-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Humanity, A Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
I love it!! Especially, like Gracie was saying, how you gave kinda the mirror image of the verses π
-
Sam M replied to the topic Humanity, A Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
Hi, Anne. π I really liked your poem! I love paradoxes. And I love it when lines in poems contrast and reflect each other -which you did well. Great job on your poem!
-
Eitan replied to the topic Another translated poem (: in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
Thank you very much!
Hmm, I’ve never thought of Hebrew as beautiful, but maybe it’s because I’m used to it π The translation is excellent in general, but sometimes it does’t get all the details.
-
Emberynus The Dragonslayer replied to the topic Another translated poem (: in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
Sorry I just now saw this. This is beautiful! your poetry is so vivid and full of emotion. I love it! π
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Another translated poem (: in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
@eitan That’s so cool! I really wish I could hear it in the original Hebrew. It’s a beautiful sounding language, in my opinion.
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Humanity, A Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
@eitan Thank you! I understand not liking free verse. I know several people who don’t even accept it as poetry. But that’s the beauty of writing and words… everyone can choose the style they love and that works to get their words flowing into something amazing. I do love the freedom of free verse… it’s aptly named. XD
-
Eitan replied to the topic Humanity, A Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
Your poem is really good!
Personally I don’t like free verse (when writing in Hebrew, I always use strict rhyme and meter, and usually, some music is playing in my head π ), but it definitely has its own advantages – and you used them excellently! Without rhyme and meter that narrow your available words, you can use richer…[Read more]
-
Eitan replied to the topic Another translated poem (: in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Humanity, A Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
My poems are half for fun or when I get an idea and half spilling my heart out on the paper. π
My sketch is just of a girl in a newsboy cap. She looks slightly like me, so I wanted to use it for my profile.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Humanity, A Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
Yes, I free-verse. (:
I don’t really do poetry for fun. It’s always over deep internal conflict or joy.
I’ll look for something for you. (:
What’s your sketch of?
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Humanity, A Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 1 month ago
Thank you! Ooh, you do free-verse too? Would you mind sharing some?
Yeah, my profile wasn’t my own work. I do have a sketch I want to use as my profile pic, but I still haven’t loaded it onto my laptop yet. π
-
Gracie replied to the topic Humanity, A Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 2 months ago
Your poem was good!
I really like how you went back and gave the same picture, from a different point of view.
I write free-verse too.
(: I was going to ask if you’d drawn your profile, then I read your tag. It’s pretty!
-
Anne of Lothlorien replied to the topic Another translated poem (: in the forum Poets 6 years, 2 months ago
@eitan *hugs* Um, are you a hug person? I am. Sorry if you’re not. π Just wanted to let you know you are not alone and never will be.
What language is this translated from? Is English not your first language? Where are you from? If you don’t mind me asking…
-
Anne of Lothlorien started the topic Humanity, A Poem in the forum Poets 6 years, 2 months ago
Hey, so I’m ‘new’ here. I was on the forum a long time ago and am just now getting back on… So I decided to join the poetry forum group and… here’s an offering for y’all. I wrote this free verse called ‘Humanity’. It’s really short and simple; any critiques and suggestions for improvement would be appreciated! Thanks y’all!Β Just gonna tag…[Read more]
-
Anne of Lothlorien joined the group Poets 6 years, 2 months ago
-
WanderingFay joined the group Poets 6 years, 2 months ago
-
Zee joined the group Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 2 months ago
-
Gracie started the topic Chena’s Story Chpt. 1 in the forum Historical Fiction Writers 6 years, 2 months ago
@zee
<p style=”text-align: left;”>no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>I</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>She was only six, and yet her world was about to crumble.</p>
<p style=”text-align: left;”>The childβs chest steadily rose and fell, her coarse sheets just barely b…[Read more]-
Thanks for sharing the beginning of your story, Gracie! You’ve certainly got a dramatic opening and a lot of vivid, in the moment description. Well done. The one thing I’d watch for is to be sure you stay in Chena’s POV throughout the scene. That doesn’t mean you have to keep it for the entire story, or even the entire chapter, but the current…[Read more]
-
Thank you.
I can just imagine Eitan, (the one reading it for historical accuracy), giving me a knowing look, /Haven’t heard //that// before, have you?/ Ahh well, need to work on that…
I emailed you…though my email was having trouble a few weeks ago. I’d like to check to make sure it went through? I’d love to read your next chapter!
-
-
-
Zee replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 2 months ago
I’m new, so I hope you all don’t mind me jumping in to comment. Just wanted to say thanks to you, Rebekah, for being so willing to share your struggles and questions, and for having the humility to take even the painful advice in the spirit it’s meant. And to the rest of you, thanks for sharing your wisdom! I’ve also recently self-published…[Read more]
-
JasonKarpf posted an update in the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 2 months ago
Hello, fellow nerds. I just signed a book deal with Elk Lake Publishing for my Christian sci-fi novel, Brimstone 1. I teach marketing at Christian universities around the country. Looking forward to connecting and learning in this group.
- Load More












