-
Selah replied to the topic Been Busy in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
Welcome back! š
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic WORD WAR #4 (?) in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
@mairin-atha You can do it daily if you want, but at the end is probably easiest, so I don’t have to do too much maths. 😂
-
Jane Maree started the topic {Story Theory – Week 17} Journaling and Story Writing in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 7 months ago
After reading Brandon’s post this morning, I got thinking about journaling and how that could help with writing well.
Now, I don’t journal. I’ve always loved the idea. My sister does it a lot, and I’ve tried multiple times. I’ve tried everything from an ordinary journal to a fun, artsy bullet journal, but none of them really stick.
So…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic WORD WAR #4 (?) in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN, MEERKATS. The time to draw your pens and write!! Word war time!!!
It’s pretty simple, but here’s the dates of the competition, just so you know.
Between the dates of February 25, 12:00 am, and March 3, 11:59 pm, keep track of how many words you write. There’s a slight change to how we’re going to do the scoring this time…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Been Busy in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
@mairin-atha That’s totally okay, girl! It’s lovely to have you around, but I definitely understand being busy. š
-
Ariel Ashira replied to the topic Been Busy in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
@mairin-atha AHH! I just posted that in my sisters account!!Ā whoops.
-
Selah replied to the topic Been Busy in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
@mairin-atha Okay!Ā we always like having you around!
-
E.B. Raulands started the topic Beyond the Mask in the forum Story Analysis 7 years, 7 months ago
@jane-maree, @selah-chelyah, @jessi-rae, @mairin-atha, @meerkats
The leading mercenary for the British East India Company, WILL REYNOLDS, has just been double-crossed and now is on the run in the American colonies. Working to redeem his name and win back the affections of CHARLOTTE, with whom he’s never been fully truthful, Will now hides behind…[Read more]
-
E.B. Raulands replied to the topic Inside Out in the forum Story Analysis 7 years, 7 months ago
@jane-maree, @selah-chelyah, @jessi-rae, @mairin-atha
All righty, after looking at the other posts, I think the new story analysis thread will be on Beyond the Mask; all those in favor say “aye” and those opposed say “nay” (or at least some other equivalent I’ll be able to distinguish as yes or no XD). -
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Happy Endings but NO CLICHE in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
The results are in. And guess who’s submission somehow stole the crown again??Ā HUZZAH FOR THE MEERKATS!!!
You can check out all the submissions in the doc below. I wasn’t in charge of the formatting this time, so it’s a bit of a mess and you’ll have to pardon that. š I’m still seeing if I can get editing access on the doc so I can smooth it up…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Meraki: the Guild of Awesomeness in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashiraWe’ve got some changes going on…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Forum and guild improvements in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashiraNew stuff is happening folks! š
-
Jane Maree started the topic {Story Theory – Week 16} Writing a Blurb in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 7 months ago
Did I forget to do our ‘weekly’ thread last week?
Yes. Yes I did.
You all have permission to throw tomatoes at me. š
This week, I’m going to have a look at how to write a blurb without all the tears and pain. Unless it’s just me who seriously dreads writing blurbs. 😅
First off, what is your blurb meant to do?
Your blurb is what someone…[Read more]
-
E.B. Raulands replied to the topic Inside Out in the forum Story Analysis 7 years, 7 months ago
@selah-chelyah, @mairin-atha, @jessi-rae, @jane-maree
Okay, so I think I’m leaning towards Joseph King of Dreams, Beyond the Mask, aaand maybe Big Hero 6 for the next thread. What do you think? -
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Happy Endings but NO CLICHE in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashiraOkay all! We have one drafted…[Read more]
-
Selah replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Happy Endings but NO CLICHE in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
Great! š
-
Selah replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Happy Endings but NO CLICHE in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
It is on the first page of this topic, but I will re-paste it here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1quKbHmf7x0fAviskl2qVnBgdZKTm9l291DNM5TJXLUI/edit
-
E.B. Raulands replied to the topic Inside Out in the forum Story Analysis 7 years, 7 months ago
@jane-maree, @selah-chelyah, @jessi-rae, @mairin-atha
Thank-you for responding everyone! So far, the only category I’m not familiar with is Marvel; otherwise, I’m totally up for any of the other suggestions you’ve put forth. š (Also, if anyone’s familiar with the Star Wars franchise, Universal films, or Dreamworks movies, I could probably discuss…[Read more] -
Jane Maree replied to the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Happy Endings but NO CLICHE in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
The deadline is a week away!! We need to make a decision, but it’sĀ so hard to pick! Maybe we can go with whatever someone is willing to volunteer to write.
If you like one of the main ideas and want to write it, go ahead and raise your hand. We don’t want to pick a story then have no one to write a first draft.
Ideally, we’ll have a completed…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {Story Theory (aka: editing, but I’m still in denial and so I’m not changing the title yet) – Week 14} Common Problems to Look for During Your Edits in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 7 months ago
@mairin-atha I too have struggled with all of these and so has pretty much every writer I know so WE’RE NOT ALONE. XD
- Load More












