-
E. Grace replied to the topic January 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 7 months ago
Happy Valentine’s Day! *throws paper hearts*
How are everyone’s goals coming along? Is anyone in need of prayer/encouragement?
@karthmin @hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @catwing @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @sarah-narnathro…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo replied to the topic Prompt War: Non-Cliche Happy Ending in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
The story has been finished! We are slightly over the word limit at 2685/2500, so some trimming needs to be done, but I think we have a really good story! The official editors are @emgc, @sageinthemeadow, and @seekjustice.
You can find the story here. Remember, the prompt was “Write a story with a non-cliche happy ending.”
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
*facedesk*
I said plant, but leave it to half of you guys to come up with a loophole and choose ents. 😀
I really can’t blame you, though. XD I’ve been called an ent before, and I hroomed and huffed, but accepted the compliment anyway. XD
Now drink up on your entwash, because you’ll need it for this next question:
Out of all the places that…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic CD Week 16: growth arcs {discussion} in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 7 months ago
Ereki,
We are moving on in our discussion to Growth Arcs! We’ll look especially at which kind of characters this arc tends to suit best of all. Short introduction today, so let’s dive in. 😛
First, a definition to refresh our memories: Growth arcs do not fundamentally change the character, but (as the name implies) simply bring them through a…[Read more]
-
E. Grace replied to the topic January 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 7 months ago
Well it’s a new week, y’all! How did your goals go last week?
What are your goals for this week?
My goals are to:
— Do some outlining
— Work on short story
— Practice every day
— Use watercolors
— Catch up on school work
How about you guys?
Psalm 68:35 You, God, are awesome in Your sanctuary; the God of Israel gives pow…[Read more]
-
Devastate Lasting started the topic 2019 Critique Piece in the forum Critiques 7 years, 7 months ago
Hey everyone, as Karthmin has dubbed me Wordsifter, I thought I might try to do something!
I know, I haven’t been active. Sorry about that. I’ll try to be.
Anyways, what I thought would be fun and helpful is that this year, for 2019, everyone will post one piece of their writing that they want to be critiqued on! It can be more than one piece,…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo replied to the topic Prompt War: Non-Cliche Happy Ending in the forum Announcements 7 years, 7 months ago
Huzzah, fellow warriors. With victories gained in the land of Hangouts, we now have a plan of action!
Bob is a prince who was turned into a frog after climbing into a tower looking for a princess, and found a witch instead. She had spread the rumors herself to lure in princes, and when she didn’t like them she turned them into frogs and tossed t…[Read more]
-
Karthmin started the topic CD Week 15: transformation arcs {discussion} in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 7 months ago
My dear Ereki,
This week, we will look more closely at the change or transformation character arc. Of the three kinds of character arcs, I think this is one of the most common. If you have heard of the Hero’s Journey, then you’ve heard of the transformation arc.
As I was thinking about it for the past hour or so while puttering about here and…[Read more]
-
Karthmin replied to the topic Weekly Wonderings in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 7 months ago
Ereki!
This week, our random question is:
If you were a plant (any plant) what plant would you be (and why, if you choose to explain that…)?
+++
@hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @emgc @catwing @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @sarah-…[Read more]
-
E. Grace replied to the topic January 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 8 months ago
So how did everyone’s goals go last week???
You can post how many words you wrote last week below, as well as your goals for the coming week. 🙂
I think @hope-ann was going to post some celebratory memes for anyone who participated in the word war? Mabye? I dunno.
My total for last week was 1,181. Terribly low, I know. I caught the sto…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo started the topic Prompt War: Non-Cliche Happy Ending in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
To battle, my fellow warriors! For on this day we hath received our mission— write a story with a non-cliché happy ending! The war ends Sunday, February 17, with a word limit of 2500 words. As your shiny new Warmaster, I shalt lead the charge into battle.
So, I liked the way we brainstormed before, with writing on a Google Docs page, but I think…[Read more]
-
E. Grace replied to the topic January 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 8 months ago
How are everyone’s goals going this week??
Do I need to bribe anybody with cookies?!?! 🍪🍪🍪
@hope-ann @mlbolangerauthor @lady-frosttongue @sarah-inkdragon @devastate-lasting @sageinthemeadow @enu @the-inkspiller @filewriter @princess-foo @catwing @kelly-lundgren @allison-grace @sarah-narnathron @ajaj2000 @warrenluther04 @lydia-…[Read more]
-
Princess Foo started the topic Beta-Reading (Super Cool) YA Fantasy in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 8 months ago
(I don’t know if non-guild masters are supposed to post in this section but) I have an achievement! I finished the latest draft of my WIP!
Unfortunately, all of my family and friends have read my earlier draft, and I need a new set of eyes to beta-read it for me. Is anyone interested? It’s called The Key to Everywhere, and it’s YA fantasy with…[Read more]
-
EricaWordsmith replied to the topic Enter the Taleweaver in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years, 8 months ago
Hi there! Sorry to revive a long since dead conversation, but I couldn’t help but notice the thing about musical magic back there… I haven’t read too much about musical magic, but do you think that’s an overused thing or could it still be done if given the right twist?
-
Karthmin started the topic CD Week 14: character arcs {article} in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
Hello dear Ereki!
I’m under a bit of a time limit, but this week is research week! We’re starting a new ‘line’ of discussion about character arcs. It’s the last big topic that we’re going to hit in our discussion of character development.
So this week, seeing as I’m dreadfully late, I just wanted to throw up a bunch of articles for us to peruse…[Read more]
-
The Deranged Ninja replied to the topic Enter the Taleweaver in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years, 8 months ago
I love fantasy. And dragons. And seeing how it’s got the Bible in it and how faith in God is expressed throughout it’s just really cool.
My favorite characters are Bonnie, Ashley, and Elam. (Although it is hard to decide since everyone’s so awesome. Mostly everyone.)
-
The Deranged Ninja replied to the topic Enter the Taleweaver in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years, 8 months ago
I actually know of several people who have read Davis and not those books but anyway.
I LOVE those books! They’re my favorite in the entire world besides the Bible!!! How’d you like them? Who were your favorite characters?
Ooh! Signed copies! Nice!!
-
E. Grace replied to the topic January 2019 Accountability in the forum Accountability & Achievements 7 years, 8 months ago
Hey guys! So. Some of you may or may not know that our guildmaster has recently appointed me this guild’s official Heartsinger. Which… is basically just a fancy title for the new head of the accountability page. 😉
Anyways… to start off, I have a special announcement for you all. My partner @hope-ann and I have decided to start up a week…[Read more]
-
The Deranged Ninja replied to the topic Enter the Taleweaver in the forum Introduce Yourself 7 years, 8 months ago
So… I was… *winces and blushes a little* snooping around and spying on random people on SE. And I noticed you like Bryan Davis’ books. Have you read his Dragons in our Midst, Oracles of Fire, or Children of the Bard series?
-
Filewriter replied to the topic An Erekdale Pinterest Board! in the forum Erekdale Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Oops, forgot to tag the Ereki. That’s no good. Anyways, here we are.
@karthmin, @hope-ann, @mlbolangerauthor, @lady-frosttongue, @sarah-inkdragon, @devastate-lasting, @sageinthemeadow, @enu, @the-inkspiller, @princess-foo, @emgc, @catwing, @kelly-lundgren, @allison-grace, @sarah-narnathron, @ajaj2000, @warrenluther04, @lydia-writes, @seekjustice,…[Read more]
- Load More












