fb

Fantasy Writers

Audio Cinema

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 140 total)
  • Author
    Brian Stansell
    @obrian-of-the-surface-world

@this-is-not-an-alien

Hi Cathy,

It should also work with One Drive.  Do you have an online drive? The principle is the same.  Just make the link shareable.

Or you can email it to Rose and she can post it for you.

Brian Stansell (aka O'Brian of the Surface World)
    I was born in war.
    Fighting from my first breath.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Hi Cathy, It should also work with One Drive.  Do you have an online drive? The principle is the same.  Just make the link shareable. Or you can email it to Rose and she can post it for you.

lol, thank you! I’ll look into One Drive but I think I will take you up on your offer @rose-colored-fancy and email it to you for now. Thank you so much!!

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

Okay! Here you go!

Cathy

Burn Chronicles, tweenlogue before Chapter 1 of Book 1

115 words (1:28 minutes)

Audio: Audio

Text:

Rule 1 of magic: Gifteds are formed by Deep magic; the normal rules of magic do not apply
    to them…

What is a soul? Some loose animation of the senses apart from emotion and intelligence?
    An analytical organ of preconceived rightness and wrongness somehow tied to identity? Or
    something…more?

He folded a paper doll, murmuring backwards as he worked, wizard spells inking
    through the fragile mote of shattered, soaked and dried wood making up burnished brown
    parchment. Paper dark eyes reflected light lifelessly as the pieces pulled together. Curling
    paper twisted into shape, with spindly parchment hair. A tiny red set of origami-like
    feathers netted in a small quiver for the soulless doll. Years ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Can I just say your voice is the prettiest thing ever!? It’s so lovely and your reading totally gave me shivers! The kind of whispery tone made it kinda creepy but awesome! Your voice acting was marvelous and I loved the… sounds in the background. (Sounded like you humming and a clock ticking? Very awesome!!)

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Rose.

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

Can I just say your voice is the prettiest thing ever!? It’s so lovely and your reading totally gave me shivers! The kind of whispery tone made it kinda creepy but awesome! Your voice acting was marvelous and I loved the… sounds in the background. (Sounded like you humming and a clock ticking? Very awesome!!)

Wow thank you! <3 (it was that obvious I was the one humming 😂😂😂? (even tho I found a lot of background music and could’ve used that but nooo I just had to use a tune from a song I wrote for my WIP a while back…)) (It was a lamp! That I was tapping with my pen. Because it made such an awesome ting ting! and that was so fun to tap it had such an interesting noise and i’m gonna shut up now oh but also I’m so glad it sounds like a clock that’s exactly the imagery I wanted!!!!!)

Thank you so so much! And I love listening to your voice too and it fits your scenes so well! <3 <3 <3

Don't let the voices in your head drive you insane;only some of them can drive; most are underage

Brian Stansell

@this-is-not-an-alien

Cathy,

That is a beautiful piece of writing! Your delivery was powerful, and sweet, yet with a subtext of slight sinister… 😉
    I knew you could pull this off!  Bravo!  [Applause!] Bravo!
    The image of the wizard “designing” and contemplating his “doll” creation is subtle and has the underlying creepiness, in that he/she (the wizard) is truly not certain what the essence of “soul” truly is.  The paper folding we can visualize in your quiet delivery of the lines.  Your tones tell the story, even as much as the text does.
    The background effects of the quiet, contemplative humming and the ping-ping tapping give rhythm and a mysterious kind of music to the scene.
    You should do more of these.  You and Rose coordinate it together.
    I love the evocative nature and the poetic verses of it.
    And the images…
    “spindly parchment hair”
    “origami-like feathers”
    “soulless doll”
    Great work! Thank you for joining in the fun!  Looking forward to hearing more of your work.  You have a great future in this!
    Again,…Bravo! Encore! Encore!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by Brian Stansell. Reason: missing a word

I was born in war.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

Wow thank you! <3 (it was that obvious I was the one humming  ? (even tho I found a lot of background music and could’ve used that but nooo I just had to use a tune from a song I wrote for my WIP a while back…)) (It was a lamp! That I was tapping with my pen. Because it made such an awesome ting ting! and that was so fun to tap it had such an interesting noise and i’m gonna shut up now oh but also I’m so glad it sounds like a clock that’s exactly the imagery I wanted!!!!!)

Ooh, that’s so cool! (LOL, I just guessed it was you XD) I was wondering if you had a clock in the room but it sounded purposeful! It’s such a cool sound, it gave the whole reading more texture!

I looked for music for my audio but quickly lost patience XD

I loved it! I’d love to hear more pieces! (I really want to know how you read the accents, especially Meira’s because hers sounds so cool!!)

Thank you so so much! And I love listening to your voice too and it fits your scenes so well! <3 <3 <3

Aww, thank you! <3<3

Without darkness, there is no light. If there was no nighttime, would the stars be as bright?

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien
    Okay, lemme answer these!

1. Is there anything that stood out to you as intriguing about this scene?

The sense of doom and kind of sinister mood! It was reallyy cool and made me wonder who that was and what was going on.

2. What would you say the mood was of this scene?

Kinda creepy and mysterious!

3. What character(s) in this scene would you like to know more about?

I really do want to know who that character is and what they’re going to do and why they’re doing… that.

4. Which character, if any, do you feel the most empathy toward in this scene alone?

Not that dude! He kinda freaks me out XD

5. Which of the following, as a reader, do you wish I had developed more fully in this scene?

a. Setting

b. Character thoughts and motivations

c. Character appearance and/or mood expressions

Well, the scene isn’t meant to convey any of the above. The scene is meant to set up mystery for the future, and it accomplished that magnificently!

6. Do you feel that the dialogue in this scene flows or is mechanical and stilted?

There’s no dialogue, so this doesn’t apply 😉

7. Did you learn something in this scene that you wondered about in a previous scene?

Well, there were no previous scenes, so… nope!

8. Did this scene make you want to read more scenes? (Why or why not?)

YES! It sets up a lot of mystery and I’m pretty sure that might be a villain? I do want to know what’s going to happen after and what that guy has to do with the story.

9. Is there any part of the scene that you personally felt did not belong?

You basically had three sections. The first rule, the bit about souls, and the last part. All three worked together excellently and this bit accomplished the purpose of a prologue without bogging it down at all! Great job!

10. Is there a particular part of the scene that stood out to you as your favorite? (Why?)

The imagery and word choice was excellent! “Fragile, shattered wood” was an especially good one! The entire passage sounds kind of…. Your use of textural words made it feel… crinkly? I don’t know how else to describe it, but there were a lot of tactile words and it gave a sense of fragility to the scene. I loved it!

11. What, if anything, would you change about this scene to make it more interesting to you?

Nothing, actually! I loved it!

12. Is there something in the author’s audio reading of the scene that you picked up on that you might not have noticed if you had just read the text alone silently to yourself?

The rhythm in the background and the whispery tones and the kind of distant humming altogether gave the scenes so much life!! It was fabulous!

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

That is a beautiful piece of writing! Your delivery was powerful, and sweet, yet with a subtext of slight sinister… I knew you could pull this off!  Bravo!  [Applause!] Bravo! The image of the wizard “designing” and contemplating his “doll” creation is subtle and has the underlying creepiness, in that he/she (the wizard) is truly not certain what the essence of “soul” truly is.  The paper folding we can visualize in your quiet delivery of the lines.  Your tones tell the story, even as much as the text does. The background effects of the quiet, contemplative humming and the ping-ping tapping give rhythm and a mysterious kind of music to the scene. You should do more of these.  You and Rose coordinate it together. I love the evocative nature and the poetic verses of it. And the images… “spindly parchment hair” “origami-like feathers” “soulless doll” Great work! Thank you for joining in the fun!  Looking forward to hearing more of your work.  You have a great future in this! Again,…Bravo! Encore! Encore!

Thank you so much! I wasn’t sure how well I could fit my voice with the story at first but that was really really fun!! Thanks for starting this forum, it’s been so engaging and I never would’ve started so soon if you hadn’t! <3

Ooh, that’s so cool! (LOL, I just guessed it was you XD) I was wondering if you had a clock in the room but it sounded purposeful! It’s such a cool sound, it gave the whole reading more texture! I looked for music for my audio but quickly lost patience XD

I’m so glad I really loved that noise!! Lol I saved a lot of music for my audio but probably won’t use more than a fraction of it in the end *rolls eyes at me*

I loved it! I’d love to hear more pieces! (I really want to know how you read the accents, especially Meira’s because hers sounds so cool!!)

Thank you! Ohmygosh I can’t wait to get to Meira’s part LOL, she has such an iconic voice in my head and she’s probably gonna convey the most emotion of any of my characters and her voice is so expressive and bouncy my biggest problem is not bursting out laughing in the middle of her lines XDDD

Okay, lemme answer these!

Thank you so much for the feedback I’m so glad it fit the way I meant it!

Not that dude! He kinda freaks me out XD

LOL, frankly I’d be mildly terrified if you did XDD.

The imagery and word choice was excellent! “Fragile, shattered wood” was an especially good one! The entire passage sounds kind of…. Your use of textural words made it feel… crinkly? I don’t know how else to describe it, but there were a lot of tactile words and it gave a sense of fragility to the scene. I loved it!

YES!!! I was rolling with my sensory overlap and I really “hear” and “feel” different words and I really wanted to convey as many senses as I could without it being cluttering or confusing the actual story.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

I’m so glad I really loved that noise!! Lol I saved a lot of music for my audio but probably won’t use more than a fraction of it in the end *rolls eyes at me*

Ooh, cool! Where do you find music to download? I can’t seem to find any. (Not that I looked terribly hard XD)

Thank you! Ohmygosh I can’t wait to get to Meira’s part LOL, she has such an iconic voice in my head and she’s probably gonna convey the most emotion of any of my characters and her voice is so expressive and bouncy my biggest problem is not bursting out laughing in the middle of her lines XDDD

LOL, I don’t think I’d be able to do it! I imagine her accent very clearly and it’s just so fun!

I actually know very little about my characters’ actual voices… I just don’t think in that way, for some reason? I know Liorah has a deep voice for a girl and Chantara has a very definite accent (I’ve tried reading it out loud but I can’t keep it consistent for two words in a row XD) Actually all the characters have some kind of accent but I’ve given up on reading it since I just don’t know how it actually sounds.

do have a very definite idea of their delivery, so I mostly play around with that. Liorah always sounds kinda sassy and defiant (Surprising, isn’t it? XD) Sahar speaks very quickly and excitedly, Faye has a very soft, kinda whispery voice. Acyn’s voice is probably my favorite to do, he has an extremely dry sense of humor and all his dialogue sounds either overly dramatic or completely deadpan. It’s hilarious XD

(I need to find a non-spoilery piece where they’re all talking XD That’ll be hilarious XD)

Thank you so much for the feedback I’m so glad it fit the way I meant it!

You’re welcome! I’m glad I could help!

YES!!! I was rolling with my sensory overlap and I really “hear” and “feel” different words and I really wanted to convey as many senses as I could without it being cluttering or confusing the actual story.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

*skids in glances around*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that’s the most gorgeous profile pic ever, @rose-colored-fancy!

Ooh, cool! Where do you find music to download? I can’t seem to find any. (Not that I looked terribly hard XD)

uhhhh, lemmie see…I searched “free sound effects” and just kinda clicked every page that came up until I got free sound effects XDDD

Free Sounds Library is good, MixKit has a lot of options available without signing in anything or what, you can get “unlimited downloads” for something but a lot is just fine to just kinda download whenever, so those are my two favorites cos they download without any hassle.

LOL, I don’t think I’d be able to do it! I imagine her accent very clearly and it’s just so fun!

LOL YES!!! IT’S ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE AND I CAN’T WAIT TO TRY!!!!

I actually know very little about my characters’ actual voices… I just don’t think in that way, for some reason? I know Liorah has a deep voice for a girl and Chantara has a very definite accent (I’ve tried reading it out loud but I can’t keep it consistent for two words in a row XD) Actually all the characters have some kind of accent but I’ve given up on reading it since I just don’t know how it actually sounds.

Ahhh yes, I thought I know my characters voices incredibly well until I tried to do them, apparently “hearing” a voice and “being able to imitate it” are two verrrry different things 😅

I do have a very definite idea of their delivery, so I mostly play around with that. Liorah always sounds kinda sassy and defiant (Surprising, isn’t it? XD) Sahar speaks very quickly and excitedly, Faye has a very soft, kinda whispery voice. Acyn’s voice is probably my favorite to do, he has an extremely dry sense of humor and all his dialogue sounds either overly dramatic or completely deadpan. It’s hilarious XD

LOL YES!!! I KNOW THEIR DELIVERY DOWN TO THE SLIGHTEST INFLECTION…and…that’s hard to imitate a character (Alessio) who is both completely deadpan and overly dramatic at the same time!!!

(Not even to mention it’s actually rather hard to do a guy voice…which I totally wouldn’t be trying to do perfectly XDDD btw there’s actually a method for adapting different voices by imitating cartoon characters to start and a buncha different resources for changing your voice and…😄)

(I need to find a non-spoilery piece where they’re all talking XD That’ll be hilarious XD)

YES!!! DO!!!!!!

Oh! I think you specified at the beginning of the forum somewhere but I forgot  how long are audio samples allowed to be?😂ten to fifteen, fifteen to twenty minutes tops? Or was it a specific wordcount? 🤔

Brian Stansell

@this-is-not-an-alien

Hi Cathy,

So, originally I said about 20 minutes…but (if you’ve seen Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl), you’d know that the rules are akin to the “Pirates’ Code”, more like guidelines, when it comes down to it…or suggestions, take your pick. 😉 (I know. I know. I’m a bit of a rogue, too.)

I did, in fact, break “said code” on such and so forth an occasion on my Aug. 2 post #136779.

Duration: 24 minutes 45 seconds
    Audio using: Read Aloud: A Text to Speech Voice Reader [lsdsoftware.com] {Google UK English Male}
    Here is the Raw and Unedited Text:  (Word Count – 5,025 Words)

Now the computer voice does not cough or even have to breathe, so “he/it” was able to get the full 5K words in, in just over the red line.
    Audacity does have the ability to speed up the tempo of reading, so I could have gone “full gerbil voice” and beat that 4 min. overage, but I am not sure the outcome would be decipherable unless you are fluent in “hampster”, “chipmunk” and “squirrel” dialects.  I have spoken to a few of the said “rodentia” and found they are obsessed with only acorns and nuts of various and sundry kinds.  Had a 30 minute convo with a chipmunk over the nuanced bouquet fragrance of a cashew over a peanut.  I argued that a peanut was a legume and not a true nut.  He got offended and threw a pecan at me.  Then he had the audacity to ask me to throw it back to him, because that was what his momma packed him for lunch.  He wanted to barter the squirrel on the corner with it and trade it for a walnut.  The squirrel looks a little….well “squirrely” to me, and I don’t think the little “chipper” should be going to that buck-toothed “dealer”.  I saw that squirrel trying to pass off a “chickpea” the other day as a small kind of acorn to a couple of eager ground squirrels.  I am thinking about having my dog, run that little trickster off of our block.  I don’t think “mister squirrel” is a square-dealer.  In fact, I am almost certain he is operating his little sideline market without a permit.  I would go tell him to “beat it, fluff-tail skippy!” but I need to brush up on my “squirrel dialect”.  I am out of practice.  The one thing all of them seem to understand and speak is dog.  Rocky, our golden lab, can read all of them the riot act.  When he says “Bark” they “bounce” and no two ways about it.
    Perhaps I should focus on perfecting my “dog linguistics”? 🤔  Rocky hasn’t been impressed with my attempts so far.  He just cocks his head and looks at me funny.  Kinda demeaning when your own dog offers no encouragement. 😏  I think he laughs at me behind my back.  I can never tell. That slobbery, goofy grin he always wears, hides a lot, and I’m just a teeny bit suspicious of it.  The things that dog already knows, gives him a little too much leverage.  If he ever learns to speak “human”, I am in big trouble. 😜

I was born in war.

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

*skids in glances around*

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh that’s the most gorgeous profile pic ever, rose-colored-fancy!

Aww, thank you so much, Cathy! I’m really happy with how it looks, it’s one of my favorite drawings I’ve ever done! (It took an eternity LOL XD)

Free Sounds Library is good, MixKit has a lot of options available without signing in anything or what, you can get “unlimited downloads” for something but a lot is just fine to just kinda download whenever, so those are my two favorites cos they download without any hassle.

Ooh, cool, I’ll check that out! Thanks!

LOL YES!!! IT’S ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE AND I CAN’T WAIT TO TRY!!!!

I can’t wait to hear it! That’ll be awesome!

Ahhh yes, I thought I know my characters voices incredibly well until I tried to do them, apparently “hearing” a voice and “being able to imitate it” are two verrrry different things

LOL, exactly!!!

LOL YES!!! I KNOW THEIR DELIVERY DOWN TO THE SLIGHTEST INFLECTION…and…that’s hard to imitate a character (Alessio) who is both completely deadpan and overly dramatic at the same time!!!

(Not even to mention it’s actually rather hard to do a guy voice…which I totally wouldn’t be trying to do perfectly XDDD btw there’s actually a method for adapting different voices by imitating cartoon characters to start and a buncha different resources for changing your voice and… )

LOL, totally! I have more or less given up on getting the voices accurate, I just focus on getting the delivery right. In most audiobooks I’ve listened to, that’s the easiest to listen to.

YES!!! DO!!!!!!

Okay… lemme see what parts I have that are actually readable. I have Faye’s introduction scene, I have the scene right after the previous one I posted, it isn’t very exciting but it’s quite pretty and I like it…

Umm, I might be able to pull a few pieces from later in the second book if I cut a few spoilery sentences… *Quickly checks that* Ehh, nope. They don’t stand as full scenes, they’re too interconnected.

I have one scene from the first book that includes most of the characters… hold on. *Checks that too.* Ooh, that might work! It’s the right length, and it has Liorah, Sahar, Acyn, and Gavril. That’s the closest I’m going to get. I have to rewrite some bits of it but I’ll try to record it within the next week or two.

Brian Stansell

@rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

Rose and Cathy,

Did you know that Audacity does have features to change your voice or make it sound like it is in a cave, or speed it up, or slow it down?  These features are under the Effects Menu at the top.  Simply highlight the area on the audio wave that you want to “effect”, and choose from the Effects – dropdown menu.
    Reverb – makes it sound like the speaker is in a cave
    Echo – well, “echoes” 😉
    Pitch – raises or lowers an octave level, so if you want to try giving the effect of a “male” voice, (depending on the age of the speaker), you might try lowering the pitch to see what happens.

Here is how to Silence a section of the Audio line in 3 Easy steps…
    Audacity_Help

I was born in war.

Cathy
    @this-is-not-an-alien

So, originally I said about 20 minutes…but (if you’ve seen Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl), you’d know that the rules are akin to the “Pirates’ Code”, more like guidelines, when it comes down to it…or suggestions, take your pick. (I know. I know. I’m a bit of a rogue, too.) I did, in fact, break “said code” on such and so forth an occasion on my Aug. 2 post #136779.

Alright! So to regurgitate “all the rules apply unless I can break them spectacularly!” (:
    Haha the extent of my knowledge on the Pirates of the Caribbean come from memes my best friend sent and @joelle-stone’s series analyzing movies (although–via memes–my brother decided I was basically Jake Sparrow minus booze 😛 )

Audacity does have the ability to speed up the tempo of reading, so I could have gone “full gerbil voice” and beat that 4 min. overage, but I am not sure the outcome would be decipherable unless you are fluent in “hampster”, “chipmunk” and “squirrel” dialects. — If he ever learns to speak “human”, I am in big trouble.

Haha! My dog believes I’m his personal servant and finds it quite endearing when I pretend to be in ‘the boss’. And the only command I’ve ever actually managed to teach him was “shake hands” and that’s because he found this particular human ritual incredibly enjoyable and now paws my leg whenever he wants to initiate said human ritual. Or maybe he just wants to pet me as a reward for being a “good girl”, I think he sees me as his pet and thinks I’m adorable and completely lack sentience.
    Oh yes! If you speak squirrel or chipmunk all they do is talk about food, and scream at each other over said food (–and I must say regardless of my age they use quite colorful language 😂) Now the birds think it quite demeaning to use swear words unless to demonstrate the utter disgrace and contempt you have fallen into; they reserve it for very special occasion. Especially the titmice, they absolutely hate it when a human steals their spot and will let you know in every possible language they can speak. But they do enjoy playing with you. In that you chase them slowly and quietly and they pretend not to notice while hopping a couple more steps away and peeking back at you as if to say ‘come on slowpoke!’
    I’m also fluent in whale thanks to Finding Nemo! 😁

Aww, thank you so much, Cathy! I’m really happy with how it looks, it’s one of my favorite drawings I’ve ever done! (It took an eternity LOL XD)

I love the colors and the flow of motion, yes! Lol yes it looks like it took time and care!

Ooh, cool, I’ll check that out! Thanks!

Alrighty!

I can’t wait to hear it! That’ll be awesome!

LOL YES!

LOL, totally! I have more or less given up on getting the voices accurate, I just focus on getting the delivery right. In most audiobooks I’ve listened to, that’s the easiest to listen to.

I definitely am trying to focus on delivery. But I also spent a while listening to/recording clips of the Lion King because Simba’s adult voice is ever so slightly effeminate so I thought it’d be a good place to start. Aaaaand then I got kinda carried away with Disney music (which LOL is so normal in my family I was singing I Just Can’t Wait to Be King loudly and my brother from the other room sings back Zazu’s lines and walks in and then just kinda blinks for a second and says “wait are you filming that?” and that turned into a buncha different songs and all-round total chaos…)

I have one scene from the first book that includes most of the characters… hold on. *Checks that too.* Ooh, that might work! It’s the right length, and it has Liorah, Sahar, Acyn, and Gavril. That’s the closest I’m going to get. I have to rewrite some bits of it but I’ll try to record it within the next week or two.

Ooooooh that’ll be great!
    I have to do a couple more takes on my first chapter and then clean it up and touch it up and survive life but I should have that within a week or so too!

Did you know that Audacity does have features to change your voice or make it sound like it is in a cave, or speed it up, or slow it down?  These features are under the Effects Menu at the top.  Simply highlight the area on the audio wave that you want to “effect”, and choose from the Effects – dropdown menu. Reverb – makes it sound like the speaker is in a cave Echo – well, “echoes” Pitch – raises or lowers an octave level, so if you want to try giving the effect of a “male” voice, (depending on the age of the speaker), you might try lowering the pitch to see what happens. Here is how to Silence a section of the Audio line in 3 Easy steps…

Oh thanks! I definitely have to experiment with pitch now! And reverb and echo and basically all the special effects!!! (And I definitely plan to silence sections to replace that bit with better sound effects!!) I didn’t really think about using the pitch to affect a “male voice” but that could definitely work depending on the resulting quality of the voice and…*gears turning rapidly lots of experiments pending…* I know I did use the “Fade” effect to soften my background music–Oh! And if you up the dB past 0.0 in Amplify too much you can sound like an eldritch abomination speaking through the crackling fires of hell!!! (For any…villains’ voices ya’know! XD)

Rose
    @rose-colored-fancy

@this-is-not-an-alien

Haha the extent of my knowledge on the Pirates of the Caribbean come from memes my best friend sent and joelle-stone’s series analyzing movies (although–via memes–my brother decided I was basically Jake Sparrow minus booze   )

LOL! Second-hand media XD Same, it’s the memes and short clips my best friend sends me XD I

I love the colors and the flow of motion, yes! Lol yes it looks like it took time and care!

Thank you! LOL, yes! By the time I finished the feathers on the black dress my eyes were practically bleeding XD

I definitely am trying to focus on delivery. But I also spent a while listening to/recording clips of the Lion King because Simba’s adult voice is ever so slightly effeminate so I thought it’d be a good place to start. Aaaaand then I got kinda carried away with Disney music (which LOL is so normal in my family I was singing I Just Can’t Wait to Be King loudly and my brother from the other room sings back Zazu’s lines and walks in and then just kinda blinks for a second and says “wait are you filming that?” and that turned into a buncha different songs and all-round total chaos…)

LOL! I can imagine that so vividly XD

LOl, just yesterday I was reading a chapter with Faye and Ferran out loud (Not recording, just to check for mistakes) and I decided to do voices and I thought I was going to die XD Out of all the characters, Faye and Ferran have the highest and lowest voices respectively and there was a ton of dialogue, and switching between them was an absolute nightmare XD I didn’t even go all out with the voices, just a slight change but it was still harder than I thought XD

Ooooooh that’ll be great!
    I have to do a couple more takes on my first chapter and then clean it up and touch it up and survive life but I should have that within a week or so too!

Awesome!! I can’t wait! 😀

Did you know that Audacity does have features to change your voice or make it sound like it is in a cave, or speed it up, or slow it down?  These features are under the Effects Menu at the top.  Simply highlight the area on the audio wave that you want to “effect”, and choose from the Effects – dropdown menu.
    Reverb – makes it sound like the speaker is in a cave
    Echo – well, “echoes”
    Pitch – raises or lowers an octave level, so if you want to try giving the effect of a “male” voice, (depending on the age of the speaker), you might try lowering the pitch to see what happens.

Ooh, that’s cool! I’ll have to try it out!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 140 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Enroll in Our Seven-Day Mindset Challenge Course

Enter your email to begin taking the course. We'll send you a link to begin the mindset course along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You've joined the course! Check your email to watch the first video.

Stop Using Meaningless Character Questionnaires

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Enjoying This Article? Get the Full Series!

You can download the entire Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers series in e-book form for free!

Learn how to wisely handle subjects like violence, language, and sex as a writer.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the eBook in one moment...

Worldbuild Smarter, Not Harder

Some worldbuilding questionnaires force you to answer as many questions as possible about your world.

Ours doesn’t. Answer targeted questions that reveal what’s actually important about your world.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the worldbuilding questionnaire in one moment...

Take Your Style to the Next Level

Take Your Style to the Next Level

The written word matters to God.

Does it matter to you?

Learn how to develop an eloquent, practical, and personal style by downloading our free e-book.

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Every Year, Thousands of Writers Give Up

Don’t be the next.

We understand how exhausting writing can be, so download our free e-book and find inspiration to press on!

Don't Be That Kind of Christian Writer

Want to impact the world for Christ with your writing—without being preachy or cliched?

Learn how to avoid common pitfalls and craft powerful themes by downloading our free worksheet!

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the theme worksheet in one moment...

So You Have Clichés in Your Novel...

Thankfully, we’re here to help!

Enter your email below, and we’ll send you a simple process for smashing clichés.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the cliche worksheet in one moment...

Enter your email to receive updates on the Engaging Plots Summit, along with emails to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Does Christian Fiction Need to Be Clean?

Our Tricky Subjects for Christian Storytellers e-book examines how to depict sensitive topics like violence, language, and sex with realism and wisdom. Sign up to download it for free!

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

Poetry Isn't Just for Poets

It can also help novelists write better stories!

Get our Harnessing the Power of Poetry e-book to learn how techniques used by skilled poets can enrich your storytelling.

You can download the entire Harnessing the Power of Poetry series in e-book form for free!

Learn what surprising insights and techniques novelists can glean from poets.

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Uncover the Secret to Relatable Characters

Learning how to help readers connect with your story's characters doesn't need to be a mystery.

Get our Evoking Reader Empathy e-book to discover how successful authors build empathy.

Knowing your character's favorite ice cream flavor won't help you write engaging protagonists.

Our questionnaire is different. Use it to discover your character's core fears, longings, hopes, and needs.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the character questionnaire in one moment...

Plotting Is Hard

Plotting Is Hard

That’s why we created a worksheet that will help you make sure your story hits all the right plot beats.

Congratulations! Redirecting you to the plot sheet in one moment...

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Learn What the Bible Says about Engaging Plots

Enter your email to get your guide, along with other resources to help you grow in your writing craft!

You have successfully subscribed for updates!

Pin It on Pinterest