-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {Story Theory – Week 15} How a Synopsis can Help You Write and Edit Your Book in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 7 months ago
@esther-sears I’ve found it suuuper helpful in all my edits so far!
@ashira Thank youuu. ❤
@caleb-e-king You should definitely try it out sometime!
@mairin-atha Nice! That’s a great start to the synopsis. π
-
E.B. Raulands replied to the topic Inside Out in the forum Story Analysis 7 years, 7 months ago
*cough* It seems I may have made a small mistake when I thought this would be a popular choice for analysis. XD
However, I’d still like to try going through an analysis using our story theory lessons, so I was wondering if there is a film/book/story you’d all like to try to analyze this way?
If you would, maybe list 3-5 options you’d like to…[Read more] -
Jane Maree started the topic {Story Theory – Week 15} How a Synopsis can Help You Write and Edit Your Book in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
Alright, guys. Ignoring the fact that I forgot to write this yesterday….IT’S SYNOPSIS TIME!
Before I begin, I want to clear up one little thing.
AΒ book synopsis is a three- to four-page summary of your book, that tells your story from beginning to end, outlining the important plot scenes and character development moments and twists. These…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic PROMPT GUILD WAR – Happy Endings but NO CLICHE in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
It’s been a literal AGE since we last did a guild war, but we guild masters are finally kicking ourselves into gear and we’ve got another show on the road! WHO’S EXCITED???
Okay, let’s get to the actual plan.
The prompt: write a story with a non-clichΓ© happy ending.
The dates:Β Monday 4th β Monday 18th
Same drill as always.
- We bra…
-
E.B. Raulands started the topic Inside Out in the forum Story Analysis 7 years, 8 months ago
As you could probably tell by the title, this topic will be dealing with Inside Out, which unlike the other three analysis topics is a cartoon. But, if you’ve seen the movie, I think you’ll agree that is a very well-done and surprisingly powerful film. The question is, why is it so good? How were the writers able to take a film medium designated…[Read more]
-
Selah replied to the topic Bring Your Questions Hither: LIVE Q&A WITH ME! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
Absolutely! It was awesome!
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Bring Your Questions Hither: LIVE Q&A WITH ME! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
@jessi-rae Aw no! I’m so sorry. π If you have any questions, you can drop them here now and I’ll still answer them and you can rewatch the video later maybe?
@mairin-atha Yep! 27 minutes and counting down… 😊
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Bring Your Questions Hither: LIVE Q&A WITH ME! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
@esther-sears
@parker
@caleb-e-king
@jessi-rae
@theswordinthebook
@selah-chelyah
@thewirelessblade
@fctait
@professorsjb
@katthewriter
@lightning-spider
@skye
@mairin-atha
@e-b-raulands
@jillifish
@dakota
@brooka3
@scarletimmortalized
@joseph_darkgrate
@NicoleG
@theinconceivable1
@elizabeth
@ellen-blanc
@ashira(Sorry for tagging you all so many…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Bring Your Questions Hither: LIVE Q&A WITH ME! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
Monday seems to be the most popular day so far. Who’s up for Monday (Jan. 28th) 4-5 pm EST?
@selah-chelyah Would you be able to get to…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic Bring Your Questions Hither: LIVE Q&A WITH ME! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
@mairin-atha Sweet! π
@parker If you’re actually interested in the idea, one hour isn’t going to make that much of a difference. π No pressure though! It’s just a fun thing if people wanted to do it. (If you have any questions or want feedback on any things publishing related, you could bring those too though and we could go over…[Read more]
-
Jane Maree started the topic Bring Your Questions Hither: LIVE Q&A WITH ME! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
Calling all MEERKATS!
Welcome to the newest addition to the Meraki guild: Live Q&As with the Guild Master! (That means me 😂) I saw someone suggesting this idea and I really liked it, so after getting approval from the other guild masters, I’m kicking it off in a test run to see if it works out!
How it will work:
- Using youtube live as a…
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {Story Theory (but not really) – Week 13} Editing Your Manuscript in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
@mairin-atha It was my pleasure! I’m glad it was helpful! π
I find sorting it into different types of problems/solutions is really helpful to get a clear picture of what you have to do to move forward in edits in the smoothest way possible.
I might whip up something about that, yes. Good idea! π
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {Story Theory – Week 12} 5 Tips for Surviving your Manuscript Edits in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
@mairin-atha That’s okay! Busyness happens. π
That’s great that you can enjoy editing! Wow, that sounds like a cool schedule. I don’t think I’d be able to manage that, but it’s so fun to see what other people do!
You’re welcome! π
@jillifish I’m so sorry, Jillian! I’ll be keeping you both in my prayers. ❤
-
Dakota replied to the topic A Christmas Proposition in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
@professorsjbΒ Β @mairin-atha and everyone else-
I’m sorry. I’m new to using Google Docs and have no idea what I’m doing. πΒ But I think this will work now:
Let me now if you’re still having troubles.
-
Selah replied to the topic A Christmas Proposition in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
You are sweet and patient! Will let you know here… π
-
Selah replied to the topic A Christmas Proposition in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
Aww, thanks for your understanding! I will let you know when I get it done. π
-
ProfessorSJB replied to the topic {Story Theory – Week 11} The Plot Twist Recipe (+ FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS NEEDED) in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
Why this guild is the best? This is the best thing that happened to me in 2018. Since I joined this writing group, I finished two WIPs that were from my major work. I would agree withΒ @mairin-atha that edits would be nice…(which you’ve already started, so I have to take a look at it!) Thank you so much for being such an…[Read more]
-
ProfessorSJB replied to the topic Meraki Song!!! in the forum Announcements 7 years, 8 months ago
I love these kinds of music!
Out of curiosity, do you guys have music that you listen to while you…[Read more]
-
Selah replied to the topic A Christmas Proposition in the forum Meraki Writing Discussions 7 years, 8 months ago
LOL! That is very comforting, dear guildmaster. π
I will get yours done asap, as well. Sorry it is not there yet! Ah…life has been crazy, as usual…
-
Jane Maree replied to the topic {Story Theory – Week 11} The Plot Twist Recipe (+ FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS NEEDED) in the forum Annual Theme Discussion 7 years, 8 months ago
@mairin-atha Thank you so much! It’s so encouraging to hear that you enjoy this guild. 😄
I’ve got at least one more editing topic lined up. Thanks for the ideas! I might have a shot at one more about publishing if others are interested… 🤔
Thank YOU for being incredibly encouraging. I’ll definitely keep you in mind if anything comes up.…
- Load More












