-
Zee replied to the topic My Publishing Journey in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
Hey, @hobbitchild, I just picked up my copy of your book! Looking forward to reading it. Please do keep us posted on how things go. I’m pretty new at this game myself (having published my first book only a few months ago) but I’d love to help you out or share ideas if there’s any way I can.
-
Sarahfi replied to the topic My Publishing Journey in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
Thanks for the tag, @hobbitchild! This is cool to watch. Feel free to tag me if you post anything more about this.
-
Sarahfi started the topic Instagram/Bookstagram Help! in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
I just moved into the dorms at college. Everyone has Instagram and uses it to connect. Also, I’m in a new city with a new church. The student group also uses Instagram. I don’t really have any social media, but it looks like I’m going to get Instagram.
I’ve heard a lot about Bookstagram as a book marketing tool, and I’ve considered doing it…[Read more]
-
Hi, @sarahfi ! I gott say, I LOVE bookstagram and the community there. The Christian bookish community is so encouraging and supportive and I’ve connected with so many great authors there! But I also gotta say that sometimes it is hard to figure out new content to post all the time, but once you figure out a manageable schedule things get a lot…[Read more]
-
Thank you, Jenna! That does help.
-
-
-
Sarahfi joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Hobbitchild started the topic My Publishing Journey in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
@zee @selah-chelyah @abigail-rebekah @beth20 @sarahfi @nancy-drew @writergirl101 @anne_the_noob14 @katthewriter @pensword
Hi, everyone! I tagged a bunch of people I thought might be interested in this post.
So, tomorrow I am releasing an ebook on Amazon called “Memory Lane Was Moved”. I encourage you to visit the webpage it is listed on here. It…[Read more]
-
Hobbitchild joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Claire_Tucker joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Laurel joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Sarahfi replied to the topic Whats the title of your book and explain it in 3 sentances @Everyone in the forum Sci-fi Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
@kendralynne518 I think accidentally writing a blurb should be a superpower :).
Mine is cheating, since I don’t actually have a WIP at the moment (I’m on a post-novel break). My third novel is called Valkyrie.
Just before the destruction of civilization as we know it, Meredith was kidnapped, altered, and trained as a superhuman warrior by her…[Read more]
-
Sarahfi joined the group Sci-fi Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
-
WanderingFay joined the group Sci-fi Writers 6 years, 1 month ago
-
Livi Ryddle replied to the topic Sci-fi novella: How to write? in the forum Sci-fi Writers 6 years, 2 months ago
*nods* Gotcha. Coolio! I haven’t thought about this story for a while, so I should go back now and go through my notes with a fresh mind and see what I can do with it 🙂
-
Zee replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 2 months ago
I’m new, so I hope you all don’t mind me jumping in to comment. Just wanted to say thanks to you, Rebekah, for being so willing to share your struggles and questions, and for having the humility to take even the painful advice in the spirit it’s meant. And to the rest of you, thanks for sharing your wisdom! I’ve also recently self-published…[Read more]
-
JasonKarpf posted an update in the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 2 months ago
Hello, fellow nerds. I just signed a book deal with Elk Lake Publishing for my Christian sci-fi novel, Brimstone 1. I teach marketing at Christian universities around the country. Looking forward to connecting and learning in this group.
-
JasonKarpf replied to the topic Sci-fi novella: How to write? in the forum Sci-fi Writers 6 years, 2 months ago
Livi—
I agree with writing this in first person. As MC pushes through the emotional barriers, he will learn more and so will the reader. The effect of manipulating emotions will be more powerful for the reader. Think about why the society promoted the emotion-dampening technology. There should be a dark reason, or some faction that has been a…[Read more]
-
JasonKarpf posted an update in the group Sci-fi Writers 6 years, 2 months ago
Hello, fellow Christian sci-fi writers. I just signed a book deal with Elk Lake Publishing on my Christian sci-fi novel, Brimstone 1.
-
JasonKarpf joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 2 months ago
-
JasonKarpf joined the group Sci-fi Writers 6 years, 2 months ago
-
Zee joined the group Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 2 months ago
-
Josiah DeGraaf replied to the topic Publishing questions in the forum Publishing and Marketing Nerds 6 years, 2 months ago
Hey Rebekah!
Great questions. My personal opinion for some time has been that I think a number of writers feel a need to publish a lot sooner than they need to–or than it’s necessarily wise to do so. Truth be told, there’s no rush to get published and if the additional time allows you to better hone your craft and put together a smashing first…[Read more]
- Load More












