-
graceabounds2129 replied to the topic Home for a Year Chapter 1 Excerpt in the forum Critiques 7 years, 11 months ago
@kayla-joy @quinn-ofallon @wordsmith @scribbles @brandon-miller
As I work on this story for NaNo, I’m looking for some feedback to kind of help in the writing process… If I posted an updated version with the full first couple chapters, would any of you all be willing to read through and give a little feedback?
-
Brandon Miller started the topic November Word War in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
HEY GUYS
Here’s the topic for this month’s word war.
And HERE is a link to a spreadsheet where you can tally your totals if you’re not using NaNo’s website.
Carry…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
The Lady Quinn comes forth with a word-count! congratulations!!!!!!! That’s almost a thousand!
-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Hey Y’all,
When you get a chance today, please submit your final wordcount so that I can turn it over to the giant calculator of things.
@emma-starr
@happyholly_c
@corkybookworm
@quinn-ofallon
@kayla-joy
@nuetrobolt
@pookiemonster
@inkling-for-christ
@sir-leeds
@morgan-tailor
@grace-tolkienista
@brie-donning
@dwight-schruteNice work everybody!
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Good work ya’ll! I’m gonna settle in for my final run. Pray for mental speed and…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Hey guys (@Coralie) tomorrow is the last day of the word war!
We’re gonna be short on words if we don’t all kick it up a notch. We want to notch our third victory, so here’s a call to arms!
I actually got a few words written today (648, to be exact) and also I’ve written pages and pages and pages of character outlines, but those don’t count.…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Posting my word count for the day followed by my all time for the war: This day I finished at 1672! That leaves me at 6360 all war!
Let’s do this! *yawns* *goes to…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
@quinn-ofallon… ‘m lady… The word war ends Tuesday night. So we have a full four days left.
@scribbles… WHOA!!!! THAT’S AMAZING! YOU DID IT! YOU GOT THREE MORE WORDS THAN I DID!!!! THAT’S WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT!
@sir-leeds. SirLeeds! Welcome! So very glad you could join us… WELL DONE!!! 😀
As I’ve said before, that’s nothing to sneeze at.
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Rillumen! A quick note… I think we have a strong start… but let me remind you that all the guilds can easily look at our prior wins (on the guild page) and set a goal to beat. We have shown to the world what last time’s win was, so they now have that to use.
But remember… we get better too. We can show them what happens when a Lumenite…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Hey there ya’ll! So I have a thought…
Myself and one other have set a goal to get 10,000 words for this war… and after thinking about it, I’d like to invite you all to join us in that. I’m not saying you have to, I don’t know what your life is like… but the invitation is out there.
I personally have found that setting a goal, even if a…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller replied to the topic Rillumen Home Page (FINISHED) in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
HEY GUYS. Look what Josiah did!
So cool!
@emma-starr
@missfaeriekaiti
@happyholly_c
@corkybookworm
@scribbles
@quinn-ofallon
@kayla-joy
@nuetrobolt
@pookiemonster
@inkling-for-christ
@sir-leeds
@morgan-tailor
@rolena-hatfield
@grace-tolkienista
@graceabounds2129
@wordsmith
@brie-donning
@cassidy
@dwight-schrute -
Wordsmith replied to the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Champion Defender Wordsmith putting in his word count: Acquired today, beginning the race for the week… 1510 words!
Oh! And btw… I heard some peeps from New Wessex talking smack about winning this one… we gonna let that happen? Let’s get on our feet and show ’em the golden river of Rillumen! It flows strong… it flows…[Read more]
-
Rachel Rogers replied to the topic Setting Activity #1 in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
Another horse person! We have quite a few running around on the forum (hey, @quinn-ofallon!), and a couple in Rillumen as well. I used to be a lot more of a horse girl than I am now. And I’ve played the fiddle for several years, although I’m really rusty at the moment. I’m hoping to be practicing regularly again by the end of the year.…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Championship Defense in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
HEY GUYS
So, you know how we don’t ever miscommunicate things.
Yep, cool cool.
(We’re starting a word war today.)
I thought it was going to be next week, but they’re doing it this week so…
TOO ARMS RILLUMEN.
I know a lot of people are doing NaNo prep this week and I’d say don’t sacrifice that. Set yourself up well for the long run, but…[Read more]
-
Rachel Rogers replied to the topic Rillumen Home Page (DUE TOMORROW) in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
So, I’m not sure where the misunderstanding originated, but I know for a fact that there are already badges/banners for the guilds.
Brianna Hilvety, my lovely friend and our lovely graphics director at SE, designed them a month ago and mentioned it to me then. I have seen them. They really do exist. (And she confirmed that I could reveal this…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Rillumen Home Page (DUE TOMORROW) in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
Rillumen! I have started a doc on which I’m writing about Rillumen. This is how I envision the home paging coming out, and I’d like to put on a certain feeling of mystique… or maybe deep power. So please comment on the doc, I’d love to hear what you have to say as I work on…[Read more]
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Setting Activity #1 in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 11 months ago
HELLO RILLUMEN.
Hi.
Sorry.
HI!
I have been very gone of late. I’m sorry about that, the last two weeks just happened so fast. It honestly feels like I posted last here yesterday. (I did not, jsyk :P)
BUT I’M BACK NOW.
One of the reasons I’ve been gone is that I’ve been stuffing my free moments by reading “A Writer’s Active Guide to Se…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic Mona's… smile? in the forum Announcements 7 years, 11 months ago
-
Brandon Miller started the topic Mona's… smile? in the forum Announcements 7 years, 12 months ago
OKAY GUYS,
I have a lot of announcements to cover, so let’s get right into it.
– WORD WAR RESULTS: You guys worked really hard last week and I’m very proud. Also, we won. Our total (39,179 words) was just barely more than the second-place total. So, nice work, hats off, and just know we needed all of y’all to get this done. (Can’t wait unt…[Read more]
-
Wordsmith replied to the topic WORD WAR WEEK!!!! in the forum Announcements 8 years ago
@quinn-ofallon @grace-tolkienista
Wow! Ya’ll brought another 2400 words (in estimation)!
- Load More












