-
Kimmi joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
kim.vdhelm joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Patience joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Rusted Knight replied to the topic WWI in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
Interesting idea. To help with your kids and story maybe. War in itself is bad. Plain and simple. Kill or be killed. Not something God made us for. Now, I am thinking of becoming a soldier myself and have come to understand something. An unrighteous war is a truly evil war. Think WWII from the Nazi diehard’s view. How can one justify the death of…[Read more]
-
Rusted Knight replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
Well to help your story.
First, the time frame leaves you with Buffalo Bill’s Wild West show in Europe. The Wild Bunch are all dead or in prison. Richard West is the last of this group and was killed last year. Jesse James has been dead since 82. Frank James has been acquitted of all charges and is living quietly. Butch Cassidy and his Wild Bunch…[Read more]
-
Rusted Knight posted an update in the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
Hi! New man here I guess. History is my strong suite so most of my stories end up here. Hope I can help y’all.
-
Rusted Knight joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Eitan started the topic Translated poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 4 months ago
I wrote this pretty long poem today while praying, and I felt like God is speaking through me (please don’t get me wrong,Β by no means claim my poem to be holy!). The original Hebrew poem was of course much better than the translation, with meter and rhyme. Anyway, I do think that God wants me to share it with others. If I encouraged even one of…[Read more]
-
Lizzy joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 5 months ago
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Does anyone want to read this slightly depressing poem? in the forum Poets 6 years, 5 months ago
(Wow, I’m late to this thread…) This poem pretty muchly sums up how I’ve been feeling lately.
As everyone else has said, I have no negative critique. And I totally understand the “not 100% comfortable to share personal poems”… But I’m happy you felt strong enough to share it π
Um… other than those couple thoughts, I don’t…[Read more]
-
Katja R posted an update in the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
Hey guys! I’m new here. My name is Katja and I am working on a WWII story. I haven’t gotten very far because I’ve been pretty busy. π I haven’t written for long and I want to meet some people who can give me tips on writing. I am focusing more on my fantasy story, I posted the first chapter in that group. Let me know if anyone wants to read…[Read more]
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic A Poem, I Guess in the forum Poets 6 years, 5 months ago
Oooh, I really like this! Very nice! π I don’t consider myself to be an expert on critiquing poems, but I see nothing amiss. (And I like the syntax as well π ) Full of emotion and… *makes vague gestures at nothing in particular*… stuff. *nods*
-
Katja R joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
-
Eitan replied to the topic A Poem, I Guess in the forum Poets 6 years, 5 months ago
My English isn’t good enough to actually understand the poem, but I really loved the meter and rhyming!
-
Kendra replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
That’s a cool username. π
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
My username is RedGauntlet
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Old West in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
Okay awesome!
-
emily-maynard posted an update in the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 5 months ago
Hey everyone! I’m working on a story set in Miami FL in the early 60s and am trying to find out about how the foster care system worked back then but the Internet isn’t being helpful. If anyone knows about it I’d really appreciate your help! Specifically how long it took house parents to get approved π
-
The Inkspiller started the topic A Poem, I Guess in the forum Poets 6 years, 5 months ago
I don’t write poetry all that frequently, and I’ll be honest it’s a medium that I struggle to read and understand / appreciate, let alone write competently in. Yet it seems like God has a tendency of speaking through that medium during the darkening nights – of which the last four have felt like some of the longest.
Anyways, out of that long dark…[Read more]
-
The Inkspiller joined the group Poets 6 years, 5 months ago
- Load More












