-
R.M. Archer replied to the topic Blogging suggestions ? in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 5 months ago
@emma-walker I’ve used WordPress for years and it works great for me. 🙂 I have one blog (my primary, writing-related blog) that’s hosted through Black Chicken Host and a handful of smaller blogs that I have hosted for free on WordPress.com.
-
Emma Walker replied to the topic Blogging suggestions ? in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 5 months ago
Thanks @jenwriter17
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Blogging suggestions ? in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 5 months ago
That’s awesome that you’re starting a blog! 😀 I personally use WordPress (hosted by Bluehost) which has worked out really well so far (but I know of people who use Squarespace as well). One of my biggest tips, especially since you’re planning on blogging about your author journey, is to do some branding. Figure out what defines…[Read more]
-
Emma Walker started the topic Blogging suggestions ? in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 5 months ago
So I thought this would fit here in this group.
I am planning on starting a blog called Behind the Book, where I will share my life behind the books I plan to publish as well as other rndm and weird stuff.So I was wondering if bloggers could give their advice and suggestions?
Idk what website I should use. I know that there’s WordPress, and G…[Read more] -
Emma Walker joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 5 months ago
-
Katherine Baker joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 6 months ago
-
Cassandra Blenkin started the topic Hello there! in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 5 years, 6 months ago
Greetings everyone!
I’m endeavoring to rewrite my spy novel into something bearable. You know during the early 2000’s when everyone was writing spy novels? My 14 year old self was right there with them! However, the story and the characters are very near and dear to my heart, so I figure I owe them a second chance. I feel like interacting with…[Read more]
-
Cassandra Blenkin joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 5 years, 6 months ago
-
Emma Walker joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 5 years, 7 months ago
-
MyClipboardIsMyViolin replied to the topic Shouting into the Void in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 8 months ago
Hrm. The first step to stop shouting into the void is to realize that you are not in a void. You need to go out and grab some people. This is why I like Twitter because I can just follow and retweet and respond to the people I want, and then find out from them what social media content to produce to keep them around.
But who should you invite to…[Read more]
-
MyClipboardIsMyViolin replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 8 months ago
@taylorclogston I’m taking notes. That’s definitely good stuff for Amazon publishing that I appreciated reading.
Mostly the approach I’ve been taking is to build my social media platform and website before publishing any books, because that’s the approach that I feel comfortable with – I want to publish my books to an audience.
But it is a LOT…[Read more]
-
MyClipboardIsMyViolin joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 8 months ago
-
Erynne joined the group Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 5 years, 8 months ago
-
Inklingflame replied to the topic Hi 🙂 in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 5 years, 9 months ago
Hello everyone! I know my name is confusing, but you can call me Mia (inkling, or flame, or whatever). If any of y’all are in the fiction then you know they talk a ton (well more then we do 🤣) Maybe everyone here is an introvert. Anyway, I’m brand new to writing contemporary fiction, but I love the idea and I have a story idea!
I do have a qui…[Read more]
-
Danielle Ansiel joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Bethany joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 5 years, 9 months ago
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 9 months ago
@rebekah-elizabeth You’re quite welcome! Glad to be of help. 🙂
-
Rebekah.Elizabeth replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 5 years, 9 months ago
@josiah Thank you for the advice! I appreciate all that you do for SE members, and, though I don’t often have time to be active on the SE forum, the influence you and the other staff members have had on me over the past few months through the podcast, summit recordings, and emails has been invaluable. Thank you so much!
-
Mischievous Thwapling replied to the topic Short Story: In a Mother’s Arms in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 5 years, 10 months ago
AWWWW!! That was so sweet! The poem at the beginning was a very beautiful and nice touch. The mother/daughter relationship… Awww…
I believe it would be best punctuation wise to cut the comma, replace it with a period, then make the h in He lowercase. Like this: “I’ve got to go,” he said into the phone. (I bolded the c…[Read more]
-
Thanks! I’ve never liked/been good at grammar:) It’s going to be the death of me someday! I definitely need grammar help 😂 I usually don’t get upset when I get critiques, so no worries here. I’d rather you say something then keep it to yourself anyway;)
-
Same here!!
Yay, I’m so glad! Thank you SO much for letting me read it! It was wonderful.
-
-
Mischievous Thwapling joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 5 years, 10 months ago
- Load More












