-
Jenwriter17 replied to the topic NaNoWriMo 2018 in the forum Avensbeck Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
@libby Yay for nano freshmen! 😀 (I added you to my buddy list 😉 )
@storyjoy Yes, next year! 😀
@christianna-hellwig I added you to my list too 😉 I know you can conquer nanowrimo this year! 😀
-
Faith Blum started the topic The New Guild Page! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Avensers Assemble!
Story Embers has a new page. It’s called the Guilds page and it has the Guild Logos and who has won each of the wars. If you click on the logo, you will see a little bio of each of the guilds. You can find it here: https://storyembers.org/guilds/.
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hel…[Read more]
-
Jenwriter17 started the topic NaNoWriMo 2018 in the forum Avensbeck Writing Discussions 7 years, 11 months ago
Hello, Avensers! 😀
So…NaNoWriMo is just around the corner, and I’m getting more excited with each passing day! 😀
Are any of you doing NaNo? If so, do you wanna be buddies on the nano site? 😉
And this is my first time doing nano, so any tips would be much appreciated. 🙂
@faith_blum @martina @storyjoy @dragon-geek @milennium-m @h-jones @chr…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Word War #3 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Avensers assemble!
It’s time for a word war. If you’re new to this event, a word war is where you will keep track of all of your fiction writing and next Tuesday evening, you will report your word counts. Then I will gather all of those counts and report our total and see how we stacked up against the rest of the guilds.
What counts toward the…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Weekly Goals #22 in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 11 months ago
Howdy, ever’body! I hope your goals went well last week. What are your goals for this fine week?
Mine are to finish the General and Outlining sections of my outline and send out my blog tour info.
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Topic #20: Story Structure, the Hook in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
Good morning, Avensers! (Side note: every time I see that word, I want to say “Avengers Assemble!” or something like that)
Today, I am going to start a series on story structure. Because that’s what I’m learning a lot about right now. All of this information is coming from my notes from reading Structuring Your Novel by K.M. Weiland.
The first…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack replied to the topic Farewell from Your Guildmaster in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker @h-jones @storyjoy @bookcrazygirl
All right Avensers. @faith_blum is officially in charge!…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack replied to the topic Farewell from Your Guildmaster in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker @h-jones @storyjoy @bookcrazygirl
All right Avensers. @faith_blum is officially in charge!…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack replied to the topic Guild War #6 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
The results came in!
*drum roll*
And the winner is…
Meraki!
So. We didn’t win, but it made me incredibly happy to see you all work together. 🙂 It was one of the best guild wars to watch. Good job with collaborating, and I wish you better luck next time. 🙂 *claps for you* *hands out chocolate to prepare you for the next war*
Here is the…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum replied to the topic Hi! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@fawxofthecomics Thanks for the warning. 😉
@sleepwalkingmk Thank you for the welcome! And for letting me know what you call yourselves. I started writing as soon as I possibly could and haven’t looked back since. I Independently published my first book almost 5 years ago. I’ve grown in so many ways since then.
Some of my favorite books. Yeah,…[Read more]
-
Faith Blum started the topic Hi! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Hello, Avensbecklings! (Or whatever you call each other)
I’m Faith Blum and am looking forward to being your new guildmistress. I’m not sure what all you want to know about me, so feel free to ask whatever you’d like. I’m looking forward to getting to know you all!@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellw…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack started the topic Topic #19: Remembering in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
Hey Avensers!
Since this is the last theme topic I’m posting before stepping down as Guildmaster, I thought I’d share something that I think is important to every writer’s journey.
Sometimes it seems like we’ll never accomplish our dreams as writers. It feels like that draft will never be finished, we’ll never fix our biggest writing mistake,…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack replied to the topic Guild War #6 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherined @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @Kay @storyseeker @h-jones @storyjoy @bookcrazygirl
Ok guys! Last chance to look it over your story. I’m…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack started the topic Farewell from Your Guildmaster in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Hey Avensers!
I come bearing rather sad news. This is my last week as your guildmaster. 🙁
I absolutely hate saying goodbye. I love interacting and hanging out with you all and will miss this guild terribly. But my relationships, other Story Embers tasks, writing, school, and work demand my time and effort, and I can’t do everything I w…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack started the topic Weekly Goals #21 in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 11 months ago
@fawxofthecomics @martina @dragongeek @sleepwalkingmk @sam-kowal @christianna-hellwig @natalie-marie @gabrielle @jenwriter17 @law0413 @libby @child-of-god @katherineh @serenity @brookewolf @millennium-m @miriam-smith @anna_b_cole @dekreel @kay @storyseeker @h-jones @storyjoy @bookcrazygirl
Hey friends! Did you accomplish your goals last week?…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack started the topic Topic #18: Symbolism in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 12 months ago
My goodness. It’s been forever since I’ve started one of these. Sorry ’bout that. *looks sheepish*
This week’s discussion is on symbolism because I’ve run out of ideas for our theme 😂.
Symbolism can be a rather vague, mysterious topic, so I thought I’d share an article I wrote on that covers the subject. Here’s the link:…[Read more]
-
storyjoy replied to the topic Guild War #6 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 12 months ago
*whispers* Guys, just something I suddenly thought of, Da Vinci would be speaking some older form of Italian, right? Not English? 😛
@sleepwalkingmk @bookcrazygirl @storyjoy @jenwriter17 @dragongeek @law0413 @libby @miriam-smith @katherineh @brookewolf @christianna-hellwig @millennium-m
-
H. Jones replied to the topic Guild War #6 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 12 months ago
Alright! So it sounds like the final vote is Future DaVinci! Let’s hop to writing, yes? The deadline is next Monday so we’s gotta be quick, my writer friends *thumbs-up*
@sleepwalkingmk @bookcrazygirl @storyjoy @jenwriter17 @dragongeek @law0413 @libby @miriam-smith @katherineh @brookewolf @christianna-hellwig @millennium-m Anyone up for s…[Read more]
-
Gabrielle Pollack started the topic Weekly Goals #20 in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 12 months ago
*comes back after a few days* *is blown away by all the notifs*
Man, you guys have been busy! 😊 It makes me happy to see you all chatting and bouncing ideas off each other in the Guild War thread. 😁
Anyway, how did last week’s goals go? Did you accomplish anything? What are your goals for this week?
For the new peeps: I’m not sure if I…[Read more]
-
H. Jones replied to the topic Guild War #6 in the forum Announcements 7 years, 12 months ago
@christianna-hellwig Okay, new favorite idea. I like it. Plus, yeah, it being from the perspective of the Mona Lisa does seem like that’d be what people initially go for. It’d be especially funny for DaVinci to have a conversation with the little boy. Who doesn’t like his painting. Just imagine. xDD
- Load More












