasy stories, but I have a hard time picking one and actually writing about it. I’ve written a few scenes for one story in particular, called “Copycat” (pending title), but…[Read more]
-
Julia replied to the topic Guild War : A Happy Ending…Minus the Cliché in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
*finally pops back in after a super long week of high school*
@steward-of-the-pen @cassie-hartfinh @anne_the_noob14 @ariella-newheart @pursuewisdom This sounds amazing! I’m going to be busy today but I’m going to just pop in the document and see if I can make any suggestions 😉
-
anne_the_noob14 replied to the topic I know it's awful XD But can I get some critique anyways? in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@cassie-hartfinh
@esjohnson
@coggleton
@julia
@silverclaw-bonnetfolly
@evelyn
@ariella-newheart
@sarah-vdh
@steward-of-the-pen
@e-jo3
@writercatherine
@thewanderingtypewriter
@jade
@calebonline
@write-owl
@obrian-of-the-surface-world
@pursuewisdom
@azeline-d
@trufflehunter(I will undoubtedly miss tagging someone. I will. I apologize XD )
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Guild War : A Happy Ending…Minus the Cliché in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
Parimis. The first guild war of 2019 has arrived! And I’ve got a good feeling about this one. (As in, we’re going to love it and go crazy.)
Prompt: Write a story with an Unclichéd Happy Ending. (BITTERSWEET ENDINGS DON’T COUNT.)
Word Limit: 2500
Starts: *awkward cough* Apparently Monday 4th EST
Ends: Monday 18th EST
(So s…[Read more]
-
eden anderson posted a new activity comment 7 years, 8 months ago
Okay, I should totally check this lady out! Sounds amazing! 😀
YES!! They should make a movie about her life…although it would drive me CRAZY if they blotched it up. Like portrayed her in the wrong sort of way, if you know what I mean.
Yeah, I’m still trying to learn my craft too. It’s hard…😉
-
@eden-anderson
🙂 Awesome! I’m listening to her reading of Austen’s Persuasion right now.Absolutely correct. I hate it when biopics are made badly. I was really impressed with HBO’s John Adams (2008). Some liberty was taken with facts but overall it was rather accurate and good.
-
-
The Deranged Ninja replied to the topic Calling all SCI-FI WRITERS! Idea propositions! in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years, 8 months ago
Ooh. Phantom Menace. With… DARTH MAUL. Ahem. He’s awesome.
So… a little thing about Thrawn. So… the Thrawn Trilogy is part of the Star Wars Expanded Universe and technically isn’t canon anymore. Since the new movies came out. However there’s a book just called Thrawn and another called Thrawn: Alliances that are canon and act…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Calling all SCI-FI WRITERS! Idea propositions! in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom I’m always here to encourage people to give Nadine’s books a try. 😂 I love them so much. 😛
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Calling all SCI-FI WRITERS! Idea propositions! in the forum Research and Worldbuilding 7 years, 8 months ago
Huh, I don’t think I’ve ever heard someone say that a Nadine book didn’t click with them. 😉 But the books get better as they progress, in my opinion, and the last book is SO. SATISFYING. 😀 (if you like Hawke, then you’ll love the third book 😛 )
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Project Inspire in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom Thank you! 😀
-
Selah replied to the topic Les Miserables…The Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Awesome! Glad you found what you were looking for! Enjoy it, and let us know what you think (and of course, who your fav character is) after you read it. 😀
-
Evelyn started the topic The Year of the Daisy ~ Critique please? (: in the forum Critiques 7 years, 8 months ago
Hey Parimis!
What’s up. (:
Well, I’ve been working on a short story for a contest and I was hoping for some feedback since I don’t write short stories that much.
It’s called The Year of the Daisy and is short (haha, most of my short stories aren’t short but this one had a word limit xD) It’s about 2500 words. Okay 2498. ;P
Anyways, I would…[Read more]
-
J.A.Penrose started the topic Characters | Lesson 4 : The Other Side in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
A lot of the time, characters are written so that they are 100% good or bad. The protagonist is perfect, good looking, and maybe he has mild claustrophobia as a weakness. The villain is evil, kills puppies and shoots up old ladies in his spare time, and maybe every now and then he tortures someone who spilt his coffee instead of killing them.
If…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese started the topic Project Inspire in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Guys. I did a thing. I created a tag.
“Wow!” you say. “You created a tag, that’s so
ordinaryamazing!”😛
Well, yes, it’s a tag. But it’s a little bit different. I started something called Project Inspire. Basically, a mission to spread inspiration, motivation, and appreciation throughout the blogosphere. And if you would like to learn more…[Read more]
-
SeekJustice replied to the topic Les Miserables…The Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
I’ve read Julie Rose’s (I’m sure that’s the name). It was really easy to read (if you’re used to the classics anyway) and it had notes at the back, which I found really helpful/interesting. The one I own is Norman Denny’s, which is supposedly the best, but I haven’t read it, so I can’t really comment.
Julie Rose’s uses fairly…[Read more]
-
Eden Anderson replied to the topic Les Miserables…The Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
No, sorry, I don’t. 😢
-
eden anderson posted a new activity comment 7 years, 8 months ago
@pursuewisdom
*squishes you in a hedge-hug* 😊Yeah, I’m familiar with LibriVox! It’s awesome! I mostly listened to it when I was younger…I should go check it out again.
Yes, Hannah More is like my new historical hero! I love learning about obscure people in history who did amazing things, without all the fame and attention. She was a really…[Read more]
-
Selah replied to the topic Les Miserables…The Book in the forum General Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
I read an unabridged version that I printed off from a nonprofit site, and it seemed like a great + authentic translation! It seems to be translated in 1887, and by Isabel F. Hapgood. If you want to check it out, here is the link:
https://www.gutenberg.org/files/135/135-h/135-h.htm
This is an amazing site, BTW, where you can f…[Read more]
-
Ariella Newheart replied to the topic Check In – January Week 4 in the forum Parimi Alca Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Interesting re:first person. Do you think it’s a matter of it being more immersive?
That’s probably it, or since I’ve used first person in most of my books I have a lot more experience writing that way. 😛
What I Learned: I have difficulty keeping my characters unique, and need to work on this.
I had trouble with t…[Read more]
- Load More












