-
kim.vdhelm joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Where do I go from here? in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
OOOooooooo ok so I really love this?? That was really good!! 😀 😀
As far as suggestions go, I agree with what Claire already said about the different questions you could ask yourself. And reading through it again, Judy hit me as someone who could be pivotal, if you wanted her to be. She seems like she could know things. 🙂
Great job!! 😀
-
Chalice joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
@chalice YAY! You’re in this group too! *high-fives* 😀
-
Aw, yeah, sister! *insert secret handshake* 😉
-
Um… sort of? I have an idea in my head for a few contemporary stories. But only really one that I actually have enough of an idea to start outlining or drafting. I’ll have to mosey over to the thread you started and tell you about it. 🙂
-
Yeah, same. 😄 I have all kinds of ideas for contemporary stories but I’m not really working on any right now.
Yes, please do! I’d LOVE to hear all about it! 😊
-
-
-
Arindown replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
@wolverinerm Your story sounds amazing.😆 I think you totally found a hole in storytelling that needs to be filled. Keep it up.
I have actually never heard the song Mayberry, but the old TV Andy Griffith show was set in a little town called Mayberry.😊 I love normal, yet interesting country life (being a small-town girl) and I want to show that in…[Read more]
-
luciusbraun joined the group Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
WolverineRM replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
I think it ate my post, second try 😝
Oh boy *rubs hands together* Thanks for this, @eden-anderson!!
My WIP, currently in the self-edit stage and 73k words, is Stop the Rain: Never Leave a Fallen Comrade. It’s the story of a teenage US Army MP (military police) during the heat of Iraq: growing up—joining the Army—getting deploye…[Read more]
-
Claire replied to the topic Where do I go from here? in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
*applause*
First of all, I love this. (One reason being that I’m a violinist) So cool. Great job!
Now for suggestions… Maybe just ask yourself some questions. Who is Liz? Does she work for herself? Is she a paid assassin? The member of a secret society? An undercover agent? Who is the man she shot? How does killing people make her feel? Is she…[Read more]
-
Arindown replied to the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
Saw this thread and thought, “Man, I need to go join that group.”😆 So here I am.
Your story sounds amazing, and looks like it has tons of potential for really moving scenes (everyone’s favorite😊).
I don’t know if anyone has read the Mitford Series…it’s about a whimsical little “normal” country town. My contemporary stories a…[Read more]
-
Arindown (Gracie) joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Eden Anderson started the topic What Is YOUR Story About? in the forum Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
Hey guys! It seems like things are a little dead around here, so I thought maybe I’d try and help resurrect this forum. And seeing how writers seem to enjoy talking about their stories more then anything else…it seemed like a fitting topic to pursue. 😂
So, what is your current contemporary fiction project about? Do you have a title for it? And…[Read more]
-
It sounds really good. (:
-
@kimlikesart Aw, thanks! 🙂
-
-
-
Vic started the topic Where do I go from here? in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
Hello!
I haven’t been on SE for quite awhile, but after taking a creative writing class this past semester I thought I’d jump in again.
Soooo, this was a random scene knocking around in my mind that I couldn’t get rid of and I thought I’d post and see if y’all had any suggestions for it, or for where it could go because literally this is all…[Read more]
-
Oh. My Goodness. I love this!! I love thrillers, (my favorite genre), so this is up my alley! How much have you written so far? I would love to read more!
-
@theswordinthebook This is all so far! I have a few ideas for where it could go, but nothing is settled yet.
-
-
Vic joined the group Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Patience joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Patience joined the group Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
claire joined the group Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Lizzy joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Lizzy joined the group Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Lizzy joined the group Contemporary Fiction Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
-
Selah replied to the topic Any Fellow “Sherlock Holmes” Fans Out There? *raises hand* in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
*waves hand frantically*
I do! I looove Sherlock Holmes- some of my fav writing EVER. 🙂
I really like the Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce movies. Really well done in my opinion, especially compared to some of the new ones that aren’t really my fav. XD
-
A.N. Parker replied to the topic Any Fellow “Sherlock Holmes” Fans Out There? *raises hand* in the forum Mystery/Suspense/Thriller Writers 6 years, 4 months ago
LOL! 😂
Ahhh. Yeah, that makes sense. I’m not a fan of that at all. I have a character of a Sherlock Holmes fan-fiction who is also the sister of Sherlock (Aylen Holmes) who has a lot of deductive power/skill, but she has an equally big mental flaw to combat that, haha.
Awesome to see a fellow Holmesian!
- Load More












