Fantasy Writers

Wingfeather Saga 5th book RP

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Kylie Wingfeather
    @kylie-wingfeather

Sylvie sighed as she scrambled up to a high branch. Why, oh why, did she have to be so shy around people she didn’t know! She stared out at the group of people, trying to remember who those two boys were. She knew Larnik had been friends with them for a while, and that they had even come over to the farm once. She hadn’t met them because she had hidden herself in her room. Then Sylvie almost fell out of the tree as she realized who they were. The Throne Warden and the High King of Anniera, people from her true home. Sylvie then jumped again as a voice drifted up to her. “Syl-vie! Sylvie! Where are you?” The young girl sighed again. Larnik was looking for her, and chances were that he would have the Warden and the King with him.

Kylie Wingfeather
      @kylie-wingfeather

I guess everyone has run out of creative juice?

Mischievous Thwapling
        @mischievous-thwapling

@kylie-wingfeather

I guess so, lol!  Part of the reason I stopped was b/c I didn’t know how to proceed… Would you like me to write a post where Kalmar says Hi to Sylvie to kinda get the story moving? Or what do you think? 😀

"May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks." ~Gandalf

Kylie Wingfeather
          @kylie-wingfeather

I guess you could. And also: Don’t worry! Sylvie will get over her shyness eventually, it just might take a while. And the plot. What should we do? I’ve had a couple of ideas:

1. Bonifer Squoon/Spidifer isn’t dead and wages war (again) on the free peoples of Aerwiar.
            2. An unknown villain starts ravaging Skree and the Wingfeathers, Sara Cobbler, Oskar Reteep, and Sylvie head over to help Maraly and Gammon (aka Shadowblade and the Florid Sword.) with him/her/it.

So, what do y’all think? Number one or two? Personally, I like 1 better, but each to his or her own preference.

Mischievous Thwapling
            @mischievous-thwapling

Oooh, I like the Bonifer Squoon/Spidifer idea I suppose.  But the helping Shadowblade and the Florid Sword also sounds really fun.  What do the rest of you think?

"May the wind under your wings bear you where the sun sails and the moon walks." ~Gandalf

Joelle Stone
              @joelle-stone

Yep, I have no idea how Gammon & Maraly are supposed to meet up with everyone in the Hollows, so I’m just kinda waiting. Although I do kind of want to be Arundelle… @wingiby-iggiby, aren’t you Artham? So we’d be acting together again (which I’m fine with if you are). 🙂

@kylie-wingfeather

We could do both ideas: Bonifer Squoon is the unknown villain who starts ravaging Skree. Although I kinda feel like Squoon didn’t survive the trolls… :/ Ooh! We could end up in Plonst! Maybe Oood is having trouble and we have to help him? Or maybe the trolls migrate to Skree for some reason?

"A writer's life consists of either writing their book or thinking about writing their book." ~?

Mischievous Thwapling
                @mischievous-thwapling

@joelle-stone

(read in deep, slow voice, like one a troll would have) Thwapling think that very good think!!  Very good think.  Thwapling like it.

Wingiby Iggiby
                  @wingiby-iggiby

He he, yeah, here I am now 😀

THE JUNGLES OF PLONST NEED TO BE EXPLORED. Also, Podo was there once…. but how did he get out?… Maybe they could uncover something about Podo there, but I have no idea what it might be….

@joelle-stone

Yes! I’m Artham 😉 You can be Arundelle, totally! 😀

And I hope we can get Gammon and Maraly back with the gang! Maybe they could be invited to Anneira or something, maybe for a wedding or just for a big party, lol

We both started laughin' when the sky started to rain -- Get Along

Kylie Wingfeather
                    @kylie-wingfeather

Another brainstorm:

What if there is an undiscovered island somewhere out in the Dark Sea of Darkness and while the Wingfeathers are sailing (maybe the boat could be called the Silverstar II? :)) and they spot it? Ooh! Maybe there are some magical creatures there? What do y’all think?

Kylie Wingfeather
                      @kylie-wingfeather

Ahhhhh! I! Have! The! Best! Idea! What if when Yurgen ate Podo, he swallowed him whole, and when the evil dragon melded with Gnag/Davion, Podo was still alive, then when Yurgen was just a skin Podo was able to tear his way out and swim to the mysterious island! We could have Podo Helmer again!

Mischievous Thwapling
                        @mischievous-thwapling

@kylie-wingfeather

Another great idea!! Though what if we combined that with some of the other ideas?  Like if we do one of the other ideas above, and they discover that island?  So we would still have the possible Bonifer Squoon and Oood idea, and so they’re helping/taking care of that, but while they’re sailing to get there, they stumble across that island?  Y’know how books can have multiple things going on?  It could be kinda like that 😛  But, that was just a rambled suggestion.  I’ll do whatever, ’cause with you guys, anything we do is gonna be fun!

Wait!  Just saw your new idea!! That sounds cool, let me read it then give my thoughts!

Mischievous Thwapling
                          @mischievous-thwapling

@kylie-wingfeather

Hmmm, the Podo idea is intriguing, though I kinda want to leave his sacrifice alone.  I mean, after all, he died to save everyone he loved and everybody in the Green Hollows, and so forth.  I feel as if us making him alive would take away his act of love, but y’know, we can do whatever 😛 It would be fun to have Podo again.

Audra E. S.
                            @backwardslivewriter

Umm.. Sorry for being late.. But I just joined Story Embers, and can I pop in?

• This reply was modified 4 days, 17 hours ago by Audra E. S..

I am not a stone. I am not unaffected. I am flesh and bone, affected by the love you rain down on me- ?

Audra E. S.
                              @backwardslivewriter

I would like to be Sara, but I can throw in my imagination and create-I don’t know yet, someone… Two characters each after everyone’s chosen one, right?

I am not a stone. I am not unaffected. I am flesh and bone, affected by the love you rain down on me- ?

Joelle Stone
                                @joelle-stone

@backwardslivewriter,

Great summary of The Warden & the Wolf King! And yeah, I think you can join and be Sarah. We kinda need more peoples. 🙂

"A writer's life consists of either writing their book or thinking about writing their book." ~?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 80 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
                                Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Sign up below to learn how to ace story structure.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Discover What Readers Secretly Want

We asked 300+ readers what elements rivet them to a story and which turn them off.

Enter your email to get the scoop!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You've Got Cliches in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a four-step process for ripping cliches out of your novels.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Authentic Characters Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

You can download the entire Evoking Reader Empathy series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to craft characters readers can actually relate to.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Pin It on Pinterest